Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What Do Liberals Think About this?

bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:15:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think the country is getting better in some aspects -- increasing acceptance of gay marriage, rise of progressivism (calls for minimum wage increase, GOP governors caving and expanding Medicaid, positive results of the ACA, polls showing that the majority of the American public is on the side of progressives, etc.), and a slightly improving economy -- and worse in a number of others -- calls for teaching voodoo creationism in public schools, restrictive, unconstitutional abortion restrictions at the state level, the pervasion of heavily debunked trickle-down economics, right-wing attempts to call everything a scandal, increased prevalence of monied interest corrupting the political process, and Democrats calling Hillary "I heart Goldman Sachs" Clinton to run for president.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 7:20:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?

I think America is slowly getting better, but that doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. I agree with conservatives that the family is deteriorating, but the reason it's deteriorating has noting to do with gay marriage, abortion, etc. It has everything to do with the fact that social conservatives have failed to teach their kids what marriage is really about: love, dedication and commitment to something more than oneself, and to someone else. I think that the reason that the family is falling apart has more to do with the fact that people who call themselves conservatives, some of whom even profess to be Christians, are in many cases more inclined to kick their gay son out of their house and out of their lives than accept him as who he is. I think that fundamentally, the church has failed to change in order to conserve and it's legitimacy (pre-Francis) has precipitously eroded over time due to the fact that the church has focused more on conservative-populist demagoguery and less on service, charity and meeting the spiritual needs of all its flock. So, conservatives are free to blame us as much as they like. They are the cause of their own problems, but admitting that is inconvenient. It's much easier to blame Liberals, gays and those who support women's rights than face the reality that they have made their own bed themselves.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:22:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 7:20:21 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?

I think America is slowly getting better, but that doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. I agree with conservatives that the family is deteriorating, but the reason it's deteriorating has noting to do with gay marriage, abortion, etc. It has everything to do with the fact that social conservatives have failed to teach their kids what marriage is really about: love, dedication and commitment to something more than oneself, and to someone else. I think that the reason that the family is falling apart has more to do with the fact that people who call themselves conservatives, some of whom even profess to be Christians, are in many cases more inclined to kick their gay son out of their house and out of their lives than accept him as who he is. I think that fundamentally, the church has failed to change in order to conserve and it's legitimacy (pre-Francis) has precipitously eroded over time due to the fact that the church has focused more on conservative-populist demagoguery and less on service, charity and meeting the spiritual needs of all its flock. So, conservatives are free to blame us as much as they like. They are the cause of their own problems, but admitting that is inconvenient. It's much easier to blame Liberals, gays and those who support women's rights than face the reality that they have made their own bed themselves.

You're right to an extent: Conservatives and Liberals share the blame for this country's woes. However, I do not think that the occasional parents wrongly booting out their gay son is what's causing the decline of the nuclear family. But yeah, the Church has been doing an awful job as of late.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:24:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 7:15:17 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I think the country is getting better in some aspects -- increasing acceptance of gay marriage, rise of progressivism (calls for minimum wage increase, GOP governors caving and expanding Medicaid, positive results of the ACA, polls showing that the majority of the American public is on the side of progressives, etc.), and a slightly improving economy -- and worse in a number of others -- calls for teaching voodoo creationism in public schools, restrictive, unconstitutional abortion restrictions at the state level, the pervasion of heavily debunked trickle-down economics, right-wing attempts to call everything a scandal, increased prevalence of monied interest corrupting the political process, and Democrats calling Hillary "I heart Goldman Sachs" Clinton to run for president.

I would disagree, but I did ask for a Liberal's view on this. Thanks for your honesty.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:24:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:22:52 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:20:21 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?

I think America is slowly getting better, but that doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. I agree with conservatives that the family is deteriorating, but the reason it's deteriorating has noting to do with gay marriage, abortion, etc. It has everything to do with the fact that social conservatives have failed to teach their kids what marriage is really about: love, dedication and commitment to something more than oneself, and to someone else. I think that the reason that the family is falling apart has more to do with the fact that people who call themselves conservatives, some of whom even profess to be Christians, are in many cases more inclined to kick their gay son out of their house and out of their lives than accept him as who he is. I think that fundamentally, the church has failed to change in order to conserve and it's legitimacy (pre-Francis) has precipitously eroded over time due to the fact that the church has focused more on conservative-populist demagoguery and less on service, charity and meeting the spiritual needs of all its flock. So, conservatives are free to blame us as much as they like. They are the cause of their own problems, but admitting that is inconvenient. It's much easier to blame Liberals, gays and those who support women's rights than face the reality that they have made their own bed themselves.

You're right to an extent: Conservatives and Liberals share the blame for this country's woes. However, I do not think that the occasional parents wrongly booting out their gay son is what's causing the decline of the nuclear family. But yeah, the Church has been doing an awful job as of late.

The event of kicking out a gay son isn't the sole cause but the willingness to prioritize ideology over family, and dogma over people is the greater issue.
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:25:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:24:27 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:22:52 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:20:21 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?

I think America is slowly getting better, but that doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. I agree with conservatives that the family is deteriorating, but the reason it's deteriorating has noting to do with gay marriage, abortion, etc. It has everything to do with the fact that social conservatives have failed to teach their kids what marriage is really about: love, dedication and commitment to something more than oneself, and to someone else. I think that the reason that the family is falling apart has more to do with the fact that people who call themselves conservatives, some of whom even profess to be Christians, are in many cases more inclined to kick their gay son out of their house and out of their lives than accept him as who he is. I think that fundamentally, the church has failed to change in order to conserve and it's legitimacy (pre-Francis) has precipitously eroded over time due to the fact that the church has focused more on conservative-populist demagoguery and less on service, charity and meeting the spiritual needs of all its flock. So, conservatives are free to blame us as much as they like. They are the cause of their own problems, but admitting that is inconvenient. It's much easier to blame Liberals, gays and those who support women's rights than face the reality that they have made their own bed themselves.

You're right to an extent: Conservatives and Liberals share the blame for this country's woes. However, I do not think that the occasional parents wrongly booting out their gay son is what's causing the decline of the nuclear family. But yeah, the Church has been doing an awful job as of late.

The event of kicking out a gay son isn't the sole cause but the willingness to prioritize ideology over family, and dogma over people is the greater issue.

This may surprise you, but I agree that this contributes to our decline.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:26:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:25:29 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:24:27 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:22:52 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:20:21 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?

I think America is slowly getting better, but that doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. I agree with conservatives that the family is deteriorating, but the reason it's deteriorating has noting to do with gay marriage, abortion, etc. It has everything to do with the fact that social conservatives have failed to teach their kids what marriage is really about: love, dedication and commitment to something more than oneself, and to someone else. I think that the reason that the family is falling apart has more to do with the fact that people who call themselves conservatives, some of whom even profess to be Christians, are in many cases more inclined to kick their gay son out of their house and out of their lives than accept him as who he is. I think that fundamentally, the church has failed to change in order to conserve and it's legitimacy (pre-Francis) has precipitously eroded over time due to the fact that the church has focused more on conservative-populist demagoguery and less on service, charity and meeting the spiritual needs of all its flock. So, conservatives are free to blame us as much as they like. They are the cause of their own problems, but admitting that is inconvenient. It's much easier to blame Liberals, gays and those who support women's rights than face the reality that they have made their own bed themselves.

You're right to an extent: Conservatives and Liberals share the blame for this country's woes. However, I do not think that the occasional parents wrongly booting out their gay son is what's causing the decline of the nuclear family. But yeah, the Church has been doing an awful job as of late.

The event of kicking out a gay son isn't the sole cause but the willingness to prioritize ideology over family, and dogma over people is the greater issue.

This may surprise you, but I agree that this contributes to our decline.

Not trying to be pedantic here, but why do you think I would be surprised by that?
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:31:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:26:34 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:25:29 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:24:27 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:22:52 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:20:21 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?

I think America is slowly getting better, but that doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. I agree with conservatives that the family is deteriorating, but the reason it's deteriorating has noting to do with gay marriage, abortion, etc. It has everything to do with the fact that social conservatives have failed to teach their kids what marriage is really about: love, dedication and commitment to something more than oneself, and to someone else. I think that the reason that the family is falling apart has more to do with the fact that people who call themselves conservatives, some of whom even profess to be Christians, are in many cases more inclined to kick their gay son out of their house and out of their lives than accept him as who he is. I think that fundamentally, the church has failed to change in order to conserve and it's legitimacy (pre-Francis) has precipitously eroded over time due to the fact that the church has focused more on conservative-populist demagoguery and less on service, charity and meeting the spiritual needs of all its flock. So, conservatives are free to blame us as much as they like. They are the cause of their own problems, but admitting that is inconvenient. It's much easier to blame Liberals, gays and those who support women's rights than face the reality that they have made their own bed themselves.

You're right to an extent: Conservatives and Liberals share the blame for this country's woes. However, I do not think that the occasional parents wrongly booting out their gay son is what's causing the decline of the nuclear family. But yeah, the Church has been doing an awful job as of late.

The event of kicking out a gay son isn't the sole cause but the willingness to prioritize ideology over family, and dogma over people is the greater issue.

This may surprise you, but I agree that this contributes to our decline.

Not trying to be pedantic here, but why do you think I would be surprised by that?

Well, I am a conservative, and both groups have a stereotypical image of the other...
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:32:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:22:52 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:20:21 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?

I think America is slowly getting better, but that doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. I agree with conservatives that the family is deteriorating, but the reason it's deteriorating has noting to do with gay marriage, abortion, etc. It has everything to do with the fact that social conservatives have failed to teach their kids what marriage is really about: love, dedication and commitment to something more than oneself, and to someone else. I think that the reason that the family is falling apart has more to do with the fact that people who call themselves conservatives, some of whom even profess to be Christians, are in many cases more inclined to kick their gay son out of their house and out of their lives than accept him as who he is. I think that fundamentally, the church has failed to change in order to conserve and it's legitimacy (pre-Francis) has precipitously eroded over time due to the fact that the church has focused more on conservative-populist demagoguery and less on service, charity and meeting the spiritual needs of all its flock. So, conservatives are free to blame us as much as they like. They are the cause of their own problems, but admitting that is inconvenient. It's much easier to blame Liberals, gays and those who support women's rights than face the reality that they have made their own bed themselves.

You're right to an extent: Conservatives and Liberals share the blame for this country's woes. However, I do not think that the occasional parents wrongly booting out their gay son is what's causing the decline of the nuclear family. But yeah, the Church has been doing an awful job as of late.

I see this as a false equivalency, to be perfectly honest with. Democrats are by no means blameless -- I don't even self-identify as one -- but they're significantly less corporatist than the GOP. The decline began with Reagan, to be honest. Clinton was a trickle-downer as well, but he also raised taxes substantially, so he's a step above Reagan and Bush -- who, by the way, are evidence that the GOP has no right to bi*ch about deficits.
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:36:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:31:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:26:34 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:25:29 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:24:27 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 8:22:52 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:20:21 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?

I think America is slowly getting better, but that doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. I agree with conservatives that the family is deteriorating, but the reason it's deteriorating has noting to do with gay marriage, abortion, etc. It has everything to do with the fact that social conservatives have failed to teach their kids what marriage is really about: love, dedication and commitment to something more than oneself, and to someone else. I think that the reason that the family is falling apart has more to do with the fact that people who call themselves conservatives, some of whom even profess to be Christians, are in many cases more inclined to kick their gay son out of their house and out of their lives than accept him as who he is. I think that fundamentally, the church has failed to change in order to conserve and it's legitimacy (pre-Francis) has precipitously eroded over time due to the fact that the church has focused more on conservative-populist demagoguery and less on service, charity and meeting the spiritual needs of all its flock. So, conservatives are free to blame us as much as they like. They are the cause of their own problems, but admitting that is inconvenient. It's much easier to blame Liberals, gays and those who support women's rights than face the reality that they have made their own bed themselves.

You're right to an extent: Conservatives and Liberals share the blame for this country's woes. However, I do not think that the occasional parents wrongly booting out their gay son is what's causing the decline of the nuclear family. But yeah, the Church has been doing an awful job as of late.

The event of kicking out a gay son isn't the sole cause but the willingness to prioritize ideology over family, and dogma over people is the greater issue.

This may surprise you, but I agree that this contributes to our decline.

Not trying to be pedantic here, but why do you think I would be surprised by that?

Well, I am a conservative, and both groups have a stereotypical image of the other...

I didn't know that about you, but that makes sense. You're right that both liberals and conservatives tend to have false conceptions of the other side. The tendency to "otherize" is dangerous, in that it is the real reason for static polarization -but it is the result of the kind of resentment that one side gets from not interacting with the other. But I will say that abortion does not undermine the family. Women's right to contraception does not undermine the family. Gay marriage does not undermine the family, nor does gay rights generally. The family is under attack, though, from a culture that values selfishness, that encourages people to seek temporary pleasure at the expense of long term happiness, and from American's (Baby Boomer's) collective failure to teach their kids how to be in a productive, meaningful relationship.
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
BobTurner
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 2:10:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you realize how unbelievably ignorant this comment is?
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 3:50:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 7:02:08 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
Most Conservatives think that America is getting worse because of liberal economic policies, legalization of gay marriage and abortion, the collapse of the nuclear heterosexual family, the increasing national debt, etc.

But what do liberals think? Do you think that America is getting worse or better? Do you like the direction our country is going in?

There are a couple of points here:

#1 - any argument that is hyper partisan, I am usually quite wary of. Anything that begins with ... Conservatives have messed up X, or Liberals have messed up Y essentially begs to be dismissed.

What I tend to look for are arguments that are a little more definitive and policy specific. Fro example, the tax cuts that were bequeathed to us would be an example of a 'conservative' policy, but the discussion thereof should be based on what happened as a result ... IMHO, the glut of money coupled with deregulation allowed some very greedy people to do some very bad things to the structure of our economy ... and its not the first time that has happened. I digress however ...

#2 - An examination of family values needs to be objective and free from the liberal vs. conservative mud slinging. The simply fact of the matter is that children raised in stable, multi-parent households, do better. It is even arguable that tradition models are the best, with a strong female and male role model.

Anyone who has attempted to raise kids alone can attest to the difficulties of doing so, with a very challenging work life balance resulting.

We can however also concede that not all nuclear families are stable, some downright abusive.

That makes policy on this matter especially irksome, as the policy has to deal with generalities that are NEVER going to be conclusive. Should we encourage marriage and marriage stability? I would argue yes, but ... there must also be programs to identify and help abusive situations, etc. That would ALSO necessitate promoting same gender marriages over the alternative of what is a highly sexualized and promiscuous homosexual community, but ... that would ALSO require programs for identifying abuse, etc.

There are also legal issues that are discouraging marriage, particularly after a first marriage has failed. Anyone who has seen a divorce has seen settlements that are far our of whack with what would seem to be just. That would include both house wives with philandering husbands who abuse the situation and walk virtually free of monetary or other punishment, and the opposite, hard working husbands whose philandering wives fleece them completely ... and the justice system is riddled with issues on this aspect and setting a policy that would preclude spouses fro being burned in the legal system is yet another tricky matter.

In my opinion, the no fault divorce process, wherein actions are irrelevant, only income, is demonstrable failure in the area - actively punishing good behavior in marriage in favor of the all important dollar? Makes little sense, and in states that have these laws, marriage is sliding as an institution. The person who stays at home or has the less prestigious job, no matter their conduct, walks away with a huge chuck of change. Such policy actively cautions people against marriage and necessitates that smarter individuals will find alternative solutions such as cohabitation ... which itself leads to issues.

The result of not tackling these issues, we have a rise in cohabitation rates. These tend to be more abusive in general, more short lived, less stable, and less committed. It stands in sharp contrast to the stability of a genuinely committed and legally binding marriage ... which is a commitment made in every sense of the word.

So is there a 'decline' in America based on social issues? To some extent, yes. Some of this is the changing reality of social norms. People no longer stay in abusive marriages, that is a good thing. The sexual revolution has trivialized sex, and there is a rise in single motherhood as a result ... that is a difficult thing and policy steps should be, have been, and will continue to be applied to discourage this choice.

What matters most is objective assessment, and in social matters, there is no such thing as a one sized fits all solution. Policy must be general and those entrusted to enforce it progressional and adept.

the liberal vs. conservative aspect just ... gets in the way of policy.
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 8:24:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 2:10:42 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you realize how unbelievably ignorant this comment is?

It is the opinion of a top psychiatrist. Any ignorance is on the part of anyone who doesn't realize that liberal/progressives are crazy, not to mention dangerous, when it come to national policy.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
BobTurner
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 8:54:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 8:24:39 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 2:10:42 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you realize how unbelievably ignorant this comment is?

It is the opinion of a top psychiatrist. Any ignorance is on the part of anyone who doesn't realize that liberal/progressives are crazy, not to mention dangerous, when it come to national policy.

So now conservatives like science? Fascinating. Of course, it's not actually science -- that is, you haven't linked me to a credible source saying this. Rather it's your opinion that people who disagree with you and base their views on nuance, facts, and reality instead of superstition, feelings, and big money -- as conservatives do -- must have a mental disorder.
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 9:01:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 8:54:24 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:24:39 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 2:10:42 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you realize how unbelievably ignorant this comment is?

It is the opinion of a top psychiatrist. Any ignorance is on the part of anyone who doesn't realize that liberal/progressives are crazy, not to mention dangerous, when it come to national policy.

So now conservatives like science? Fascinating. Of course, it's not actually science -- that is, you haven't linked me to a credible source saying this. Rather it's your opinion that people who disagree with you and base their views on nuance, facts, and reality instead of superstition, feelings, and big money -- as conservatives do -- must have a mental disorder.

Like I said. This is the unbiased professional opinion of a psychiatrist. You can read an excerpt here. His book is available on Amazon.com

http://m.townhall.com...
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
BobTurner
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 9:48:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 9:01:42 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:54:24 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:24:39 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 2:10:42 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you realize how unbelievably ignorant this comment is?

It is the opinion of a top psychiatrist. Any ignorance is on the part of anyone who doesn't realize that liberal/progressives are crazy, not to mention dangerous, when it come to national policy.

So now conservatives like science? Fascinating. Of course, it's not actually science -- that is, you haven't linked me to a credible source saying this. Rather it's your opinion that people who disagree with you and base their views on nuance, facts, and reality instead of superstition, feelings, and big money -- as conservatives do -- must have a mental disorder.


Like I said. This is the unbiased professional opinion of a psychiatrist. You can read an excerpt here. His book is available on Amazon.com

http://m.townhall.com...

So you're taking one right wing hack's opinion as gospel? Typical conservative.

The fact of the matter is, your side has had no cordial relationship with the facts and has been wrong at every turn both leading up to and following the crisis of 2008. So even if I have a mental disorder -- I don't, mind you -- at least at the end of the day, I can't say that I suffer from lack of intellectual vigor.
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 11:01:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 9:48:12 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 9:01:42 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:54:24 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:24:39 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 2:10:42 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you realize how unbelievably ignorant this comment is?

It is the opinion of a top psychiatrist. Any ignorance is on the part of anyone who doesn't realize that liberal/progressives are crazy, not to mention dangerous, when it come to national policy.

So now conservatives like science? Fascinating. Of course, it's not actually science -- that is, you haven't linked me to a credible source saying this. Rather it's your opinion that people who disagree with you and base their views on nuance, facts, and reality instead of superstition, feelings, and big money -- as conservatives do -- must have a mental disorder.


Like I said. This is the unbiased professional opinion of a psychiatrist. You can read an excerpt here. His book is available on Amazon.com

http://m.townhall.com...

So you're taking one right wing hack's opinion as gospel? Typical conservative.

The fact of the matter is, your side has had no cordial relationship with the facts and has been wrong at every turn both leading up to and following the crisis of 2008. So even if I have a mental disorder -- I don't, mind you -- at least at the end of the day, I can't say that I suffer from lack of intellectual vigor.

LOL! The author is not a right wing hack. Read his BIO.

Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr, MD received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago and served for two years as a psychiatrist in the United States Army. He is currently in private practice in the Chicago area.

Dr. Rossiter is board certified in both general and forensic psychiatry. For more than forty years he has diagnosed and treated mental disorders, with a special interest in personality pathology and its developmental origins.

