Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO Mock Election, Sign-Ups

progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 11:59:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The intention of this is to simulate a presidential election -- though with more success than the last one.

At this point we'll be accepting sign-ups. I don't have a planned threshold in mind, though we should aim for at least 12, and most likely no more than 15.

When signing up, please list the party whose nomination you'll be seeking -- for simplicity, we'll be using Democrat, Republican, and "Third Party," though a third party nominee will advance to the general election with the party name he or she chose -- and a brief biographical sketch of either yourself, or the candidate you've chosen to create. Hyperbole is allowed and encouraged, within reason, of course.

After we have enough candidates, we'll begin the primary elimination and nomination process:

Round 1: State your campaign promises and why you think you should be chosen as your party's nominee.

Round 2: This will be the "mudslinging" round. After reading the statements from your primary opponents, it will be your job to critique, question, and cast doubt on your opponents and their positions. Back-and-forth discussions within the forums are permitted.

Round 3: Debate. You will either choose the person with whom you will debate, or you will be randomly assigned an opponent. The debate should conclude in about a week -- so it will be important to use your judgment as to how many rounds and characters they ought to be -- and should be entitled "DDO Mock Presidential Election, [Insert Party Label Here]. The losers of those debates will be eliminated from contention.

Round 4: At this point, the remaining competitors can either choose to have another debate -- which should, again, conclude within a week's time -- or can immediately move to the nomination process, which will be decided via DDO poll. Competitors are not allowed to vote in this competition -- voting in the opposite party's primary in order to generate a result you deem favorable, or in your own primary, will be grounds for immediate disqualification.

These polls will end in 72 hours, and the Democrat, Republican, and third party candidate with the most votes will advance to the general election. At this point, candidates should choose running mates.

General Election:

Round 1: Reintroduce yourself and your platform to the voters, bearing in mind that you are now seeking to appeal to a broader audience. Running mates will also introduce themselves and offer their reasoning for endorsing said candidate.

Round 2: Mudslinging -- e.g., pointing out your opponent's flip-flops, etc. This round will only be applicable to candidates on the top of their respective tickets.

Round 3: V.P. bash. This will be the "mudslinging" round for VP candidates. It will be run in the same manner as the others, though candidates are not permitted to intervene.

Round 4: Two rounds of presidential debates, on topics of the candidate's choosing. It goes without saying that, at this point, each candidate will debate every other viable contender.

Round 5: Two rounds of vice presidential debates to occur in the same fashion as the presidential debates, though there is leeway as to which topics they choose.

Round 6: Final appeal to the voters: why should you be elected president? Vice presidential candidates are encouraged to participate. Modest levels of mudslinging are permitted. Actually, strike that. Mudsling as much as you'd like (within reason).000

Round 7: General election poll with all three tickets, to be concluded in 72 hours. The ticket with the most votes will be crowned mock president elect and mock vice president elect. This is a great honor, and you should be proud if you arrive at this point.

Sign-ups will commence now.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 1:41:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
May I sign up as a candidate? If you'll let me participate in this mock election, I agree that:

1. As a participant, I must follow the rules of your game.

2. I accept all mudslinging and backstabbing as expected parts of an election-based game.

3. I will not use the same candidate and platform as I did during the other Mock Election, though some aspects may be the same.

So, how about it? Will you let me join?
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 1:54:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 1:41:55 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
May I sign up as a candidate? If you'll let me participate in this mock election, I agree that:

1. As a participant, I must follow the rules of your game.

2. I accept all mudslinging and backstabbing as expected parts of an election-based game.

3. I will not use the same candidate and platform as I did during the other Mock Election, though some aspects may be the same.

So, how about it? Will you let me join?

Why wouldn't I let you join? By all means, do so.

And I don't even care if you use the same candidate/platform, haha. I won't be running.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 1:55:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 1:54:20 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 1:41:55 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
May I sign up as a candidate? If you'll let me participate in this mock election, I agree that:

1. As a participant, I must follow the rules of your game.

2. I accept all mudslinging and backstabbing as expected parts of an election-based game.

3. I will not use the same candidate and platform as I did during the other Mock Election, though some aspects may be the same.

So, how about it? Will you let me join?

Why wouldn't I let you join? By all means, do so.

And I don't even care if you use the same candidate/platform, haha. I won't be running.

