Total Posts:62|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Question for gun rights advocates

tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:12:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is for those who believe teachers should carry guns in schools, and that people should have the right to carry concealed weapons:

Would you be okay with other people carrying their guns in your home? If not, why do they lose their right to bear arms for being on your property?
yang.
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:21:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:12:32 PM, tulle wrote:
This is for those who believe teachers should carry guns in schools, and that people should have the right to carry concealed weapons:

Would you be okay with other people carrying their guns in your home? If not, why do they lose their right to bear arms for being on your property?

I'm no gun rights advocate -- in fact, I'm with Britain on this one -- but I know how the average libertarian would approach this:

The distinction has to do with private property, with the owner of said property reserving the exclusive privilege to create rules governing entry. If the property owners do not want to allow people to carry guns on their property, that is solely their right.

Schools are a bit different, since we're talking about public schools. Libertarians would make the case that, because public property is owned by the masses, banning guns is the equivalent of banning smoking -- perhaps they'd make an exception for smoking within a school building because the smoke poses a negative externality, but the act of holding a gun doesn't actually hurt anyone, it ought to be permissible.

And the especially crazy ones may scream "more guns, less crime!" and conjoin that with the private vs public property argument.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:26:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:12:32 PM, tulle wrote:
This is for those who believe teachers should carry guns in schools, and that people should have the right to carry concealed weapons:

Would you be okay with other people carrying their guns in your home? If not, why do they lose their right to bear arms for being on your property?

I'll be honest though, gun rights shouldn't be this high up on the agenda. Are main crime problems stem from gangs, who get their guns illegally anyways. Yeah, I would love to confiscate some machismo's mini gun, but things like immigration should take first priority.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
jzonda415
Posts: 151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:38:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:12:32 PM, tulle wrote::
Would you be okay with other people carrying their guns in your home?

Yes. A responsible person having a gun doesn't bother me at all.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:42:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:21:59 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

I'm no gun rights advocate -- in fact, I'm with Britain on this one -- but I know how the average libertarian would approach this:

The distinction has to do with private property, with the owner of said property reserving the exclusive privilege to create rules governing entry. If the property owners do not want to allow people to carry guns on their property, that is solely their right.

But you don't suddenly lose your right to life by being on someone's property. Why should you lose your right to bear arms? I'm not saying that people shouldn't have the right to say what can happen on their own property. What I'm trying to do is expose the hypocrisy in believing people should have the right to bear arms, but not in your house.

Schools are a bit different, since we're talking about public schools. Libertarians would make the case that, because public property is owned by the masses, banning guns is the equivalent of banning smoking -- perhaps they'd make an exception for smoking within a school building because the smoke poses a negative externality, but the act of holding a gun doesn't actually hurt anyone, it ought to be permissible.

I think anyone who advocates for the ability to smoke in public and confined spaces should be okay with other people smoking in their home. While the act of holding a gun doesn't hurt anyone, accidents happen. And while they don't always happen, the same case could be made that second-hand smoke doesn't always end in lung cancer. It's illegal for its potential to harm.

And the especially crazy ones may scream "more guns, less crime!" and conjoin that with the private vs public property argument.
yang.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:42:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:38:47 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 10:12:32 PM, tulle wrote::
Would you be okay with other people carrying their guns in your home?

Yes. A responsible person having a gun doesn't bother me at all.

Fair enough.
yang.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:45:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'd prefer to be the only person in my home with a gun, thank you very much.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:47:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:45:51 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'd prefer to be the only person in my home with a gun, thank you very much.

Yes, but why? I want the reasons.
yang.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:50:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:47:42 PM, tulle wrote:
At 3/22/2014 10:45:51 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'd prefer to be the only person in my home with a gun, thank you very much.

Yes, but why? I want the reasons.

If sh!t pops off, they won't have a gun.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 10:51:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:42:14 PM, tulle wrote:
At 3/22/2014 10:21:59 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

I'm no gun rights advocate -- in fact, I'm with Britain on this one -- but I know how the average libertarian would approach this:

The distinction has to do with private property, with the owner of said property reserving the exclusive privilege to create rules governing entry. If the property owners do not want to allow people to carry guns on their property, that is solely their right.

But you don't suddenly lose your right to life by being on someone's property. Why should you lose your right to bear arms? I'm not saying that people shouldn't have the right to say what can happen on their own property. What I'm trying to do is expose the hypocrisy in believing people should have the right to bear arms, but not in your house.

Well, this may be me talking instead of the typical gun rights advocate (again, I'm only playing devil's advocate -- I agree with you, in reality), but I think they would argue that the right to bear arms is separable from the right to life. If you make the conscious decision to enter someone else's property, you do so consciously, consenting to whatever rules and regulations they have set up -- with an implicit contract that there is no danger posed to you by entering without your firearm.

But, on a different note, how is setting up a private-property restriction analogous to removing the right to bear arms? You agreed that people should be able to set up rules for their own property. Sure, you could call someone a hypocrite for professing fear of firearms when it comes to their own private sphere, but being perfectly okay with them in, say, public schools. But I honestly think this debate is far and away abstract, unless you could point to a staunch gun rights advocate who would ban firearms in his own home. Otherwise, it's largely a matter of correlation vs causation -- that is, gun supporters tend to be conservative or libertarian, and will give you the same general argument.

Schools are a bit different, since we're talking about public schools. Libertarians would make the case that, because public property is owned by the masses, banning guns is the equivalent of banning smoking -- perhaps they'd make an exception for smoking within a school building because the smoke poses a negative externality, but the act of holding a gun doesn't actually hurt anyone, it ought to be permissible.

I think anyone who advocates for the ability to smoke in public and confined spaces should be okay with other people smoking in their home. :

I actually don't agree with this. I don't want to ban smoking in public, though I wouldn't mind some restrictions, but I choose not to participate because I don't want to damage my lungs and so forth. So, on public property, I have the right to leave if another person is smoking because I'm not too thrilled with the idea of secondhand smoke. At the same time, my home is smoke-free.

But this was, again, largely an argument in the abstract; if I wanted to allow smoking in public schools, I would be a hypocrite for banning it in my own home -- so I guess I can't really defend this one in reference to your point on guns. haha.

While the act of holding a gun doesn't hurt anyone, accidents happen. And while they don't always happen, the same case could be made that second-hand smoke doesn't always end in lung cancer. It's illegal for its potential to harm.

Again, I agree with you on this completely. I think someone on the opposite side of the issue would simply make the freedom and self-ownership case, and argue that it's impossible to legislate against accidents -- you can't preemptively prevent every automobile accident, for instance -- but there certainly is nuance to be had as to how to approach the issue.

And the especially crazy ones may scream "more guns, less crime!" and conjoin that with the private vs public property argument.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:11:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:51:58 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Well, this may be me talking instead of the typical gun rights advocate (again, I'm only playing devil's advocate -- I agree with you, in reality), but I think they would argue that the right to bear arms is separable from the right to life. If you make the conscious decision to enter someone else's property, you do so consciously, consenting to whatever rules and regulations they have set up -- with an implicit contract that there is no danger posed to you by entering without your firearm.

But, on a different note, how is setting up a private-property restriction analogous to removing the right to bear arms?

From my understanding, the right to bear arms is so that you can defend yourself? (I could be wrong...) By not being able to bring a gun into someone's home, you're no longer able to defend yourself.

You agreed that people should be able to set up rules for their own property. Sure, you could call someone a hypocrite for professing fear of firearms when it comes to their own private sphere, but being perfectly okay with them in, say, public schools. But I honestly think this debate is far and away abstract, unless you could point to a staunch gun rights advocate who would ban firearms in his own home. Otherwise, it's largely a matter of correlation vs causation -- that is, gun supporters tend to be conservative or libertarian, and will give you the same general argument.

Right, that's why I asked first if anyone held that belief.

I actually don't agree with this. I don't want to ban smoking in public, though I wouldn't mind some restrictions, but I choose not to participate because I don't want to damage my lungs and so forth.

You don't want to ban smoking in public indoors?

So, on public property, I have the right to leave if another person is smoking because I'm not too thrilled with the idea of secondhand smoke. At the same time, my home is smoke-free.

But what if everywhere you go, there's someone smoking? Everywhere you go, someone has a gun? You can't go anywhere?

But this was, again, largely an argument in the abstract; if I wanted to allow smoking in public schools, I would be a hypocrite for banning it in my own home -- so I guess I can't really defend this one in reference to your point on guns. haha.

lol

Again, I agree with you on this completely. I think someone on the opposite side of the issue would simply make the freedom and self-ownership case, and argue that it's impossible to legislate against accidents -- you can't preemptively prevent every automobile accident, for instance -- but there certainly is nuance to be had as to how to approach the issue.

I'd have to look more into statistics and likelihood of those sorts of things occurring...

Thanks your your responses, by the way :)
yang.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."

The NRA Song

Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!

Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!

Guns are fun for everyone, buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you, Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work, Guns at play, Guns berserk!

Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!

I"ve got Guns up my nose "tween my ears and by my toes.
I"m no fool, I"m so cool, I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns in my car, to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer, in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall, behind the toilet and in the hall.

I got guns in my bed, one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast, Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:22:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:12:32 PM, tulle wrote:
Would you be okay with other people carrying their guns in your home? If not, why do they lose their right to bear arms for being on your property?

Yes, yes I would. As long as they have legally earned their right, + I don't invite people I don't trust on my property.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:22:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."



The NRA Song



Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!

Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!

Guns are fun for everyone, buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you, Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work, Guns at play, Guns berserk!

Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!

I"ve got Guns up my nose "tween my ears and by my toes.
I"m no fool, I"m so cool, I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns in my car, to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer, in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall, behind the toilet and in the hall.

I got guns in my bed, one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast, Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

For some reason, I suspect everything you write as Anti-American. If it comes to it, I'll start trashing Canada.

https://www.google.com...
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:29:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."


HOW? I tried singing it out loud and it doesn't work lol
yang.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:33:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 11:22:34 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."



The NRA Song



Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!

Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!

Guns are fun for everyone, buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you, Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work, Guns at play, Guns berserk!

Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!

I"ve got Guns up my nose "tween my ears and by my toes.
I"m no fool, I"m so cool, I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns in my car, to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer, in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall, behind the toilet and in the hall.

I got guns in my bed, one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast, Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

For some reason, I suspect everything you write as Anti-American. If it comes to it, I'll start trashing Canada.

https://www.google.com...

I invite you to try to trash Canada. If you happen to accidentally hit on something valid then I'll be the first to acknowledge it. And trust me, unlike *your country that is perfect in every way, Canada isn't and we have lots of faults. However, I doubt you have the intelligence to find anything worth complaining about.

* in your own feeble mind
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 11:53:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 11:33:03 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:22:34 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."



The NRA Song



Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!

Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!

Guns are fun for everyone, buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you, Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work, Guns at play, Guns berserk!

Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!

I"ve got Guns up my nose "tween my ears and by my toes.
I"m no fool, I"m so cool, I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns in my car, to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer, in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall, behind the toilet and in the hall.

I got guns in my bed, one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast, Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

For some reason, I suspect everything you write as Anti-American. If it comes to it, I'll start trashing Canada.

https://www.google.com...

I invite you to try to trash Canada. If you happen to accidentally hit on something valid then I'll be the first to acknowledge it. And trust me, unlike *your country that is perfect in every way, Canada isn't and we have lots of faults. However, I doubt you have the intelligence to find anything worth complaining about.

* in your own feeble mind

Yeah, I collected a list of faults a long time a go. So we'll take care of them one BY ONE. Starting with this...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com...
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:21:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 11:33:03 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:22:34 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."



The NRA Song



Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!

Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!

Guns are fun for everyone, buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you, Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work, Guns at play, Guns berserk!

Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!

I"ve got Guns up my nose "tween my ears and by my toes.
I"m no fool, I"m so cool, I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns in my car, to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer, in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall, behind the toilet and in the hall.

I got guns in my bed, one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast, Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

For some reason, I suspect everything you write as Anti-American. If it comes to it, I'll start trashing Canada.

https://www.google.com...

