Jump to topic:

WINNING THE WAR ON DRUGS(nac)

theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 11:21:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I recently came up with the perfect way to win the war on drugs; using a deceptive attack. It goes like this:

1. All drugs are legalized(however it WILL be recommended against using them.
2. The people who are unintelligent enough to use those dangerous drugs are naturally selected out of the population.
3. Eventually only the people who don't use recreational drugs will be left due to natural selection.
4. The war on drugs ends.

What are your thoughts on this plan?
Any sufficiently complex phenomenon is indistinguishable from magic--Me

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 12:19:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the Ottomans did something similar. The government started freely distributing drugs and the people on drugs killed themselves off eventually.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 2:52:21 PM
At 1/29/2014 11:21:24 AM, theta_pinch wrote:
I recently came up with the perfect way to win the war on drugs; using a deceptive attack. It goes like this:

2. The people who are unintelligent enough to use those dangerous drugs are naturally selected out of the population.
3. Eventually only the people who don't use recreational drugs will be left due to natural selection.

In your plan the war on drugs ends at step 1.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 3:29:37 PM
At 1/29/2014 2:52:21 PM, Korashk wrote:

It's more like a Trojan horse tactic. We make them think we give up and then they kill themselves off with all of those dangerous drugs. They're going to be fighting against themselves.

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
Niel deGrasse Tyson
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 3:31:21 PM
At 1/29/2014 3:29:37 PM, theta_pinch wrote:

It's more like a Trojan horse tactic. We make them think we give up and then they kill themselves off with all of those dangerous drugs. They're going to be fighting against themselves.

Till bathsalts happen again ..
Thank you for voting!
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 3:37:49 PM
At 1/29/2014 3:31:21 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:

That probably won't happen if I'm right about the behavior of people who use drugs is actually genetic. Even if it does it should be to small of a group to make a difference.

Niel deGrasse Tyson
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 3:44:34 PM
At 1/29/2014 3:37:49 PM, theta_pinch wrote:
At 1/29/2014 3:31:21 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:

That probably won't happen if I'm right about the behavior of people who use drugs is actually genetic. Even if it does it should be to small of a group to make a difference.

.....and then someones face gets eaten again.
Thank you for voting!
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 5:10:08 PM
Why would you want to kill off drug users? I don't think anyone needs to prove that they 'deserve to exist', but people who use drugs have contributed plenty to society. Plus, what kind of dangerous drug user is deterred by drug laws lol. I'd be more worried about the drug user who becomes involved in crime due to having to associate with criminals and possibly being sent to prison and associating with criminals there.
theta_pinch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 7:20:16 PM
At 1/29/2014 5:10:08 PM, Wocambs wrote:
Why would you want to kill off drug users? I don't think anyone needs to prove that they 'deserve to exist', but people who use drugs have contributed plenty to society. Plus, what kind of dangerous drug user is deterred by drug laws lol. I'd be more worried about the drug user who becomes involved in crime due to having to associate with criminals and possibly being sent to prison and associating with criminals there.

Because they will be naturally selected out of the population so that those "stupid" dangerous drug users aren't around within a few generations. It will save a lot of lives.

Niel deGrasse Tyson
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 11:26:33 PM
At 1/29/2014 7:20:16 PM, theta_pinch wrote:

Because they will be naturally selected out of the population so that those "stupid" dangerous drug users aren't around within a few generations. It will save a lot of lives.

Yeah...no. Legalizing drugs would save a lot of lives, but not by killing off all the drug users. Most people who use drugs don't die because of them anyway.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 1:37:13 AM
At 1/29/2014 7:20:16 PM, theta_pinch wrote:

And what is to be done with the people too dumb to read the criticism they are trying to respond to?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 10:59:31 PM

This sounds more like a plan for ending the war on stupid people, ending the war on drugs would happen at step 1 since it would kind of count as a surrender
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 12:25:59 PM
Most drugs, especially the more dangerous ones, are already free distributed through pharmaceutical companies.

You sillies. Drugs aren't actually illegal, they're just highly regulated and aren't available for recreational use by those who can't afford it on the mainstream market.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 1:25:23 PM

A few problems.
1. Dangerous drugs are not dangerous enough to kill people before they have children.
2. The decision to try drugs does not have a strong enough genetic correlation, so people will continue to use dangerous drugs.
3. Lastly and probably the most important. Most people who are "unintelligent" enough to use dangerous drugs are intelligent enough to not want to use drugs that will instantaneously drop them dead like a sack of tatters so you can't introduce more lethal drugs that would select them out.

Better idea, don't fight and then there is no war.