Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

King Obama's new proclimation

sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 6:30:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You spelled proclamation wrong.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?
My work here is, finally, done.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:49:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

http://www.foxnews.com...

http://pjmedia.com...

Don't hold your breath waiting for ABC, NBC, CBS, MSMBC or CNN to report this. They will bury it for as long as they can. They will be forced to report it in the next mid term elections because it will be a major talking point. But you can dismiss it if you want.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:54:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:49:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

http://www.foxnews.com...

http://pjmedia.com...

Don't hold your breath waiting for ABC, NBC, CBS, MSMBC or CNN to report this. They will bury it for as long as they can. They will be forced to report it in the next mid term elections because it will be a major talking point. But you can dismiss it if you want.

Don't see an issue with it.
The first two sources said it was to be eligible for the delay that was announced. In other words, they cannot not comply with the law AND fire people to avoid the law next year.
The third states that there are different rules for the "middle-sized" employers, and that companies cannot just fire people to go into them. It sounds like they are substantiating their claim for treatment, which is nothing new.
My work here is, finally, done.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:54:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 6:30:19 PM, Noumena wrote:
You spelled proclamation wrong.

You are not interested in dialog and never have been. You are just a troll with nothing to add of substance only seeking what ever attention you can get. This will the be the last response I ever make to you. You are not worth the rent you would pay in my mind.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 8:56:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:54:38 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:49:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

http://www.foxnews.com...

http://pjmedia.com...

Don't hold your breath waiting for ABC, NBC, CBS, MSMBC or CNN to report this. They will bury it for as long as they can. They will be forced to report it in the next mid term elections because it will be a major talking point. But you can dismiss it if you want.

Don't see an issue with it.
The first two sources said it was to be eligible for the delay that was announced. In other words, they cannot not comply with the law AND fire people to avoid the law next year.
The third states that there are different rules for the "middle-sized" employers, and that companies cannot just fire people to go into them. It sounds like they are substantiating their claim for treatment, which is nothing new.

You do understand that the ACA is a tax Right? And you do understand that the president can't change tax policy without congressional approval right?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:00:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:56:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:54:38 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:49:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

http://www.foxnews.com...

http://pjmedia.com...

Don't hold your breath waiting for ABC, NBC, CBS, MSMBC or CNN to report this. They will bury it for as long as they can. They will be forced to report it in the next mid term elections because it will be a major talking point. But you can dismiss it if you want.

Don't see an issue with it.
The first two sources said it was to be eligible for the delay that was announced. In other words, they cannot not comply with the law AND fire people to avoid the law next year.
The third states that there are different rules for the "middle-sized" employers, and that companies cannot just fire people to go into them. It sounds like they are substantiating their claim for treatment, which is nothing new.

You do understand that the ACA is a tax Right? And you do understand that the president can't change tax policy without congressional approval right?

You do understand that the executive executes the law, right?
I don't see why he can't delay the implementation of it.
Also, how is substantiation a new concept within the IRS?
I have to claim, under threat of purjury, that my car was used for business purposes to claim a deduction. Why do they not have to, just to ensure that they can avoid a tax?
Laying off 50 workers only to replace them with temps is solely to avoid the tax.

And, I am not sure is the regulation for requiring businesses to offer insurance or be fined is considered a tax or not. I know the individual mandate is.
My work here is, finally, done.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:09:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"You do understand that the ACA is a tax Right? And you do understand that the president can't change tax policy without congressional approval right?"

Let me rephrase that, You do understand that the ACA was deemed a TAX by the Supreme Court. Companies have an option, the can pay a tax and not provide health insurance or they can provide health insurance and not pay the tax. There is not a company in business that does not figure tax burden into it's business planning. What Obama is doing is saying they can't decide what will be cheaper for them, They must by his unilateral decree be limited only to providing health insurance, and that they can not say that the ACA was the cause of any decision to lay people off to avoid paying higher taxes even if it was.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:17:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:49:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

http://www.foxnews.com...

http://pjmedia.com...

Because those TOTALLY arent very biased media outlets that only a hack would believe have aven a shred of credibility.

Do you have any sources that are ACTUALLY legitimate by any chance?

Don't hold your breath waiting for ABC, NBC, CBS, MSMBC or CNN to report this. They will bury it for as long as they can.

Well then I guess there isnt any hope for this thread going anywhere..... ill just file this whole thread under the 'crazy old people rantings' profile.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:26:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 9:17:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:49:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

http://www.foxnews.com...

http://pjmedia.com...

Because those TOTALLY arent very biased media outlets that only a hack would believe have aven a shred of credibility.

Do you have any sources that are ACTUALLY legitimate by any chance?

Don't hold your breath waiting for ABC, NBC, CBS, MSMBC or CNN to report this. They will bury it for as long as they can.

