Jump to topic:

Flight 370.

monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:53:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hijacking is not in the cards for the US. The people must continue to think that they are safe, due to their country's tremendous military might. This is the likely reason why Australia sunk the latest supposed wreckage.
sunk, rhetorically speaking in that they conclude it was sunk instead of revealing that it was a container.

theories?

Come on kids, take a chance!
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2014 10:59:44 PM
At 3/21/2014 10:53:39 PM, monty1 wrote:
Hijacking is not in the cards for the US. The people must continue to think that they are safe, due to their country's tremendous military might. This is the likely reason why Australia sunk the latest supposed wreckage.
sunk, rhetorically speaking in that they conclude it was sunk instead of revealing that it was a container.

theories?

The solution is clear. Russia orchestrated the event by training a highly selective group of ninja bears to take over the plane. Unfortunately, Russia realised that bears would be too heavy for the plane and aborted the mission. They sold the plans to Iran, which decided to take over the plane the old-fashioned way and use it to destroy Jerusalem. Then when they sobered up, they decided that was also a dumb plan, and sold it to the US. The US saw nothing to gain from the plan, decided to exploit their citisens some more, and sold the plans to Argentina. Argentina trained a group of time-traveling spider monkies with inter dimensional powers. China bought the spider monkies from Argentina, but Cuba intercepted the shipment, hoping to brainwash the monkies into spreading communist propaganda. France organised a rescue mission with moderate success, but they lost the monkies in Germany. Germany wanted nothing to do with this BS, and gave them back to Russia. Russia used them. These spider monkies successfully hijacked the plane and transported it into another dimension.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:33:23 AM
Don't be afraid to be wrong. If you take a shot at it it's not going to brand you as stupid, it will illustrate that you had the courage to speak your mind.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 3:24:22 PM

theories?

Literally every post you make about ANY topic there is on this site is just you trying to make some stab at the US isn't it? I mean so far ALL of them have been like this. I know I shouldn't bite but... Why the hell does flight 370 have ANYTHING to do with the US or our military might? This was a Malaysian aircraft heading to china with 0 Americans on board and accrued thousands of miles away from the US. So why bring it up?
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 5:12:31 PM
At 3/22/2014 3:24:22 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:

theories?

Literally every post you make about ANY topic there is on this site is just you trying to make some stab at the US isn't it? I mean so far ALL of them have been like this. I know I shouldn't bite but... Why the hell does flight 370 have ANYTHING to do with the US or our military might? This was a Malaysian aircraft heading to china with 0 Americans on board and accrued thousands of miles away from the US. So why bring it up?

I brought it up for the same reason US news brought it up. And they mentioned the chance of it not being found because it's on land and the plane could be used for a terrorist attack against you.

Ask your news outlets that hatched the idea maybe?

Be afraid, be very afraid. LOL
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 5:16:00 PM
At 3/22/2014 5:12:31 PM, monty1 wrote:

theories?

I brought it up for the same reason US news brought it up. And they mentioned the chance of it not being found because it's on land and the plane could be used for a terrorist attack against you.

That's the stupidest thing Iv ever heard. and the reason it's on the news is because of the fact that planes just don't disappear for weeks without even the slightest clue as to what happened. It's news, it's interesting news, that's it. And hijacking is a possibility. Are you saying it is not?

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 5:37:37 PM

theories?

Once again, you somehow spun this on the US. Don't worry people, he does this all the time.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 5:45:07 PM

theories?

You sir, are an....................................... IDIOT!!!!!

Airport security is something the US did right, and we now have some of the safest airlines in the world. We led the way for Europe to implement similar reforms, and we have stopped multiple terrorist attempts and weapon smuggling since 9/11. Stop trying to spin this $hit against the US. Its not are fault that a third world country did not take the same safety steps.

Now its clear that all your complaining stems from jealousy, and I can't help it if Americas Dck is bigger then Canada's. Its called Capitalism, and its worked numbers for us. USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Now hopefully you learned your lesson, and will stop making light of tragedies.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 5:57:24 PM
At 3/22/2014 5:45:07 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

theories?

Airport security is something the US did right, and we now have some of the safest airlines in the world. We led the way for Europe to implement similar reforms, and we have stopped multiple terrorist attempts and weapon smuggling since 9/11. Stop trying to spin this $hit against the US. Its not are fault that a third world country did not take the same safety steps.

Now its clear that all your complaining stems from jealousy, and I can't help it if Americas Dck is bigger then Canada's. Its called Capitalism, and its worked numbers for us. USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

I was thinking of your comment that you Americans could be arrogant if you want. I said that yes, you could be but I should have said more. There is no doubt that the world sees your chanting of USA as being arrogant and that's the way you want it to be viewed. But the whole point that you missed is that if the world sees you Americans as being arrogant then that will reflect negatively on their opinions of Americans and America.

To which you'll probably just say 'so what'. And that's fine but in that case the world will be less likely to sympathize with the views of America. Or, instead of sympathizing with America, the world could be more likely to sympathize with Russia.

More mature Americans wouldn't want that and so they understand that they have to pull in their horns a bit when being subjected to world opinion. More adult statesmen will shudder to think that your childish attitude is even being voiced on a forum such as this where a few people from other countries are reading and paying attention. Albeit few. Regrettably not more!
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 6:02:09 PM
At 3/22/2014 5:57:24 PM, monty1 wrote:

theories?

I was thinking of your comment that you Americans could be arrogant if you want.
And yes, we can be

There is no doubt that the world sees your chanting of USA as being arrogant and that's the way you want it to be viewed.
I only put it up there to appear arrogant. Were just regular people, so stop being a nationalist. Its no better then racism. We have diversity,freedom of speech, and were high on human rights.
But the whole point that you missed is that if the world sees you Americans as being arrogant then that will reflect negatively on their opinions of Americans and America.

To which you'll probably just say 'so what'. And that's fine but in that case the world will be less likely to sympathize with the views of America. Or, instead of sympathizing with America, the world could be more likely to sympathize with Russia.

More mature Americans wouldn't want that and so they understand that they have to pull in their horns a bit when being subjected to world opinion. More adult statesmen will shudder to think that your childish attitude is even being voiced on a forum such as this where a few people from other countries are reading and paying attention. Albeit few. Regrettably not more!
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 6:09:22 PM
At 3/22/2014 6:02:09 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

theories?

I was thinking of your comment that you Americans could be arrogant if you want.
And yes, we can be

There is no doubt that the world sees your chanting of USA as being arrogant and that's the way you want it to be viewed.
I only put it up there to appear arrogant. Were just regular people, so stop being a nationalist. Its no better then racism. We have diversity,freedom of speech, and were high on human rights.
But the whole point that you missed is that if the world sees you Americans as being arrogant then that will reflect negatively on their opinions of Americans and America.

Yes, you are arrogant. And you swallowed the bait because there's nothing I enjoy more than hearinig you wiggle and dance and try to explain it away.

You're not a challenge as a debater kid, you're more a diversion and an opportunity to laugh at another murican. Maybe you should ask your daddy for some help?
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 6:10:20 PM
At 3/22/2014 6:09:22 PM, monty1 wrote:

theories?

And yes, we can be

Yes, you are arrogant. And you swallowed the bait because there's nothing I enjoy more than hearinig you wiggle and dance and try to explain it away.

You're not a challenge as a debater kid, you're more a diversion and an opportunity to laugh at another murican. Maybe you should ask your daddy for some help?

At least were better then every other country in every way. MURICA!!!
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 6:29:55 PM
At 3/22/2014 6:10:20 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 6:09:22 PM, monty1 wrote:

theories?

And yes, we can be

At least were better then every other country in every way. MURICA!!!

You've become a complete fukking waste of my time.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 11:01:48 PM
The latest from France:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

"Radar echoes" identify different colour straps on floating wooden pallet. Also says they are of differing lengths.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 11:12:33 PM
I've only been following this story casually because there's such a lack of concrete information about it. The few facts there are does make this a fascinating story, and because planes don't generally just disappear. It's reminiscent of Amelia Earhart, but even more significant because this took place in a modern time with all of the modern technologies that are suppose to prevent this type of thing. But even granting that, it's possible we many never know what happened.

I've heard a lot of theories about this, but without any evidence it's difficult for me to even entertain any of them. Ultimately, the simplest explanation is what I generally go to by default, and when it comes to aviation, that seems to be technical and human error combining into a crash into the ocean.

It would be nice to get more information about this, and for it to even be something where everyone ends up being ok, but I'd be surprised if this ultimately isn't the scenario I described.
Debate.org Moderator
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2014 12:18:21 PM
At 3/23/2014 11:12:33 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I've only been following this story casually because there's such a lack of concrete information about it. The few facts there are does make this a fascinating story, and because planes don't generally just disappear. It's reminiscent of Amelia Earhart, but even more significant because this took place in a modern time with all of the modern technologies that are suppose to prevent this type of thing. But even granting that, it's possible we many never know what happened.

I've heard a lot of theories about this, but without any evidence it's difficult for me to even entertain any of them. Ultimately, the simplest explanation is what I generally go to by default, and when it comes to aviation, that seems to be technical and human error combining into a crash into the ocean.

It would be nice to get more information about this, and for it to even be something where everyone ends up being ok, but I'd be surprised if this ultimately isn't the scenario I described.

The latest news is that Malaysia is trying to close the book on it. It's making an attempt to call the latest Chinese satellite info conclusive that it crashed into the ocean. And at the same time it's painfully obvious that there isn't any good evidence that the debris they spotted on the sea is in any way related.

I think there is a definite interest in seeing this brought to a conclusion for other reasons than the surviving families. It is going to remain to be most likely a terrorist action with no particular details that can be employed to stop another one of the kind. That is an undesirable outcome because of the way it's going to be affecting air travellers. And then there is also the possibility that the airliner made it to the ground, even though that seems unlikely. But not unlikely enough to not be unsettling to US interests and the interests of nations that could also be prone to terrorism.

What to do? Will it be necessary to manufacture closure?