Jump to topic:

Australia Comic Shoos Away Refugees

MrVan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2014 10:10:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Australian government made and released a comic aimed at asylum seekers from Australia, warning them that they'll be caught and treated like total crap.

http://www.customs.gov.au...
rross
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 6:05:12 AM
At 2/11/2014 10:10:48 PM, MrVan wrote:
The Australian government made and released a comic aimed at asylum seekers from Australia, warning them that they'll be caught and treated like total crap.

http://www.customs.gov.au...

Could we please just pretend that never happened?
rockwater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:47:47 AM
Even if all the boat people got visas to stay in Australia the second they were picked up by the coast guard/navy and the floodgates were opened, Australia would not face a flood of immigrants anywhere near what the US experiences even now that immigration has been reduced by the recession. What worries Australians is not that the
Economy cannot easily accommodate - and perhaps even needs - many more immigrants. What worries them is that the population of Australia is only 20 some million so a little immigration goes a long way. The issue isn't the effect of the immigrants on Australia though. It is the abyss of migrants by human traffickers and the drowning of migrants crowded into shabby boats. So although I would be in favor of A very small l liberal asylum policy if I were an Aussie voter (I'm married to an Aussie), I understand that people's lives can be lost if you carelessly don't address the cruel and dangerous way people are trying to get in.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 5:18:02 AM
Look you can't just let a bunch of strangers into your land that arrive by boat.

One day a boat arrived in Australia in 1788........
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12