He has been retained by numerous public offices, courts and private attorneys as a forensic psychiatrist and has consulted in more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases in both state and federal jurisdictions. Dr. Rossiter has lectured to various groups on subjects ranging from psychotherapy to the prevention of suicide.
For more information about Dr. Rossiter's forensic psychiatry practice, visit www.forensicpsychiatrist.com

I can see how this is upsetting you. After all, crazy people never think they're crazy. Seriously, though. This guys credentials are impeccable. I'm not saying all liberals are deranged. Just most of them.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:00:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 11:01:57 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 9:48:12 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 9:01:42 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:54:24 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:24:39 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 2:10:42 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you realize how unbelievably ignorant this comment is?

It is the opinion of a top psychiatrist. Any ignorance is on the part of anyone who doesn't realize that liberal/progressives are crazy, not to mention dangerous, when it come to national policy.

So now conservatives like science? Fascinating. Of course, it's not actually science -- that is, you haven't linked me to a credible source saying this. Rather it's your opinion that people who disagree with you and base their views on nuance, facts, and reality instead of superstition, feelings, and big money -- as conservatives do -- must have a mental disorder.


Like I said. This is the unbiased professional opinion of a psychiatrist. You can read an excerpt here. His book is available on Amazon.com

http://m.townhall.com...

So you're taking one right wing hack's opinion as gospel? Typical conservative.

The fact of the matter is, your side has had no cordial relationship with the facts and has been wrong at every turn both leading up to and following the crisis of 2008. So even if I have a mental disorder -- I don't, mind you -- at least at the end of the day, I can't say that I suffer from lack of intellectual vigor.

LOL! The author is not a right wing hack. Read his BIO.

Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr, MD received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago and served for two years as a psychiatrist in the United States Army. He is currently in private practice in the Chicago area.

Dr. Rossiter is board certified in both general and forensic psychiatry. For more than forty years he has diagnosed and treated mental disorders, with a special interest in personality pathology and its developmental origins.

He has been retained by numerous public offices, courts and private attorneys as a forensic psychiatrist and has consulted in more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases in both state and federal jurisdictions. Dr. Rossiter has lectured to various groups on subjects ranging from psychotherapy to the prevention of suicide.
For more information about Dr. Rossiter's forensic psychiatry practice, visit www.forensicpsychiatrist.com

I can see how this is upsetting you. After all, crazy people never think they're crazy. Seriously, though. This guys credentials are impeccable. I'm not saying all liberals are deranged. Just most of them.

Hey, just thought you ought to know it is the DSM V that tells whether something is a mental disorder, not some random person with a degree.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:04:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The second post by progressivedem was right on, the US has been getting better.

However, and it's a big one. All of Obama's good work can be quickly undone and reversed if the Republican party regain power in the two sides of congress as well as the presidency.

The right is having a close call and can see the time when their greed and selfishness could all come to an end. If they get the chance they will make sure they aren't ever threatened again.

A complete takeover by the right is what is now needed. Only that will wake up the masses of suffering Americans. It's going to be great theatre if the political right gains power.
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 1:02:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 12:00:00 PM, kbub wrote:
At 3/28/2014 11:01:57 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 9:48:12 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 9:01:42 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:54:24 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:24:39 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 2:10:42 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you realize how unbelievably ignorant this comment is?

It is the opinion of a top psychiatrist. Any ignorance is on the part of anyone who doesn't realize that liberal/progressives are crazy, not to mention dangerous, when it come to national policy.

So now conservatives like science? Fascinating. Of course, it's not actually science -- that is, you haven't linked me to a credible source saying this. Rather it's your opinion that people who disagree with you and base their views on nuance, facts, and reality instead of superstition, feelings, and big money -- as conservatives do -- must have a mental disorder.


Like I said. This is the unbiased professional opinion of a psychiatrist. You can read an excerpt here. His book is available on Amazon.com

http://m.townhall.com...

So you're taking one right wing hack's opinion as gospel? Typical conservative.

The fact of the matter is, your side has had no cordial relationship with the facts and has been wrong at every turn both leading up to and following the crisis of 2008. So even if I have a mental disorder -- I don't, mind you -- at least at the end of the day, I can't say that I suffer from lack of intellectual vigor.

