bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 5:16:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
ATTENTION
To all candidates involved in the 2020 US Mock Presidential Election:

On this forum our introductions and campaign promises will be posted.
We will post in the following order:
1. Noumena
2. Bubbatheclown
3. progressivedem22
4. Jifpop09
5. PeriodicPatriot
6. Buckethead31594
7. Wylted

Here is the format that is to be used:
1. Name (of candidate, not DDO Username; candidate can be real or fictional)
2. Background (candidate's previous political experience, history of scandals [optional], information about candidate, must include party he or she is running for)
3. Campaign Promises (Example: If I am elected I promise to abolish the death penalty.)
4. Mudslinging opponents (optional)

If it is your turn, you have 24 hours to post your presentation. It can be two posts long, maximum, one post long, minimum. You may create as many campaign promises as your post(s) will allow. If it's your turn and you do not post in 24 hours, your turn will be skipped and you will be disqualified.
However, if you are busy, you can request to go last.
ALSO, it is of utmost importance that you include your party. If you don't, you'll automatically be "third party." Profanities and inappropriate language can and will be omitted and/or edited.

When all seven of our turns have ended, and everyone's either posted or forfeited, Round 1 will end, and I will create the Elimination Poll.

From the time that I post this first post, Noumena has 24 hours to post his presentation or he will forfeit. If he is busy, he may choose to go last.
Let the (political) games begin!
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 5:33:03 PM
At 2/15/2014 5:29:12 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Exciting! The progressive revival party shall prevail.

Please make sure Jifpop09 knows that this thread is where Round 1 is being held. Meanwhile, I hope Noumena is aware that it's his turn first. He has until 5:15 PM on Sunday to post his presentation or it will be my turn, unless he informs us that he wishes to go last.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 5:38:37 PM
At 2/15/2014 5:34:20 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I wouldn't mind going earlier actually.

If progressivedem22 consents, you can take his place in line. If not, then you can wait, If everyone ahead of you were to forfeit by not posting in 24 hours time, you'd be able to post by Tuesday at 5:15 PM. Of course, I have no intention of forfeiting, and neither does progressivedem22.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 5:55:40 PM
At 2/15/2014 5:29:12 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Exciting! The progressive revival party shall prevail.

Sorry, I meant let progressivedem22 about this thread.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:06:07 PM
At 2/15/2014 6:01:55 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
My introduction is already done, so I could post it whenever, haha.

I second that we should be able to post whenever we want.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:22:02 PM
At 2/15/2014 6:01:55 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
My introduction is already done, so I could post it whenever, haha.

Does it follow the basic requirements of the format provided? Does your character have a name, a background, and campaign promises? If so, then you may post now.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:26:25 PM
At 2/15/2014 6:22:28 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
third.

Alright then. If progressivedem22 posts his presentation before Noumena, then I'll be second and you'll be third.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:34:21 PM
My name is Rafael Gore, and I am seeking the Democratic nomination. I"m the long-lost cousin of former Vice President Al Gore and the third-cousin-once removed of Senator Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz. Yes, holiday gatherings are quite awkward, especially when we consider that my husband is Sarah Palin"s fourth-cousin-twice removed, and for goodness" sake, it seems that she thinks we"re the spawn of Satan and a unicorn, or something. It"s difficult to be a spawn of Satan, however, when I don"t believe in the gobbledygook of religion, or in her bloody magic book.

There is this spurious notion promulgated throughout this campaign that I"m "not a natural born citizen." This, however, isn"t true! My mother was born in Kansas, whilst my father was born in Madrid, Spain"yes, I come from a biracial family!"so even though I was born in Mexico, there isn"t an issue, so don"t even bring it up Tea Publicans!

Let me now tell you about myself. I live in Manhattan, New York, and am a professor at Columbia University who teaches economics 650 (How to Out-Debate Any Conservative, Even When They Call You a Marxist), economics 720 (Climate Change is Real, Mother*******) and economics 345 (The Economics of Gender Inequality and Why Planned Parenthood is Super Special Awesome). Suffice it to say, I am considered a centrist! I received my A.B. from Harvard University, my J.D. from Yale, and my Ph. D. from M.I.T., all while I was still in diapers"no, I"m not wearing one now.

My interests include hanging out at Starbucks, shopping for hipster clothes with my husband"did I mention that I"m gay?"hanging out at gay bars; engaging in loads of pre-marital sex (it"s an open relationship; stop nagging!); smoking (medicinal) marijuana; attending Pride parades; campaigning for animal rights with my 17 cats; suing religious organizations for displaying nativity scenes on public property; eating conservatives (metaphorically, of course! You guys can never take a joke!); watching Fox News whilst yelling at the television as the veins in my forehead near explosion; and giving speeches about atheism, climate change, Starbucks, and why rich people suck the life out of society.

