Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

What political party fits me the best

Salvador
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 12:45:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Pro choice
Pro gay marriage
Pro strong military
Increase taxes on the wealthy
More regulations on social support (WIC, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc.)
More regulations on corporations
Anti-lobbyist
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 12:51:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/31/2013 12:45:30 AM, Salvador wrote:
Pro choice

Democrat

Pro gay marriage

Democrat

Pro strong military

Either, depends on whether you want a large one sent nowhere, or a small one sent everywhere.

Increase taxes on the wealthy

Democrat

More regulations on social support (WIC, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc.)

Republican

More regulations on corporations

Democrat

Anti-lobbyist

No party represents this interest.

Looks like you have values most in line with the US Democrat party. It all depends on which issues are most important to you though.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Posts: 36,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 12:55:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/31/2013 12:45:30 AM, Salvador wrote:
Pro choice
Pro gay marriage

Cheers.

Pro strong military
Increase taxes on the wealthy
More regulations on social support (WIC, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc.)
More regulations on corporations
Anti-lobbyist

Socially inclined Democrat, but a Democrat nevertheless.
Tsar of DDO
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 9:45:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The good thing about the UK is that we don't argue whether corporations need regulation or not! We just use common sense instead! :)
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 10:09:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/31/2013 12:45:30 AM, Salvador wrote:
Pro choice

Democrat

Pro gay marriage

Democrat

Pro strong military

Republican

Increase taxes on the wealthy

Economic illiteracy party

More regulations on social support (WIC, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc.)

Democrat

More regulations on corporations

Democrat

Anti-lobbyist

None
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 5:04:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/31/2013 9:45:09 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
The good thing about the UK is that we don't argue whether corporations need regulation or not! We just use common sense instead! :)

One could argue that excessive regulations end jobs and cost consumers more money than its benefits are worth. And that too many regulations infringes on a company's rights. Which is something the US tends to look out for. Economist have determined 4 major parts of an economy, and each one needs the right amount of freedom and power for the economy to succeed. Consumer, Company, Government, and Global (relatively new.)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 1:04:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/31/2013 5:04:52 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 12/31/2013 9:45:09 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
The good thing about the UK is that we don't argue whether corporations need regulation or not! We just use common sense instead! :)

One could argue that excessive regulations

Excessive anything is bad. This insight is akin to saying "almost 50% of people are stupider than the average person".
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 1:09:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Could someone tell me which political party fits me best please?

Pro-Marriage equality
Pro-choice
Pro-welfare
Pro-smoking ban
Pro-water boarding
Pro-racial profiling
Anti-gun rights
Anti-death penalty
Subutai
Posts: 3,187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 9:49:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Stop trying to attach yourself to one party. To be a true political free thinker, one must not be confined to the bounds of any one party. Everyone's political opinions are different, and it is for this very reason that the Republican party is tearing itself apart right now.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 9:55:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.isidewith.com...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:25:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 1:09:18 PM, KingDebater wrote:
Could someone tell me which political party fits me best please?

Pro-Marriage equality
Pro-choice
Pro-welfare
Pro-smoking ban
Pro-water boarding
Pro-racial profiling
Anti-gun rights
Anti-death penalty

Anti-gun rights? We need to talk.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:31:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 1:09:18 PM, KingDebater wrote:
Could someone tell me which political party fits me best please?

Pro-Marriage equality
Pro-choice
Pro-welfare
Pro-smoking ban
Pro-water boarding
Pro-racial profiling
Anti-gun rights
Anti-death penalty

The half arsehole/half less arsehole Party. Do we have one of those in the States?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2014 11:32:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've never felt I fit in with the (joke) two parties in the US (pro gay rights and anti gun control [outside of licenses and background checks], for example), but then, I've never felt that I needed to. So no party really represents my interests. We all know we need to shatter this two party system.
KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 9:15:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 11:25:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/1/2014 1:09:18 PM, KingDebater wrote:
Could someone tell me which political party fits me best please?

Pro-Marriage equality
Pro-choice
Pro-welfare
Pro-smoking ban
Pro-water boarding
Pro-racial profiling
Anti-gun rights
Anti-death penalty

Anti-gun rights? We need to talk.
You live in the united states whilst I live in England. It's a different situation.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 10:24:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 9:15:12 AM, KingDebater wrote:
At 1/1/2014 11:25:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/1/2014 1:09:18 PM, KingDebater wrote:
Could someone tell me which political party fits me best please?