All right then, I sign up.
1. Bubbatheclown
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 1:56:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 1:55:13 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/19/2014 1:54:20 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 1:41:55 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
May I sign up as a candidate? If you'll let me participate in this mock election, I agree that:

1. As a participant, I must follow the rules of your game.

2. I accept all mudslinging and backstabbing as expected parts of an election-based game.

3. I will not use the same candidate and platform as I did during the other Mock Election, though some aspects may be the same.

So, how about it? Will you let me join?

Why wouldn't I let you join? By all means, do so.

And I don't even care if you use the same candidate/platform, haha. I won't be running.

All right then, I sign up.
1. Bubbatheclown

Per the instructions, please list your candidate's name, party, and a brief biographical sketch.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 2:22:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Bubbatheclown's candidate:
Paul Lavergne

Hello America, my name is Paul Lavergne, as well as the Unity Party's creator and sole member as of so far. I'm hoping that will change as I get elected.
I have no money, no job. I live in Mississippi, in a homeless shelter. I have recently overcome a drinking problem, a problem that began when I lost my home and family and job, but I still have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
I wear a brown trench coat, a gift to me from an anonymous benefactor. I haven't shaved my beard or cut my hair in 5 months, and I haven't taken a shower in nearly two weeks.

A quick overview of my campaign:
I will, if elected, bridge the gap between the Democratic and Republican parties. I will set up a compromise system, where when a major decision is made, the side that does not favor this decision will receive a concession of some kind. These concessions will go both ways. And I have other ideas too, which I will specify at a later time.
The point of this will be to reduce the animosity between the Left Wing and the Right WIng, and create a spirit of cooperation between the two American polar opposites.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 2:40:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I just discovered there's already a Unity Party of America. I'll just pretend for the sake of my candidate's story that this other Unity Party doesn't exist.
tylergraham95
Posts: 1,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 3:36:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Candidate: Theodore Armstrong

Party: Bull-Moose Party

Slogan: Poor or wealthy, Americans first.

Promise: To strengthen the middle and lower class, and maintain a surplus to fight the debt.

Platform
If elected president, I will:

1. Slash income taxes down to a flat tax between 15-25%. The income tax only hurts the working man. The income tax hurts our middle class, the heart of our spending power. From Construction workers to accountants, American workers will thrive.

2. Overhaul the American welfare system. My overhaul will achieve two goals A) Less people abusing the system B) more effective welfare, that encourages productivity. These goals will be attained through education services, and the formation of government organizations like the CCC of old in order to create jobs. By providing infrastructure, and services, rather than just handouts, we will more effectively help the poor to become hard working successful Americans, as they aren't just receiving free money all the time. This will save the government money, and the poor with the potential to thrive shall do so.

3. Mandate that the Military reorganize their ledgers for more effective auditing. This will reduce money being ineffectively spent.

4. Reduce unnecessary military intervention in foreign countries. America's involvement with countless countries abroad is costing the tax-payers millions of dollars. We must stop the bleeding of money.

5. Significantly increase estate, property, and capital gains taxes.

6. Enforce much stricter punishment for those guilty of tax fraud/evasion.

7. Raise the minimum wage to a living wage.

8. Bust up large corporate trusts in order to increase competition in the free market, thus helping the American Worker.

9. Significantly increasing spending on education and transportation.

10. Repeal the ACA, and replacing it with "Teddy Bear Care." Teddy Bear Care will provide all Americans with free health insurance paid for by the Government. It will also help loosen the grip that big pharma has on medicine, significantly reducing the cost of treatment.

11. Eliminate all oil subsidies, while maintaining price caps on gasoline.

12. Use money cut from oil subsidies to subsidize Solar and Nuclear energy.

13. Raise corporate taxes significantly

14. Legalize most drugs, and heavily regulate/tax them.

15. Legalize prostitution and heavily regulate/tax it.

16. Remove any government involvement in marriage. In order to attain the economic benefits of marriage, two persons must simply apply for a "Contract of Domestic Partnership," or CDP for short.

17. Require all gun owners to attain a license (like a drivers license) that proves that you know how to operate a gun safely. Other than that, all guns are legal, and can be purchased without wait. Certain military grade explosive weapons will not be legal, such as sophisticated rocket launchers, or mines.

