Jump to topic:

DDO West Wing

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2014 7:36:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here's a game to play. It will be a long-term game. It may go on for weeks, and at the same time nothing might not be going on for weeks or days. The game requires a single volunteer, and I'll do the rest.
There has been more than one DDO election, especially recently. There's even been a DDO Congress simulation. However, this is a DDO Presidential Simulation. One person volunteers to be president, no election required.
If you accept, you may name yourself anything (except for something that includes a profanity) and make yourself either a Democratic or Republican President; no third party will be accepted. If multiple people sign up, I will pick one.
When you become president, I will present you with various situations and as POTUS, you have to make decisions based on the scenarios. I will present the scenarios at random intervals, but I will try not to make you wait too long.
This game may or may not be fair. Accept at your own risk. This game will come to an official end on March 11, 2014, whenever the four years of your Presidency come to an end. However, if the game is a success we may agree to extend it.
So, any volunteers?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:44:23 AM
At 2/21/2014 9:58:23 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I'm not sure how this would work, but sure I'll take a shot at it.

What's your name, Mr. President? And are you by any chance a Democrat?
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:45:12 AM
At 2/21/2014 10:44:23 AM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/21/2014 9:58:23 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I'm not sure how this would work, but sure I'll take a shot at it.

What's your name, Mr. President? And are you by any chance a Democrat?

My name is Ted Cruz, and no, I'm a Tea Party Republican. Merica'!
DudeStop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 10:50:50 AM
At 2/20/2014 7:36:45 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Here's a game to play. It will be a long-term game. It may go on for weeks, and at the same time nothing might not be going on for weeks or days. The game requires a single volunteer, and I'll do the rest.
There has been more than one DDO election, especially recently. There's even been a DDO Congress simulation. However, this is a DDO Presidential Simulation. One person volunteers to be president, no election required.
If you accept, you may name yourself anything (except for something that includes a profanity) and make yourself either a Democratic or Republican President; no third party will be accepted. If multiple people sign up, I will pick one.
When you become president, I will present you with various situations and as POTUS, you have to make decisions based on the scenarios. I will present the scenarios at random intervals, but I will try not to make you wait too long.
This game may or may not be fair. Accept at your own risk. This game will come to an official end on March 11, 2014, whenever the four years of your Presidency come to an end. However, if the game is a success we may agree to extend it.
So, any volunteers?

Can I sign up?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 11:16:07 AM
At 2/21/2014 10:50:50 AM, DudeStop wrote:
So, any volunteers?

Can I sign up?

If you do, describe yourself as President. Give yourself a name and pick Democrat or Republican.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 12:56:47 PM
So, any volunteers?

Accepted.

Republican President Aloyweasis Lannan. Former Marine Corps officer, known in the world of politics as being strictly Conservative and tough on money issues.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 2:16:09 PM
There are three people who want the job so far: progressivedem22, Dudestop, and the conservative guy who I forgot the name of. I know Progressivedem22 signed up first, but his presidency is rather, well...suspicious. He signed up as a conservative, though he is a liberal in real life, and he used the derogatory "murica," which would suggest (wrongly) that conservatives are unintelligent and/or rednecks. Therefore, three people so far are vying for the position, and I must pick one.
Therefore, if you are to sign up, please be a president of the same stance that you are in real life. And if you are to be a president with stances contrary to your own, do it in a serious, nontrolling manner.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 10:32:43 AM
At 2/21/2014 2:16:09 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
There are three people who want the job so far: progressivedem22, Dudestop, and the conservative guy who I forgot the name of. I know Progressivedem22 signed up first, but his presidency is rather, well...suspicious. He signed up as a conservative, though he is a liberal in real life, and he used the derogatory "murica," which would suggest (wrongly) that conservatives are unintelligent and/or rednecks. Therefore, three people so far are vying for the position, and I must pick one.
Therefore, if you are to sign up, please be a president of the same stance that you are in real life. And if you are to be a president with stances contrary to your own, do it in a serious, nontrolling manner.

Actually, I signed up as Ted Cruz, but I intend to portray a role reversal and take on extremely liberal positions.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:00:35 PM
At 2/22/2014 10:32:43 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Actually, I signed up as Ted Cruz, but I intend to portray a role reversal and take on extremely liberal positions.

All right then, you're President. Congratulations.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:05:37 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:00:35 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Awesome. Can I begin with an executive order?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:08:09 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:05:37 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

I guess. Of course, if it's something too drastic you probably won't be able to do it, even though it is January, 2021.
Little Bit of Background:
When Hillary took office in January of 2017, the Republicans controlled both Houses. But the Democrats took back one house a little later on. Currently, the Democrats control the House of Representatives and the Republicans control the Senate.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:13:19 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:08:09 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

I guess. Of course, if it's something too drastic you probably won't be able to do it, even though it is January, 2021.
When Hillary took office in January of 2017, the Republicans controlled both Houses. But the Democrats took back one house a little later on. Currently, the Democrats control the House of Representatives and the Republicans control the Senate.

