Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

why are republican mad all the time?

nerosmoke
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 7:40:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think they feel like their world is falling apart. Ultra-conservatives must be horrified at the U.S. right now, what with gay rights and abortion and (gasp!) affordable health care.

Even though the U.S. is still the most conservative 1st world western country, as far as I know.
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 4:12:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Conservatives (Republican or Democrat) are not necessarily angry, but they are often dismayed at the direction this country has been going in for the past century or so.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 4:30:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 4:12:09 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Conservatives (Republican or Democrat) are not necessarily angry, but they are often dismayed at the direction this country has been going in for the past century or so.

But their policies have been the law of the land for the past 34 years..for goodness' sake, even ObamaCare is theirs. What isn't there to like?

I mean, they should love Obama: he's a warmonger, he loves drones, he continued NSA spying, he made 90% of the Bush tax cuts permanent, he's buddy-buddy with the insurance and defense industry, he thinks states have the rights to bar gay people from their civil rights, he passed the Heritage Foundation's healthcare law...the list just goes on.
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 4:41:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 4:30:01 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:12:09 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Conservatives (Republican or Democrat) are not necessarily angry, but they are often dismayed at the direction this country has been going in for the past century or so.


But their policies have been the law of the land for the past 34 years..for goodness' sake, even ObamaCare is theirs. What isn't there to like?

I mean, they should love Obama: he's a warmonger, he loves drones, he continued NSA spying, he made 90% of the Bush tax cuts permanent, he's buddy-buddy with the insurance and defense industry, he thinks states have the rights to bar gay people from their civil rights, he passed the Heritage Foundation's healthcare law...the list just goes on.

Gay marriage is legal in some states, abortion in some form is legal just about everywhere in the US, the IRS discriminates against Conservatives, the military considers conservative groups (and I'm not just talking about crazies like the KKK, Hutaree, or Westboro) to be threats to national security, the ACA was passed (even if Republicans brought it forth it's not what Conservatives want) our Presidents have been spending us into debt since Reagan, increased government standards on everything, and the list goes on.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 4:45:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 4:41:37 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:30:01 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:12:09 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Conservatives (Republican or Democrat) are not necessarily angry, but they are often dismayed at the direction this country has been going in for the past century or so.


But their policies have been the law of the land for the past 34 years..for goodness' sake, even ObamaCare is theirs. What isn't there to like?

I mean, they should love Obama: he's a warmonger, he loves drones, he continued NSA spying, he made 90% of the Bush tax cuts permanent, he's buddy-buddy with the insurance and defense industry, he thinks states have the rights to bar gay people from their civil rights, he passed the Heritage Foundation's healthcare law...the list just goes on.

Gay marriage is legal in some states, abortion in some form is legal just about everywhere in the US, the IRS discriminates against Conservatives, the military considers conservative groups (and I'm not just talking about crazies like the KKK, Hutaree, or Westboro) to be threats to national security, the ACA was passed (even if Republicans brought it forth it's not what Conservatives want) our Presidents have been spending us into debt since Reagan, increased government standards on everything, and the list goes on.

And did I forget to mention that you can be arrested for your business refusing to participate in a gay wedding? And the media would side against you almost every time. If they're not siding against you then they're neutral.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 4:50:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 4:41:37 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:30:01 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:12:09 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Conservatives (Republican or Democrat) are not necessarily angry, but they are often dismayed at the direction this country has been going in for the past century or so.


But their policies have been the law of the land for the past 34 years..for goodness' sake, even ObamaCare is theirs. What isn't there to like?

I mean, they should love Obama: he's a warmonger, he loves drones, he continued NSA spying, he made 90% of the Bush tax cuts permanent, he's buddy-buddy with the insurance and defense industry, he thinks states have the rights to bar gay people from their civil rights, he passed the Heritage Foundation's healthcare law...the list just goes on.

Gay marriage is legal in some states, abortion in some form is legal just about everywhere in the US, the IRS discriminates against Conservatives, the military considers conservative groups (and I'm not just talking about crazies like the KKK, Hutaree, or Westboro) to be threats to national security, the ACA was passed (even if Republicans brought it forth it's not what Conservatives want) our Presidents have been spending us into debt since Reagan, increased government standards on everything, and the list goes on.

I'll go through these one by one....darn, I told some other guy that I had a paper to write, but stuff like this keeps pulling me back:

1. Gay marriage is only legal in 17 states, and there are states like Arizona and Mississippi trying to legalize private sector discrimination against gay people.
2. Yes, but abortion has been legal since 1973, and Bush had a chance to pass a law against it, but never did. Why? Because they need to run on this issue.
3. What you said about the IRS is complete and utter BS. They gave special scrutiny to both liberal and conservative groups because 501(c)(4)'s are supposed to be primarily for social welfare -- yet Crossroads GPS surely is not. AND they only denied a liberal group. So you're wrong on your facts there.
4. Uhhh the military considers conservative groups threats? Why, because McChrystal banned Fox News from his headquarters? That doesn't mean he viewed it as a national security threat -- perhaps he didn't want the vitriolic, fabricated nonsense on a military headquarters. It makes sense to me.
5. The ACA, again, is a GOP idea, created by Nixon, codified by the Heritage Foundation, endorsed by every Republican in the 90s including Newt Gingrich and Chuck Grassley as the alternative to HillaryCare, and passed into law by Mitt Romney only years before Obama passed it -- and Jim DeMint endorsed him BECAUSE of the individual mandate. Conservatives only disliked it after Obama took it up.
6. Well, you're right that Reagan was a massive deficit spender...I love how you pointed that out, though, because it only speaks to the fact that the GOP's gold standard (no pun intended) was an even bigger spender than the guy whom they're decrying as a "MASSIVE SOCIALIST COMMUNIST BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDER!" The deficit has fallen under Obama at historic levels, actually, even though George W. Bush handed him a $1.2 trillion deficit by virtue of two rounds of tax cuts, a prescription drug benefit -- that conservatives LOVED at the time -- No Child Left Behind -- conservatives also loved at the time -- two stupid wars -- which conservatives loved and voted for, even though Iraq was based on a lie -- a recession caused by GOP deregulation (and, to be fair, Clinton also contributed with his repeal of Glass-Steagall) and massive defense contracts.
7. Increased standards? If you're talking about fuel and carbon emissions, then sure, Obama's been O.K. on that, though his former EPA Secretary resigned, so he isn't the best by far. It's funny, because Republicans used to care about the environment -- Nixon created the EPA, for goodness' sake. If you mean increased standards when it comes to financial regulation, you couldn't be more wrong. We've been deregulating for 30 years, and it's been disastrous. There was much more regulation -- and higher taxes, more public investment, etc. -- from 1945 - 1980.

So, no, we've been basically following the GOP model for the past 30 years.
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 5:17:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 4:50:58 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:41:37 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:30:01 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:12:09 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Conservatives (Republican or Democrat) are not necessarily angry, but they are often dismayed at the direction this country has been going in for the past century or so.


But their policies have been the law of the land for the past 34 years..for goodness' sake, even ObamaCare is theirs. What isn't there to like?

I mean, they should love Obama: he's a warmonger, he loves drones, he continued NSA spying, he made 90% of the Bush tax cuts permanent, he's buddy-buddy with the insurance and defense industry, he thinks states have the rights to bar gay people from their civil rights, he passed the Heritage Foundation's healthcare law...the list just goes on.

Gay marriage is legal in some states, abortion in some form is legal just about everywhere in the US, the IRS discriminates against Conservatives, the military considers conservative groups (and I'm not just talking about crazies like the KKK, Hutaree, or Westboro) to be threats to national security, the ACA was passed (even if Republicans brought it forth it's not what Conservatives want) our Presidents have been spending us into debt since Reagan, increased government standards on everything, and the list goes on.

I'll go through these one by one....darn, I told some other guy that I had a paper to write, but stuff like this keeps pulling me back:

1. Gay marriage is only legal in 17 states, and there are states like Arizona and Mississippi trying to legalize private sector discrimination against gay people.

Unlike what some liberals may think, we do not seek to stone gays or put them in asylums where they go through shock therapy. Conservatives (most of us, anyway) believe that gays should be treated like normal people and that they should be able to have their civil unions, but that allowing them to "marry" is an insult to God.

2. Yes, but abortion has been legal since 1973, and Bush had a chance to pass a law against it, but never did. Why? Because they need to run on this issue.

Sad, but true.

3. What you said about the IRS is complete and utter BS. They gave special scrutiny to both liberal and conservative groups because 501(c)(4)'s are supposed to be primarily for social welfare -- yet Crossroads GPS surely is not. AND they only denied a liberal group. So you're wrong on your facts there.
4. Uhhh the military considers conservative groups threats? Why, because McChrystal banned Fox News from his headquarters? That doesn't mean he viewed it as a national security threat -- perhaps he didn't want the vitriolic, fabricated nonsense on a military headquarters. It makes sense to me.

http://abcnews.go.com...

5. The ACA, again, is a GOP idea, created by Nixon, codified by the Heritage Foundation, endorsed by every Republican in the 90s including Newt Gingrich and Chuck Grassley as the alternative to HillaryCare, and passed into law by Mitt Romney only years before Obama passed it -- and Jim DeMint endorsed him BECAUSE of the individual mandate. Conservatives only disliked it after Obama took it up.

It was a big mistake on the part of Republicans, and was something that occurred 20 years ago. Also, I'm sure that the original proposition had significant differences compared to Obama's ACA.

6. Well, you're right that Reagan was a massive deficit spender...I love how you pointed that out, though, because it only speaks to the fact that the GOP's gold standard (no pun intended) was an even bigger spender than the guy whom they're decrying as a "MASSIVE SOCIALIST COMMUNIST BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDER!" The deficit has fallen under Obama at historic levels, actually, even though George W. Bush handed him a $1.2 trillion deficit by virtue of two rounds of tax cuts, a prescription drug benefit -- that conservatives LOVED at the time -- No Child Left Behind -- conservatives also loved at the time -- two stupid wars -- which conservatives loved and voted for, even though Iraq was based on a lie -- a recession caused by GOP deregulation (and, to be fair, Clinton also contributed with his repeal of Glass-Steagall) and massive defense contracts.

7. Most of Reagan's spending came from the military, which helped bring down the U.S.S.R.

7. Increased standards? If you're talking about fuel and carbon emissions, then sure, Obama's been O.K. on that, though his former EPA Secretary resigned, so he isn't the best by far. It's funny, because Republicans used to care about the environment -- Nixon created the EPA, for goodness' sake. If you mean increased standards when it comes to financial regulation, you couldn't be more wrong. We've been deregulating for 30 years, and it's been disastrous. There was much more regulation -- and higher taxes, more public investment, etc. -- from 1945 - 1980.

So, no, we've been basically following the GOP model for the past 30 years.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 5:26:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 5:17:45 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:50:58 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:41:37 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:30:01 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:12:09 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Conservatives (Republican or Democrat) are not necessarily angry, but they are often dismayed at the direction this country has been going in for the past century or so.


But their policies have been the law of the land for the past 34 years..for goodness' sake, even ObamaCare is theirs. What isn't there to like?

I mean, they should love Obama: he's a warmonger, he loves drones, he continued NSA spying, he made 90% of the Bush tax cuts permanent, he's buddy-buddy with the insurance and defense industry, he thinks states have the rights to bar gay people from their civil rights, he passed the Heritage Foundation's healthcare law...the list just goes on.

Gay marriage is legal in some states, abortion in some form is legal just about everywhere in the US, the IRS discriminates against Conservatives, the military considers conservative groups (and I'm not just talking about crazies like the KKK, Hutaree, or Westboro) to be threats to national security, the ACA was passed (even if Republicans brought it forth it's not what Conservatives want) our Presidents have been spending us into debt since Reagan, increased government standards on everything, and the list goes on.

I'll go through these one by one....darn, I told some other guy that I had a paper to write, but stuff like this keeps pulling me back:

1. Gay marriage is only legal in 17 states, and there are states like Arizona and Mississippi trying to legalize private sector discrimination against gay people.

Unlike what some liberals may think, we do not seek to stone gays or put them in asylums where they go through shock therapy. Conservatives (most of us, anyway) believe that gays should be treated like normal people and that they should be able to have their civil unions, but that allowing them to "marry" is an insult to God.

Interesting, because your Bible says you need to stone them to death.

And that's a fascinating point, except you don't have the right to do that. The founding fathers were explicit that church and government needed to be separated. Can you actually make a secular case against gay marriage?

And, no, most conservatives don't support civil unions. Case in point, Mittens, Gingrich, Bachmann, Perry, Santorum, Cain, etc. wanted to literally amend the Constitution to ban it. Why not repeal the first amendment while we're at it?

And, way to dodge the point. I made the case about the Mississippi and Arizona laws, and you dodged that entirely.

2. Yes, but abortion has been legal since 1973, and Bush had a chance to pass a law against it, but never did. Why? Because they need to run on this issue.

Sad, but true.

Well, considering that prior to Roe v. Wade we were dealing with back-alley abortions, I'd say it's a good thing. Not to mention it's a bit hypocritical for Republicans to claim to be pro-life and slash food stamps and social safety net programs, oppose contraception access, etc.

3. What you said about the IRS is complete and utter BS. They gave special scrutiny to both liberal and conservative groups because 501(c)(4)'s are supposed to be primarily for social welfare -- yet Crossroads GPS surely is not. AND they only denied a liberal group. So you're wrong on your facts there.
4. Uhhh the military considers conservative groups threats? Why, because McChrystal banned Fox News from his headquarters? That doesn't mean he viewed it as a national security threat -- perhaps he didn't want the vitriolic, fabricated nonsense on a military headquarters. It makes sense to me.

http://abcnews.go.com...

So a report from the DHS says that there are anti-government right-wing extremists. Your point?

For goodness' sake, man, I handed you a softball by pointing out McChrystal. That was actually a better argument than this silly report.

5. The ACA, again, is a GOP idea, created by Nixon, codified by the Heritage Foundation, endorsed by every Republican in the 90s including Newt Gingrich and Chuck Grassley as the alternative to HillaryCare, and passed into law by Mitt Romney only years before Obama passed it -- and Jim DeMint endorsed him BECAUSE of the individual mandate. Conservatives only disliked it after Obama took it up.

It was a big mistake on the part of Republicans, and was something that occurred 20 years ago. Also, I'm sure that the original proposition had significant differences compared to Obama's ACA.

No, it wasn't. Mitt Romney passed RomneyCare in 2006.

You're right, it had one major difference: it covered abortions! I'm serious, that was the only actual difference between them.

6. Well, you're right that Reagan was a massive deficit spender...I love how you pointed that out, though, because it only speaks to the fact that the GOP's gold standard (no pun intended) was an even bigger spender than the guy whom they're decrying as a "MASSIVE SOCIALIST COMMUNIST BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDER!" The deficit has fallen under Obama at historic levels, actually, even though George W. Bush handed him a $1.2 trillion deficit by virtue of two rounds of tax cuts, a prescription drug benefit -- that conservatives LOVED at the time -- No Child Left Behind -- conservatives also loved at the time -- two stupid wars -- which conservatives loved and voted for, even though Iraq was based on a lie -- a recession caused by GOP deregulation (and, to be fair, Clinton also contributed with his repeal of Glass-Steagall) and massive defense contracts.

7. Most of Reagan's spending came from the military, which helped bring down the U.S.S.R.

So let me get this straight..you're fine with spending so long as it's military spending....government is bad unless we're talking about the military. Do you not see the massive hypocrisy?

