Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why I became a liberal

Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland

- Canada

- Japan

- Taiwan

- Norway

- Sweden

- France

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

- Spain

- South Africa

- Hungary

- United Kingdom

- Germany

- Finland

- Austria

- Australia

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

- Saudi Arabia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this argument has been used an extreme amount of times to argue conservatism, and I think its an undeniable argument. Liberal nations work, and conservative ones only do if they take away an extreme amount of freedom.

In conclusion:

HISTORY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, SO LETS NOT END UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF IT
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 7:58:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland

I I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Switzerland. The culture, people, food, politics, languages, approach to life... everything.

- Canada

Canada is nice too, but they make the United States look bad. I mean, they send us this bright, friendly and optimistic little pop singer known as Justin Bieber, and after just a few years in the United States and he's a drug addicted over-tatooed thug who urinates in public, curses Bill Clinton and assaults people.

- Japan

I wouldn't go so far as to call Japan "liberal."

- Taiwan

Not Taiwan...

- Norway

I <3 Norway.

- Sweden

I <3 Sweden, too.

- France

I <3 France, as well.

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

Bulgaria is kind of a difficult place, but it's better than Russia.

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

Ireland is, in many ways, the Alabama of the United Kingdom.

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

Prague. Nuff' said.

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

Not a bad place to raise a family, in truth.

- Spain

- South Africa

I hope, truly, that I have a house there someday.

- Hungary

- United Kingdom

Not a bad place, but given the choice between London or Paris, I'll take Paris every time.

- Germany

My ideological homeland.

- Finland

A wonderful country filled with wonderful people.

- Austria

Like Finland, a wonderful country filled with wonderful people.

- Australia

There is a nearly infinite number of good things to say about Australia, and New Zealand as well. Other than their censorship policies, it's a truly fantastic place to be. The men in Sidney, I think as well, are among the most attractive on earth. Only Northern Europe rivals the land down under.

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)

I wouldn't call Russia "successful." It's barely a first world nation that functions as a mafia-ran empire of deleteriousness. At best Russia is a gas station on life support, and at worst it is among the most morally corrupt countries in the whole of the Western world.

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

The UAE is nice if you're a wealthy European businessman. Other than that, it pretty much sucks.

- Saudi Arabia

I can think of third world countries in South America I'd rather live than Saudi Arabia, or, really, anywhere in the Middle East.
Tsar of DDO
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:04:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 7:58:53 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland

I I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Switzerland. The culture, people, food, politics, languages, approach to life... everything.

- Canada

Canada is nice too, but they make the United States look bad. I mean, they send us this bright, friendly and optimistic little pop singer known as Justin Bieber, and after just a few years in the United States and he's a drug addicted over-tatooed thug who urinates in public, curses Bill Clinton and assaults people.

- Japan

The Japanese Liberal party has 1100 seats out of 1200

- Taiwan

Taiwan has three main parties, all of which libertarian

- Norway

I <3 Norway.

- Sweden

I <3 Sweden, too.

- France

I <3 France, as well.

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

Bulgaria is kind of a difficult place, but i has a great economy and HRI

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

Ireland is, in many ways, an extremely catholic nation, but does have plenty of libertarians in house.

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

Prague. Nuff' said.

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

Not a bad place to raise a family, in truth.

- Spain

- South Africa

Sarcasm detected, but it is the most stable and richest nation in Africa, besides TOGO

- Hungary

- United Kingdom

Not a bad place, but given the choice between London or Paris, I'll take Paris every time.

- Germany

My ideological homeland.

- Finland

A wonderful country filled with wonderful people.

- Austria

Like Finland, a wonderful country filled with wonderful people.

- Australia

There is a nearly infinite number of good things to say about Australia, and New Zealand as well. Other than their censorship policies, it's a truly fantastic place to be. The men in Sidney, I think as well, are among the most attractive on earth. Only Northern Europe rivals the land down under.

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)

I wouldn't call Russia "successful." It's barely a first world nation that functions as a mafia-ran empire of deleteriousness. At best Russia is a gas station on life support, and at worst it is among the most morally corrupt countries in the whole of the Western world.
I 100% agree that russia is a $hithole with plenty of $hitty post communist laws. Mostly meant to be sarcastic

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

The UAE is nice if you're a wealthy European businessman. Other than that, it pretty much sucks.

Also agreed.

- Saudi Arabia

I can think of third world countries in South America I'd rather live than Saudi Arabia, or, really, anywhere in the Middle East.

Anyways, it seems we appear to be in agreement that conservative countries suck. I was going to put the US due to the liberal majority, but I decided against it.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:16:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:04:50 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:58:53 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland

I I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Switzerland. The culture, people, food, politics, languages, approach to life... everything.

- Canada

Canada is nice too, but they make the United States look bad. I mean, they send us this bright, friendly and optimistic little pop singer known as Justin Bieber, and after just a few years in the United States and he's a drug addicted over-tatooed thug who urinates in public, curses Bill Clinton and assaults people.

- Japan

The Japanese Liberal party has 1100 seats out of 1200

- Taiwan

Taiwan has three main parties, all of which libertarian

- Norway

I <3 Norway.

- Sweden

I <3 Sweden, too.

- France

I <3 France, as well.

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

Bulgaria is kind of a difficult place, but i has a great economy and HRI

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

Ireland is, in many ways, an extremely catholic nation, but does have plenty of libertarians in house.

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

Prague. Nuff' said.

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

Not a bad place to raise a family, in truth.

- Spain

- South Africa

Sarcasm detected, but it is the most stable and richest nation in Africa, besides TOGO

- Hungary

- United Kingdom

Not a bad place, but given the choice between London or Paris, I'll take Paris every time.

- Germany

My ideological homeland.

- Finland

A wonderful country filled with wonderful people.

- Austria

Like Finland, a wonderful country filled with wonderful people.

- Australia

There is a nearly infinite number of good things to say about Australia, and New Zealand as well. Other than their censorship policies, it's a truly fantastic place to be. The men in Sidney, I think as well, are among the most attractive on earth. Only Northern Europe rivals the land down under.

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)

I wouldn't call Russia "successful." It's barely a first world nation that functions as a mafia-ran empire of deleteriousness. At best Russia is a gas station on life support, and at worst it is among the most morally corrupt countries in the whole of the Western world.
I 100% agree that russia is a $hithole with plenty of $hitty post communist laws. Mostly meant to be sarcastic

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

The UAE is nice if you're a wealthy European businessman. Other than that, it pretty much sucks.

Also agreed.

- Saudi Arabia

I can think of third world countries in South America I'd rather live than Saudi Arabia, or, really, anywhere in the Middle East.

Anyways, it seems we appear to be in agreement that conservative countries suck. I was going to put the US due to the liberal majority, but I decided against it.

"Liberal" in Japan and Taiwan does not mean the same thing that it does in the United States or the West, generally.

Ireland has some Libertarians, sure. It's also very much the Alabama of the United Kingdom.
Tsar of DDO
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:25:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:16:48 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:04:50 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:58:53 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland

I I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Switzerland. The culture, people, food, politics, languages, approach to life... everything.

- Canada

Canada is nice too, but they make the United States look bad. I mean, they send us this bright, friendly and optimistic little pop singer known as Justin Bieber, and after just a few years in the United States and he's a drug addicted over-tatooed thug who urinates in public, curses Bill Clinton and assaults people.

- Japan

The Japanese Liberal party has 1100 seats out of 1200

- Taiwan

Taiwan has three main parties, all of which libertarian

- Norway

I <3 Norway.

- Sweden

I <3 Sweden, too.

- France

I <3 France, as well.

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

Bulgaria is kind of a difficult place, but i has a great economy and HRI

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

Ireland is, in many ways, an extremely catholic nation, but does have plenty of libertarians in house.

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

Prague. Nuff' said.

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

Not a bad place to raise a family, in truth.

- Spain

- South Africa

Sarcasm detected, but it is the most stable and richest nation in Africa, besides TOGO

- Hungary

- United Kingdom

Not a bad place, but given the choice between London or Paris, I'll take Paris every time.

- Germany

My ideological homeland.

- Finland

A wonderful country filled with wonderful people.

- Austria

Like Finland, a wonderful country filled with wonderful people.

- Australia

There is a nearly infinite number of good things to say about Australia, and New Zealand as well. Other than their censorship policies, it's a truly fantastic place to be. The men in Sidney, I think as well, are among the most attractive on earth. Only Northern Europe rivals the land down under.

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)

I wouldn't call Russia "successful." It's barely a first world nation that functions as a mafia-ran empire of deleteriousness. At best Russia is a gas station on life support, and at worst it is among the most morally corrupt countries in the whole of the Western world.
I 100% agree that russia is a $hithole with plenty of $hitty post communist laws. Mostly meant to be sarcastic

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

The UAE is nice if you're a wealthy European businessman. Other than that, it pretty much sucks.

Also agreed.

- Saudi Arabia

I can think of third world countries in South America I'd rather live than Saudi Arabia, or, really, anywhere in the Middle East.

Anyways, it seems we appear to be in agreement that conservative countries suck. I was going to put the US due to the liberal majority, but I decided against it.

"Liberal" in Japan and Taiwan does not mean the same thing that it does in the United States or the West, generally.

Ireland has some Libertarians, sure. It's also very much the Alabama of the United Kingdom.

I highly disagree with you. Japan and Taiwan are the MOST liberal nations on earth. All their laws align with liberalism
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:38:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:25:58 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I highly disagree with you. Japan and Taiwan are the MOST liberal nations on earth. All their laws align with liberalism

First of all, the Liberal-Democratic party in Japan is relatively more conservative than others. It's name is only that... a name. Secondly, even though the LDP has been replaced with a more authentically left-leaning coalition, the electorate is decidedly conservative as shown by the latest prime minister election results. Thirdly, libertarianism is fledgling in Japan at best, as evidenced both by Libertarian-like Japanese political parties almost total lack of electoral success and Japanese statist-conservative party's prominence. Japan is a country that viscerally opposes individualism, that believes self identity is inseparable from the greater whole and disregards western ideas of "individualism" -the very foundation of Western liberalism- as nonsense.

Further reading:

http://www.bostonglobe.com...
Tsar of DDO
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:40:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:38:10 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:25:58 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I highly disagree with you. Japan and Taiwan are the MOST liberal nations on earth. All their laws align with liberalism

First of all, the Liberal-Democratic party in Japan is relatively more conservative than others. It's name is only that... a name. Secondly, even though the LDP has been replaced with a more authentically left-leaning coalition, the electorate is decidedly conservative as shown by the latest prime minister election results. Thirdly, libertarianism is fledgling in Japan at best, as evidenced both by Libertarian-like Japanese political parties almost total lack of electoral success and Japanese statist-conservative party's prominence. Japan is a country that viscerally opposes individualism, that believes self identity is inseparable from the greater whole and disregards western ideas of "individualism" -the very foundation of Western liberalism- as nonsense.

Further reading:

http://www.bostonglobe.com...

I highly disagree. No guns, equal treatment, no conventional military, progressive socialistic reforms, and absolute freedom from religion. How is that not liberalism?
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:42:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:40:54 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:38:10 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:25:58 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I highly disagree with you. Japan and Taiwan are the MOST liberal nations on earth. All their laws align with liberalism

First of all, the Liberal-Democratic party in Japan is relatively more conservative than others. It's name is only that... a name. Secondly, even though the LDP has been replaced with a more authentically left-leaning coalition, the electorate is decidedly conservative as shown by the latest prime minister election results. Thirdly, libertarianism is fledgling in Japan at best, as evidenced both by Libertarian-like Japanese political parties almost total lack of electoral success and Japanese statist-conservative party's prominence. Japan is a country that viscerally opposes individualism, that believes self identity is inseparable from the greater whole and disregards western ideas of "individualism" -the very foundation of Western liberalism- as nonsense.

Further reading:

http://www.bostonglobe.com...

I highly disagree. No guns, equal treatment, no conventional military, progressive socialistic reforms, and absolute freedom from religion. How is that not liberalism?