Pro-Marriage equality
Pro-choice
Pro-welfare
Pro-smoking ban
Pro-water boarding
Pro-racial profiling
Anti-gun rights
Anti-death penalty

Anti-gun rights? We need to talk.
You live in the united states whilst I live in England. It's a different situation.

Not really. The English have a vibrant history of gun rights as well. We stole it from you guys.

http://www.amazon.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
miketheman1200
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 10:40:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/31/2013 12:51:28 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/31/2013 12:45:30 AM, Salvador wrote:
Pro choice

Democrat

Pro gay marriage

Democrat

Pro strong military

Either, depends on whether you want a large one sent nowhere, or a small one sent everywhere.

Increase taxes on the wealthy

Democrat

More regulations on social support (WIC, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc.)

Republican

More regulations on corporations

Democrat

Anti-lobbyist

No party represents this interest.

Looks like you have values most in line with the US Democrat party. It all depends on which issues are most important to you though.

Libertarians generally dislike lobbying.
miketheman1200
Posts: 49
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 10:41:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/31/2013 10:09:53 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/31/2013 12:45:30 AM, Salvador wrote:
Pro choice

Democrat

Pro gay marriage

Democrat

Pro strong military

Republican

Increase taxes on the wealthy

Economic illiteracy party

More regulations on social support (WIC, Welfare, Food Stamps, etc.)

Democrat

More regulations on corporations

Democrat

Anti-lobbyist

None

Economic illiteracy party lmao.
KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 12:35:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 10:24:20 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/2/2014 9:15:12 AM, KingDebater wrote:
At 1/1/2014 11:25:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/1/2014 1:09:18 PM, KingDebater wrote:
Could someone tell me which political party fits me best please?

Pro-Marriage equality
Pro-choice
Pro-welfare
Pro-smoking ban
Pro-water boarding
Pro-racial profiling
Anti-gun rights
Anti-death penalty

Anti-gun rights? We need to talk.
You live in the united states whilst I live in England. It's a different situation.

Not really. The English have a vibrant history of gun rights as well. We stole it from you guys.

http://www.amazon.com...
Your constitution gives you the right to bear a firearm, and because of that, people in America have guns. In England, it's a lot harder to get guns and so there's less gun violence. But if you take away guns in America, the only people you'll be taking them away from are the law-abiding ones.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 12:50:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/2/2014 12:35:20 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 1/2/2014 10:24:20 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/2/2014 9:15:12 AM, KingDebater wrote:
At 1/1/2014 11:25:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/1/2014 1:09:18 PM, KingDebater wrote:
Could someone tell me which political party fits me best please?

Pro-Marriage equality
Pro-choice
Pro-welfare
Pro-smoking ban
Pro-water boarding
Pro-racial profiling
Anti-gun rights
Anti-death penalty

Anti-gun rights? We need to talk.
You live in the united states whilst I live in England. It's a different situation.

Not really. The English have a vibrant history of gun rights as well. We stole it from you guys.

http://www.amazon.com...
Your constitution gives you the right to bear a firearm, and because of that, people in America have guns. In England, it's a lot harder to get guns and so there's less gun violence. But if you take away guns in America, the only people you'll be taking them away from are the law-abiding ones.

Get the book I have linked. It will enlighten that view, which, to say the least, is not correct. In some metrics the British crime is actually higher than Americas, and Norway, which has the most gun ownership in Europe, has the lowest crime. Germany has had some of the largest school shootings, and Russia with strict gun control has the highest murder rate in the civilized world, yes, higher than the US. Estonia is about the same as the US and also has strict gun control laws. Most of the eastern bloc countries have higher murder rates. That merely shows culture defines the overall rate of crime. It is more accurate to look at trends over time.

You know the second amendment came from English gun culture, right? Before your laws in the 20th century, you guys had a very pro gun society similar to us. Only difference is that we have it engrained in old yellow paper. You guys have it in the Magna Carta, but ours is more overriding in our codes of law. Our laws historically are similar to you guys across the pond. Only difference is that France helped us ditch you guys and we became what we are today, over time.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2014 5:33:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/1/2014 9:49:32 PM, Subutai wrote:
Stop trying to attach yourself to one party. To be a true political free thinker, one must not be confined to the bounds of any one party. Everyone's political opinions are different, and it is for this very reason that the Republican party is tearing itself apart right now.

Sigged
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder