Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Republicans are Wrong about ACA.

lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 1:15:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ladies and Gents many Republicans believe Obama and the ACA to be Communist/ Socialist (since people use the terms interchangably), but this is incorrect. As the ACA came out the Obama Administration increased the medicine return to pharmacies from .60 cents on the dollar to $1 on the dollar for companies who supported the ACA. Also the ACA is proof of a partnership between Government and Buisness, which is not Communism. In communism, they believe that the factor owners are evil and that there needs to be a Revolution to get rid of them. Thus meaning that the ACA cannot be communistic. In Fascism, however, the government makes a pact with buisness. Which is what America is to a degree in modern day.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:42:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

I do agree that it needs to be replaced, but lets look at Bill Clinton's AutoCare. It's just like the ACA and it even caused the last government shutdown and now it is accepted in everyday life and eventually the ACA will be aswell.

What I disagree with you here though is that the ACA is fascist not communist. These are two completely different things.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:42:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

You failed to give your premises. Without premises this accusation is just baseless. At least respond to The ops premises and how they relate to his conclusion.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:46:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:42:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

You failed to give your premises. Without premises this accusation is just baseless. At least respond to The ops premises and how they relate to his conclusion.

The simple fact is that is he is trying to say that it's 3 seperate idealogoies.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:49:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:46:29 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:42:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

You failed to give your premises. Without premises this accusation is just baseless. At least respond to The ops premises and how they relate to his conclusion.

The simple fact is that is he is trying to say that it's 3 seperate idealogoies.

You're correct. His conclusion disqualifies itself. I shouldn't be willing to engage with people like that. I do only because, I have a seed of hope for him.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:52:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:49:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:46:29 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:42:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

You failed to give your premises. Without premises this accusation is just baseless. At least respond to The ops premises and how they relate to his conclusion.

The simple fact is that is he is trying to say that it's 3 seperate idealogoies.

You're correct. His conclusion disqualifies itself. I shouldn't be willing to engage with people like that. I do only because, I have a seed of hope for him.

What is you're opinion why you are here.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:56:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:52:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:49:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:46:29 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:42:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

You failed to give your premises. Without premises this accusation is just baseless. At least respond to The ops premises and how they relate to his conclusion.

The simple fact is that is he is trying to say that it's 3 seperate idealogoies.

You're correct. His conclusion disqualifies itself. I shouldn't be willing to engage with people like that. I do only because, I have a seed of hope for him.

What is you're opinion why you are here.

I don't have an opinion on the ACA. I'm just interested in other people's thoughts on it. Perhaps if I was more educated on it, I could formulate an opinion. Until, I become more educated on the topic, I will refrain from an opinion.

I'm one of those rare people, who don't need an opinion on everything.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 3:59:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:56:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:52:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:49:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:46:29 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:42:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

You failed to give your premises. Without premises this accusation is just baseless. At least respond to The ops premises and how they relate to his conclusion.

The simple fact is that is he is trying to say that it's 3 seperate idealogoies.

You're correct. His conclusion disqualifies itself. I shouldn't be willing to engage with people like that. I do only because, I have a seed of hope for him.

What is you're opinion why you are here.

I don't have an opinion on the ACA. I'm just interested in other people's thoughts on it. Perhaps if I was more educated on it, I could formulate an opinion. Until, I become more educated on the topic, I will refrain from an opinion.

Do you know what Bill Clinton's AutoCare was?

I'm one of those rare people, who don't need an opinion on everything.

I agree, but I am one of those people who are hungry for knowledge and wish to know many facts. Once facts are their then one's personal opinion is casted, weather you know it or not.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:06:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:59:49 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:56:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:52:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:49:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:46:29 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:42:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

You failed to give your premises. Without premises this accusation is just baseless. At least respond to The ops premises and how they relate to his conclusion.

The simple fact is that is he is trying to say that it's 3 seperate idealogoies.

You're correct. His conclusion disqualifies itself. I shouldn't be willing to engage with people like that. I do only because, I have a seed of hope for him.

What is you're opinion why you are here.

I don't have an opinion on the ACA. I'm just interested in other people's thoughts on it. Perhaps if I was more educated on it, I could formulate an opinion. Until, I become more educated on the topic, I will refrain from an opinion.

Do you know what Bill Clinton's AutoCare was?

I never heard of autoCare.

I'm one of those rare people, who don't need an opinion on everything.

I agree, but I am one of those people who are hungry for knowledge and wish to know many facts. Once facts are their then one's personal opinion is casted, weather you know it or not.

My first impression of the ACA is it is statist and therefore bad. I think the free market works better with very little if any regulation. You won't see me accepting any debates on the topic because it is boring to me, and I know very little about it.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:08:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 4:06:18 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:59:49 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:56:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:52:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:49:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:46:29 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:42:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

You failed to give your premises. Without premises this accusation is just baseless. At least respond to The ops premises and how they relate to his conclusion.

The simple fact is that is he is trying to say that it's 3 seperate idealogoies.

You're correct. His conclusion disqualifies itself. I shouldn't be willing to engage with people like that. I do only because, I have a seed of hope for him.

What is you're opinion why you are here.

I don't have an opinion on the ACA. I'm just interested in other people's thoughts on it. Perhaps if I was more educated on it, I could formulate an opinion. Until, I become more educated on the topic, I will refrain from an opinion.

Do you know what Bill Clinton's AutoCare was?

I never heard of autoCare.

It's Clinton's version of ACA. It's also the reason that it's against the law to drive without car insurance.

I'm one of those rare people, who don't need an opinion on everything.

I agree, but I am one of those people who are hungry for knowledge and wish to know many facts. Once facts are their then one's personal opinion is casted, weather you know it or not.

My first impression of the ACA is it is statist and therefore bad. I think the free market works better with very little if any regulation. You won't see me accepting any debates on the topic because it is boring to me, and I know very little about it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:11:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 4:08:24 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 4:06:18 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:59:49 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:56:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:52:39 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:49:55 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:46:29 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:42:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

You failed to give your premises. Without premises this accusation is just baseless. At least respond to The ops premises and how they relate to his conclusion.

The simple fact is that is he is trying to say that it's 3 seperate idealogoies.

You're correct. His conclusion disqualifies itself. I shouldn't be willing to engage with people like that. I do only because, I have a seed of hope for him.

What is you're opinion why you are here.

I don't have an opinion on the ACA. I'm just interested in other people's thoughts on it. Perhaps if I was more educated on it, I could formulate an opinion. Until, I become more educated on the topic, I will refrain from an opinion.

Do you know what Bill Clinton's AutoCare was?

I never heard of autoCare.

It's Clinton's version of ACA. It's also the reason that it's against the law to drive without car insurance.

I'm one of those rare people, who don't need an opinion on everything.

I agree, but I am one of those people who are hungry for knowledge and wish to know many facts. Once facts are their then one's personal opinion is casted, weather you know it or not.

My first impression of the ACA is it is statist and therefore bad. I think the free market works better with very little if any regulation. You won't see me accepting any debates on the topic because it is boring to me, and I know very little about it.

Well then, he's a jerk car insurance is expensive. I used to get some stuff when I was in Florida for like $35.00 a month, but that stuff is impossible to find now, where I'm at. It's probably impossible to find in Florida also.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 4:54:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
We are ranked 46th in healthcare. Iran and China have more efficient systems. And the best systems are closer to socialism than ACA is.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 6:52:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 4:08:24 PM, lannan13 wrote:

It's Clinton's version of ACA. It's also the reason that it's against the law to drive without car insurance.

How does that work exactly?
I am unaware of a federal law mandating auto insurance.
My work here is, finally, done.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 7:22:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 4:54:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We are ranked 46th in healthcare. Iran and China have more efficient systems. And the best systems are closer to socialism than ACA is.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com...

Unless you show a logical, coherent argument, this isn't persuasive.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
BigDave80
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 9:50:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 4:54:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We are ranked 46th in healthcare. Iran and China have more efficient systems. And the best systems are closer to socialism than ACA is.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com...

You do realize that this list ranks Singapore, the most private system in the world, as the second most efficient system.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 10:07:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

Well, one of the three has to be correct as it's pretty obvious that the American people don't deserve to have affordable health care.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2014 10:57:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In socialism, government asserts that it is the rightful owner of" the means of production.," as socialism would say. By asserting that you have the right to demand what I have produced, you ipso facto assert the right to make demands of the means to it, for I am the means, and you must make any demands you have be demands of me.

It is true that the ACA is not a program living down to communist ideals, but why even mention the socialism accusation when you'll neglect it so thoroughly like that OP?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Actionsspeak
Posts: 185
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 12:23:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

On a conventional political spectrum the ACA moves the U.S. to the left wing and therefore closer to fascism, communism, and socialism. However it doesn't need to be repealed before it even takes effect, in theory it's a much better system.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 7:27:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 10:57:53 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
In socialism, government asserts that it is the rightful owner of" the means of production.," as socialism would say. By asserting that you have the right to demand what I have produced, you ipso facto assert the right to make demands of the means to it, for I am the means, and you must make any demands you have be demands of me.

It is true that the ACA is not a program living down to communist ideals, but why even mention the socialism accusation when you'll neglect it so thoroughly like that OP?

However in Communism the owner of the buisness is overthrown and there is a revolution. In America we still have the the buisness owner.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 7:28:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 12:23:59 AM, Actionsspeak wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

On a conventional political spectrum the ACA moves the U.S. to the left wing and therefore closer to fascism, communism, and socialism. However it doesn't need to be repealed before it even takes effect, in theory it's a much better system.

Fascism and Communism is two completely different things.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 9:10:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 7:28:22 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/6/2014 12:23:59 AM, Actionsspeak wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

On a conventional political spectrum the ACA moves the U.S. to the left wing and therefore closer to fascism, communism, and socialism. However it doesn't need to be repealed before it even takes effect, in theory it's a much better system.

Fascism and Communism is two completely different things.

Fascism however has communist elements involved.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:25:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 9:10:31 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 3/6/2014 7:28:22 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/6/2014 12:23:59 AM, Actionsspeak wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

On a conventional political spectrum the ACA moves the U.S. to the left wing and therefore closer to fascism, communism, and socialism. However it doesn't need to be repealed before it even takes effect, in theory it's a much better system.

Fascism and Communism is two completely different things.

Fascism however has communist elements involved.

It does, but is different. Communism and Fascism is like that Freshmen couple in the hall that can't keep their hands off of eachother. Then they've broken up and they now hate eachother's gut.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:34:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Americans seem to think that capitalism has to be greedy and irresponsible. Alas, they still are having difficulty understanding a system such as Canada's where we practice a brand of socially responsible capitalism where government demonstrates a social responsibility toward the people. So far at least while the Conservatives haven't had time to corrupt the system yet.

It could be the closest thing to the perfect system of government that everybody is looking for. Tremendous opportunity for big or small business combined with fairness in recognizing the social needs of the people. Take away either and it would begin to fail. Americans should know by now, but even the poor, the downtrodden, and the middle class aren't able to express it.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:39:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 7:22:39 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/5/2014 4:54:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We are ranked 46th in healthcare. Iran and China have more efficient systems. And the best systems are closer to socialism than ACA is.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com...

Unless you show a logical, coherent argument, this isn't persuasive.

Where have you been?!?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 12:07:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 7:27:29 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 10:57:53 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
In socialism, government asserts that it is the rightful owner of" the means of production.," as socialism would say. By asserting that you have the right to demand what I have produced, you ipso facto assert the right to make demands of the means to it, for I am the means, and you must make any demands you have be demands of me.

It is true that the ACA is not a program living down to communist ideals, but why even mention the socialism accusation when you'll neglect it so thoroughly like that OP?

However in Communism the owner of the buisness is overthrown and there is a revolution. In America we still have the the buisness owner.
You don't seem to have understood what I said.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 3:45:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 12:07:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/6/2014 7:27:29 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 10:57:53 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
In socialism, government asserts that it is the rightful owner of" the means of production.," as socialism would say. By asserting that you have the right to demand what I have produced, you ipso facto assert the right to make demands of the means to it, for I am the means, and you must make any demands you have be demands of me.

It is true that the ACA is not a program living down to communist ideals, but why even mention the socialism accusation when you'll neglect it so thoroughly like that OP?

However in Communism the owner of the buisness is overthrown and there is a revolution. In America we still have the the buisness owner.
You don't seem to have understood what I said.

Sorry I misread that.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Actionsspeak
Posts: 185
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 4:09:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 7:28:22 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/6/2014 12:23:59 AM, Actionsspeak wrote:
At 3/5/2014 3:35:23 PM, BobTurner wrote:
The ACA is socialist, communist, fascist, treacherous and needs to be repealed.

On a conventional political spectrum the ACA moves the U.S. to the left wing and therefore closer to fascism, communism, and socialism. However it doesn't need to be repealed before it even takes effect, in theory it's a much better system.

Fascism and Communism is two completely different things.

Obviously they are, but fascism, communism, and socialism all have a similiar feature. They are large government controlled are often corrupted and eventually ruin the life of the average citizen, the ACA does take a step to the conventional spectrum's left wing.

http://m.youtube.com...
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 10:04:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/6/2014 11:39:12 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 3/5/2014 7:22:39 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/5/2014 4:54:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
We are ranked 46th in healthcare. Iran and China have more efficient systems. And the best systems are closer to socialism than ACA is.

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com...

Unless you show a logical, coherent argument, this isn't persuasive.

Where have you been?!?

I've been here, I just haven't posted in the forums that much. But I'm glad that someone noticed my absence :)
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 10:15:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/5/2014 10:57:53 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
In socialism, government asserts that it is the rightful owner of" the means of production.," as socialism would say. By asserting that you have the right to demand what I have produced, you ipso facto assert the right to make demands of the means to it, for I am the means, and you must make any demands you have be demands of me.

It is true that the ACA is not a program living down to communist ideals, but why even mention the socialism accusation when you'll neglect it so thoroughly like that OP?

1. Socialists don't view government as some sort of monolithic entity separate from the reach of the people... at least, not in a socialist principle.
2. " By asserting that you have the right to demand what I have produced, you ipso facto assert the right to make demands of the means to it, for I am the means, and you must make any demands you have be demands of me" is incorrect. You are not the means of production, the means of production are natural resources and tools. You are, economically, labor.

Unless you're selling your kidneys...