You should read the little treatise on Liberalism I've got linked in my signature, and then read up on the political parties of Japan.
Tsar of DDO
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:47:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:42:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:40:54 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:38:10 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:25:58 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I highly disagree with you. Japan and Taiwan are the MOST liberal nations on earth. All their laws align with liberalism

First of all, the Liberal-Democratic party in Japan is relatively more conservative than others. It's name is only that... a name. Secondly, even though the LDP has been replaced with a more authentically left-leaning coalition, the electorate is decidedly conservative as shown by the latest prime minister election results. Thirdly, libertarianism is fledgling in Japan at best, as evidenced both by Libertarian-like Japanese political parties almost total lack of electoral success and Japanese statist-conservative party's prominence. Japan is a country that viscerally opposes individualism, that believes self identity is inseparable from the greater whole and disregards western ideas of "individualism" -the very foundation of Western liberalism- as nonsense.

Further reading:

http://www.bostonglobe.com...

I highly disagree. No guns, equal treatment, no conventional military, progressive socialistic reforms, and absolute freedom from religion. How is that not liberalism?

You should read the little treatise on Liberalism I've got linked in my signature, and then read up on the political parties of Japan.

Yes, and I believe it to be a bad article. Japan is classified as a majority party state, meaning that the party is unlikely to lose power. Yet your source says it is. I will concede that they are centrist though. I will not for Taiwan, because they are extremely liberal. Either way, the liberal democratic party is probably the most successful party in the world
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
YYW
Posts: 36,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:56:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:47:04 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:42:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:40:54 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:38:10 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:25:58 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I highly disagree with you. Japan and Taiwan are the MOST liberal nations on earth. All their laws align with liberalism

First of all, the Liberal-Democratic party in Japan is relatively more conservative than others. It's name is only that... a name. Secondly, even though the LDP has been replaced with a more authentically left-leaning coalition, the electorate is decidedly conservative as shown by the latest prime minister election results. Thirdly, libertarianism is fledgling in Japan at best, as evidenced both by Libertarian-like Japanese political parties almost total lack of electoral success and Japanese statist-conservative party's prominence. Japan is a country that viscerally opposes individualism, that believes self identity is inseparable from the greater whole and disregards western ideas of "individualism" -the very foundation of Western liberalism- as nonsense.

Further reading:

http://www.bostonglobe.com...

I highly disagree. No guns, equal treatment, no conventional military, progressive socialistic reforms, and absolute freedom from religion. How is that not liberalism?

You should read the little treatise on Liberalism I've got linked in my signature, and then read up on the political parties of Japan.

Yes, and I believe it to be a bad article. Japan is classified as a majority party state, meaning that the party is unlikely to lose power. Yet your source says it is. I will concede that they are centrist though. I will not for Taiwan, because they are extremely liberal. Either way, the liberal democratic party is probably the most successful party in the world

Ok. I mean, I've done all I can do at this point. But I'd encourage you to read deeper into Japanese politics, dude.
Tsar of DDO
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:59:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:56:11 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:47:04 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:42:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:40:54 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:38:10 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:25:58 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I highly disagree with you. Japan and Taiwan are the MOST liberal nations on earth. All their laws align with liberalism

First of all, the Liberal-Democratic party in Japan is relatively more conservative than others. It's name is only that... a name. Secondly, even though the LDP has been replaced with a more authentically left-leaning coalition, the electorate is decidedly conservative as shown by the latest prime minister election results. Thirdly, libertarianism is fledgling in Japan at best, as evidenced both by Libertarian-like Japanese political parties almost total lack of electoral success and Japanese statist-conservative party's prominence. Japan is a country that viscerally opposes individualism, that believes self identity is inseparable from the greater whole and disregards western ideas of "individualism" -the very foundation of Western liberalism- as nonsense.

Further reading:

http://www.bostonglobe.com...

I highly disagree. No guns, equal treatment, no conventional military, progressive socialistic reforms, and absolute freedom from religion. How is that not liberalism?

You should read the little treatise on Liberalism I've got linked in my signature, and then read up on the political parties of Japan.

Yes, and I believe it to be a bad article. Japan is classified as a majority party state, meaning that the party is unlikely to lose power. Yet your source says it is. I will concede that they are centrist though. I will not for Taiwan, because they are extremely liberal. Either way, the liberal democratic party is probably the most successful party in the world

Ok. I mean, I've done all I can do at this point. But I'd encourage you to read deeper into Japanese politics, dude.

I know quite a bit, and I conceded. They are not left enough to be liberal or right enough to be conservative. Centrist! As for Taiwan, they are progressive.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 10:41:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Do you think population is a factor?
Most of those countries have less, by 1/3 or more, of a population than the US.
Should that be taken into consideration?

Government can only have so many jobs to employ, and have jobs than need to be employed, so right out the door, a higher percent of people have employment. If that makes sense.
My work here is, finally, done.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 2:44:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/30/2014 10:41:38 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Do you think population is a factor?
Most of those countries have less, by 1/3 or more, of a population than the US.
Should that be taken into consideration?

Government can only have so many jobs to employ, and have jobs than need to be employed, so right out the door, a higher percent of people have employment. If that makes sense.

That's not true. Countries like Japan, UK, Canada, Germany, France, and Spain have plenty of population. And I don't get your population reasoning.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 3:07:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland
Ranked one of the most capitalist countries in the world.

- Canada
http://www.help.senate.gov...

- Japan
A capitalist country

- Taiwan
A capitalist country

- Norway

- Sweden

- France

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

- Spain

- South Africa

- Hungary

- United Kingdom
A capitalist country

- Germany
A capitalist country

- Finland

- Austria

- Australia

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)
Russia used to be the Soviet Union, remember? How can you call them conservative? Also, Conservatism doesn't equal authoritarianism, and Liberalism doesn't equal libertarianism.

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

- Saudi Arabia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this argument has been used an extreme amount of times to argue conservatism, and I think its an undeniable argument. Liberal nations work, and conservative ones only do if they take away an extreme amount of freedom.

In conclusion:

HISTORY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, SO LETS NOT END UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF IT

http://www.pbs.org...
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 3:10:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 3:07:15 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland
Ranked one of the most capitalist countries in the world.

- Canada
http://www.help.senate.gov...

- Japan
A capitalist country

- Taiwan
A capitalist country

- Norway

- Sweden

- France

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

- Spain

- South Africa

- Hungary

- United Kingdom
A capitalist country

- Germany
A capitalist country

- Finland

- Austria

- Australia

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)
Russia used to be the Soviet Union, remember? How can you call them conservative? Also, Conservatism doesn't equal authoritarianism, and Liberalism doesn't equal libertarianism.

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

- Saudi Arabia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this argument has been used an extreme amount of times to argue conservatism, and I think its an undeniable argument. Liberal nations work, and conservative ones only do if they take away an extreme amount of freedom.

In conclusion:

HISTORY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, SO LETS NOT END UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF IT

http://www.pbs.org...

Bubba, are you serious? All these countries are capitalistic, and all have a libertarian majority in congress/parliament.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
bubbatheclown
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 3:14:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 3:10:22 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/1/2014 3:07:15 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland
Ranked one of the most capitalist countries in the world.

- Canada
http://www.help.senate.gov...

- Japan
A capitalist country

- Taiwan
A capitalist country

- Norway

- Sweden

- France

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

- Spain

- South Africa

- Hungary

- United Kingdom
A capitalist country

- Germany
A capitalist country

- Finland

- Austria

- Australia

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)
Russia used to be the Soviet Union, remember? How can you call them conservative? Also, Conservatism doesn't equal authoritarianism, and Liberalism doesn't equal libertarianism.

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

- Saudi Arabia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this argument has been used an extreme amount of times to argue conservatism, and I think its an undeniable argument. Liberal nations work, and conservative ones only do if they take away an extreme amount of freedom.

In conclusion:

HISTORY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, SO LETS NOT END UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF IT

http://www.pbs.org...

Bubba, are you serious? All these countries are capitalistic, and all have a libertarian majority in congress/parliament.

Capitalist countries are usually successful, and capitalism with little government regulation is a Right Wing idea.
HOWEVER, these countries are not without their problems. Many liberals praise Western Europe without looking closely at the problems that plague Europe, such as its low birth rates and its stagnating economies.
P.S. In Japan strong values are emphasized, a Conservative idea.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 3:18:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 3:14:07 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 4/1/2014 3:10:22 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/1/2014 3:07:15 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland
Ranked one of the most capitalist countries in the world.

- Canada
http://www.help.senate.gov...

- Japan
A capitalist country

- Taiwan
A capitalist country

- Norway

- Sweden

- France

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

- Spain

- South Africa

- Hungary

- United Kingdom
A capitalist country

- Germany
A capitalist country

- Finland

- Austria

- Australia

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)
Russia used to be the Soviet Union, remember? How can you call them conservative? Also, Conservatism doesn't equal authoritarianism, and Liberalism doesn't equal libertarianism.

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

- Saudi Arabia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this argument has been used an extreme amount of times to argue conservatism, and I think its an undeniable argument. Liberal nations work, and conservative ones only do if they take away an extreme amount of freedom.

In conclusion:

HISTORY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, SO LETS NOT END UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF IT

http://www.pbs.org...

Bubba, are you serious? All these countries are capitalistic, and all have a libertarian majority in congress/parliament.

Capitalist countries are usually successful, and capitalism with little government regulation is a Right Wing idea.
HOWEVER, these countries are not without their problems. Many liberals praise Western Europe without looking closely at the problems that plague Europe, such as its low birth rates and its stagnating economies.
P.S. In Japan strong values are emphasized, a Conservative idea.

Bubba, as I restate, all these countries are capitalist. Every single one supports free market and limited government control in economic affairs. Everyone of them has socialist policies, but that's because some are needed.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Conservative101
Posts: 191
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 3:31:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/1/2014 3:14:07 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 4/1/2014 3:10:22 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/1/2014 3:07:15 PM, bubbatheclown wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now. I also believe history is in the making, and here is a summary of my reasoning.

Successful Liberal Democracies

- Switzerland
Ranked one of the most capitalist countries in the world.

- Canada
http://www.help.senate.gov...

- Japan
A capitalist country

- Taiwan
A capitalist country

- Norway

- Sweden

- France

- Belgium

- Bulgaria

- Costa Rica

- Ireland

- Jamaica

- Czech Republic

- Poland

- Portugal

- Italy

- Spain

- South Africa

- Hungary

- United Kingdom
A capitalist country

- Germany
A capitalist country

- Finland

- Austria

- Australia

List of Successful Conservative Democracies

- Russia (And they have low freedoms)
Russia used to be the Soviet Union, remember? How can you call them conservative? Also, Conservatism doesn't equal authoritarianism, and Liberalism doesn't equal libertarianism.

- UAE (More freedoms then Russia, but still Islamic Fascism)

- Saudi Arabia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this argument has been used an extreme amount of times to argue conservatism, and I think its an undeniable argument. Liberal nations work, and conservative ones only do if they take away an extreme amount of freedom.

In conclusion:

HISTORY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, SO LETS NOT END UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF IT

http://www.pbs.org...

Bubba, are you serious? All these countries are capitalistic, and all have a libertarian majority in congress/parliament.

Capitalist countries are usually successful, and capitalism with little government regulation is a Right Wing idea.
HOWEVER, these countries are not without their problems. Many liberals praise Western Europe without looking closely at the problems that plague Europe, such as its low birth rates and its stagnating economies.
P.S. In Japan strong values are emphasized, a Conservative idea.

American politics aren't the same as foreign politics. It's true, Europe has quite a few problems. They're very secular, and the people there have pretty low morals. Also, capitalism is more of a conservative look at the economy; it's definitely not liberal.
When in doubt, start riots and scream racism
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2014 8:59:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
No country in the world is "socialist", taking the definition that is the state/community owning means of production.

The fact that successful countries in the world are capitalist says nothing about the success or failure of socialism, just that capitalism is what happened to develop/develops naturally. Capitalism also acts like a virus, in the 19th and 20th centuries, countries that failed to convert ended up embracing modern capitalism by force or necessity. Japan, for instance.

