5 Yrs in jail for synthetic marijuana

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 10:48:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://espn.go.com...

Kellen Winslow (a tight-end for the NY Jets) is facing up to 5 years in jail for possession of synthetic marijuana ("Fubinaca").

Do you agree that simple possession laws should be so harsh? Who are we helping with these kinds of laws, exactly?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 10:55:19 PM
At 1/9/2014 10:48:54 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Kellen Winslow (a tight-end for the NY Jets) is facing up to 5 years in jail for possession of synthetic marijuana ("Fubinaca").

Do you agree that simple possession laws should be so harsh? Who are we helping with these kinds of laws, exactly?

Up to doesn't mean that's what he'll get.
How many petty thieves are put in jail for 90 days, or one year for stealing a candy bar or an iPod, respectively.
My work here is, finally, done.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 11:42:34 PM
At 1/9/2014 10:55:19 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

How many petty thieves are put in jail for 90 days, or one year for stealing a candy bar or an iPod, respectively.

So when we see injustice, we can just point to other forms of injustice and excuse it...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 11:45:31 PM

There are a few rules that law enforcement just understands:

1. The harsher the punishment, the less likely there is to be crime. That's why murder rates in death penalty states are so much lower.
2. Blacks and latinos are more likely to be criminals. That's why they're incarcerated at such a higher rate.
3. Anyone who questions those basic rules is a coward pu$$y b!tch who deserves to be stopped and frisked because they obviously represent a threat to officer's safety.

See, logic... police style.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2014 11:47:23 PM
At 1/9/2014 11:42:34 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 1/9/2014 10:55:19 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

So when we see injustice, we can just point to other forms of injustice and excuse it...

Yes, because to change anything requires us to be humble enough to admit that we might have been wrong about something, and if we were wrong about one thing, then what else might we also have been wrong about?

How ominous.

But really, though... the way to fix idiotic laws is to vote for better politicians who will pass better -and by better, I mean less idiotic- laws.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 3:25:21 AM
At 1/9/2014 11:45:31 PM, YYW wrote:

1. The harsher the punishment, the less likely there is to be crime. That's why murder rates in death penalty states are so much lower.
2. Blacks and latinos are more likely to be criminals. That's why they're incarcerated at such a higher rate.
3. Anyone who questions those basic rules is a coward pu$$y b!tch who deserves to be stopped and frisked because they obviously represent a threat to officer's safety.

I really do have difficulty detecting yer sarcasm when it comes to things like this.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 6:57:31 AM
At 1/16/2014 3:25:21 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/9/2014 11:45:31 PM, YYW wrote:

There is overwhelming empirical evidence to prove that this is not the case.

Even if blacks and latinos are more likely to be caught, that doesn't mean that they're more likely to comity crimes. They are only incarcerated more because they lack the material resources, on balance, for adequate legal defense.

This is just bullish!t.

I really do have difficulty detecting yer sarcasm when it comes to things like this.

I'm being extremely sarcastic...
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 11:59:45 AM
At 1/16/2014 6:57:31 AM, YYW wrote:

Good to know we can agree on at least a few things.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 12:20:22 PM
At 1/16/2014 11:59:45 AM, Noumena wrote:

Of course. I suppose it takes a great deal of experience with me to be able to distinguish when I'm trolling or not. Perhaps that's why I'm such an effective troll, as good trolling does not appear to be trolling, but the representation of genuinely held beliefs.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 12:32:43 PM
At 1/16/2014 12:20:22 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/16/2014 11:59:45 AM, Noumena wrote:

Of course. I suppose it takes a great deal of experience with me to be able to distinguish when I'm trolling or not. Perhaps that's why I'm such an effective troll, as good trolling does not appear to be trolling, but the representation of genuinely held beliefs.

Lay off the heroin and it might become more apparent to others.