18. Repeal the patriot act.

19. Set the drinking age to 16

20. Create mandatory voting enforced by a small, reasonable, fine. A null vote option will be allowed.

21. Merge vestigial departments of government to increase efficiency and save money. Primarily, the NSA, DHS, and DD will be merged.

22. NSA bulk privacy invasions will be ended immediately.

I might add a few more later.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 3:53:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Lavergne vs. Armstrong. I kind of like the sound of that. I sure as heck hope that I get debates which are not primarily economic. But for that to happen, other candidates would have to join. There's still plenty of time, though.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 3:58:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I do have a unique theory on how things should be, though. I've yet to hear anybody else advocate this view:
Everybody should start out equal. By that I mean everybody should grow up in households that are about equally wealthy or not wealthy. Perhaps Lower Middle Class? However, after people take their own paths in life, those who manage to become rich (but not through immoral or illegal means) should be able to keep their wealth and not be taxed excessively.

However, I admit this system is rather unrealistic, considering that rich people shouldn't have to make themselves poor if they want to have kids.
tylergraham95
Posts: 1,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 9:18:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 3:36:23 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
Candidate: Theodore Armstrong

Party: Bull-Moose Party

Slogan: Poor or wealthy, Americans first.

Promise: To strengthen the middle and lower class, and maintain a surplus to fight the debt.


Platform
If elected president, I will:

1. Slash income taxes down to a flat tax between 15-25%. The income tax only hurts the working man. The income tax hurts our middle class, the heart of our spending power. From Construction workers to accountants, American workers will thrive.

2. Overhaul the American welfare system. My overhaul will achieve two goals A) Less people abusing the system B) more effective welfare, that encourages productivity. These goals will be attained through education services, and the formation of government organizations like the CCC of old in order to create jobs. By providing infrastructure, and services, rather than just handouts, we will more effectively help the poor to become hard working successful Americans, as they aren't just receiving free money all the time. This will save the government money, and the poor with the potential to thrive shall do so.

3. Mandate that the Military reorganize their ledgers for more effective auditing. This will reduce money being ineffectively spent.

4. Reduce unnecessary military intervention in foreign countries. America's involvement with countless countries abroad is costing the tax-payers millions of dollars. We must stop the bleeding of money.

5. Significantly increase estate, property, and capital gains taxes.

6. Enforce much stricter punishment for those guilty of tax fraud/evasion.

7. Raise the minimum wage to a living wage.

8. Bust up large corporate trusts in order to increase competition in the free market, thus helping the American Worker.

9. Significantly increasing spending on education and transportation.

10. Repeal the ACA, and replacing it with "Teddy Bear Care." Teddy Bear Care will provide all Americans with free health insurance paid for by the Government. It will also help loosen the grip that big pharma has on medicine, significantly reducing the cost of treatment.

11. Eliminate all oil subsidies, while maintaining price caps on gasoline.

12. Use money cut from oil subsidies to subsidize Solar and Nuclear energy.

13. Raise corporate taxes significantly

14. Legalize most drugs, and heavily regulate/tax them.

15. Legalize prostitution and heavily regulate/tax it.

16. Remove any government involvement in marriage. In order to attain the economic benefits of marriage, two persons must simply apply for a "Contract of Domestic Partnership," or CDP for short.

17. Require all gun owners to attain a license (like a drivers license) that proves that you know how to operate a gun safely. Other than that, all guns are legal, and can be purchased without wait. Certain military grade explosive weapons will not be legal, such as sophisticated rocket launchers, or mines.

18. Repeal the patriot act.

19. Set the drinking age to 16

20. Create mandatory voting enforced by a small, reasonable, fine. A null vote option will be allowed.

21. Merge vestigial departments of government to increase efficiency and save money. Primarily, the NSA, DHS, and DD will be merged.

22. NSA bulk privacy invasions will be ended immediately.

I might add a few more later.

Announcement: I am adding more to my platform.

1. Significant increase on taxes on luxury items, and to significantly increase taxes on tobacco, alcohol, etc.

2. I will establish a national science laureate, like the national poet laureate.

3. Push to reduce outsourcing, by giving tax breaks to companies that produce american-made goods, and reducing sales tax on american-made goods.