I don't think this says anything against socialism, and so it doesn't say anything against socialist policies. We have to examine which countries have socialist "policies", and those would be countries like in western and northern Europe. The fact that they are capitalist does not make them conservative, because literally everything in the world would be conservative. Certainly policies like universal health care are not conservative, and I'm pretty sure every other advanced industrial country besides the U.S. has that.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2014 7:30:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 8:56:11 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:47:04 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:42:07 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:40:54 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:38:10 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2014 8:25:58 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I highly disagree with you. Japan and Taiwan are the MOST liberal nations on earth. All their laws align with liberalism

First of all, the Liberal-Democratic party in Japan is relatively more conservative than others. It's name is only that... a name. Secondly, even though the LDP has been replaced with a more authentically left-leaning coalition, the electorate is decidedly conservative as shown by the latest prime minister election results. Thirdly, libertarianism is fledgling in Japan at best, as evidenced both by Libertarian-like Japanese political parties almost total lack of electoral success and Japanese statist-conservative party's prominence. Japan is a country that viscerally opposes individualism, that believes self identity is inseparable from the greater whole and disregards western ideas of "individualism" -the very foundation of Western liberalism- as nonsense.

Further reading:

http://www.bostonglobe.com...

I highly disagree. No guns, equal treatment, no conventional military, progressive socialistic reforms, and absolute freedom from religion. How is that not liberalism?

You should read the little treatise on Liberalism I've got linked in my signature, and then read up on the political parties of Japan.

Yes, and I believe it to be a bad article. Japan is classified as a majority party state, meaning that the party is unlikely to lose power. Yet your source says it is. I will concede that they are centrist though. I will not for Taiwan, because they are extremely liberal. Either way, the liberal democratic party is probably the most successful party in the world

Ok. I mean, I've done all I can do at this point. But I'd encourage you to read deeper into Japanese politics, dude.

I also looked it up, and their is a difference between western conservatism and eastern conservatism. Eastern conservatism promotes less government interference, while also advocating for social progression.

So arguments can easily be made on both sides.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
jimtimmy3
Posts: 189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:02:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I hope this is a joke, because the stupidity is strong in this post. The most successful countries are libertarian. So, if your view was based entirely on evidence, you would be a libertarian.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:27:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 3:02:18 AM, jimtimmy3 wrote:
I hope this is a joke, because the stupidity is strong in this post. The most successful countries are libertarian. So, if your view was based entirely on evidence, you would be a libertarian.

I am liberal though :/
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 3:29:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/5/2014 7:49:15 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why did you omit the Netherlands?

I did? Apparently they don't have a extreme liberal majority then, according to my list.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
jimtimmy3
Posts: 189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:00:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 3:27:17 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/6/2014 3:02:18 AM, jimtimmy3 wrote:
I hope this is a joke, because the stupidity is strong in this post. The most successful countries are libertarian. So, if your view was based entirely on evidence, you would be a libertarian.

I am liberal though :/

Well, then your view is not based on evidence.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:01:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 4:00:49 AM, jimtimmy3 wrote:
At 4/6/2014 3:27:17 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/6/2014 3:02:18 AM, jimtimmy3 wrote:
I hope this is a joke, because the stupidity is strong in this post. The most successful countries are libertarian. So, if your view was based entirely on evidence, you would be a libertarian.

I am liberal though :/


Well, then your view is not based on evidence.

K then
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
jimtimmy3
Posts: 189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 4:01:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/6/2014 4:01:14 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/6/2014 4:00:49 AM, jimtimmy3 wrote:
At 4/6/2014 3:27:17 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/6/2014 3:02:18 AM, jimtimmy3 wrote:
I hope this is a joke, because the stupidity is strong in this post. The most successful countries are libertarian. So, if your view was based entirely on evidence, you would be a libertarian.

I am liberal though :/


Well, then your view is not based on evidence.

K then

Good. At least you admit it.
Wocambs
Posts: 1,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2014 9:16:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 7:25:55 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
I have a personal philosophy, where I base all my reasoning on the past. If it didn't work in the past, then I wont lie to myself that it can work now.

Wins the award for dumbest statement of the year.