So, in summary, I am an atheist, Starbucks-drinking, Ivy-League-educated, gay, environmentalist, biracial, Hispanic, pro-animal-rights, pro-ACLU, pro-Planned-Parenthood, anti-rich, hipster professor. In a lot of ways, I am sort of like Jesus.

As for my campaign promises:

1. Restore the Eisenhower tax rates.
2. Implement single-payer health care
3. Remove preferences in the tax code for subchapter S corporations, capital gains, and carried interest.
4. Raise the minimum wage to a living wage.
5. Withdraw from Afghanistan tomorrow.
6. Raise the cap on income subject to Social Security benefits, and institute a progressive system with three rates: 5%, 15%, and 25%. Increase benefits for seniors earning under $250,000.
7. Pass comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship for non-violent immigrants who pass a background check.
8. Pardon Edward Snowden.
9. End the drone strikes.
10. End NSA spying.
11. Increase funding for education"including universal education from pre-K to Bachelor"s degree"research, infrastructure, and NASA.
12. Cut military spending and withdraw from overseas bases.
13. Eliminate the sequester.
14. Ban all guns"including toy guns.
15. Legalize all drugs.
16. Reinstitute the Glass-Steaggall Act.
17. Nominate Mikal to Secretary of Awesomeness.
18. There also be a position in store for Wylted if he agrees to a bit of a quid pro quo (hint, nudge, wink).
19. Afford puppies the right to vote.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:35:06 PM
All right then, Jifpop09 and progressivedem22:

Either one of you can post your presentation first. Whoever does not post first will have to go after I do.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:37:33 PM
At 2/15/2014 6:35:06 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Either one of you can post your presentation first. Whoever does not post first will have to go after I do.

progressivedem22=Rafael Gore
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:38:52 PM
And it seems that the transition between DDO and MS word is at it again, substituting quotation marks in places where they weren't...

It doesn't look too bad, but I'll repost it, if necessary.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:39:25 PM
At 2/15/2014 6:37:33 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

progressivedem22=Rafael Gore, democratic candidate, gay, extremely well-educated, hispanic.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:41:48 PM
At 2/15/2014 6:39:25 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/15/2014 6:37:33 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

progressivedem22=Rafael Gore, democratic candidate, gay, extremely well-educated, hispanic.

Don't forget pro-puppy suffrage!
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:44:15 PM

I changed my mind. Jifpop09, you can go now if you want to.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:48:21 PM
At 2/15/2014 6:45:35 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Also, I pretty sure Wylted is running as a Republican. Or so he says.

Cross-party ticket, my friend. Stay tuned. You just may see a plot twist.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:53:57 PM
At 2/15/2014 6:53:13 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Which group were you attempting to offend, Democrats or Republicans?

Fox News viewers who believe every word that O'Reilly and friends say. It's meant to be satirical, obviously.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 6:56:06 PM
Oh crap, I forgot one promise: push for a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United v. the Federal Election Commission, and publicly finance all elections. I'm not sure if it counts, but I stand for it nevertheless.
PeriodicPatriot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 7:05:32 PM
At 2/15/2014 5:16:21 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
ATTENTION

1. Noumena
2. Bubbatheclown
3. progressivedem22
4. Jifpop09
5. PeriodicPatriot
6. Buckethead31594
7. Wylted

2. Background (candidate's previous political experience, history of scandals [optional], information about candidate, must include party he or she is running for)
3. Campaign Promises (Example: If I am elected I promise to abolish the death penalty.)

If it is your turn, you have 24 hours to post your presentation. It can be two posts long, maximum, one post long, minimum. You may create as many campaign promises as your post(s) will allow. If it's your turn and you do not post in 24 hours, your turn will be skipped and you will be disqualified.
ALSO, it is of utmost importance that you include your party. If you don't, you'll automatically be "third party." Profanities and inappropriate language can and will be omitted and/or edited.

When all seven of our turns have ended, and everyone's either posted or forfeited, Round 1 will end, and I will create the Elimination Poll.

From the time that I post this first post, Noumena has 24 hours to post his presentation or he will forfeit. If he is busy, he may choose to go last.

Can we make up our own names.
Where you can find me besides DDO for a quick chat...

http://bit.ly... (Wattpad)
http://bit.ly... (Quibblo)
http://bit.ly... (Edeb8)

I know I have a different username, so what?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 7:06:52 PM
At 2/15/2014 7:05:32 PM, PeriodicPatriot wrote:
At 2/15/2014 5:16:21 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
ATTENTION

1. Noumena
2. Bubbatheclown
3. progressivedem22
4. Jifpop09
5. PeriodicPatriot
6. Buckethead31594
7. Wylted

Can we make up our own names.

Absolutely. That's what I intend on doing. Just don't slip a profanity into the name or anything.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2014 7:07:44 PM
At 2/15/2014 7:04:32 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Also, we won't be in Afghanistan anymore by 2020.

That's not true, actually: http://www.politico.com...

And I'm calling for ending the war literally tomorrow.