4. I will outlaw food sales tax.

5. I will encourage the growth of private space exploration companies.

6. I will liquidate the US Postal Service.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
tylergraham95
Posts: 1,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 9:21:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 11:59:31 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

You should probably do forum votes, instead of poll votes, simply to avoid votes from people who know nothing about what is going on.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 9:28:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 9:21:58 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 11:59:31 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

You should probably do forum votes, instead of poll votes, simply to avoid votes from people who know nothing about what is going on.

I could, but at the same time, polls are more accessible, and the ability to -- dare I say votebomb -- "campaign" for votes from outsides adds to the simulation of a real election. Moreover, holding every vote in the forum would likely lead to extremely low vote counts, and thus we would need to extend rounds significantly. I'd be more inclined, for instance, to base the outcome of the election on a final debate, rather than on a forum vote.
tylergraham95
Posts: 1,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 9:30:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 9:28:44 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:21:58 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 11:59:31 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

You should probably do forum votes, instead of poll votes, simply to avoid votes from people who know nothing about what is going on.

I could, but at the same time, polls are more accessible, and the ability to -- dare I say votebomb -- "campaign" for votes from outsides adds to the simulation of a real election. Moreover, holding every vote in the forum would likely lead to extremely low vote counts, and thus we would need to extend rounds significantly. I'd be more inclined, for instance, to base the outcome of the election on a final debate, rather than on a forum vote.

True. But if this is the system, I probably won't win, as most members will look at the candidates, look for the republican/democratic party, and vote thusly.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 9:31:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just for clarification, to sign-up, you need only to provide a background of your candidate and the party whose nomination you're seeking. Save campaign promises for Round 1. If you included them in your first post, feel free to revise them during Round 1, or simply replicate or cross-reference them when the time comes.
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 9:34:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 9:30:24 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:28:44 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:21:58 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 11:59:31 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

You should probably do forum votes, instead of poll votes, simply to avoid votes from people who know nothing about what is going on.

I could, but at the same time, polls are more accessible, and the ability to -- dare I say votebomb -- "campaign" for votes from outsides adds to the simulation of a real election. Moreover, holding every vote in the forum would likely lead to extremely low vote counts, and thus we would need to extend rounds significantly. I'd be more inclined, for instance, to base the outcome of the election on a final debate, rather than on a forum vote.

True. But if this is the system, I probably won't win, as most members will look at the candidates, look for the republican/democratic party, and vote thusly.

That's the cold hard truth in this two-party system, isn't it? I completely understand where you're coming from. It's why I ran as a Democrat in the last mock election, actually.

The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to say that eliminations for the general, like the primary, should be handled by some objective means -- a debate perhaps, or even several, with VP debates counting for a certain number of points. Maybe we'll take a vote closer to the date on how we'll decide it. Debating itself is intended to be campaigning, but the extent to which DDO'ers will pay attention to this election is uncertain.
tylergraham95
Posts: 1,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 10:45:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 9:34:52 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:30:24 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:28:44 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:21:58 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 11:59:31 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

You should probably do forum votes, instead of poll votes, simply to avoid votes from people who know nothing about what is going on.

I could, but at the same time, polls are more accessible, and the ability to -- dare I say votebomb -- "campaign" for votes from outsides adds to the simulation of a real election. Moreover, holding every vote in the forum would likely lead to extremely low vote counts, and thus we would need to extend rounds significantly. I'd be more inclined, for instance, to base the outcome of the election on a final debate, rather than on a forum vote.

True. But if this is the system, I probably won't win, as most members will look at the candidates, look for the republican/democratic party, and vote thusly.

That's the cold hard truth in this two-party system, isn't it? I completely understand where you're coming from. It's why I ran as a Democrat in the last mock election, actually.

The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to say that eliminations for the general, like the primary, should be handled by some objective means -- a debate perhaps, or even several, with VP debates counting for a certain number of points. Maybe we'll take a vote closer to the date on how we'll decide it. Debating itself is intended to be campaigning, but the extent to which DDO'ers will pay attention to this election is uncertain.

One other problem I see with the poll system is that (at least for the primaries) you should separate them by party.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 4:33:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 10:45:00 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:34:52 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:30:24 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:28:44 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 9:21:58 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 11:59:31 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

You should probably do forum votes, instead of poll votes, simply to avoid votes from people who know nothing about what is going on.

