Jump to topic:

Stray animals

Mr.Dink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 7:33:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At a town hall meeting Thursday, Bauer, who is running for governor in his own right now that Sanford is term-limited, said: "My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that."

Although cruel, I do see where he's coming from (only people who are on welfare and don't have jobs or do anything productive)
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 7:45:18 AM
I heard about this last night - what a nutter. And the party lets this guy speak?

And yeah, he might have some semblance of a point - but what an awful way to put it. And this wasn't even in reference to people that mooch off of the system - it was about children who receive free lunches from schools because their parents either can't afford it or are non-existent. I mean, how cruel do you have to be to say that children who can't get anything to eat should essentially be left to starve to death?
Mr.Dink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 7:54:26 AM
I agree volkov. It's entirely stupid that children should go without food because they have stupid parents. I believe those at 16 should stop receiving free lunch but under 16 should receive free lunch.

I think its a rather idiotic comment.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 7:55:10 AM
At 1/26/2010 7:54:26 AM, Mr.Dink wrote:
I agree volkov. It's entirely stupid that children should go without food because they have stupid parents. I believe those at 16 should stop receiving free lunch but under 16 should receive free lunch.

You won't get an argument from me there.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 10:31:34 AM
Why 16? Because they should have to work to get food? They're 16 year olds. What if they're doing a lot of things in school?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 11:09:53 AM
At 1/26/2010 10:31:34 AM, LeafRod wrote:
Why 16? Because they should have to work to get food? They're 16 year olds. What if they're doing a lot of things in school?

Using the principle that it is okay to with hold food and support to feckless adults that don't deserve it, but not to their innocent children then the cut off point should in theory be at the end of 'free' state funded education. After that they are adults in the education system and so should support themselves.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 11:12:07 AM
16? No, 18. That's when they are finally legally separated from their stupid parents.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 11:15:30 AM
Whose money izzat yall talkin bout?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 11:30:28 AM
At 1/26/2010 11:15:30 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Yours. The money you personally earned is being wasted on buying food for filthy little peasant children from the slums.

God, the poor make me sick, they really do. And the handicapped - they are always on the scrounge as well. And don't even get me started on the old folks.

What a pack of out-and-out w@nkers, eh?

Note to British members: Vote Tory at the next election for draconian cut-backs on essential public services such as health and education and massive tax cuts for the rich.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 12:12:55 PM

Yours, mine and Mrs Higgins at number 57.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 12:18:17 PM
At 1/26/2010 11:30:28 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Yours. The money you personally earned is being wasted on buying food for filthy little peasant children from the slums.

God, the poor make me sick, they really do. And the handicapped - they are always on the scrounge as well. And don't even get me started on the old folks.

Note to British members: Vote Tory at the next election for draconian cut-backs on essential public services such as health and education and massive tax cuts for the rich.

Vote Labour for increased spending AND lowered public services, the ongoing privatisation of the NHS, rising exam grades and falling literacy, being taken up the proverbial by Europe, rampant corruption, anti-terrorism powers being used to make sure you put the right rubbish in the right sack that will sit outside your property for weeks on end without being collected, state funded hate preachers and unchecked immigration!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 12:25:37 PM
At 1/26/2010 12:18:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Vote Labour for increased spending AND lowered public services, the ongoing privatisation of the NHS, rising exam grades and falling literacy, being taken up the proverbial by Europe, rampant corruption, anti-terrorism powers being used to make sure you put the right rubbish in the right sack that will sit outside your property for weeks on end without being collected, state funded hate preachers and unchecked immigration!

There are newspapers on sale other than the Daily Mail you know? :)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 12:28:43 PM
British people arguing with each other is funny.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
douglasfunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 12:30:31 PM

I did a lot of things in school. I managed to work. You could make the same argument about college, etc. Sorry, schooling doesn't excuse you from working in your spare time.
douglasfunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 12:33:21 PM
At 1/26/2010 11:12:07 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
16? No, 18. That's when they are finally legally separated from their stupid parents.

I disagree it doesn't cost tons of money for 3 square meals. 7.50 at my school cafeteria = 1 hour of work a day. Personally I don't think that's asking too much. Someone works one night out of the week they can pay for the week.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 12:37:14 PM

16 is an adequate age - students should be able to work and provide at least something for themselves by this age, and its usually considered "the age of responsibility," which implies a lot.

Besides, there is a big difference between providing food for starving kids, versus providing food for teens that can provide for themselves if they so choose to.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 1:26:42 PM
At 1/26/2010 12:25:37 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 1/26/2010 12:18:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

There are newspapers on sale other than the Daily Mail you know? :)

There are newspapers on sale other than the Mirror you know? :)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 1:27:39 PM
At 1/26/2010 12:28:43 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Cor blimey guv'nor if he aint careful imma gonna bop him on his noggin!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:05:03 PM
At 1/26/2010 1:27:39 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

LOL!

Leave it mate, the geezer ain't worth it, innit.
DevinKing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:17:03 PM

--This post is a joke right? Children born into poverty do not bear the blame for it. Although it is possible to break the poverty cycle at any point, it is nearly impossible. The quality of poor inner city schools makes it nearly impossible (or at least many times more difficult than 'normal') to get into college and later, to get a good job.

--Old folks and the handicapped? I think that I'm going to go puke. Please tell me that this is a joke.
After demonstrating his existence with complete certainty with the proposition "I think, therefore I am", Descartes walks into a bar, sitting next to a gorgeous priest. The priest asks Descartes, "Would you like a drink?" Descartes responds, "I think not," and then proceeds to vanish in a puff of illogic.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:17:17 PM
At 1/26/2010 2:05:03 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 1/26/2010 1:27:39 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

LOL!

Leave it mate, the geezer ain't worth it, innit.

Apples and pears... me old china tea cup... erm... sorry... went a bit funny there!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:21:58 PM
At 1/26/2010 2:17:03 PM, DevinKing wrote:

--This post is a joke right?
Yes, he's poking fun at me. He's a commie.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:31:10 PM

--This post is a joke right? Children born into poverty do not bear the blame for it. Although it is possible to break the poverty cycle at any point, it is nearly impossible. The quality of poor inner city schools makes it nearly impossible (or at least many times more difficult than 'normal') to get into college and later, to get a good job.

--Old folks and the handicapped? I think that I'm going to go puke. Please tell me that this is a joke.

Yes, it was a joke! If you check my profile you'll see I'm actually left-wing, although not a "commie" as R_R describes me above!

B/T/W R_R, we were not poking fun at you, just engaging in a little Cockney banter, although neither of us are Cockneys ourselves.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:34:33 PM

but they're not using funny British words, that those comedies from the 90's use?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:36:17 PM
At 1/26/2010 2:34:33 PM, OreEle wrote:

but they're not using funny British words, that those comedies from the 90's use?

It's not the words that are the primary comic feature.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:36:19 PM
At 1/26/2010 2:31:10 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Yes, it was a joke! If you check my profile you'll see I'm actually left-wing, although not a "commie" as R_R describes me above!

B/T/W R_R, we were not poking fun at you, just engaging in a little Cockney banter, although neither of us are Cockneys ourselves.

Didn't you know? If you aren't a total freedom-loving libertarian, then you must be a demonic money grabbing commie.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:36:56 PM
At 1/26/2010 2:36:17 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/26/2010 2:34:33 PM, OreEle wrote:

It's not the words that are the primary comic feature.

SILENCE SMEG HEAD! lol
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:40:11 PM
At 1/26/2010 2:36:19 PM, OreEle wrote:

Didn't you know? If you aren't a total freedom-loving libertarian, then you must be a demonic money grabbing commie.

Now you're getting it. Except what demons were supposed to have done was rebel against Yahweh. Yahweh was an evil socialist tyrant, which means demons were freedom fighters.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:42:20 PM
At 1/26/2010 2:40:11 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Now you're getting it. Except what demons were supposed to have done was rebel against Yahweh. Yahweh was an evil socialist tyrant, which means demons were freedom fighters.

Except that Yahweh, is actually the demon and the so called "demons" are not. It's propaganda that was highly successful.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 2:42:26 PM
At 1/26/2010 2:40:11 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Except the demons weren't bent on gaining freedom, but taking over and creating their own evil socialist dictatorship.