Jump to topic:

The Truth About MLK jr.

Snathan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 9:07:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
He was human, but he did and advocated for some pretty awful things such as calls for violent protest, plagiarism, numerous orgies while married, and even funny things like economic illiteracy.
HPWKA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 10:07:44 PM
Violent protests aren't "an awful thing", when they are a response to a violent institution (institutionalized racial domination).
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 5:48:33 PM
At 1/21/2014 9:07:58 PM, Snathan wrote:
He was human, but he did and advocated for some pretty awful things such as calls for violent protest, plagiarism, numerous orgies while married, and even funny things like economic illiteracy.

Are you sure they aren't talking about Malcom X, but using the name MLK Jr? Seriously, MLK was like Ghandi.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 5:58:55 PM
At 1/23/2014 5:48:33 PM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:

Are you sure they aren't talking about Malcom X, but using the name MLK Jr? Seriously, MLK was like Ghandi.

Like Gandhi, MLK Jr. had his problems. I think the worse thing he did was beat prostitutes. I remember reading about how FBI Director Hoover held this over his head.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 7:45:53 PM
Who remembers the civil trial where a jury unanimously held that government agencies had a hand in the conspiracy to assassinate this guy?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 10:15:58 PM
And apparently, it turns out that no body really gives a crap.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 11:02:23 PM
At 1/21/2014 9:07:58 PM, Snathan wrote:

Hold up here. You got some stuff a little mixed up.

He was human, but he did and advocated for some pretty awful things such as calls for violent protest

He never ever called for violent protest. Ever.

, plagiarism, numerous orgies while married, and even funny things like economic illiteracy.

He never advocated these things. He was an imperfect human, and he did do some of these, but he never advocated them.

Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2014 11:32:57 PM
At 1/23/2014 7:45:53 PM, Noumena wrote:
Who remembers the civil trial where a jury unanimously held that government agencies had a hand in the conspiracy to assassinate this guy?
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 12:46:13 AM

I actually just heard about this the other day.
I thought it was some lie people were spreading on Facebook, like today being the day Marty McFly went to the future.

Anyway, wasn't the trial about the government's failing in protecting him, not necessarily having a had in the conspiracy?
My work here is, finally, done.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2014 1:47:29 PM
At 1/24/2014 12:46:13 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I actually just heard about this the other day.
I thought it was some lie people were spreading on Facebook, like today being the day Marty McFly went to the future.

Anyway, wasn't the trial about the government's failing in protecting him, not necessarily having a had in the conspiracy?

Transcript of the case: http://www.thekingcenter.org...

"THE COURT: In answer to the question did Loyd Jowers participate in a conspiracy to do harm to Dr. Martin Luther King, your answer is yes. Do you also find that others, including governmental agencies, were parties to this conspiracy as alleged by the defendant? Your answer to that one is also yes. And the total amount of damages you find for the plaintiffs entitled to is one hundred dollars. Is that your verdict?

THE JURY: Yes (In unison)."
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 1:32:58 AM
MLK Jr. advocated non-violent civil disobedience!

He never encouraged his supporters to use violence to change discriminatory laws in the South. He always believed change could happen through peaceful community activism. Sometimes unjust laws were broken through non-violence, but they frequently had to be. For example, Rosa Parks ended discriminatory bus policies by refusing to give up her seat to a white man. She was arrested but was absolutely convinced she did the right thing by bringing attention to an unjust public transportation policy.