Jump to topic:

Imigration

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 9:14:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would be for granting full amnesty for anyone "currently" in this country who entered "illegally" with only 3 conditions: 1) You will never be allowed to vote in any election ever, period. 2) You or your children can't apply for any kind of govt service or welfare for a period of 15 years after you have been granted permanent residency. 3) You will never be granted full citizenship, as that would be a slap in the face to those who played by the rules to enter this country.

These are the prices you pay for entering illegally. Take it or leave it.

I am not doing the 1980's all over again.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
HollyJolly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 2:16:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/30/2014 9:14:26 PM, sadolite wrote:
I would be for granting full amnesty for anyone "currently" in this country who entered "illegally" with only 3 conditions: 1) You will never be allowed to vote in any election ever, period. 2) You or your children can't apply for any kind of govt service or welfare for a period of 15 years after you have been granted permanent residency. 3) You will never be granted full citizenship, as that would be a slap in the face to those who played by the rules to enter this country.

These are the prices you pay for entering illegally. Take it or leave it.

I am not doing the 1980's all over again.

It seems to me that even that would be a slap in the face to people who came into the country legally. However I also see how deportation would be next to impossible considering how many people are in our country illegally.

One possible solution could be to give any illegal immigrants a choice: 1) Return to your home country or 2) Go through the process to become a citizen (or at least go through the process to achieve green card status)

Another thing to consider is that our process to become a citizen is far too complicated. Simplifying it some and tightening our boarders would help with the problem of illegal immigration.

These are just some ideas. I admit I haven't done much research but I'm interested in seeing what other people think.
Holly Jolly