7. Increased standards? If you're talking about fuel and carbon emissions, then sure, Obama's been O.K. on that, though his former EPA Secretary resigned, so he isn't the best by far. It's funny, because Republicans used to care about the environment -- Nixon created the EPA, for goodness' sake. If you mean increased standards when it comes to financial regulation, you couldn't be more wrong. We've been deregulating for 30 years, and it's been disastrous. There was much more regulation -- and higher taxes, more public investment, etc. -- from 1945 - 1980.

So, no, we've been basically following the GOP model for the past 30 years.

You dodged a lot of points, also, might I add.
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 5:36:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. Gay marriage is only legal in 17 states, and there are states like Arizona and Mississippi trying to legalize private sector discrimination against gay people.

Unlike what some liberals may think, we do not seek to stone gays or put them in asylums where they go through shock therapy. Conservatives (most of us, anyway) believe that gays should be treated like normal people and that they should be able to have their civil unions, but that allowing them to "marry" is an insult to God.

Interesting, because your Bible says you need to stone them to death.

And that's a fascinating point, except you don't have the right to do that. The founding fathers were explicit that church and government needed to be separated. Can you actually make a secular case against gay marriage?

Funny you should mention that...
http://www.debate.org...

And, no, most conservatives don't support civil unions. Case in point, Mittens, Gingrich, Bachmann, Perry, Santorum, Cain, etc. wanted to literally amend the Constitution to ban it. Why not repeal the first amendment while we're at it?
You keep implying that because a "conservative" politician takes up a certain stance I must automatically agree with everything he says. This line or reasoning is flawed.

And, way to dodge the point. I made the case about the Mississippi and Arizona laws, and you dodged that entirely.

2. Yes, but abortion has been legal since 1973, and Bush had a chance to pass a law against it, but never did. Why? Because they need to run on this issue.

Sad, but true.

Well, considering that prior to Roe v. Wade we were dealing with back-alley abortions, I'd say it's a good thing. Not to mention it's a bit hypocritical for Republicans to claim to be pro-life and slash food stamps and social safety net programs, oppose contraception access, etc.

Around 20% of American households are currently on food stamps. I'm sure many of them don't actually need it.
http://cnsnews.com...

3. What you said about the IRS is complete and utter BS. They gave special scrutiny to both liberal and conservative groups because 501(c)(4)'s are supposed to be primarily for social welfare -- yet Crossroads GPS surely is not. AND they only denied a liberal group. So you're wrong on your facts there.
4. Uhhh the military considers conservative groups threats? Why, because McChrystal banned Fox News from his headquarters? That doesn't mean he viewed it as a national security threat -- perhaps he didn't want the vitriolic, fabricated nonsense on a military headquarters. It makes sense to me.

http://abcnews.go.com...

So a report from the DHS says that there are anti-government right-wing extremists. Your point?
http://www.foxnews.com...
I get magazines from that group; I know first hand that they're not a "hate group."

For goodness' sake, man, I handed you a softball by pointing out McChrystal. That was actually a better argument than this silly report.

5. The ACA, again, is a GOP idea, created by Nixon, codified by the Heritage Foundation, endorsed by every Republican in the 90s including Newt Gingrich and Chuck Grassley as the alternative to HillaryCare, and passed into law by Mitt Romney only years before Obama passed it -- and Jim DeMint endorsed him BECAUSE of the individual mandate. Conservatives only disliked it after Obama took it up.

It was a big mistake on the part of Republicans, and was something that occurred 20 years ago. Also, I'm sure that the original proposition had significant differences compared to Obama's ACA.

No, it wasn't. Mitt Romney passed RomneyCare in 2006.

You're right, it had one major difference: it covered abortions! I'm serious, that was the only actual difference between them.

6. Well, you're right that Reagan was a massive deficit spender...I love how you pointed that out, though, because it only speaks to the fact that the GOP's gold standard (no pun intended) was an even bigger spender than the guy whom they're decrying as a "MASSIVE SOCIALIST COMMUNIST BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDER!" The deficit has fallen under Obama at historic levels, actually, even though George W. Bush handed him a $1.2 trillion deficit by virtue of two rounds of tax cuts, a prescription drug benefit -- that conservatives LOVED at the time -- No Child Left Behind -- conservatives also loved at the time -- two stupid wars -- which conservatives loved and voted for, even though Iraq was based on a lie -- a recession caused by GOP deregulation (and, to be fair, Clinton also contributed with his repeal of Glass-Steagall) and massive defense contracts.

7. Most of Reagan's spending came from the military, which helped bring down the U.S.S.R.

So let me get this straight..you're fine with spending so long as it's military spending....government is bad unless we're talking about the military. Do you not see the massive hypocrisy?

7. Increased standards? If you're talking about fuel and carbon emissions, then sure, Obama's been O.K. on that, though his former EPA Secretary resigned, so he isn't the best by far. It's funny, because Republicans used to care about the environment -- Nixon created the EPA, for goodness' sake. If you mean increased standards when it comes to financial regulation, you couldn't be more wrong. We've been deregulating for 30 years, and it's been disastrous. There was much more regulation -- and higher taxes, more public investment, etc. -- from 1945 - 1980.

So, no, we've been basically following the GOP model for the past 30 years.

You dodged a lot of points, also, might I add.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 5:48:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 5:36:35 PM, Crescendo wrote:
1. Gay marriage is only legal in 17 states, and there are states like Arizona and Mississippi trying to legalize private sector discrimination against gay people.

Unlike what some liberals may think, we do not seek to stone gays or put them in asylums where they go through shock therapy. Conservatives (most of us, anyway) believe that gays should be treated like normal people and that they should be able to have their civil unions, but that allowing them to "marry" is an insult to God.

Interesting, because your Bible says you need to stone them to death.

And that's a fascinating point, except you don't have the right to do that. The founding fathers were explicit that church and government needed to be separated. Can you actually make a secular case against gay marriage?

Funny you should mention that...
http://www.debate.org...

Cool.

And, no, most conservatives don't support civil unions. Case in point, Mittens, Gingrich, Bachmann, Perry, Santorum, Cain, etc. wanted to literally amend the Constitution to ban it. Why not repeal the first amendment while we're at it?
You keep implying that because a "conservative" politician takes up a certain stance I must automatically agree with everything he says. This line or reasoning is flawed.

Now you're putting words in my mouth. You said that most conservatives support civil unions; I pointed out that, based on the recent GOP primary -- and your recent nominee -- this isn't true. By all means, support civil unions. That's a somewhat correct position.

And, way to dodge the point. I made the case about the Mississippi and Arizona laws, and you dodged that entirely.

2. Yes, but abortion has been legal since 1973, and Bush had a chance to pass a law against it, but never did. Why? Because they need to run on this issue.

Sad, but true.

Well, considering that prior to Roe v. Wade we were dealing with back-alley abortions, I'd say it's a good thing. Not to mention it's a bit hypocritical for Republicans to claim to be pro-life and slash food stamps and social safety net programs, oppose contraception access, etc.

Around 20% of American households are currently on food stamps. I'm sure many of them don't actually need it.
http://cnsnews.com...

And that deduction is based on....what? You're almost making the same case that Stuart Varney did: he essentially tried to make the case that people aren't poor anymore because they're not literally dying on the streets.

It's also curious that Republicans approved billions in farm and oil subsidies at the same time that they cut food stamps. Why is welfare for the politically connected o.k., but not for poor people who actually need it?

3. What you said about the IRS is complete and utter BS. They gave special scrutiny to both liberal and conservative groups because 501(c)(4)'s are supposed to be primarily for social welfare -- yet Crossroads GPS surely is not. AND they only denied a liberal group. So you're wrong on your facts there.
4. Uhhh the military considers conservative groups threats? Why, because McChrystal banned Fox News from his headquarters? That doesn't mean he viewed it as a national security threat -- perhaps he didn't want the vitriolic, fabricated nonsense on a military headquarters. It makes sense to me.

http://abcnews.go.com...

So a report from the DHS says that there are anti-government right-wing extremists. Your point?
http://www.foxnews.com...
I get magazines from that group; I know first hand that they're not a "hate group."

I just searched for an objective source saying that the military declared the Christian Ministry a hate group -- yet, all I found was the usual: Fox, Breitbart, Townhall, etc. Do you have an objective source telling us this?

Then I found people comparing it to Westboro....but I don't know enough about it to compare.

For goodness' sake, man, I handed you a softball by pointing out McChrystal. That was actually a better argument than this silly report.

5. The ACA, again, is a GOP idea, created by Nixon, codified by the Heritage Foundation, endorsed by every Republican in the 90s including Newt Gingrich and Chuck Grassley as the alternative to HillaryCare, and passed into law by Mitt Romney only years before Obama passed it -- and Jim DeMint endorsed him BECAUSE of the individual mandate. Conservatives only disliked it after Obama took it up.

It was a big mistake on the part of Republicans, and was something that occurred 20 years ago. Also, I'm sure that the original proposition had significant differences compared to Obama's ACA.

No, it wasn't. Mitt Romney passed RomneyCare in 2006.

You're right, it had one major difference: it covered abortions! I'm serious, that was the only actual difference between them.

6. Well, you're right that Reagan was a massive deficit spender...I love how you pointed that out, though, because it only speaks to the fact that the GOP's gold standard (no pun intended) was an even bigger spender than the guy whom they're decrying as a "MASSIVE SOCIALIST COMMUNIST BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDER!" The deficit has fallen under Obama at historic levels, actually, even though George W. Bush handed him a $1.2 trillion deficit by virtue of two rounds of tax cuts, a prescription drug benefit -- that conservatives LOVED at the time -- No Child Left Behind -- conservatives also loved at the time -- two stupid wars -- which conservatives loved and voted for, even though Iraq was based on a lie -- a recession caused by GOP deregulation (and, to be fair, Clinton also contributed with his repeal of Glass-Steagall) and massive defense contracts.

7. Most of Reagan's spending came from the military, which helped bring down the U.S.S.R.

So let me get this straight..you're fine with spending so long as it's military spending....government is bad unless we're talking about the military. Do you not see the massive hypocrisy?

7. Increased standards? If you're talking about fuel and carbon emissions, then sure, Obama's been O.K. on that, though his former EPA Secretary resigned, so he isn't the best by far. It's funny, because Republicans used to care about the environment -- Nixon created the EPA, for goodness' sake. If you mean increased standards when it comes to financial regulation, you couldn't be more wrong. We've been deregulating for 30 years, and it's been disastrous. There was much more regulation -- and higher taxes, more public investment, etc. -- from 1945 - 1980.

So, no, we've been basically following the GOP model for the past 30 years.

You dodged a lot of points, also, might I add.

And then you dodged everything again....great!
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 6:03:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Interesting, because your Bible says you need to stone them to death.

And that's a fascinating point, except you don't have the right to do that. The founding fathers were explicit that church and government needed to be separated. Can you actually make a secular case against gay marriage?

Funny you should mention that...
http://www.debate.org...

Cool.

And, no, most conservatives don't support civil unions. Case in point, Mittens, Gingrich, Bachmann, Perry, Santorum, Cain, etc. wanted to literally amend the Constitution to ban it. Why not repeal the first amendment while we're at it?
You keep implying that because a "conservative" politician takes up a certain stance I must automatically agree with everything he says. This line or reasoning is flawed.

Now you're putting words in my mouth. You said that most conservatives support civil unions; I pointed out that, based on the recent GOP primary -- and your recent nominee -- this isn't true. By all means, support civil unions. That's a somewhat correct position.

And, way to dodge the point. I made the case about the Mississippi and Arizona laws, and you dodged that entirely.

2. Yes, but abortion has been legal since 1973, and Bush had a chance to pass a law against it, but never did. Why? Because they need to run on this issue.

Sad, but true.

Well, considering that prior to Roe v. Wade we were dealing with back-alley abortions, I'd say it's a good thing. Not to mention it's a bit hypocritical for Republicans to claim to be pro-life and slash food stamps and social safety net programs, oppose contraception access, etc.

Around 20% of American households are currently on food stamps. I'm sure many of them don't actually need it.
http://cnsnews.com...

And that deduction is based on....what? You're almost making the same case that Stuart Varney did: he essentially tried to make the case that people aren't poor anymore because they're not literally dying on the streets.

It's also curious that Republicans approved billions in farm and oil subsidies at the same time that they cut food stamps. Why is welfare for the politically connected o.k., but not for poor people who actually need it?

3. What you said about the IRS is complete and utter BS. They gave special scrutiny to both liberal and conservative groups because 501(c)(4)'s are supposed to be primarily for social welfare -- yet Crossroads GPS surely is not. AND they only denied a liberal group. So you're wrong on your facts there.
4. Uhhh the military considers conservative groups threats? Why, because McChrystal banned Fox News from his headquarters? That doesn't mean he viewed it as a national security threat -- perhaps he didn't want the vitriolic, fabricated nonsense on a military headquarters. It makes sense to me.

http://abcnews.go.com...

So a report from the DHS says that there are anti-government right-wing extremists. Your point?
http://www.foxnews.com...
I get magazines from that group; I know first hand that they're not a "hate group."

I just searched for an objective source saying that the military declared the Christian Ministry a hate group -- yet, all I found was the usual: Fox, Breitbart, Townhall, etc. Do you have an objective source telling us this?

Then I found people comparing it to Westboro....but I don't know enough about it to compare.
Do you wish for me to post a (not too long) AFA article so you can come to your own conclusion on it being a hate group or not?
By the way, I was thinking of World Magazine, but I get AFA too.

For goodness' sake, man, I handed you a softball by pointing out McChrystal. That was actually a better argument than this silly report.

5. The ACA, again, is a GOP idea, created by Nixon, codified by the Heritage Foundation, endorsed by every Republican in the 90s including Newt Gingrich and Chuck Grassley as the alternative to HillaryCare, and passed into law by Mitt Romney only years before Obama passed it -- and Jim DeMint endorsed him BECAUSE of the individual mandate. Conservatives only disliked it after Obama took it up.

It was a big mistake on the part of Republicans, and was something that occurred 20 years ago. Also, I'm sure that the original proposition had significant differences compared to Obama's ACA.

No, it wasn't. Mitt Romney passed RomneyCare in 2006.

You're right, it had one major difference: it covered abortions! I'm serious, that was the only actual difference between them.

6. Well, you're right that Reagan was a massive deficit spender...I love how you pointed that out, though, because it only speaks to the fact that the GOP's gold standard (no pun intended) was an even bigger spender than the guy whom they're decrying as a "MASSIVE SOCIALIST COMMUNIST BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDER!" The deficit has fallen under Obama at historic levels, actually, even though George W. Bush handed him a $1.2 trillion deficit by virtue of two rounds of tax cuts, a prescription drug benefit -- that conservatives LOVED at the time -- No Child Left Behind -- conservatives also loved at the time -- two stupid wars -- which conservatives loved and voted for, even though Iraq was based on a lie -- a recession caused by GOP deregulation (and, to be fair, Clinton also contributed with his repeal of Glass-Steagall) and massive defense contracts.

7. Most of Reagan's spending came from the military, which helped bring down the U.S.S.R.

So let me get this straight..you're fine with spending so long as it's military spending....government is bad unless we're talking about the military. Do you not see the massive hypocrisy?

7. Increased standards? If you're talking about fuel and carbon emissions, then sure, Obama's been O.K. on that, though his former EPA Secretary resigned, so he isn't the best by far. It's funny, because Republicans used to care about the environment -- Nixon created the EPA, for goodness' sake. If you mean increased standards when it comes to financial regulation, you couldn't be more wrong. We've been deregulating for 30 years, and it's been disastrous. There was much more regulation -- and higher taxes, more public investment, etc. -- from 1945 - 1980.

So, no, we've been basically following the GOP model for the past 30 years.

You dodged a lot of points, also, might I add.

And then you dodged everything again....great!

I'm sorry if I didn't answer everything you said. I'm not learned enough in some areas (mostly economic stuff) to form a solid conclusion on them.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 7:59:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Because it is frustrating not being a populist, when there are so few people who think beyond themselves.
My work here is, finally, done.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 8:03:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen

Scrap that, they would probably invade Mexico to stop....

A) Immigrants

B) Drugs

C)People from saying the US has grown weak.

I'll go to Switzerland. Most liberal place in Europe where your not forced to worship some old hag.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 8:06:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 4:30:01 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 4:12:09 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Conservatives (Republican or Democrat) are not necessarily angry, but they are often dismayed at the direction this country has been going in for the past century or so.


But their policies have been the law of the land for the past 34 years..for goodness' sake, even ObamaCare is theirs. What isn't there to like?

I mean, they should love Obama: he's a warmonger, he loves drones, he continued NSA spying, he made 90% of the Bush tax cuts permanent, he's buddy-buddy with the insurance and defense industry, he thinks states have the rights to bar gay people from their civil rights, he passed the Heritage Foundation's healthcare law...the list just goes on.

I know. When bush was in power they got hard over this $hit. They constantly defended drones, NASA, and bombing random Arab countries. Its hypocritical
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
HPWKA
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 8:17:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you trained your entire life to pilot a space-shuttle, but NASA chose somebody else who said they were a better pilot, you would be pissed as #$%!
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
Leanin_on_Slick
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 9:58:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 8:03:07 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen

Scrap that, they would probably invade Mexico to stop....

A) Immigrants

B) Drugs

C)People from saying the US has grown weak.

I'll go to Switzerland. Most liberal place in Europe where your not forced to worship some old hag.

Depends what you mean by liberal and on what topic. Switzerland is pretty pro-market, arguably more so then the U.S.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 10:00:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 9:58:21 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:03:07 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen

Scrap that, they would probably invade Mexico to stop....

A) Immigrants

B) Drugs

C)People from saying the US has grown weak.

I'll go to Switzerland. Most liberal place in Europe where your not forced to worship some old hag.

Depends what you mean by liberal and on what topic. Switzerland is pretty pro-market, arguably more so then the U.S.

Common misconception. Right wing does not give you more economic freedom. The most liberal nations score highest on the economic freedom index. And the swiss have a left wing majority in government.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Leanin_on_Slick
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 10:21:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 10:00:47 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 9:58:21 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:03:07 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen

Scrap that, they would probably invade Mexico to stop....

A) Immigrants

B) Drugs

C)People from saying the US has grown weak.

I'll go to Switzerland. Most liberal place in Europe where your not forced to worship some old hag.

Depends what you mean by liberal and on what topic. Switzerland is pretty pro-market, arguably more so then the U.S.

Common misconception. Right wing does not give you more economic freedom. The most liberal nations score highest on the economic freedom index. And the swiss have a left wing majority in government.

I'm wondering what economic freedom index you are looking at and what countries you consider the most liberal... (The Economic Freedom of the World annual report is usually the one cited in economic literature) Hong Kong was listed as the most free in the latest report and I doubt their a nation you had in mind as "most liberal"...
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 10:24:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 10:21:54 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:00:47 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 9:58:21 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:03:07 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen

Scrap that, they would probably invade Mexico to stop....

A) Immigrants

B) Drugs

C)People from saying the US has grown weak.

I'll go to Switzerland. Most liberal place in Europe where your not forced to worship some old hag.

Depends what you mean by liberal and on what topic. Switzerland is pretty pro-market, arguably more so then the U.S.

Common misconception. Right wing does not give you more economic freedom. The most liberal nations score highest on the economic freedom index. And the swiss have a left wing majority in government.

I'm wondering what economic freedom index you are looking at and what countries you consider the most liberal... (The Economic Freedom of the World annual report is usually the one cited in economic literature) Hong Kong was listed as the most free in the latest report and I doubt their a nation you had in mind as "most liberal"...

This one. Out of all the nations in the G-20, only 3 have a conservative majority in power. The other 16 are liberal. But since were talking about economic freedom, that as well. The three right wing g-20 nations I know of are Russia and Saudi Arabia. I don't know the other 2.

http://www.heritage.org...
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Actionsspeak
Posts: 185
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 10:26:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just to clarify when you're a politician reporters/journalists get very annoying as they undermine you, ask rhetorical questions, and keep the microscope under your every flaw.
Leanin_on_Slick
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 10:38:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 10:24:30 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:21:54 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:00:47 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 9:58:21 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:03:07 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen

Scrap that, they would probably invade Mexico to stop....

A) Immigrants

B) Drugs

C)People from saying the US has grown weak.

I'll go to Switzerland. Most liberal place in Europe where your not forced to worship some old hag.

Depends what you mean by liberal and on what topic. Switzerland is pretty pro-market, arguably more so then the U.S.

Common misconception. Right wing does not give you more economic freedom. The most liberal nations score highest on the economic freedom index. And the swiss have a left wing majority in government.

