Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

New Political Parties

WilliamsP
Posts: 52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 6:13:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In this forum, I would like to discuss the topic of new political parties. If you could create any party you wish, what would it be called and what would it stand for? We will list these basic things and then we will discuss each other's parties' flaws and advantages.

I would like to begin with my new party: Transcendentalist Party. This party would be Conservative, Libertarian, and Progressive. The party would be based on the views of transcendentalists and abolitionists, primarily Henry David Thoreau.

Now, I am curious, what kind of parties would you create?
WilliamsP - Multilingual Liberal Atheist
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 6:28:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
National Unification Party

Type:
Post imperialism; Liberal

Platform:

The National Unification Party believes in a post imperial america. We support economic and political imperialism, on the case that it is just. We want to expand the borders of the US, and that's all I have the energy to write for now.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
WilliamsP
Posts: 52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 6:40:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The idea seems very interesting. Once you elaborate, I will tell you if I would support or oppose the party.
WilliamsP - Multilingual Liberal Atheist
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 6:41:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/8/2014 6:40:41 PM, WilliamsP wrote:
The idea seems very interesting. Once you elaborate, I will tell you if I would support or oppose the party.

I'll put more detail into it when I have more time.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Tophatdoc
Posts: 534
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 7:03:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Standard Technological Century Party
Philosophy: Futurism, Transhumanism
Politics: Revolutionary Conservatives & Classical Liberals
Motto: "There is only one future. That future belongs to us."
Objective: Focus on building a highly technological society .
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 7:26:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Juchist Part of America

Idealism: Authoritarian

Platform: Submit this weak nation to the superior guidance of our supreme leader.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 7:49:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is an interesting idea.

Voltaire Party

Ideology: Center-Right Libertarian

Platform: Overall the party advocates for the restoration of individual liberty. We should audit the Federal Reserve, and work to improve the value of the Dollar (in a sensible way). Spending should be seriously reduced, and we should have a budget surplus (to gradually pay off the national debt). Regulation should be rolled back. Taxes should be reduced and simplified. We should have a common-sense non-interventionist foreign policy, and finally we should forge coalitions between the parties to pass legislation.

And to the host, how can a party be Progressive, Conservative, and Libertarian?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 8:20:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Managing Incompetence Party

Ideology: People are stupid, and their ineptitude must be managed.

Platform: Bad decisions hurt everyone. Let us manage your choices, so you make good choices for yourself and everyone else.

Practical application:

"I'm young and healthy and don't need health insurance." ==> You're an idiot who doesn't know what's best for you. Don't be an idiot, and vote for us. We'll make sure you have insurance.

"I'm entitled to spend my money that I earn the way I want. Retirement can wait!" ==> You're an idiot who doesn't know what's best for you. Don't be an idiot, and vote for us. We'll make sure you don't squander your future.

"I don't want the gubbment takin' away my guns. The NRA says I have a right to them!" ==> You're an idiot who doesn't know what's best for you. Don't be an idiot, and vote for us. We'll make sure you have the training and safety education to ensure that you don't leave your gun laying out for your young children to accidentally die because of.

"I want to eat McDonalds because it tastes good!" ==> You're an idiot who doesn't know what's best for you. Don't be an idiot, and vote for us. Remember, you have health care now! We can work with you to prevent that heart disease by managing what you eat, so you don't die before you turn 30.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 8:22:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/8/2014 7:03:25 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:
The Standard Technological Century Party
Philosophy: Futurism, Transhumanism
Politics: Revolutionary Conservatives & Classical Liberals
Motto: "There is only one future. That future belongs to us."
Objective: Focus on building a highly technological society .

This sounds like the kind of party whose rallies would be conducive to a lot of drugs. I think if I were to attend, I'd definitely do a lot of drugs before going.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 8:23:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/8/2014 6:28:43 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
National Unification Party

Type:
Post imperialism; Liberal

Platform:

The National Unification Party believes in a post imperial america. We support economic and political imperialism, on the case that it is just. We want to expand the borders of the US, and that's all I have the energy to write for now.

Good luck with that... lol.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 8:30:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/8/2014 7:49:08 PM, Contra wrote:
This is an interesting idea.

Voltaire Party

Ideology: Center-Right Libertarian

Quacks...

Platform: Overall the party advocates for the restoration of individual liberty.

As if it were ever lost... that's why I can't take Libertarians seriously. They lament a personal liberty's nonexistent plight as if it means something.

We should audit the Federal Reserve, and work to improve the value of the Dollar (in a sensible way).

Because the dollar is in real jeopardy, right? Hogwash.

Spending should be seriously reduced, and we should have a budget surplus (to gradually pay off the national debt).

So, just "spending" generally, and not specific provisions? And if the national debt is such a bad thing, why hasn't our world imploded yet?

Regulation should be rolled back.

Regulation on what? You mean the regulation that ensures workers' safety? That protects workers from being exploited? That establishes a set work week? That guarantees certain benefits for work?

Regulations are what made us a post-industrial nation -and that is a good thing, which you have benefited from, even if you can't see it.

Taxes should be reduced and simplified.

I agree that they should be simplified, but the statement that taxes should be reduced... now that, I'm skeptical of. Whose taxes? All taxes? Some taxes? Taxes on wealthy people? On corporations? I think not.

We should have a common-sense non-interventionist foreign policy, and finally we should forge coalitions between the parties to pass legislation.

There is no such thing as a "common sense" foreign policy that is noninterventionistic.

And to the host, how can a party be Progressive, Conservative, and Libertarian?

With a high degree of cognitive dissonance? lol
Tophatdoc
Posts: 534
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 8:33:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/8/2014 8:22:44 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/8/2014 7:03:25 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:
The Standard Technological Century Party
Philosophy: Futurism, Transhumanism
Politics: Revolutionary Conservatives & Classical Liberals
Motto: "There is only one future. That future belongs to us."
Objective: Focus on building a highly technological society .

This sounds like the kind of party whose rallies would be conducive to a lot of drugs. I think if I were to attend, I'd definitely do a lot of drugs before going.
Drugs???
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 8:33:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/8/2014 7:03:25 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:
The Standard Technological Century Party
Philosophy: Futurism, Transhumanism
Politics: Revolutionary Conservatives & Classical Liberals
Motto: "There is only one future. That future belongs to us."
Objective: Focus on building a highly technological society .

Join the Vanu Sovereignty.
0x5f3759df
Tophatdoc
Posts: 534
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2014 8:36:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/8/2014 8:33:30 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 3/8/2014 7:03:25 PM, Tophatdoc wrote:
The Standard Technological Century Party
Philosophy: Futurism, Transhumanism
Politics: Revolutionary Conservatives & Classical Liberals
Motto: "There is only one future. That future belongs to us."
Objective: Focus on building a highly technological society .

Join the Vanu Sovereignty.

What is that?
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 5:25:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/8/2014 8:30:04 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/8/2014 7:49:08 PM, Contra wrote:
This is an interesting idea.

Voltaire Party

Ideology: Center-Right Libertarian

Quacks...

Haha.

Platform: Overall the party advocates for the restoration of individual liberty.

As if it were ever lost... that's why I can't take Libertarians seriously. They lament a personal liberty's nonexistent plight as if it means something.

The NSA is collecting metadata on all of our telephone calls. Our civil liberties are being violated through the PATRIOT ACT (illegal wiretapping, access of library records, etc). We have our soldiers dying overseas (admittedly, no longer in Iraq), while we are harming our foreign relations by (1) outwardly supporting Israel, (2) trying to police the world with our hundreds of international military bases, and (3) targeting innocent citizens.

People are imprisoned for victimless crimes, such as prostitution and drug consumption/ production/ distribution. The War on Drugs also makes these drugs more harmful and harms ethnic minorities.

The death penalty allows criminals to escape their due punishment, and costs taxpayers dearly.

All I can think of at the moment.

We should audit the Federal Reserve, and work to improve the value of the Dollar (in a sensible way).

Because the dollar is in real jeopardy, right? Hogwash.

The cost for goods and services have continually risen over time, and while wages have also, this combination makes imports more expensive (constitute a significant share of our economy), and harms the poor (more expensive products/ services).

Also, quantitative easing not only is subsidizing the large financial firms (and their wealthy employees), but is only re-inflating the economy, distorting interest rates, and setting up another bubble, even though the economy still needs to liquidate its debt.

Spending should be seriously reduced, and we should have a budget surplus (to gradually pay off the national debt).

So, just "spending" generally, and not specific provisions?

I could give you specific provisions. How about farm subsidies, some of our international military spending, foreign aid to nations that oppose us, programs that restrict the supply of food (price controls), job training programs (ineffective), housing subsidy programs (fosters dependence, crime, and urban sprawl), K12 education subsidies (micromanaging the schools hasn't seemed to work), the DoE (the private sector can fund financially-sound investments; preserve several components of the DoE), among other things.

And if the national debt is such a bad thing, why hasn't our world imploded yet?

Faulty analogy, I think you were being sarcastic. Tobacco is a bad thing, that doesn't mean the world has to implode simply to prove my point.

Regulation should be rolled back.

Regulation on what? You mean the regulation that ensures workers' safety? That protects workers from being exploited? That establishes a set work week? That guarantees certain benefits for work?

I support environmental and workplace safety regulation.

I do not support regulation which mandates which products must be used and where (the DoE regulates businesses in this way, for instance, to purchase American made goods). Nor most health insurance regulation which raises on net our health care costs by $169 billion. Nor the web of red tape associated with Medicare.

Regulations are what made us a post-industrial nation -and that is a good thing, which you have benefited from, even if you can't see it.

Taxes should be reduced and simplified.

I agree that they should be simplified, but the statement that taxes should be reduced... now that, I'm skeptical of. Whose taxes? All taxes? Some taxes? Taxes on wealthy people? On corporations? I think not.

You want detail, so I'll give you my personal view.

Implement a two-stage flat tax, let's through out two rates, 5% and 15%. Tax all income equally, and eliminate the corporate income tax. Or only tax labor income and leave the corporate income tax at an equivalent rate.

We should have a common-sense non-interventionist foreign policy, and finally we should forge coalitions between the parties to pass legislation.

There is no such thing as a "common sense" foreign policy that is noninterventionistic.

We could stop antagonizing the people of the world with our foreign escapades. Perhaps we could work on securing our national defense and restoring our prosperity, while focusing on al Qaeda " instead of having our military occupy nations which don't want us there.

And to the host, how can a party be Progressive, Conservative, and Libertarian?

With a high degree of cognitive dissonance? lol

I concur.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 5:42:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/8/2014 6:28:43 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
National Unification Party

Type:
Post imperialism; Liberal

Platform:

The National Unification Party believes in a post imperial america. We support economic and political imperialism, on the case that it is just. We want to expand the borders of the US, and that's all I have the energy to write for now.

Sounds more like nationalism.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 5:54:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Neo-Spartan Party
Far, Far Right

Platform Beliefs:
American Nationalism, Militarism (Conscription of every able-bodied male, creation of state-sponsored militias), government programs to increase population growth, debt payment.

I'd basically turn America into a giant military nation with an army of 100 million men.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 5:57:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 5:54:38 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Neo-Spartan Party
Far, Far Right

Platform Beliefs:
American Nationalism, Militarism (Conscription of every able-bodied male, creation of state-sponsored militias), government programs to increase population growth, debt payment.

I'd basically turn America into a giant military nation with an army of 100 million men.

And every American would learn in school to bow to the great clown leader!
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2014 7:12:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2014 5:25:21 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/8/2014 8:30:04 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/8/2014 7:49:08 PM, Contra wrote:
This is an interesting idea.

Voltaire Party

Ideology: Center-Right Libertarian

Quacks...

Haha.

Platform: Overall the party advocates for the restoration of individual liberty.

As if it were ever lost... that's why I can't take Libertarians seriously. They lament a personal liberty's nonexistent plight as if it means something.

The NSA is collecting metadata on all of our telephone calls. Our civil liberties are being violated through the PATRIOT ACT (illegal wiretapping, access of library records, etc). We have our soldiers dying overseas (admittedly, no longer in Iraq), while we are harming our foreign relations by (1) outwardly supporting Israel, (2) trying to police the world with our hundreds of international military bases, and (3) targeting innocent citizens.

People are imprisoned for victimless crimes, such as prostitution and drug consumption/ production/ distribution. The War on Drugs also makes these drugs more harmful and harms ethnic minorities.

The death penalty allows criminals to escape their due punishment, and costs taxpayers dearly.

All I can think of at the moment.

We should audit the Federal Reserve, and work to improve the value of the Dollar (in a sensible way).

Because the dollar is in real jeopardy, right? Hogwash.

The cost for goods and services have continually risen over time, and while wages have also, this combination makes imports more expensive (constitute a significant share of our economy), and harms the poor (more expensive products/ services).

Also, quantitative easing not only is subsidizing the large financial firms (and their wealthy employees), but is only re-inflating the economy, distorting interest rates, and setting up another bubble, even though the economy still needs to liquidate its debt.

Spending should be seriously reduced, and we should have a budget surplus (to gradually pay off the national debt).

So, just "spending" generally, and not specific provisions?

I could give you specific provisions. How about farm subsidies, some of our international military spending, foreign aid to nations that oppose us, programs that restrict the supply of food (price controls), job training programs (ineffective), housing subsidy programs (fosters dependence, crime, and urban sprawl), K12 education subsidies (micromanaging the schools hasn't seemed to work), the DoE (the private sector can fund financially-sound investments; preserve several components of the DoE), among other things.

And if the national debt is such a bad thing, why hasn't our world imploded yet?

Faulty analogy, I think you were being sarcastic. Tobacco is a bad thing, that doesn't mean the world has to implode simply to prove my point.

The thing about debt is that eventually you have to pay it back.
There are currently slightly less than 320 million people in the United States. The national debt consists of more than 17 trillion dollars. So guess what: to pay off that debt each citizen would need to give $50,000 dollars. Many people don't make that much in a year! But guess what: it's still growing, with no end to its growth in sight. Eventually it'll be literally impossible to pay off that debt.

Regulation should be rolled back.

Regulation on what? You mean the regulation that ensures workers' safety? That protects workers from being exploited? That establishes a set work week? That guarantees certain benefits for work?

I support environmental and workplace safety regulation.

I do not support regulation which mandates which products must be used and where (the DoE regulates businesses in this way, for instance, to purchase American made goods). Nor most health insurance regulation which raises on net our health care costs by $169 billion. Nor the web of red tape associated with Medicare.

Regulations are what made us a post-industrial nation -and that is a good thing, which you have benefited from, even if you can't see it.

Taxes should be reduced and simplified.

I agree that they should be simplified, but the statement that taxes should be reduced... now that, I'm skeptical of. Whose taxes? All taxes? Some taxes? Taxes on wealthy people? On corporations? I think not.

You want detail, so I'll give you my personal view.

Implement a two-stage flat tax, let's through out two rates, 5% and 15%. Tax all income equally, and eliminate the corporate income tax. Or only tax labor income and leave the corporate income tax at an equivalent rate.

We should have a common-sense non-interventionist foreign policy, and finally we should forge coalitions between the parties to pass legislation.

There is no such thing as a "common sense" foreign policy that is noninterventionistic.

We could stop antagonizing the people of the world with our foreign escapades. Perhaps we could work on securing our national defense and restoring our prosperity, while focusing on al Qaeda " instead of having our military occupy nations which don't want us there.

And to the host, how can a party be Progressive, Conservative, and Libertarian?

With a high degree of cognitive dissonance? lol

I concur.