Jump to topic:

Bombing in Lebanon and Hezbollah

NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 11:19:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hezbollah recently described in a public statement 14 march's Future party as a political party that supports Sunnah extremism and terrorism. Now 8 March supporters, after Mohammad Chatah was assassinated today, are saying that it's because Sunnah extremists are targeting Sunnah moderate parties such as the Future party, although Hezbollah described them both as allies days ago.

What makes this situation even more ridiculous is Chatah's last tweet an hour before his assassination: "#Hezbollah is pressing hard to be granted similar powers in security & foreign policy matters that Syria exercised in Lebanon for 15 yrs."

8 March's current statements about him are ridiculous as they are praising him as a martyr when he died attacking the Syrian regime and Hezbollah, two sides they support..

This has been one of the weirdest days in Lebanon. Any thoughts on what could happen? What do you think?
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 4:17:29 PM
At 12/27/2013 11:19:55 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Hezbollah recently described in a public statement 14 march's Future party as a political party that supports Sunnah extremism and terrorism. Now 8 March supporters, after Mohammad Chatah was assassinated today, are saying that it's because Sunnah extremists are targeting Sunnah moderate parties such as the Future party, although Hezbollah described them both as allies days ago.

What makes this situation even more ridiculous is Chatah's last tweet an hour before his assassination: "#Hezbollah is pressing hard to be granted similar powers in security & foreign policy matters that Syria exercised in Lebanon for 15 yrs."

8 March's current statements about him are ridiculous as they are praising him as a martyr when he died attacking the Syrian regime and Hezbollah, two sides they support..

This has been one of the weirdest days in Lebanon. Any thoughts on what could happen? What do you think?
Chatah was assassinated by who? I thought he was a former ambassador.

This isn't a surprise that Hezbollah would make such statements. Hezbollah seems to have two brains with no functioning leader from what I deserved. On one hand, it seems they feign to be moderate and another second they are espousing extremism.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 4:50:31 PM
At 12/27/2013 4:17:29 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:
At 12/27/2013 11:19:55 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Chatah was assassinated by who? I thought he was a former ambassador.

This isn't a surprise that Hezbollah would make such statements. Hezbollah seems to have two brains with no functioning leader from what I deserved. On one hand, it seems they feign to be moderate and another second they are espousing extremism.

Chatah, after his ambassador post, became a Lebanese minister elected by 14 March and then Saad Harriri's personal consultant and an important 14 March figure.

Yes, I agree. Hezbollah currently is suffering from severe schizophrenia. I find it shocking that great names like Noam Chomsky still act like apologists for Hezbollah.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 6:05:31 PM
At 12/27/2013 4:50:31 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:

Chatah, after his ambassador post, became a Lebanese minister elected by 14 March and then Saad Harriri's personal consultant and an important 14 March figure.

Yes, I agree. Hezbollah currently is suffering from severe schizophrenia. I find it shocking that great names like Noam Chomsky still act like apologists for Hezbollah.

Hezbollah has always confused me. Do you think Hezbollah will become legitimate? Or will they maintain their hardline stance?

Well, Noam Chomsky subscribes to human optimism and thinks human beings are good. So there shouldn't be any surprise there that he sympathizes with Hezbollah. His experience is limited to academia so his stance shouldn't be of any real shock.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc