Jump to topic:

Are the Troops in Crimea Russian?

HuntRA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 10:25:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've been told by a numerous amount of people and media that the troops in Crimea are Russian, but many of my friends have brought up evidence that those troops are a third party and have no affiliation. I have dug a little into the subject and it turns out that the soldiers support no emblem (although they seem to favor Russia), and that Putin has repeatedly denied allegations that Russia has troops in Crimea, but they do have forces near the border.

http://en.ria.ru...

I'm just curious as to if the Troops are actually Russian, just not local militia that happen to be ethnically Russian. Any Evidence would be helpful to me.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:01:21 AM
At 3/6/2014 10:25:27 AM, HuntRA wrote:
I've been told by a numerous amount of people and media that the troops in Crimea are Russian, but many of my friends have brought up evidence that those troops are a third party and have no affiliation. I have dug a little into the subject and it turns out that the soldiers support no emblem (although they seem to favor Russia), and that Putin has repeatedly denied allegations that Russia has troops in Crimea, but they do have forces near the border.

I'm just curious as to if the Troops are actually Russian, just not local militia that happen to be ethnically Russian. Any Evidence would be helpful to me.

Many of the vehicles they are using have Russian military license plates and they are far more heavily outfitted then local civilians should be capable of. Al Qaeda isn't even that well armed. Putin has denied many things regarding this crisis. The running pattern so far is that he's been lying through his teeth time and time again and honestly nothing he says should be taken with out heavy scrutiny.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:42:11 AM

It's entirely possible they're not Russian but patriots favouring Russia, just as the other side are not favouring Russia. If not then where are the obvious majority of those that favour Russia in that region of the Ukraine.

Suspect nearly everything you hear on US television as it's obviously motivated by US propaganda. Indeed, few of them have the courage to express what they truly believe on the situation, as was evidenced by Chris Matthews just the other day.

The US is demonstating that it has a big stake in the outcome and we should all know it's not humanitarian after the slaughter of the Iraqi people on trumped up pretences and purposeful lies. So what else motivates the US?
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:45:35 AM
At 3/6/2014 11:42:11 AM, monty1 wrote:

It's entirely possible they're not Russian but patriots favouring Russia, just as the other side are not favouring Russia. If not then where are the obvious majority of those that favour Russia in that region of the Ukraine.

Suspect nearly everything you hear on US television as it's obviously motivated by US propaganda. Indeed, few of them have the courage to express what they truly believe on the situation, as was evidenced by Chris Matthews just the other day.

The US is demonstating that it has a big stake in the outcome and we should all know it's not humanitarian after the slaughter of the Iraqi people on trumped up pretences and purposeful lies. So what else motivates the US?

Personally, my information does not come from U.S. Media. However, the fact that these troops are Russian is undeniable. The evidence is overwhelming, and the only evidence to the contrary is Putins statement.

A telling factor is that these troops arrived in Russian military vehicles, with Russian plates. This was reported by am Iranian government media outlet, Iran being allied to Russia.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 11:55:02 AM
You heard about the Russian vehicles and Russian plates on US news there pot. Same place as I heard it.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 12:01:39 PM
At 3/6/2014 11:55:02 AM, monty1 wrote:
You heard about the Russian vehicles and Russian plates on US news there pot. Same place as I heard it.

I will repeat what I said. This was reported by Iranian news agencies. Iran is allied to Russia and spreads propaganda for them, notagainst them.

I do not read or view U.S. Media, I. Fact I actively avoid them. I am well aware of the political propaganda in the media, but the fact of the Russian plates is not disputable.

Second, since we are analyzing political motivations, Russia is tremendously interested in controlling Crimea. Why wouldn't they be there? The west can't touch them!

monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 12:08:48 PM
At 3/6/2014 12:01:39 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

I will repeat what I said. This was reported by Iranian news agencies. Iran is allied to Russia and spreads propaganda for them, notagainst them.

I do not read or view U.S. Media, I. Fact I actively avoid them. I am well aware of the political propaganda in the media, but the fact of the Russian plates is not disputable.

Second, since we are analyzing political motivations, Russia is tremendously interested in controlling Crimea. Why wouldn't they be there? The west can't touch them!

Iranian news agencies??? Duhhh, beam me up scottie, there's no intelligent life on this thread.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 12:11:07 PM
Russia needs to tell their Iranian friends to not blow their cover and tell Americans that the plates were Russian.

LOL.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 12:12:15 PM
At 3/6/2014 12:08:48 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/6/2014 12:01:39 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Iranian news agencies??? Duhhh, beam me up scottie, there's no intelligent life on this thread.

And what, pray tell, is wrong with me getting this information from a news agency paid to actively promote this Russian government? This proves that the s
Russian plates and vehicles were not made up by western propaganda! Russia's own allies are acknowledging that these are Russian troops.

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2014 12:37:56 PM
At 3/6/2014 12:11:07 PM, monty1 wrote:
Russia needs to tell their Iranian friends to not blow their cover and tell Americans that the plates were Russian.

LOL.

Well they didn't, and that is that. The troops in Crimea are Russian.

ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 11:08:53 AM
At 3/6/2014 11:42:11 AM, monty1 wrote:

Do you even know how full of sh!t you are?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2014 11:33:10 AM
monty1 says don't trust American news.
His evidence?
American news.

He then claims there is no intelligent life on the thread, which includes him.
At least he's being honest to himself.

LOL
My work here is, finally, done.