Jump to topic:

Colonization

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:01:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Alright, I am starting a new game, but this time I am doing it right. The game will be called colonization, and it will be a semi role playing/strategy game. I will be creating the map and further developing it, but here is a brief explanation on the concept.

Colonization

Players will play as a fictitious company, hired by their country to colonize a new found continent in the pacific (Don't ask me how). The goal of the game is to become the most successful and richest colony on the continent, through capitalism or warfare. It will be better explained when the rules are done, but is anybody interested now? Oh, and the continent is called Artiman, and feel free to change the company name.

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Australia Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

South African Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:23:37 PM
At 3/14/2014 10:01:24 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Alright, I am starting a new game, but this time I am doing it right. The game will be called colonization, and it will be a semi role playing/strategy game. I will be creating the map and further developing it, but here is a brief explanation on the concept.

Colonization

Players will play as a fictitious company, hired by their country to colonize a new found continent in the pacific (Don't ask me how). The goal of the game is to become the most successful and richest colony on the continent, through capitalism or warfare. It will be better explained when the rules are done, but is anybody interested now? Oh, and the continent is called Artiman, and feel free to change the company name.

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

If I pick Britain, can I call it the British East India Company?
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:24:22 PM
At 3/14/2014 10:23:37 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Colonization

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

If I pick Britain, can I call it the British East India Company?

No, not in India or is it east. Do not clog this forum also, please.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2014 10:24:35 PM

Colonization

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

Bump
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 12:19:29 PM

Colonization

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

I'm interested in finding out what motivates you. You go first and then if it's worth following up I will. I suspect you want to put US style capitalism to the test. Yes/No?
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 2:30:58 PM
At 3/15/2014 12:19:29 PM, monty1 wrote:

Colonization

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

I'm interested in finding out what motivates you. You go first and then if it's worth following up I will. I suspect you want to put US style capitalism to the test. Yes/No?

WTF are you talking about?
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 2:42:30 PM
I was trying to help you get this topic going. Either follow up on what I suggested or I'll just leave you to go back to being largely ignored.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 2:45:51 PM
At 3/15/2014 2:42:30 PM, monty1 wrote:
I was trying to help you get this topic going. Either follow up on what I suggested or I'll just leave you to go back to being largely ignored.

Goodbye sir Monty
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 2:48:28 PM

Colonization

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

What is the technological level of this game? Is it like the 1800s? Modern day?

P.S. If it's in the modern day, the UN would prevent nations and/or corporations from stripping resources out of this continent. The UN would probably protect it from exploitation, at least for a little while. There'd be surveys to explore the land and discover all the new animal and plant species and to check out its natural resources.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 2:49:14 PM
At 3/15/2014 2:48:28 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Colonization

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

P.S. If it's in the modern day, the UN would prevent nations and/or corporations from stripping resources out of this continent. The UN would probably protect it from exploitation, at least for a little while. There'd be explorations to explore the land and discover all the new animal and plant species and to check out its natural resources.

Fixed
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 2:50:09 PM
At 3/15/2014 2:49:14 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

Colonization

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

P.S. If it's in the modern day, the UN would prevent nations and/or corporations from stripping resources out of this continent. The UN would probably protect it from exploitation, at least for a little while. There'd be explorations to explore the land and discover all the new animal and plant species and to check out its natural resources.

Fixed

*Jifpop09 nukes the UN headquarters*
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:27:32 PM
At 3/15/2014 2:50:09 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Colonization

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

Fixed

Can I join as a native tribe?
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:28:06 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:27:32 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/15/2014 2:50:09 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Colonization

Us Artiman Company:

Russian Artiman Company:

China Artiman Company:

French Artiman Company:

British Artiman Company:

Saudi Artiman Company:

Dutch Artiman Company:

Brazil Artiman Company:

Turkish Artiman Company:

Fixed

Can I join as a native tribe?

I'm not sure people are even going to join
CaptainLucid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2014 1:01:39 AM
Ever played Colonization by Sid Meyer? Based on Europe and America. Has national modifiers like England gets an immigration bonus the Dutch get trade bonuses. It could be interesting to modernize it. Perhaps rename the companies BP, Monsanto, McDonalds, OPEC and options to incite terror, rig an election, bribe officials and stuff like that.