Jump to topic:

Atlantis Government Simulation

Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 6:01:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A few of my younger nerdy acquaintances decided to start a simulation based on the U.S. government:

http://atlantisgovernment.prophpbb.com...

If you were interested in USoDDO, you would probably be interested in this. This simulation has a dedicated forum and a back story. The forum is plagued with inactivity, but we are trying to develops an economic system and a system of feedbacks.

These people are very newby at running a government simulation. I'm hoping the people of DDO could help them. These are respectful young people, and a word from anyone here experienced with political theory would be gladly accepted. Since this is still in the conceptual stage, there will be a lot of freedom for you to tweak it and influence its future.

Be warned that there is a slight left-bias on this forum.

We are currently in the process of drafting a Constitution: http://atlantisgovernment.prophpbb.com...
0x5f3759df
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 7:59:50 PM
At 1/21/2014 6:01:34 PM, Bullish wrote:
A few of my younger nerdy acquaintances decided to start a simulation based on the U.S. government:

http://atlantisgovernment.prophpbb.com...

If you were interested in USoDDO, you would probably be interested in this. This simulation has a dedicated forum and a back story. The forum is plagued with inactivity, but we are trying to develops an economic system and a system of feedbacks.

These people are very newby at running a government simulation. I'm hoping the people of DDO could help them. These are respectful young people, and a word from anyone here experienced with political theory would be gladly accepted. Since this is still in the conceptual stage, there will be a lot of freedom for you to tweak it and influence its future.

Be warned that there is a slight left-bias on this forum.

We are currently in the process of drafting a Constitution: http://atlantisgovernment.prophpbb.com...

I'm going to go overthrow it and set up an empire now.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 8:55:12 PM
At 1/21/2014 7:59:50 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I'm going to go overthrow it and set up an empire now.

There are no armed forces yet, lol.
0x5f3759df
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 6:29:48 AM
Who wants to start a libertarian party with me?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2014 2:00:52 PM
At 1/22/2014 6:29:48 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

I will abandon my mono-party to form a 3 person party with you two, even though I'm not technically libertarian. A 3 person party will like survive after the constitution has been passed.
0x5f3759df
Grandbudda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 1:44:31 PM
At 1/22/2014 2:00:52 PM, Bullish wrote:

I will abandon my mono-party to form a 3 person party with you two, even though I'm not technically libertarian. A 3 person party will like survive after the constitution has been passed.

I would like to start a Libertarian Party with you!
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 2:42:49 PM
At 1/23/2014 1:44:31 PM, Grandbudda wrote:
At 1/22/2014 2:00:52 PM, Bullish wrote:

I would like to start a Libertarian Party with you!

Are your the ruler of solid H2O?
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 9:54:25 PM
Important News:

1a. The site admin accidentally deleted the Atlantean Civil Code thread.

1b. Fortunately, iOS's Safari's page save feature saved us and I was able to recover all the raw text.

1c. I will make a clone thread some time tomorrow.

2. Classic's Libertarian party is formed.
0x5f3759df
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 10:20:57 AM
@bullish:

When are we going to tell them what DDO stands for?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!