Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 6:23:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
https://www.facebook.com...

I mean, wtf!

I was invited by my conservative friends on Facebook to participate in the event, when I won't be effected ANYHOW by Obamacare, and such events against the Obama Administration won't damage Obama anyhow. After all, the shut down in 2013 was partly due to an ideological crusade launch by Boehner.

Conservatives these days are saddening me; look at them!

I look back to the Carlists, the true conservatives, patriotic, young men wanting to preserve their tradition and culture. I now look upon the Suit-Clad "Conservatives", blabbering about the Free-Market and amazing capitalism. They even do that stuff here in Thailand; "free market this, free market that". They know nothing of preserving their traditions.

When I came to conservatism, I always thought of it as a patriotic ideology; when I look at model conservatives, like Ron Paul and Romney, or even Rand Paul, I have to admit, they are quite foolish.

Nevertheless, back to Obamacare.

So this Obamacare thing gives free healthcare, but ends lifetime coverage by insurance. Now I'm starting to see why people hate Obamacare. But again, I thought conservatives were patriotic! They wouldn't mind spending a few bucks for their fellow countrymen, wouldn't they (I'm referring to the tax increases that would possibly be implemented).

I don't know much about Obamacare, but as a half-conservative myself, I fail to see why the "conservatives" of the United States hate Obamacare so much.

Enlighten me, "Conservatives"

Thanks
Kc1999
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
blaze8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 8:02:29 AM
At 3/25/2014 6:23:05 AM, Kc1999 wrote:

I mean, wtf!

I was invited by my conservative friends on Facebook to participate in the event, when I won't be effected ANYHOW by Obamacare, and such events against the Obama Administration won't damage Obama anyhow. After all, the shut down in 2013 was partly due to an ideological crusade launch by Boehner.

I look back to the Carlists, the true conservatives, patriotic, young men wanting to preserve their tradition and culture. I now look upon the Suit-Clad "Conservatives", blabbering about the Free-Market and amazing capitalism. They even do that stuff here in Thailand; "free market this, free market that". They know nothing of preserving their traditions.

When I came to conservatism, I always thought of it as a patriotic ideology; when I look at model conservatives, like Ron Paul and Romney, or even Rand Paul, I have to admit, they are quite foolish.

So this Obamacare thing gives free healthcare, but ends lifetime coverage by insurance. Now I'm starting to see why people hate Obamacare. But again, I thought conservatives were patriotic! They wouldn't mind spending a few bucks for their fellow countrymen, wouldn't they (I'm referring to the tax increases that would possibly be implemented).

I don't know much about Obamacare, but as a half-conservative myself, I fail to see why the "conservatives" of the United States hate Obamacare so much.

Thanks
Kc1999

Simple. It's a mandate on life itself. Never before has the Supreme Court given the Federal Government the power to mandate that all citizens purchase a specific good (healthcare). Now, no matter what, for no other reason than I am alive and I am US citizen, I am required to purchase healthcare, something that I may never end up using, and one day, could have the power to go without. This is an unprecedented law. And because they still haven't removed the crucial barrier to entry into the market, the prevention of companies from selling healthcare coverage across state lines, this law expands the market for an already tight oligopoly in every state, benefiting not the average citizen, but the companies who are physically able to charge higher prices because they are one of the two or three large companies who retain market control. And to add to it all, the penalty for not buying healthcare will increase over the years until it becomes financially crippling to anyone who still chooses to not purchase the good, regardless of the reason.

That's why it's a law I oppose.
"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."-Sterling Archer
el_em_en_oh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 2:58:32 PM

I mean, wtf!

Thanks
Kc1999

"So this Obamacare thing gives free healthcare...". You're right. You really don't know much about Obamacare. The American taxpayers are paying for it, it's not free.

Read HERE: http://obamacarefacts.com...

Now read THIS: http://www.nationalreview.com...

As for you being half conservative... are you referring to "conservative" from a political ideology standpoint, or simply from a personal belief standpoint? I'm a Conservative (Republican), but I have many liberal views (ie: on abortion and on gay marriage, etc).

Elaborate a little after you read up on the ACA.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 3:01:55 PM
At 3/25/2014 2:58:32 PM, el_em_en_oh wrote:

I mean, wtf!

Thanks
Kc1999

"So this Obamacare thing gives free healthcare...". You're right. You really don't know much about Obamacare. The American taxpayers are paying for it, it's not free.

As for you being half conservative... are you referring to "conservative" from a political ideology standpoint, or simply from a personal belief standpoint? I'm a Conservative (Republican), but I have many liberal views (ie: on abortion and on gay marriage, etc).

Ohhhh...ok, so it's like "if you don't get a health insurance, you die?"

And I'm a reactionary. One step more conservative than most conservatives.
el_em_en_oh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 3:06:49 PM
At 3/25/2014 3:01:55 PM, Kc1999 wrote:

I mean, wtf!

Thanks
Kc1999

It took me longer to find those links than it dod for you to reply.

No possible way you took the time to read them.

How can you possibly think you're going to be able to have even a half intelligent conversation about the ACA, if you know nothing about it?

And I'm not sure what this means: so it's like "if you don't get a health insurance, you die?"

I don't remember reading anywhere, in any parts of the ACA that I've read, that if you fail to get health insurance, you will be put to death/die.

If you don't sign up for, and pay for coverage by XYZ-date, you will be penalized financially in some way (ie: pay a fine), but be put to death? I don't think that's part of the law.

I urge you to go and read a little bit.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 3:12:46 PM
At 3/25/2014 3:06:49 PM, el_em_en_oh wrote:
At 3/25/2014 3:01:55 PM, Kc1999 wrote:

I mean, wtf!

Thanks
Kc1999

It took me longer to find those links than it dod for you to reply.

No possible way you took the time to read them.

How can you possibly think you're going to be able to have even a half intelligent conversation about the ACA, if you know nothing about it?

And I'm not sure what this means: so it's like "if you don't get a health insurance, you die?"

I don't remember reading anywhere, in any parts of the ACA that I've read, that if you fail to get health insurance, you will be put to death/die.

If you don't sign up for, and pay for coverage by XYZ-date, you will be penalized financially in some way (ie: pay a fine), but be put to death? I don't think that's part of the law.

I urge you to go and read a little bit.

I was just exaggerating with the die part. And I understand the date is March 31st?
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 3:13:20 PM

I mean, wtf!

Thanks
Kc1999

So basically you're really a liberal who visits the Conservative page on an obscure corner of Facebook and complains about it?
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 3:14:24 PM
At 3/25/2014 3:13:20 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:

I mean, wtf!

Thanks
Kc1999

So basically you're really a liberal who visits the Conservative page on an obscure corner of Facebook and complains about it?

I am a liberal? I am offended. Deeply.
bubbatheclown
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 3:15:01 PM
Basically you're like a black guy who visits a private KKK meeting in another state and then sues them for their inflammatory language.
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 3:17:33 PM
At 3/25/2014 3:15:01 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Basically you're like a black guy who visits a private KKK meeting in another state and then sues them for their inflammatory language.

No. Not necessarily. I'm more of a reactionary who's bored of the light conservatism of the American right.