I invite you to try to trash Canada. If you happen to accidentally hit on something valid then I'll be the first to acknowledge it. And trust me, unlike *your country that is perfect in every way, Canada isn't and we have lots of faults. However, I doubt you have the intelligence to find anything worth complaining about.

* in your own feeble mind

Monty, I'm calling you out man. If your so confident, then debate me. You ask for me to argue you, but you decline all my challenges.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:21:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Jifpop, It's a regretful and embarrassing truth from our past, there's little doubt. However, in the eyes of the UN I think it falls short of genocide. I think that because it fails in comparison to so many US illegal and immoral wars where hundreds of thousands, if not millions have been slaughtered under US bomb. Specifically, I am referring to the Vietnam genocide and the more recent two genocidal wars against Iraq.

I think it would be impossible to term Canada's egregious violations of our First nations people's human rights without likewise condemning said two US examples. And of course, any resolution to condemn the US that gets to the UNSC is vetoed by the US in any case if it's less than complimentary to your country.

Canada wears it's guilt and I would be the last man to try to cover it up. Alas, your nature has been proven on several occasions on this forum to not be quite so honest.

Next?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:27:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 11:29:07 PM, tulle wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."


HOW? I tried singing it out loud and it doesn't work lol

I think you have to slur your speech to add the necessary syllables in the first line.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:33:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 10:12:32 PM, tulle wrote:
This is for those who believe teachers should carry guns in schools, and that people should have the right to carry concealed weapons:

Would you be okay with other people carrying their guns in your home? If not, why do they lose their right to bear arms for being on your property?

For the record, I don't think anyone is saying teachers should or ought to carry them, just that they should be allowed to.
I don't see how concealed weapons hurt anyone. Their use is what hurts, regardless if they were concealed or not.

I don't think I would be comfortable with others having guns in my home. I would also not be comfortable with others' doing any number of things in my home. I don't see why that is a legitimate factor.
Do you believe that the best laws are the ones that YOU live by?
So, drugs should only be allowed if you plan on using them? Same with prostitution?
If you are opposed to them, must you oppose said actions?

I prefer to live in a society that is less subjective, if possible.
My work here is, finally, done.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:39:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:21:43 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:33:03 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:22:34 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."



The NRA Song



Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!

Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!

Guns are fun for everyone, buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you, Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work, Guns at play, Guns berserk!

Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!

I"ve got Guns up my nose "tween my ears and by my toes.
I"m no fool, I"m so cool, I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns in my car, to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer, in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall, behind the toilet and in the hall.

I got guns in my bed, one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast, Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

For some reason, I suspect everything you write as Anti-American. If it comes to it, I'll start trashing Canada.

https://www.google.com...

I invite you to try to trash Canada. If you happen to accidentally hit on something valid then I'll be the first to acknowledge it. And trust me, unlike *your country that is perfect in every way, Canada isn't and we have lots of faults. However, I doubt you have the intelligence to find anything worth complaining about.

* in your own feeble mind

Monty, I'm calling you out man. If your so confident, then debate me. You ask for me to argue you, but you decline all my challenges.

Name the debate and name your side. If I can agree to argue the other then we're on with only one more condition.

The judges of the debate must be chosen as they would be chosen for a jury. Consider the case to be tried would be charging America with crimes against humanity. It will be painfully obvious to you that the jurists would have to be impartial persons chosen from the international community for their fairness and objectivity. And that tells you that people chosen from this forum just wouldn't do. It's as obvious as asking you if your country is an evil pariah nation.

And so, I don't know how we could overcome that problem. Suggestions? My suggestion would be to allow me to choose a jury made up of Russians!

Suit your priorities?
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:41:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:39:06 AM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:21:43 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:33:03 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:22:34 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."



The NRA Song



Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!

Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!

Guns are fun for everyone, buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you, Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work, Guns at play, Guns berserk!

Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!

I"ve got Guns up my nose "tween my ears and by my toes.
I"m no fool, I"m so cool, I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns in my car, to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer, in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall, behind the toilet and in the hall.

I got guns in my bed, one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast, Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

For some reason, I suspect everything you write as Anti-American. If it comes to it, I'll start trashing Canada.

https://www.google.com...

I invite you to try to trash Canada. If you happen to accidentally hit on something valid then I'll be the first to acknowledge it. And trust me, unlike *your country that is perfect in every way, Canada isn't and we have lots of faults. However, I doubt you have the intelligence to find anything worth complaining about.

* in your own feeble mind

Monty, I'm calling you out man. If your so confident, then debate me. You ask for me to argue you, but you decline all my challenges.

Name the debate and name your side. If I can agree to argue the other then we're on with only one more condition.

The judges of the debate must be chosen as they would be chosen for a jury. Consider the case to be tried would be charging America with crimes against humanity. It will be painfully obvious to you that the jurists would have to be impartial persons chosen from the international community for their fairness and objectivity. And that tells you that people chosen from this forum just wouldn't do. It's as obvious as asking you if your country is an evil pariah nation.

And so, I don't know how we could overcome that problem. Suggestions? My suggestion would be to allow me to choose a jury made up of Russians!

Suit your priorities?

I already challenged you. I'm going to prove that Canada has engaged in the same $hitty actions you accuse the US of, and maybe then you'll realize that your country is no different. Take it or leave it.............but if you leave it, you lose respect.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:45:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:41:06 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:39:06 AM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:21:43 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:33:03 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:22:34 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."



The NRA Song



Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!

Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!

Guns are fun for everyone, buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you, Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work, Guns at play, Guns berserk!

Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!

I"ve got Guns up my nose "tween my ears and by my toes.
I"m no fool, I"m so cool, I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns in my car, to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer, in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall, behind the toilet and in the hall.

I got guns in my bed, one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast, Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

For some reason, I suspect everything you write as Anti-American. If it comes to it, I'll start trashing Canada.

https://www.google.com...

I invite you to try to trash Canada. If you happen to accidentally hit on something valid then I'll be the first to acknowledge it. And trust me, unlike *your country that is perfect in every way, Canada isn't and we have lots of faults. However, I doubt you have the intelligence to find anything worth complaining about.

* in your own feeble mind

Monty, I'm calling you out man. If your so confident, then debate me. You ask for me to argue you, but you decline all my challenges.

Name the debate and name your side. If I can agree to argue the other then we're on with only one more condition.

The judges of the debate must be chosen as they would be chosen for a jury. Consider the case to be tried would be charging America with crimes against humanity. It will be painfully obvious to you that the jurists would have to be impartial persons chosen from the international community for their fairness and objectivity. And that tells you that people chosen from this forum just wouldn't do. It's as obvious as asking you if your country is an evil pariah nation.

And so, I don't know how we could overcome that problem. Suggestions? My suggestion would be to allow me to choose a jury made up of Russians!

Suit your priorities?

I already challenged you. I'm going to prove that Canada has engaged in the same $hitty actions you accuse the US of, and maybe then you'll realize that your country is no different. Take it or leave it.............but if you leave it, you lose respect.

In all fairness I have to let you know that I have read your complaint to the forum admin or mod, whatever, and I have suggested that he/she read our posts back and forth between each other. By doing that he/she will be able to determine whether or not you have a legitimate complaint against me.

For that reason I would suggest that you keep your posts decent and above board for a while or at least until he/she has a chance to determine who is the problem.

You should read my comment there so there's nothing being hidden by me. have a nice day.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:49:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:45:11 AM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:41:06 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:39:06 AM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/23/2014 12:21:43 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:33:03 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:22:34 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/22/2014 11:17:26 PM, monty1 wrote:
Here's a little song I've made up for Americans on occasions such as this. It's sung to the tune of "Oh come all ye faithful."



The NRA Song



Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!

Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!

Guns are fun for everyone, buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you, Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work, Guns at play, Guns berserk!

Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!

I"ve got Guns up my nose "tween my ears and by my toes.
I"m no fool, I"m so cool, I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns in my car, to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer, in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall, behind the toilet and in the hall.

I got guns in my bed, one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast, Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

For some reason, I suspect everything you write as Anti-American. If it comes to it, I'll start trashing Canada.

https://www.google.com...

