Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

USA control over Middle East oil and gas...

Daverik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 5:58:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
USA control over Middle East oil and gas means control over energy sector of EU countries. What about the impact of "Arab spring" for EU countries? I see things rather in brown mood. Far as I gather the grand idea of Americans whom we actually owe that spring was control over energy resources and their supply into EU countries. This is actually control over European Union in general.
In reality conflicts in Middle East always result in higher oil prices for rest of the world. This is clear as day I think. Sure thing nowadays Europeans may seek for some alternative energy sources, shale gas for instance. Shale gas extraction is wholly American domain presently 'course they have most sophisticated know-how and all that you know.
What I actually mean is that Americans benefit from that "Arab spring" in any case .... well .,,... unlike European Union!
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2013 4:48:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/31/2013 5:58:00 AM, Daverik wrote:
USA control over Middle East oil and gas means control over energy sector of EU countries. What about the impact of "Arab spring" for EU countries? I see things rather in brown mood. Far as I gather the grand idea of Americans whom we actually owe that spring was control over energy resources and their supply into EU countries. This is actually control over European Union in general.
In reality conflicts in Middle East always result in higher oil prices for rest of the world. This is clear as day I think. Sure thing nowadays Europeans may seek for some alternative energy sources, shale gas for instance. Shale gas extraction is wholly American domain presently 'course they have most sophisticated know-how and all that you know.
What I actually mean is that Americans benefit from that "Arab spring" in any case .... well .,,... unlike European Union!

What control? The US doesn't control any Middle Eastern oil... They don't tax or regulate it. They especially don't get any for free. They still have to buy it full price. The Middle East is in full control of their oil. Although it's fair to say the Middle East isn't pulling off another 1973, which is very good.

The idea that the US controls oil supply in the Middle East is mere populist foolishness. In fact, the US has very few men left in Iraq. Of the Middle East nations with Oil, the US is only in one, and the US is in many other Middle Eastern nations that do not have oil. One could say the US is protecting everyone from more Oil Embargoes like 1973, or from Middle East civil war and terrorism devastating the world's most important source of oil. Or maybe it's to protect the Oil from Chinese control. Maybe making sure Oil doesn't start selling in yuans. But it's foolish to assume the US is actually out controlling the oil supply.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --