Jump to topic:

Top Political Priorities

ConservativeLibertarian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 2:51:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What are your current top political priorities?

I'll get this started with mine:

1. Combat Income Inequality
2. Address anthropogenic climate change
3. Revamp the War on Poverty
4. Eliminate discrimination and ensure universal human rights -- including women's rights, gay rights, and minority rights
5. Fair and transparent elections, which can only be accomplished by banning private campaign donations and overturning Citizens United v. The Fec
6. Restore sane amounts of regulation to prevent the financial system from imploding
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 5:50:38 PM
At 3/15/2014 2:51:50 PM, ConservativeLibertarian wrote:

4. Eliminate discrimination and ensure universal human rights -- including women's rights, gay rights, and minority rights
5. Fair and transparent elections, which can only be accomplished by banning private campaign donations and overturning Citizens United v. The Fec
6. Restore sane amounts of regulation to prevent the financial system from imploding

Combat income inequality! Fix that and everything else will be taken care of by empowered citizens.

The political right is feeling threatened because their benefactors are threatened. Americans came close to the point at which they would start fighting back to regain a piece of the pie. That was hijacked by the tea baggers under the guise of America going broke, as well as a few other fictitious excuses. And of course it's now common knowledge that the tea baggers themselves were conned into supporting those they should have considered their enemies. For instance, the Koch brothers who are among the 1%. The real cause of the people's problems to begin with.

Fixing income inequality is going to be a much harder job after Obama. It won't be one of Hillary Clinton's priorities, and if not her, then who? On the up side, tea baggery will become redundant when the racist cause is gone. They will revert back to being leftists for the most part, along with a few that will return to libertarian bent.

Also on the up side, Rand Paul will be defused.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 6:54:24 PM
At 3/15/2014 5:50:38 PM, monty1 wrote:

Combat income inequality! Fix that and everything else will be taken care of by empowered citizens.

The political right is feeling threatened because their benefactors are threatened. Americans came close to the point at which they would start fighting back to regain a piece of the pie. That was hijacked by the tea baggers under the guise of America going broke, as well as a few other fictitious excuses. And of course it's now common knowledge that the tea baggers themselves were conned into supporting those they should have considered their enemies. For instance, the Koch brothers who are among the 1%. The real cause of the people's problems to begin with.

Fixing income inequality is going to be a much harder job after Obama. It won't be one of Hillary Clinton's priorities, and if not her, then who? On the up side, tea baggery will become redundant when the racist cause is gone. They will revert back to being leftists for the most part, along with a few that will return to libertarian bent.

Wait are you seriously this ignorant? You think that the Tea Party is a race fueled group?
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:26:55 PM
At 3/15/2014 6:54:24 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Wait are you seriously this ignorant? You think that the Tea Party is a race fueled group?

Did you see how many Tea Partiers were holding signs about "a lyin' African in the White House?"

I agree with him that the Tea Party, to some effect, is a racist group, but I don't think it began that way, and I don't think it extends to all Tea Partiers. Of course, there are a lot of red flags: the fact that Sarah Palin suggested that Obama wanted to bring back slavery; her "he isn't like us" campaign and sympathy with birtherism; the past of both Ron and Rand Paul (newsletters for Ron and his opposition to the Civil Rights Act; for Rand, we have his opposition to the Civil Rights Act, Howard University appearance, his affiliation to the "Southern Avenger," etc.).

But the point is, ignorance and racism tend to go hand-in-hand, and there isn't any doubt at all that the Tea Party is largely predicated on ignorance. Would you dispute that?
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:30:33 PM
But anyway, my political priorities are as follows:

1. Ban gay marriage.
2. Allow business owners to discriminate against gay people.
3. Elect Rick Santorum as President, and Alan Keyes as his Vice President
4. Impose Christianity as a national religion
5. Profit?? I didn't think I'd get this far.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:30:37 PM
At 3/15/2014 7:26:55 PM, BobTurner wrote:

Did you see how many Tea Partiers were holding signs about "a lyin' African in the White House?"