LOL! The author is not a right wing hack. Read his BIO.

Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr, MD received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago and served for two years as a psychiatrist in the United States Army. He is currently in private practice in the Chicago area.

Dr. Rossiter is board certified in both general and forensic psychiatry. For more than forty years he has diagnosed and treated mental disorders, with a special interest in personality pathology and its developmental origins.

He has been retained by numerous public offices, courts and private attorneys as a forensic psychiatrist and has consulted in more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases in both state and federal jurisdictions. Dr. Rossiter has lectured to various groups on subjects ranging from psychotherapy to the prevention of suicide.
For more information about Dr. Rossiter's forensic psychiatry practice, visit www.forensicpsychiatrist.com

I can see how this is upsetting you. After all, crazy people never think they're crazy. Seriously, though. This guys credentials are impeccable. I'm not saying all liberals are deranged. Just most of them.


Hey, just thought you ought to know it is the DSM V that tells whether something is a mental disorder, not some random person with a degree.

He is not some random person. You've seen his credentials. And just how do you think mental disorders get on the DSM V? Someone must first make an initial diagnosis. Hopefully, the rest of the medical community will wise up and get these people the treatment they so urgently need.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 1:05:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 1:02:38 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 12:00:00 PM, kbub wrote:
At 3/28/2014 11:01:57 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 9:48:12 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 9:01:42 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:54:24 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/28/2014 8:24:39 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
At 3/28/2014 2:10:42 AM, BobTurner wrote:
At 3/27/2014 11:12:52 PM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:
I don't know why you're asking liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Do you realize how unbelievably ignorant this comment is?

It is the opinion of a top psychiatrist. Any ignorance is on the part of anyone who doesn't realize that liberal/progressives are crazy, not to mention dangerous, when it come to national policy.

So now conservatives like science? Fascinating. Of course, it's not actually science -- that is, you haven't linked me to a credible source saying this. Rather it's your opinion that people who disagree with you and base their views on nuance, facts, and reality instead of superstition, feelings, and big money -- as conservatives do -- must have a mental disorder.


Like I said. This is the unbiased professional opinion of a psychiatrist. You can read an excerpt here. His book is available on Amazon.com

http://m.townhall.com...

So you're taking one right wing hack's opinion as gospel? Typical conservative.

The fact of the matter is, your side has had no cordial relationship with the facts and has been wrong at every turn both leading up to and following the crisis of 2008. So even if I have a mental disorder -- I don't, mind you -- at least at the end of the day, I can't say that I suffer from lack of intellectual vigor.

LOL! The author is not a right wing hack. Read his BIO.

Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr, MD received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago and served for two years as a psychiatrist in the United States Army. He is currently in private practice in the Chicago area.

Dr. Rossiter is board certified in both general and forensic psychiatry. For more than forty years he has diagnosed and treated mental disorders, with a special interest in personality pathology and its developmental origins.

He has been retained by numerous public offices, courts and private attorneys as a forensic psychiatrist and has consulted in more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases in both state and federal jurisdictions. Dr. Rossiter has lectured to various groups on subjects ranging from psychotherapy to the prevention of suicide.
For more information about Dr. Rossiter's forensic psychiatry practice, visit www.forensicpsychiatrist.com

I can see how this is upsetting you. After all, crazy people never think they're crazy. Seriously, though. This guys credentials are impeccable. I'm not saying all liberals are deranged. Just most of them.


Hey, just thought you ought to know it is the DSM V that tells whether something is a mental disorder, not some random person with a degree.

He is not some random person. You've seen his credentials. And just how do you think mental disorders get on the DSM V? Someone must first make an initial diagnosis. Hopefully, the rest of the medical community will wise up and get these people the treatment they so urgently need.

Wow. Are you trolling?
BobTurner
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 1:41:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 12:04:32 PM, monty1 wrote:
The second post by progressivedem was right on, the US has been getting better.

However, and it's a big one. All of Obama's good work can be quickly undone and reversed if the Republican party regain power in the two sides of congress as well as the presidency.

The right is having a close call and can see the time when their greed and selfishness could all come to an end. If they get the chance they will make sure they aren't ever threatened again.