Well then I guess there isnt any hope for this thread going anywhere..... ill just file this whole thread under the 'crazy old people rantings' profile.

I will never respond to your posts per moderator agreement
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 9:45:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 8:54:41 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 6:30:19 PM, Noumena wrote:
You spelled proclamation wrong.


You are not interested in dialog and never have been. You are just a troll with nothing to add of substance only seeking what ever attention you can get. This will the be the last response I ever make to you. You are not worth the rent you would pay in my mind.

You are not worth the rent you would pay in my mind.

Is that like an old saying I'm too young to understand?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 10:21:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 9:09:02 PM, sadolite wrote:
"You do understand that the ACA is a tax Right? And you do understand that the president can't change tax policy without congressional approval right?"

Let me rephrase that, You do understand that the ACA was deemed a TAX by the Supreme Court. Companies have an option, the can pay a tax and not provide health insurance or they can provide health insurance and not pay the tax. There is not a company in business that does not figure tax burden into it's business planning. What Obama is doing is saying they can't decide what will be cheaper for them, They must by his unilateral decree be limited only to providing health insurance, and that they can not say that the ACA was the cause of any decision to lay people off to avoid paying higher taxes even if it was.

Let me rephrase:
You do understand that, according to your sources, the tax is due, and the only way they can avoid the tax this year is if they promise not to make changes to their company solely for tax purposes.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 10:24:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 9:17:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:49:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

http://www.foxnews.com...

http://pjmedia.com...

Because those TOTALLY arent very biased media outlets that only a hack would believe have aven a shred of credibility.

I disagree, bench.
If in these biased sources you can find the truth, which you can, then you found the nugget of truth for the outlandish claims made by pundits.

The first two sources say the tax is due, but if they want to not pay it this year, they cannot fire people solely for tax purposes.
Similar to the first time home buyer credit: you can have this free money, but you have to follow these rules (first home, live there for three years).

Do you have any sources that are ACTUALLY legitimate by any chance?

Don't hold your breath waiting for ABC, NBC, CBS, MSMBC or CNN to report this. They will bury it for as long as they can.

Well then I guess there isnt any hope for this thread going anywhere..... ill just file this whole thread under the 'crazy old people rantings' profile.
My work here is, finally, done.
Pitbull15
Posts: 479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 10:30:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

That's the administration of the Messiah Obama for you... Why he got elected for a second term, I'll never figure out. Imagine how bad we must look to the countries whose people are desperate for a free nation.
zmikecuber and I debate the Modal Ontological Argument
http://www.debate.org...

"YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON!!! LOL!!!- invisibledeity

"I have shown incredible restraint in the face of unrelenting stupidity."-Izbo10

"Oh my God, WHO THE HELL CARES?!"-Peter Griffin

"Let me put this in Spanish for you: NO!!"-Jase Robertson
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2014 11:46:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Maybe this will pass as a reliable source not so about the OP but about the path of the President
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 12:43:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://video.foxnews.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 1:55:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 9:00:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:56:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:54:38 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:49:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

http://www.foxnews.com...

http://pjmedia.com...

Don't hold your breath waiting for ABC, NBC, CBS, MSMBC or CNN to report this. They will bury it for as long as they can. They will be forced to report it in the next mid term elections because it will be a major talking point. But you can dismiss it if you want.

Don't see an issue with it.
The first two sources said it was to be eligible for the delay that was announced. In other words, they cannot not comply with the law AND fire people to avoid the law next year.
The third states that there are different rules for the "middle-sized" employers, and that companies cannot just fire people to go into them. It sounds like they are substantiating their claim for treatment, which is nothing new.

You do understand that the ACA is a tax Right? And you do understand that the president can't change tax policy without congressional approval right?

You do understand that the executive executes the law, right?
I don't see why he can't delay the implementation of it.
The law is already in place. The text of the law, passed by Congress, states that the employer mandate is to take effect in 2014. The truth is that the president is delegated very few powers by the constitution, and amending policy from from his desk isn't one of them.
Also, how is substantiation a new concept within the IRS?
I have to claim, under threat of purjury, that my car was used for business purposes to claim a deduction. Why do they not have to, just to ensure that they can avoid a tax?
Laying off 50 workers only to replace them with temps is solely to avoid the tax.

The problem is that it amounts to thought crime. To make an employer swear to the IRS that the intentions of any layoffs have nothing to do with Obamacare is a CYA tactic for Obama, that way he can make claims that nobody has lost their jobs because of his dumb law (at least directly).
And, I am not sure is the regulation for requiring businesses to offer insurance or be fined is considered a tax or not. I know the individual mandate is.

Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 2:52:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/13/2014 1:55:51 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
At 2/12/2014 9:00:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:56:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:54:38 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 8:49:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/12/2014 7:25:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/12/2014 5:17:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Obama has unilaterally by passed Congress and "decreed" that any business in the United States that employees more than 100 people can not lay off or let go any employee to avoid the employer mandate of the ACA All businesses must swear under oath under penalty of perjury to the IRS that they are not letting people go to avoid the mandate and the additional taxes associated with it implemented by ACA So basically no business can say that they are laying people off because of the ACA And further more you must keep those people employed even if it means going out of business because the business can't afford to pay their healthcare insurance. So either go out of business or risk going to jail under penalty of perjury. We are officially a dictatorship.
The ACA is a "TAX" The President has no authority to change tax policy. That is if the rule of law meant anything and wasn't just arbitrary. He is setting dangerous precedent here. People left of center must understand this will be used against them in the future. No matter what your political philosophy (That is, those who are "for rule of law" and a "Republic form of govt") this is bad for everyone and must stop and he must be called out.

Source?

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

http://www.foxnews.com...

http://pjmedia.com...

Don't hold your breath waiting for ABC, NBC, CBS, MSMBC or CNN to report this. They will bury it for as long as they can. They will be forced to report it in the next mid term elections because it will be a major talking point. But you can dismiss it if you want.

Don't see an issue with it.
The first two sources said it was to be eligible for the delay that was announced. In other words, they cannot not comply with the law AND fire people to avoid the law next year.
The third states that there are different rules for the "middle-sized" employers, and that companies cannot just fire people to go into them. It sounds like they are substantiating their claim for treatment, which is nothing new.

You do understand that the ACA is a tax Right? And you do understand that the president can't change tax policy without congressional approval right?

You do understand that the executive executes the law, right?
I don't see why he can't delay the implementation of it.
The law is already in place. The text of the law, passed by Congress, states that the employer mandate is to take effect in 2014. The truth is that the president is delegated very few powers by the constitution, and amending policy from from his desk isn't one of them.
Also, how is substantiation a new concept within the IRS?
I have to claim, under threat of purjury, that my car was used for business purposes to claim a deduction. Why do they not have to, just to ensure that they can avoid a tax?
Laying off 50 workers only to replace them with temps is solely to avoid the tax.

The problem is that it amounts to thought crime. To make an employer swear to the IRS that the intentions of any layoffs have nothing to do with Obamacare is a CYA tactic for Obama, that way he can make claims that nobody has lost their jobs because of his dumb law (at least directly).
And, I am not sure is the regulation for requiring businesses to offer insurance or be fined is considered a tax or not. I know the individual mandate is.

If there is an issue, it is only in the unilateral delaying of paying the tax.
The secondary issue is fluff, since it is not uncommon for a tax to be waived (e.g. ANY business deduction) with the express purpose of promising a course of action (e.g. using a car only for business or paying back the bonus depreciation).

In this case, the course of action is that you can not pay the tax this year you otherwise would have owed; however, you cannot use this year as a bonus year to then lay off others.
How is this different than saying: you can not pay taxes on assets acquired this year (bonus depreciation), but you have to keep the assets in use for the term designated my MACROS, otherwise you will owe them.
You can get a $3,000 earned income tax credit as long as you say you supplied 50% of the support of the child (no sugar daddies).
My work here is, finally, done.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 4:34:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"You do understand that the executive executes the law, right?"

Ya, that is the whole point. His lack of executing the law and changing it without the authority to do so. The ACA is not an entitlement program. It is a TAX. Any changes to tax law or any new taxes must start in the House of Representatives. Congress voted on a specific bill. No where in that bill does it give Obama the authority to make unilateral changes to it. It is not in there because Congress can't give the President that authority. Any changes to existing tax law (The ACA, signed into law 5 years ago) ) must start in the House of Representatives. The President must execute the entire law as written, he can not pick and choose what parts will be implemented. That's like saying the President can pick and choose who will pay higher taxes and who won't and for how long, unilaterally.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 6:46:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/12/2014 9:26:28 PM, sadolite wrote:

I will never respond to your posts per moderator agreement

Oh i didnt recognize that you were the one who made this, Could have sworn it was Geo for some reason.

Anyways I apologize, ill be on my way then
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BigDave80
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 9:46:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Shouldn't business be allowed to do all they can to avoid taxes?

This seems like an invitation for corruption.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2014 10:16:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/13/2014 9:46:18 PM, BigDave80 wrote:
Shouldn't business be allowed to do all they can to avoid taxes?
1. They currently owe tax.
2. They are allowed to not pay the tax this year, on the condition they do not alter their workforce solely for reducing tax liability next year.

They are under no obligation to be exempted from Obamacare. They can pay the tax, and fire for that sole reason.

I fail to see the issue here, outside of unilateral enforcement, which may or may not be allowed in the bill or any subsequent amendments. I haven't read that monstrosity, so I don't know if the president has leeway on enforcement like this.

This seems like an invitation for corruption.
My work here is, finally, done.