Jump to topic:

The Bubba Scenario

bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 3:36:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a scenario which I believe may come to pass eventually, whether it takes 50 years or 500 years.

In this scenario, the government loses its human factor almost entirely. It becomes almost like its own entity, handing most or all of its operations and authority over to computers, which may be unified by a central control system.

The government knows almost everything. With extremely advanced surveillance technology it can scan every secluded spot in the country/world and it can find out who is loyal to it and who is secretly against it.

Instead of an army of human soldiers it deploys either drone weapons or laser weapons that can kill a man from orbit in the blink of an eye. If any resistance is formed to this government, it will discover this in less than a minute and it will slaughter that resistance immediately, even if this resistance consists of just a group of ten people meeting inside a camper or something.

But this is not the scary part. What if it discovers how to revive dead people who've been in the grave for years, decades, or centuries? What if it revives those who were in opposition to this government and it tortures them perpetually, keeping them alive so that the torture will last forever?

It'd be a blending of government, information, and technology into a single malevolent entity. No human would be able to oppose it, perhaps not even the entire world rising up against it. And you cannot escape it by dying.

I present to you the Bubba Scenario, which is one of my greatest fears about the future.
HC-Nebami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2014 3:50:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
gosh you are so stupid you honestly believe that the guverment can do anything rong look at the Soviat Union how everyone was equel and treated fairly there you are a racist cristian bigit!!!!