My executive order is to raise the minimum wage of all workers under federal contract -- not just new federal contracts, as Obama did -- to $15 per hour.

Also, Republican Senate?!? That's agonizing. Are they actual Republicans, or RINOs like myself?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:29:46 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:13:19 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 2/22/2014 12:08:09 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

My executive order is to raise the minimum wage of all workers under federal contract -- not just new federal contracts, as Obama did -- to $15 per hour.

All right then, It's your call to do so. At least it's just federal workers, though.

Also, Republican Senate?!? That's agonizing. Are they actual Republicans, or RINOs like myself?

By 2021 most Republican politicians will probably be liberal, though there will still be a small handful of conservatives left. So yeah, it's a Rhino House.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:32:01 PM
Wikileaks Report: Wikileaks reveals that several government branches are hiring illegal Mexican immigrants for below the minimum wage, in an effort to save money in the face of recent budget cuts. As president, what do you do?
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:43:26 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:32:01 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Wikileaks Report: Wikileaks reveals that several government branches are hiring illegal Mexican immigrants for below the minimum wage, in an effort to save money in the face of recent budget cuts. As president, what do you do?

First, I would criticize my predecessors for not passing immigration reform when they've had literally years.

Next, I would promise to get to the bottom of this and fire the individuals in charge.

Then, I would call on Congress to raise taxes on the rich so "budget cuts" are no longer an issue, and to pass immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:50:05 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:43:26 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

First, I would criticize my predecessors for not passing immigration reform when they've had literally years.

Next, I would promise to get to the bottom of this and fire the individuals in charge.

Then, I would call on Congress to raise taxes on the rich so "budget cuts" are no longer an issue, and to pass immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship.

Cool. So, do you think the government will ever actually do something like this?
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:52:20 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:50:05 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/22/2014 12:43:26 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Cool. So, do you think the government will ever actually do something like this?

Well, it depends. Under a Republican (Hillary Clinton) Administration, I wouldn't be too surprised. Under, say, a Bernie Sanders Administration, it's unlikely because he'd actually sign immigration reform.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:55:11 PM
CNN Report:
It is revealed that back in 1997 the current Vice-President, who was your running mate during the 2020 election, molested a 9 year old boy. The public is wondering if you knew about it. Also, there needs to be a new Vice-President, since obviously, the current VP is going to jail.
As President, what do you do?
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 12:56:44 PM
At 2/22/2014 12:55:11 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
CNN Report:
It is revealed that back in 1997 the current Vice-President, who was your running mate during the 2020 election, molested a 9 year old boy. The public is wondering if you knew about it. Also, there needs to be a new Vice-President, since obviously, the current VP is going to jail.
As President, what do you do?

I knew nothing about it. I didn't inhale.

But yeah, I don't think I could just "appoint" a new VP. I think the Speaker of the House -- who, oddly enough, is a Democrat -- would assume the vice presidency. So, there's that.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 1:01:33 PM
Fox News Report:
Hamas fires a SCUD missile at Israel. Thankfully, it was shot down by Israel's laser defense system. Hillary Clinton, your predecessor, made Israel and the Palestinians sign a deal saying that Israel would eliminate all Israeli settlements in the West Bank and in return Hamas would ceasefire all missile attacks on Israel.
As President, how do you respond?
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 1:47:51 PM
At 2/22/2014 1:01:33 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Fox News Report:
Hamas fires a SCUD missile at Israel. Thankfully, it was shot down by Israel's laser defense system. Hillary Clinton, your predecessor, made Israel and the Palestinians sign a deal saying that Israel would eliminate all Israeli settlements in the West Bank and in return Hamas would ceasefire all missile attacks on Israel.

Fire up the drones and go to town.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 1:53:05 PM
At 2/22/2014 1:47:51 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Fox News Report:

What's that mean?
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 1:53:44 PM
At 2/22/2014 1:53:05 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Fox News Report:

What's that mean?

It means exactly what I said.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 1:58:35 PM
At 2/22/2014 1:53:44 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Fox News Report:

What's that mean?

So you'd do drone strikes on Hamas?
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2014 2:00:52 PM
At 2/22/2014 1:58:35 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 2/22/2014 1:53:44 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Fox News Report:

What's that mean?

So you'd do drone strikes on Hamas?

Is there another option?