Jump to topic:

Imigration

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 9:14:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would be for granting full amnesty for anyone "currently" in this country who entered "illegally" with only 3 conditions: 1) You will never be allowed to vote in any election ever, period. 2) You or your children can't apply for any kind of govt service or welfare for a period of 15 years after you have been granted permanent residency. 3) You will never be granted full citizenship, as that would be a slap in the face to those who played by the rules to enter this country.

These are the prices you pay for entering illegally. Take it or leave it.

I am not doing the 1980's all over again.
HollyJolly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2014 2:16:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/30/2014 9:14:26 PM, sadolite wrote:
I would be for granting full amnesty for anyone "currently" in this country who entered "illegally" with only 3 conditions: 1) You will never be allowed to vote in any election ever, period. 2) You or your children can't apply for any kind of govt service or welfare for a period of 15 years after you have been granted permanent residency. 3) You will never be granted full citizenship, as that would be a slap in the face to those who played by the rules to enter this country.

These are the prices you pay for entering illegally. Take it or leave it.

I am not doing the 1980's all over again.

It seems to me that even that would be a slap in the face to people who came into the country legally. However I also see how deportation would be next to impossible considering how many people are in our country illegally.

One possible solution could be to give any illegal immigrants a choice: 1) Return to your home country or 2) Go through the process to become a citizen (or at least go through the process to achieve green card status)

Another thing to consider is that our process to become a citizen is far too complicated. Simplifying it some and tightening our boarders would help with the problem of illegal immigration.

These are just some ideas. I admit I haven't done much research but I'm interested in seeing what other people think.
Holly Jolly