Jump to topic:

What are your thoughts about Michelle O's rec

SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 7:01:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am not particularly a fan of the current administration, however, lately I have noticed FLOTUS Michelle Obama does not look very happy. In fact, I kind of get the impression or gut feeling things are not going well between POTUS and FLOTUS.

Anyone else notice this
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 10:55:35 PM
At 12/27/2013 7:01:58 PM, SemperVI wrote:
I am not particularly a fan of the current administration, however, lately I have noticed FLOTUS Michelle Obama does not look very happy. In fact, I kind of get the impression or gut feeling things are not going well between POTUS and FLOTUS.

Anyone else notice this

I have noticed it, that is bad news. It doesn't look like a good presentation for the country. Obama has taken a toll as well from his experience in the White House ever since he first sat in office. Obama's hair has gotten grayer since he was elected. It is in their face and eyes that they have been stressed out and stretched out.

Then again, it is befitting that an idealist needs to have their ideals crushed by reality. It is always easy to create reckless ideas about how the country really functions. I like the fact that if "The Average Joe" sat in the White House for a day as the POTUS he would have a mental breakdown in one day due to being ill-prepared for the responsibility of 300 million people.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2013 11:50:10 PM
At 12/27/2013 10:55:35 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:

Anyone else notice this

I have noticed it, that is bad news. It doesn't look like a good presentation for the country. Obama has taken a toll as well from his experience in the White House ever since he first sat in office. Obama's hair has gotten grayer since he was elected. It is in their face and eyes that they have been stressed out and stretched out.

The aging thing is pretty much true of all presidents. 2 terms in the white house ages them like 20 years.

Then again, it is befitting that an idealist needs to have their ideals crushed by reality. It is always easy to create reckless ideas about how the country really functions. I like the fact that if "The Average Joe" sat in the White House for a day as the POTUS he would have a mental breakdown in one day due to being ill-prepared for the responsibility of 300 million people.
Debate.org Moderator
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 6:34:53 AM
At 12/27/2013 11:50:10 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
The aging thing is pretty much true of all presidents. 2 terms in the white house ages them like 20 years.

Agreed, presidents do age quicker.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 10:28:45 AM
At 12/27/2013 10:55:35 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:

Anyone else notice this

Honestly, I do not think the average joe as you put it could make it through the first "real" presidential briefing filling him him in on everything he "needs to know". I can only imagine the thing going through the mind of most of not all presidents is the sudden realization they were in way over the head, the proverbial "WTF did I just sign up for" followed by a quick run to the bathroom to throw up out of fear and doubt. Realizing they got to see what is behind the curtain of secrecy. (its secret for good reason). In time they adapt, regroup and do the best job they can. In all honesty, I don't think I could handle it. Some ignorance regarding what is really going on is bliss.
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 3:27:59 AM

Anyone else notice this

I found it quite interesting that, here in the UK, Michelle's look of disdain after Obama took a selfie at Mandela's funeral was on the front of pretty much every paper. They seem to be bigging it up here too.
I'm back (ish).
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2013 11:58:45 AM
At 12/29/2013 3:27:59 AM, orangemayhem wrote:

Anyone else notice this

I found it quite interesting that, here in the UK, Michelle's look of disdain after Obama took a selfie at Mandela's funeral was on the front of pretty much every paper. They seem to be bigging it up here too.

Yeah, she did not look happy at all in that pic...

Our media does not put the dear leader in bad light.
AngstChrist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 7:00:43 AM
She's as about important to the national conversation as Kim Kardashian.

Anyone else notice this
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 10:00:59 AM
At 12/30/2013 7:00:43 AM, AngstChrist wrote:

Anyone else notice this

National conversation humm? What conversation is that? The conversation coming out some talking. The unending 24/7 alphabet soup media 10th grade conversations that everyone parrots in an annoying, uninformed an uneducated agenda driven diatribe. Is that the national conversation you feel this post was supposed to convey.

I am not trying to insult or belittle your opinion between Michelle Obama and Kim Kardasian. My intention was purely an observation regarding how the stress of the job appears to taking it's toll on the first family and I wondered if anyone else noticed. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. Thanks for your input, I guess.
AngstChrist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 11:52:12 AM
Shes not an elected official, I think the media focus on her is full on retard, considering that fact. She does nothing other than scowl at those who oppose her husband and now with the selfies, she scowls at him for being a jackwagon.

I can't stand her anymore than I do her dope husband. To me, she's less important than a wet Kardashian fart.

At 12/30/2013 10:00:59 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 12/30/2013 7:00:43 AM, AngstChrist wrote:

Anyone else notice this

National conversation humm? What conversation is that? The conversation coming out some talking. The unending 24/7 alphabet soup media 10th grade conversations that everyone parrots in an annoying, uninformed an uneducated agenda driven diatribe. Is that the national conversation you feel this post was supposed to convey.

I am not trying to insult or belittle your opinion between Michelle Obama and Kim Kardasian. My intention was purely an observation regarding how the stress of the job appears to taking it's toll on the first family and I wondered if anyone else noticed. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. Thanks for your input, I guess.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 12:16:33 PM
Of course Michelle Obama is unhappy these days. She is 100% in the President's camp, and his presidency has turned into horsepucky. Being on a sinking ship is not fun, even if you like the captain. I don't know if this is causing a rift in their personal relationship, and I don't care enough to speculate.

Obama is the least qualified president since 1900: no administrative experience, no military experience, no business experience, and no training in any of the key skills. He is a master politician with an ideological faith. That got him into the job, but it provides no basis for governing.

Recent presidents have gotten into the office at about age when age starts to show, so they'd look older whether or not they were elected. Reagan showed the effect less, because he was already old.