Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

Reaction to a Second American Civil War?

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2014 12:13:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I do not believe such an event would happen, although I am not American nor do I live there. But, if it did, how do you think the world react?

I honestly do not know for the most part, but I should imagine the Northern States would have the support of the European Union and NATO. As for the likes of China and Russia? Who knows...
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 10:24:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The biggest issue that would make your question relevant is exactly who would be the warring factions? Why would civil war erupt? Answering that question first would determine world reaction to the war.

For example, if it was a race war, well, I'm pretty sure the world would take a position of equality consistent with human rights law, regardless of whatever faction that would be. Some parts of the world may side with certain racial groups out of commonality.

If it was a class war, depends. I think it would be classified as a rebellion, and would receive little support except from those that want to see America's position weakened.

I can't even imagine a territorial-based dispute, except maybe, MAYBE Hawaii, and they're not going to fight over it, so that's a non-starter.

Holy war is another non-starter, as America is pretty much a Christian nation, and I don't see athiests/agnostics waging a war over their beliefs.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?