Jump to topic:

Conservatives support Russia

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 6:26:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have noticed a lot over the radio and TV, conservatives that actually are supporting Russia. I have no idea why, but I have noticed it quite a bit. I have come up with a few resolutions, but I am interested in hearing others. Right now, Russia is the rightest of any developed nation, and has some of the worst freedom indexes in the world, and not to mention corruption, so it beats me why people talk about the place like heaven on earth.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 8:36:52 PM
The government currently in charge of the Ukraine is illegitimate. If you truly support democracy, you can't sanction the removal of the president from office the way it happened. You have to support the use of the ballot box to fix your problems, not mob rule. Russia's support of the exiled Ukrainian president is actually legally correct.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2014 9:59:39 PM
At 3/17/2014 8:36:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The government currently in charge of the Ukraine is illegitimate. If you truly support democracy, you can't sanction the removal of the president from office the way it happened. You have to support the use of the ballot box to fix your problems, not mob rule. Russia's support of the exiled Ukrainian president is actually legally correct.

You're right! But that's not the reason. It's Obama hate coupled with the fact that Americans are such hypocrites that they support their party's presidents wars and oppose the other party's.

As with Kosovo where they were coincidentally on the right side by not supporting it but the real reason why was because it was Clinton's war.

And then the real peach to prove the theory was when they supported Bush2's Iraq war which everyone except
* tophatdoc now understand was a complete phony war based on lies.

*and Cheney
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 10:34:18 AM

And of that democratically elected official causes the deaths of hundreds of people should he still be allowed to carry out the remainder of his term? Can you imagine if that happened in the US what we would do with that president?
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 10:35:22 AM
At 3/17/2014 9:59:39 PM, monty1 wrote:

You're right! But that's not the reason. It's Obama hate coupled with the fact that Americans are such hypocrites that they support their party's presidents wars and oppose the other party's.

As with Kosovo where they were coincidentally on the right side by not supporting it but the real reason why was because it was Clinton's war.

And then the real peach to prove the theory was when they supported Bush2's Iraq war which everyone except
* tophatdoc now understand was a complete phony war based on lies.

*and Cheney

I'd do this piece by piece but it's easier just to say all the above is utter BS.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 10:44:38 AM
At 3/18/2014 10:34:18 AM, ararmer1919 wrote:

And of that democratically elected official causes the deaths of hundreds of people should he still be allowed to carry out the remainder of his term? Can you imagine if that happened in the US what we would do with that president?

Can you cite where the "deaths of hundreds" occurred?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 11:55:52 AM
At 3/17/2014 6:26:45 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have noticed a lot over the radio and TV, conservatives that actually are supporting Russia. I have no idea why, but I have noticed it quite a bit. I have come up with a few resolutions, but I am interested in hearing others. Right now, Russia is the rightest of any developed nation, and has some of the worst freedom indexes in the world, and not to mention corruption, so it beats me why people talk about the place like heaven on earth.

Angry ignorant white people support Russia's homophobic laws, because they like the cultural conservatism. So, the degree of empathy that comes from their shared values inherent within cultural conservatism are stroked when the Russian Duma pass a law that essentially criminalizes homosexuality.

Russia is a petrochemical mafia state, wholly lacking in legitimacy and Vladimir Putin is a malevolent thug.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 12:12:35 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

"MOSCOW (AP) " President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday fiercely defended Russia's move to annex Crimea, saying the rights of ethnic Russians have been abused by the new Ukrainian government.

In a televised address to the nation, he said Crimea's vote Sunday to join Russia was in line with international law, reflecting its right for self-determination.

To back the claim, he pointed to Kosovo's independence bid from Serbia " supported by the West and opposed by Russia " and said that Crimea's secession from Ukraine repeats Ukraine's own secession from the Soviet Union in 1991."

It's a done deal and the US led illegal action in Kosovo sealed it by supplying a precedent. And along with that it's being pulled off extra easily because the rabid right in the US side with Putin mainly because of Obama hate.

Way ta go Vlad!
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 12:48:46 PM
At 3/18/2014 11:55:52 AM, YYW wrote:

Angry ignorant white people support Russia's homophobic laws, because they like the cultural conservatism. So, the degree of empathy that comes from their shared values inherent within cultural conservatism are stroked when the Russian Duma pass a law that essentially criminalizes homosexuality.

Russia is a petrochemical mafia state, wholly lacking in legitimacy and Vladimir Putin is a malevolent thug.

Conservatives are culturally homophobic?

I do hope your use of "angry white people" cannot be interchanged with conservatives.
Nolite Timere
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 12:50:39 PM
At 3/18/2014 12:48:46 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Social conservatives are, yes.

I do hope your use of "angry white people" cannot be interchanged with conservatives.

Not just "angry white people" but "ignorant angry white people."
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 12:53:32 PM
At 3/18/2014 12:50:39 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm socially conservative and I'm certainly not homophobic.

I don't like the generalization. Maybe your typical ignorant redneck but definitely not social conservatives in general.
Nolite Timere
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:12:36 PM
At 3/18/2014 12:53:32 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

I don't like the generalization. Maybe your typical ignorant redneck but definitely not social conservatives in general.

I could agree that social conservatives aren't homophobic if they could offer an acceptable reason for not recognizing homosexuals as equals in all respects. That would include gay marriage and a reason to oppose it that wasn't based on religious beliefs. The reason being, it's unconstitutional for Americans to impose religious beliefs upon others.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:36:08 PM
At 3/18/2014 1:12:36 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/18/2014 12:53:32 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

I could agree that social conservatives aren't homophobic if they could offer an acceptable reason for not recognizing homosexuals as equals in all respects.

True social conservatives treat homosexuals heterosexual citizens on the same grounds as homosexual citizens. Provide one instance where social conservatives do not treat homosexuals as equals(excluding individual bigotry, which isn't actually part of the beliefs of social conservatism).

That would include gay marriage and a reason to oppose it that wasn't based on religious beliefs.

Social conservatives oppose gay marriage on the grounds that true marriage is conjugal marriage, which is a common good for society. They do not oppose gay marriage out of homophobia or bigotry.
Nolite Timere
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 1:54:57 PM

Its one thing to argue supporting a president who massacred innocent protesters, but I was talking more into their invasion of Crimea. Plus, the former president has been found to be corrupt and now hes run off and joined Russia, fighting against his own people.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 2:08:02 PM
At 3/18/2014 1:54:57 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Its one thing to argue supporting a president who massacred innocent protesters, but I was talking more into their invasion of Crimea. Plus, the former president has been found to be corrupt and now hes run off and joined Russia, fighting against his own people.

You're right on message with the propaganda stand of the US. And if you know that then you probably don't need anyone to tell you what the counterspin entails.

Briefly though: Yanukovich wasn't corrupt. His government was duly and democratically elected. The new government is illegitimate. What you term a brutal massacre of protesters was only necessary measures employed to protect the people's government. Yanukovich isn't fighting against his own people, he is representing his own people while in exile.

Don't bother arguing that because it's only the counterspin. I haven't declared it to be my position as of yet. I only feel that it's necessary to clearly delineate the sides in order to be able to form a basis for debate. I also recognize that my reply may be lacking and incomplete, because it's based on your position alone for the moment.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 2:13:18 PM
At 3/18/2014 2:08:02 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/18/2014 1:54:57 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

You're right on message with the propaganda stand of the US. And if you know that then you probably don't need anyone to tell you what the counterspin entails.

Briefly though: Yanukovich wasn't corrupt. His government was duly and democratically elected. The new government is illegitimate. What you term a brutal massacre of protesters was only necessary measures employed to protect the people's government. Yanukovich isn't fighting against his own people, he is representing his own people while in exile.

Don't bother arguing that because it's only the counterspin. I haven't declared it to be my position as of yet. I only feel that it's necessary to clearly delineate the sides in order to be able to form a basis for debate. I also recognize that my reply may be lacking and incomplete, because it's based on your position alone for the moment.

Monty, have you even researced this. There are plans written by him on how to kill protestors. Stop supporting these @ssholes.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2014 2:21:50 PM

So what do you mean by supporting Russia? And who said this and why did they say it? I need some clarification here.