I could, but at the same time, polls are more accessible, and the ability to -- dare I say votebomb -- "campaign" for votes from outsides adds to the simulation of a real election. Moreover, holding every vote in the forum would likely lead to extremely low vote counts, and thus we would need to extend rounds significantly. I'd be more inclined, for instance, to base the outcome of the election on a final debate, rather than on a forum vote.

True. But if this is the system, I probably won't win, as most members will look at the candidates, look for the republican/democratic party, and vote thusly.

That's the cold hard truth in this two-party system, isn't it? I completely understand where you're coming from. It's why I ran as a Democrat in the last mock election, actually.

The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to say that eliminations for the general, like the primary, should be handled by some objective means -- a debate perhaps, or even several, with VP debates counting for a certain number of points. Maybe we'll take a vote closer to the date on how we'll decide it. Debating itself is intended to be campaigning, but the extent to which DDO'ers will pay attention to this election is uncertain.

One other problem I see with the poll system is that (at least for the primaries) you should separate them by party.

My intention was to have three polls, with the third being all third party candidates. I don't think we could have one poll for each party, since we would run the risk of having as many parties as there are primary candidates. But the intention is to end up with three candidates in the general election.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 7:39:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/20/2014 4:59:55 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
So, does anybody else want to sign up?

Si, Lannan13.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 7:50:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Candidate: Allan-Michael Lannan

Party: Conservative, Republican

Slogan: We the People

Promise: To fight our nation's debt, cut spending, and improve the economy.

Platform

If elelected I will...

1. Transfer the federal reserves to federal government control. (Go from private to public)

2. Abortion regulation bill (out law late term abortion)

3. Oppose all increases to minimum wage increase.

4. Oppose Gun control bills.

5. Repeal the ACA.

6. Increase IRS penalties for tax evasion.

7. Create stricter welfare laws. (workfare)

8. Increase chain gangs for ciminals to pay for their debt to society.

9. Crack down on North Korea and Iran.

10. Oppose all support to any side in the Syrian war. (stay neutral)

11. Withdrawl support for Eygpt.

12. Crack down on Colorado and Washington for defying federal laws. (pot legal)

13. Create more hydroelectric damns.

14. Eliminate sales tax on food and clothing items.

(more to be added later)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 9:01:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just for clarification: there is no need to post your campaign platforms when signing up! Save those for round 1.

At this rate, we may need to cancel Round 1 and move directly to mudslinging, unless of course you would like to use these as a brief introduction and expound upon them later, which is perfectly fine. Of course, you do run the risk at this point of divulging your positions early to your opponents, who can frame their positions such that they directly counter yours. So, think strategically.

I honestly wouldn't mind going all out with this. Feel free to bring in campaign advisers, managers, prospective running mates, oil lobbyists of choice etc. The more the merrier!

Also, we could do this, if you guys would prefer: if you'd like to post your platforms now, we could revamp Round 1 to be a questionnaire. I think each state has one of these for prospective state-wide candidates. They act, essentially, as honesty and full-disclosure pledges. So, if you choose this path, I'll draft a pledge asking you to give your positions on several key issues in a way that is a bit more nuanced than simply pro or con.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:43:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 7:50:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Candidate: Allan-Michael Lannan

Party: Conservative, Republican

Slogan: We the People

Promise: To fight our nation's debt, cut spending, and improve the economy.

Platform

If elelected I will...

1. Transfer the federal reserves to federal government control. (Go from private to public)

2. Abortion regulation bill (out law late term abortion)

3. Oppose all increases to minimum wage increase.

4. Oppose Gun control bills.

5. Repeal the ACA.

6. Increase IRS penalties for tax evasion.

7. Create stricter welfare laws. (workfare)

8. Increase chain gangs for ciminals to pay for their debt to society.

9. Crack down on North Korea and Iran.

10. Oppose all support to any side in the Syrian war. (stay neutral)

11. Withdrawl support for Eygpt.

12. Crack down on Colorado and Washington for defying federal laws. (pot legal)

13. Create more hydroelectric damns.

14. Eliminate sales tax on food and clothing items.

(more to be added later)

I hate to say it, but you and your stances are probably going to be attacked heavily during this election.
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:55:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 10:43:25 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/21/2014 7:50:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Candidate: Allan-Michael Lannan

Party: Conservative, Republican

Slogan: We the People

Promise: To fight our nation's debt, cut spending, and improve the economy.

