Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

New Debate System - Presidential Debate?

Logitivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2014 8:46:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey guys, Recently I've been pretty obsessed about debating and arguing, and I've noticed what I think are some fatal flaws.

Basically my main problem I've been thinking about is that there is too much information pushed out by people in authority. What I mean by that is that if a politician says that Global Warming is fake, despite an avalanche of evidence supporting it, people will believe him.

Therefore, I wanted to create a system of debate that prevents this misinformation from getting out in the first point. I've been so obsessed to the point where I actually started a blog...

Anyway if you want to check out my system you can find it here: http://www.logitivity.info...

Or just check out Logitivity.info which is my blog.

Please look over my system that would tweak the current way in which political debates usually occur and give me any comments, criticism, flaws, etc.. that you can think of!
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 12:33:54 PM
Forgive me if I just skip the bull--it and call it like it is. There's no fix for stupid and uninformed people who swallow the crap being spewed by the teabaggers and their ilk. Yes, Herman Cain and his 999 trash is a good example.

And what motivates people into being able to swallow that kind of garbage? Racist Obama hate would account for 3/4'ers of it. Libertarian pie in the sky fantasies, the other 1/4.
Logitivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 12:44:53 PM
At 3/5/2014 12:33:54 PM, monty1 wrote:
Forgive me if I just skip the bull--it and call it like it is. There's no fix for stupid and uninformed people who swallow the crap being spewed by the teabaggers and their ilk. Yes, Herman Cain and his 999 trash is a good example.

And what motivates people into being able to swallow that kind of garbage? Racist Obama hate would account for 3/4'ers of it. Libertarian pie in the sky fantasies, the other 1/4.

I agree, there is no complete fix for these type of people, and I'm not claiming that this is that. Although... I do believe that this is progress in the right direction rather than leaving it how it is. Also, it may help even these people who will believe the misinformation begin to see who is spewing crap.
If there is a national presidential debate and one candidate sits there unable to say much or contend his opponent because all of his points have been called for their bull crap by informed moderators, then a lot of those people will regard that candidate with disdain.
It's also a heck of a lot easier than trying to educate the entire voter base with all of the knowledge to dismantle a argument and truly believe it.

Step in the right direction - What do you think?
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 10:26:58 PM
Alright then, ask a rightie if Rick Perry is a complete numbskull idiot who has trouble tying his own shoes. He should have become a complete embarrassment to the rabid right during the campaign but instead they gave him new life.

The teabagger faction of the Repub party are crazy extremists but their following is much more interested in disrupting and possibly destroying the system. There's nothing but a bullet that will ever convince them to become rational politicians.

Things will become much different when they fade into obscurity and that is going to happen at the end of Obama's second term. Their very existence depends on racist hating of a black president and that soon to be defused. I think that's when your plan becomes redundant.

After all, the baggers are nothing but racist leftleaning malcontents, combined with extremist righties and disenfranchised libertarians kooks. They have no real future with their present politics but will be able to slot into being lefties again when their racism problem disappears.

The American south wasn't ready for Obama. They can't get over the civil war loss. That, they associate with an upiity negra who presumes to be president!!