I invite you to try to trash Canada. If you happen to accidentally hit on something valid then I'll be the first to acknowledge it. And trust me, unlike *your country that is perfect in every way, Canada isn't and we have lots of faults. However, I doubt you have the intelligence to find anything worth complaining about.

* in your own feeble mind

Monty, I'm calling you out man. If your so confident, then debate me. You ask for me to argue you, but you decline all my challenges.

Name the debate and name your side. If I can agree to argue the other then we're on with only one more condition.

The judges of the debate must be chosen as they would be chosen for a jury. Consider the case to be tried would be charging America with crimes against humanity. It will be painfully obvious to you that the jurists would have to be impartial persons chosen from the international community for their fairness and objectivity. And that tells you that people chosen from this forum just wouldn't do. It's as obvious as asking you if your country is an evil pariah nation.

And so, I don't know how we could overcome that problem. Suggestions? My suggestion would be to allow me to choose a jury made up of Russians!

Suit your priorities?

I already challenged you. I'm going to prove that Canada has engaged in the same $hitty actions you accuse the US of, and maybe then you'll realize that your country is no different. Take it or leave it.............but if you leave it, you lose respect.

In all fairness I have to let you know that I have read your complaint to the forum admin or mod, whatever, and I have suggested that he/she read our posts back and forth between each other. By doing that he/she will be able to determine whether or not you have a legitimate complaint against me.

For that reason I would suggest that you keep your posts decent and above board for a while or at least until he/she has a chance to determine who is the problem.

You should read my comment there so there's nothing being hidden by me. have a nice day.

I have no complaints against you. I want to engage in a legitamate debate with you, but you keep dodging my challenges. I believe Tophatdoc, Aramer, Wrcriw, and I have all tried to debate you, but your to afraid to lose apparently. Settle this now, over a conductible debate, or stop trolling all our posts with stupidity. So, are you going to accept, or are you going to dodge the question again?
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:00:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
jifpop, you wrote: "
I have no complaints against you. I want to engage in a legitamate debate with you, but you keep dodging my challenges. I believe Tophatdoc, Aramer, Wrcriw, and I have all tried to debate you, but your to afraid to lose apparently. Settle this now, over a conductible debate, or stop trolling all our posts with stupidity. So, are you going to accept, or are you going to dodge the question again?"

I definitely got the impression from your post to the forum boss that you 'did' have a complaint against me and you aired it completely. However, I'm glad to hear you have changed your mind.

I've told you on several occasions that I won't debate you on this forum when those who will judge the debate are very biased to the American POV. I've even asked you for a solution to that problem. Maybe you should pay attention to that and stop pretending that I fear you and those other clowns in some way.

Accuse me of trolling if you like but I will continue to rebut that which I feel needs rebutting. If you can't read my opinions and then argue what I say in a polite and grown-up manner then I would suggest that you stop reading them.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2014 12:07:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/23/2014 12:00:49 PM, monty1 wrote:
jifpop, you wrote: "
I have no complaints against you. I want to engage in a legitamate debate with you, but you keep dodging my challenges. I believe Tophatdoc, Aramer, Wrcriw, and I have all tried to debate you, but your to afraid to lose apparently. Settle this now, over a conductible debate, or stop trolling all our posts with stupidity. So, are you going to accept, or are you going to dodge the question again?"

I definitely got the impression from your post to the forum boss that you 'did' have a complaint against me and you aired it completely. However, I'm glad to hear you have changed your mind.

I've told you on several occasions that I won't debate you on this forum when those who will judge the debate are very biased to the American POV. I've even asked you for a solution to that problem. Maybe you should pay attention to that and stop pretending that I fear you and those other clowns in some way.

Accuse me of trolling if you like but I will continue to rebut that which I feel needs rebutting. If you can't read my opinions and then argue what I say in a polite and grown-up manner then I would suggest that you stop reading them.

Why do you keep quoting like that, so people can't see my arguments. People on this site don't vote biased, and I have seen people lose american side all the time. And, your generalizing Americans again. You have to provide a RFD for your vote, or it won't be counted. So stop making excuses. You don't get any points for who you agree with.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party