A complete takeover by the right is what is now needed. Only that will wake up the masses of suffering Americans. It's going to be great theatre if the political right gains power.

Great theater, sure, and the Daily Show's rating will shoot through the roof. But to what avail? I shutter at the mere thought of a President Ted Cruz.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 7:56:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When it comes to job creation, educational achievement, and economic growth, I'll be candid and say that the nation has slowly been making progress.

However, the national debt, as well as our over-leveraged economy pose substantial risks for our future prosperity.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 8:18:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 7:56:04 PM, Contra wrote:
When it comes to job creation, educational achievement, and economic growth, I'll be candid and say that the nation has slowly been making progress.

However, the national debt, as well as our over-leveraged economy pose substantial risks for our future prosperity.

The national debt is hardly an issue, unless you still think that we actually will ever need to pay back the principle -- I assure you that we won't.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 9:09:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 7:15:17 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I think the country is getting better in some aspects -- increasing acceptance of gay marriage, rise of progressivism (calls for minimum wage increase, GOP governors caving and expanding Medicaid, positive results of the ACA, polls showing that the majority of the American public is on the side of progressives, etc.), and a slightly improving economy -- and worse in a number of others -- calls for teaching voodoo creationism in public schools, restrictive, unconstitutional abortion restrictions at the state level, the pervasion of heavily debunked trickle-down economics, right-wing attempts to call everything a scandal, increased prevalence of monied interest corrupting the political process, and Democrats calling Hillary "I heart Goldman Sachs" Clinton to run for president.

Wait, did I JUST READ A TRANSCRIPT FROM THE Rachel mADOW SHOW
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 9:13:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The decline of America has nothing to do with conservatism or progressivism. It is the dumb azz people of this country thinking govt will solve their problems or any problem for that matter and giving govt unlimited power to regulate them to death.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 6:42:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/28/2014 9:09:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:15:17 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I think the country is getting better in some aspects -- increasing acceptance of gay marriage, rise of progressivism (calls for minimum wage increase, GOP governors caving and expanding Medicaid, positive results of the ACA, polls showing that the majority of the American public is on the side of progressives, etc.), and a slightly improving economy -- and worse in a number of others -- calls for teaching voodoo creationism in public schools, restrictive, unconstitutional abortion restrictions at the state level, the pervasion of heavily debunked trickle-down economics, right-wing attempts to call everything a scandal, increased prevalence of monied interest corrupting the political process, and Democrats calling Hillary "I heart Goldman Sachs" Clinton to run for president.

Wait, did I JUST READ A TRANSCRIPT FROM THE Rachel mADOW SHOW

No, you didn't, but I'm stunned that you would find that to be an insult in any way. I don't watch Rachel Maddow -- in fact, with my busy schedule, I hardly watch television at all, though if I did, I'd watch Maddow and Hayes -- but she is one of the most intelligent news anchors out there. So, your point? If you compared me to Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly, perhaps I'd find reason to be insulted.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 7:32:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 6:42:06 AM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 3/28/2014 9:09:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/27/2014 7:15:17 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I think the country is getting better in some aspects -- increasing acceptance of gay marriage, rise of progressivism (calls for minimum wage increase, GOP governors caving and expanding Medicaid, positive results of the ACA, polls showing that the majority of the American public is on the side of progressives, etc.), and a slightly improving economy -- and worse in a number of others -- calls for teaching voodoo creationism in public schools, restrictive, unconstitutional abortion restrictions at the state level, the pervasion of heavily debunked trickle-down economics, right-wing attempts to call everything a scandal, increased prevalence of monied interest corrupting the political process, and Democrats calling Hillary "I heart Goldman Sachs" Clinton to run for president.

Wait, did I JUST READ A TRANSCRIPT FROM THE Rachel mADOW SHOW

No, you didn't, but I'm stunned that you would find that to be an insult in any way. I don't watch Rachel Maddow -- in fact, with my busy schedule, I hardly watch television at all, though if I did, I'd watch Maddow and Hayes -- but she is one of the most intelligent news anchors out there. So, your point? If you compared me to Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly, perhaps I'd find reason to be insulted.

It wasn't meant to be an insult. It's just so unoriginal and loaded with adhom talking points regurgitated day after day by the news media
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%