Platform

If elelected I will...

1. Transfer the federal reserves to federal government control. (Go from private to public)

2. Abortion regulation bill (out law late term abortion)

3. Oppose all increases to minimum wage increase.

4. Oppose Gun control bills.

5. Repeal the ACA.

6. Increase IRS penalties for tax evasion.

7. Create stricter welfare laws. (workfare)

8. Increase chain gangs for ciminals to pay for their debt to society.

9. Crack down on North Korea and Iran.

10. Oppose all support to any side in the Syrian war. (stay neutral)

11. Withdrawl support for Eygpt.

12. Crack down on Colorado and Washington for defying federal laws. (pot legal)

13. Create more hydroelectric damns.

14. Eliminate sales tax on food and clothing items.

(more to be added later)

I hate to say it, but you and your stances are probably going to be attacked heavily during this election.

I'm not running. Otherwise, I'd thoroughly critique them right now.
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:57:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, UPDATE: Please post some tentative campaign promises with your background and party information -- everyone who has signed up thus far already has. In lieu of the Round 1 described in the first post, candidates will be filling out a questionnaire. Note that this questionnaire is OPTIONAL. It is possible to evade this, and rely on your statements and promises. However, if you submit any part of the questionnaire, you must submit all of it.
DudeStop
Posts: 1,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 11:00:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/19/2014 1:54:20 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 1:41:55 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
May I sign up as a candidate? If you'll let me participate in this mock election, I agree that:

1. As a participant, I must follow the rules of your game.

2. I accept all mudslinging and backstabbing as expected parts of an election-based game.

3. I will not use the same candidate and platform as I did during the other Mock Election, though some aspects may be the same.

So, how about it? Will you let me join?

Why wouldn't I let you join? By all means, do so.

And I don't even care if you use the same candidate/platform, haha. I won't be running.

I'll join...
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 11:03:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 11:00:19 AM, DudeStop wrote:
At 2/19/2014 1:54:20 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/19/2014 1:41:55 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
May I sign up as a candidate? If you'll let me participate in this mock election, I agree that:

1. As a participant, I must follow the rules of your game.

2. I accept all mudslinging and backstabbing as expected parts of an election-based game.

3. I will not use the same candidate and platform as I did during the other Mock Election, though some aspects may be the same.

So, how about it? Will you let me join?

Why wouldn't I let you join? By all means, do so.

And I don't even care if you use the same candidate/platform, haha. I won't be running.

I'll join...

Excellent. Please post your candidate's names and party, background, and some tentative campaign promises.

Also, just as a note to everyone: third party candidates will be competing with each other for the third party nomination. At this point, with two candidates in the running, it may be in the candidate's best interest to run as a Democrat or Republican; the former has 0 primary candidates, while the latter has one.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 1:03:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 2/21/2014 7:50:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Candidate: Allan-Michael Lannan

Party: Conservative, Republican

Slogan: We the People

Promise: To fight our nation's debt, cut spending, and improve the economy.

Platform

If elelected I will...

1. Transfer the federal reserves to federal government control. (Go from private to public)

2. Abortion regulation bill (out law late term abortion)

3. Oppose all increases to minimum wage increase.

4. Oppose Gun control bills.

5. Repeal the ACA.

6. Increase IRS penalties for tax evasion.

7. Create stricter welfare laws. (workfare)

8. Increase chain gangs for ciminals to pay for their debt to society.

9. Crack down on North Korea and Iran.

10. Oppose all support to any side in the Syrian war. (stay neutral)

11. Withdrawl support for Eygpt.

12. Crack down on Colorado and Washington for defying federal laws. (pot legal)

13. Create more hydroelectric damns.

14. Eliminate sales tax on food and clothing items.

(more to be added later)

15. Increase NASA's funding.

16. Transparency bill.

17. Control inflation and revalue the dollar.

18. Change Stock Market back to 1 day buying on Margin in order to avoid 2008 crisis again.

19. Expand offshore mining.

20. Scale back US involvement in UN

21. Lift embargo on Cuba and include them in NAFTA.

22. Start limiting plastic industry.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~