I agree with him that the Tea Party, to some effect, is a racist group, but I don't think it began that way, and I don't think it extends to all Tea Partiers. Of course, there are a lot of red flags: the fact that Sarah Palin suggested that Obama wanted to bring back slavery; her "he isn't like us" campaign and sympathy with birtherism; the past of both Ron and Rand Paul (newsletters for Ron and his opposition to the Civil Rights Act; for Rand, we have his opposition to the Civil Rights Act, Howard University appearance, his affiliation to the "Southern Avenger," etc.).

But the point is, ignorance and racism tend to go hand-in-hand, and there isn't any doubt at all that the Tea Party is largely predicated on ignorance. Would you dispute that?

Yes I would dispute that. The Tea Party is not predicated on ignorance at all.

A few points:

1. There are racist Tea Party members yes. There are racist democrats and communists and Republicans and Independents but that doesn't make an organization racist. To be a racist organization a large majority of the members have to be openly racist or the organization has to be founded on racial principles like the KKK or Black Panthers.

2. I want pictures of these so called signs from big name news sources so we know they aren't photoshopped and the articles that they will surely be attached to.

3. Obama and the Democrats milked the race card all the way to moon and back and you're shocked when some people on the opposition try to do the same?

But the Tea Party isn't an ignorant group nor is it a racist one. And I will gladly challenge you to a debate on the subject.
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:33:36 PM
At 3/15/2014 7:30:37 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

A few points:

1. There are racist Tea Party members yes. There are racist democrats and communists and Republicans and Independents but that doesn't make an organization racist. To be a racist organization a large majority of the members have to be openly racist or the organization has to be founded on racial principles like the KKK or Black Panthers.

Truth, but can you really draw such an equivalency?
2. I want pictures of these so called signs from big name news sources so we know they aren't photoshopped and the articles that they will surely be attached to.

Here's a good link for you: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Google images pretty much gets the job done, but this provides an array of articles.

3. Obama and the Democrats milked the race card all the way to moon and back and you're shocked when some people on the opposition try to do the same?

Obama milked the race card? When? When he said "if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin?" Seriously, where do you get this crap lol.

But the Tea Party isn't an ignorant group nor is it a racist one. And I will gladly challenge you to a debate on the subject.

I'd love to debate you on this, but sadly I spend too much time trolling (and studying, to be honest -- college sucks man) to find time for a debate.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:37:46 PM
At 3/15/2014 7:33:36 PM, BobTurner wrote:

A few points:

Google images pretty much gets the job done, but this provides an array of articles.

Obama milked the race card? When? When he said "if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin?" Seriously, where do you get this crap lol.

I'd love to debate you on this, but sadly I spend too much time trolling (and studying, to be honest -- college sucks man) to find time for a debate.

We can trade racist jokes, comments etc that come from both parties, it would really get us nowhere.

But here's an article about Obama's use of the race card recently: http://newsbusters.org...

Also, that article you sent me I saw one racist joke and some leftist posturing about how the Tea Party might be racist but no hard facts.

And I hear you, I'm also in college.
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:46:29 PM
At 3/15/2014 7:37:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

A few points:

We can trade racist jokes, comments etc that come from both parties, it would really get us nowhere.

But here's an article about Obama's use of the race card recently: http://newsbusters.org...

Also, that article you sent me I saw one racist joke and some leftist posturing about how the Tea Party might be racist but no hard facts.

There were a few articles there. To be honest, I didn't read through them myself, which is pretty bad, but if I had some more time, I'd be able to find a few. I think the examples from Palin and Paul, two leaders of the movement, are the most relevant to look at.

We could review insults from both sides, but I can't even think of any racist comments from Dems. Yeah, Harry Reid and Joe Biden have put their feet in their mouths before -- I don't think that makes either of them racist, to be honest -- but I don't think there are too many other examples.

As for the article you cited: I don't think that's the race card, actually. He said that some people don't like him because he's black, which is almost indisputably true. He then even said that some people like him only because he's black. I think it would be playing the race card if he said, "People who dislike me only dislike me because I'm black."
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:49:03 PM
At 3/15/2014 7:46:29 PM, BobTurner wrote:

A few points:

There were a few articles there. To be honest, I didn't read through them myself, which is pretty bad, but if I had some more time, I'd be able to find a few. I think the examples from Palin and Paul, two leaders of the movement, are the most relevant to look at.

We could review insults from both sides, but I can't even think of any racist comments from Dems. Yeah, Harry Reid and Joe Biden have put their feet in their mouths before -- I don't think that makes either of them racist, to be honest -- but I don't think there are too many other examples.

As for the article you cited: I don't think that's the race card, actually. He said that some people don't like him because he's black, which is almost indisputably true. He then even said that some people like him only because he's black. I think it would be playing the race card if he said, "People who dislike me only dislike me because I'm black."

The race card is using your race as an excuse for things. Like or dislike has no bearing on the use of that type of rhetoric.

As for not even be able to think of racist comments from Democrats you must be blind lol

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I"m not joking!" " Joe Biden, Vice President
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:52:03 PM
At 3/15/2014 7:49:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

A few points:

The race card is using your race as an excuse for things. Like or dislike has no bearing on the use of that type of rhetoric.

As for not even be able to think of racist comments from Democrats you must be blind lol

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I"m not joking!" " Joe Biden, Vice President

I pointed out that you'd find one from Biden lol. Again, I don't even see that as racist -- it could even be called an observation -- but I do acknowledge that it was dumb to say. You won't catch me defending Biden.

And, I don't think Obama was using his race as an excuse. He even counter-balanced it with a negative, but we can agree to disagree on this.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 7:53:33 PM
At 3/15/2014 7:52:03 PM, BobTurner wrote:

I pointed out that you'd find one from Biden lol. Again, I don't even see that as racist -- it could even be called an observation -- but I do acknowledge that it was dumb to say. You won't catch me defending Biden.

And, I don't think Obama was using his race as an excuse. He even counter-balanced it with a negative, but we can agree to disagree on this.

Don't take offense at this but it is nice to talk to a well mannered, well spoken Democrat (or someone who obviously leans Democrat). Most of the time they go into a fit of spitting rage and conversation becomes impossible.
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 8:00:11 PM
At 3/15/2014 7:53:33 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Don't take offense at this but it is nice to talk to a well mannered, well spoken Democrat (or someone who obviously leans Democrat). Most of the time they go into a fit of spitting rage and conversation becomes impossible.

Haha, no offense taken. I'll say it right back: it's great to talk to a well-mannered and well-spoken conservative, or Tea Party sympathizer.

Also, my profile says I'm apparently a Rick Santorum supporter. So who knows where I stand? haha.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 8:02:10 PM
At 3/15/2014 8:00:11 PM, BobTurner wrote:

Haha, no offense taken. I'll say it right back: it's great to talk to a well-mannered and well-spoken conservative, or Tea Party sympathizer.

Also, my profile says I'm apparently a Rick Santorum supporter. So who knows where I stand? haha.

Mysterious, I like it lol

Politics is too much insults and yelling and refusing to talk to people who disagree with you. It's one of our biggest problems as a nation right now.
BobTurner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2014 8:11:44 PM
At 3/15/2014 8:02:10 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/15/2014 8:00:11 PM, BobTurner wrote:

Mysterious, I like it lol

Politics is too much insults and yelling and refusing to talk to people who disagree with you. It's one of our biggest problems as a nation right now.

Well, I can't disagree with you there, though I may have a different view of the central force behind it, which I do think is Fox News, the Tea Party, etc.