I'm wondering what economic freedom index you are looking at and what countries you consider the most liberal... (The Economic Freedom of the World annual report is usually the one cited in economic literature) Hong Kong was listed as the most free in the latest report and I doubt their a nation you had in mind as "most liberal"...

This one. Out of all the nations in the G-20, only 3 have a conservative majority in power. The other 16 are liberal. But since were talking about economic freedom, that as well. The three right wing g-20 nations I know of are Russia and Saudi Arabia. I don't know the other 2.

http://www.heritage.org...

My man Hong Kong and Singapore are 1 and 2 on that list. (By the way The Heritage foundation is a very right leaning group itself) HK and Singapore are 2 of the most economically conservative/classically liberal nations in the world, heck Singapore doesn't have a minimum wage.
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 10:39:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 10:38:01 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:24:30 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:21:54 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:00:47 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 9:58:21 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:03:07 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen

Scrap that, they would probably invade Mexico to stop....

A) Immigrants

B) Drugs

C)People from saying the US has grown weak.

I'll go to Switzerland. Most liberal place in Europe where your not forced to worship some old hag.

Depends what you mean by liberal and on what topic. Switzerland is pretty pro-market, arguably more so then the U.S.

Common misconception. Right wing does not give you more economic freedom. The most liberal nations score highest on the economic freedom index. And the swiss have a left wing majority in government.

I'm wondering what economic freedom index you are looking at and what countries you consider the most liberal... (The Economic Freedom of the World annual report is usually the one cited in economic literature) Hong Kong was listed as the most free in the latest report and I doubt their a nation you had in mind as "most liberal"...

This one. Out of all the nations in the G-20, only 3 have a conservative majority in power. The other 16 are liberal. But since were talking about economic freedom, that as well. The three right wing g-20 nations I know of are Russia and Saudi Arabia. I don't know the other 2.

http://www.heritage.org...

My man Hong Kong and Singapore are 1 and 2 on that list. (By the way The Heritage foundation is a very right leaning group itself) HK and Singapore are 2 of the most economically conservative/classically liberal nations in the world, heck Singapore doesn't have a minimum wage.

Hong kong is not a country though, and singapore is just a city. Socialism has less reason to apply. As for real countries, my point still remains.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 10:41:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 10:39:21 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:38:01 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:24:30 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:21:54 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:00:47 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 9:58:21 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:03:07 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen

Scrap that, they would probably invade Mexico to stop....

A) Immigrants

B) Drugs

C)People from saying the US has grown weak.

I'll go to Switzerland. Most liberal place in Europe where your not forced to worship some old hag.

Depends what you mean by liberal and on what topic. Switzerland is pretty pro-market, arguably more so then the U.S.

Common misconception. Right wing does not give you more economic freedom. The most liberal nations score highest on the economic freedom index. And the swiss have a left wing majority in government.

I'm wondering what economic freedom index you are looking at and what countries you consider the most liberal... (The Economic Freedom of the World annual report is usually the one cited in economic literature) Hong Kong was listed as the most free in the latest report and I doubt their a nation you had in mind as "most liberal"...

This one. Out of all the nations in the G-20, only 3 have a conservative majority in power. The other 16 are liberal. But since were talking about economic freedom, that as well. The three right wing g-20 nations I know of are Russia and Saudi Arabia. I don't know the other 2.

http://www.heritage.org...

My man Hong Kong and Singapore are 1 and 2 on that list. (By the way The Heritage foundation is a very right leaning group itself) HK and Singapore are 2 of the most economically conservative/classically liberal nations in the world, heck Singapore doesn't have a minimum wage.

Hong kong is not a country though, and singapore is just a city. Socialism has less reason to apply. As for real countries, my point still remains.

With that said, it is understandable for a city state to have more economic freedom. In actuality, nearly every country is left wing now, and the standards for which is which have narrowed. If we were living in the 1800's, everyone in america would be considered left wing.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 10:49:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/10/2014 3:50:25 PM, nerosmoke wrote:
why are republican mad all the time?

thay are allway yelling about stuff what are thay so mad at?

what is the big deal so what if you dont like obama or want ever no one does any thing

so whats the big deal

Who's mad?
Leanin_on_Slick
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2014 9:28:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/13/2014 10:41:51 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:39:21 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:38:01 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:24:30 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:21:54 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 10:00:47 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 9:58:21 PM, Leanin_on_Slick wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:03:07 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/13/2014 8:00:38 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 4/10/2014 4:11:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
They're mad because they're not in charge. Put a GOP member in the White House and they'll be the happy-go-lucky type you seem to want.

That's the day I flee the country and become a Mexican citizen

Scrap that, they would probably invade Mexico to stop....

A) Immigrants

B) Drugs

C)People from saying the US has grown weak.

I'll go to Switzerland. Most liberal place in Europe where your not forced to worship some old hag.

Depends what you mean by liberal and on what topic. Switzerland is pretty pro-market, arguably more so then the U.S.

Common misconception. Right wing does not give you more economic freedom. The most liberal nations score highest on the economic freedom index. And the swiss have a left wing majority in government.

I'm wondering what economic freedom index you are looking at and what countries you consider the most liberal... (The Economic Freedom of the World annual report is usually the one cited in economic literature) Hong Kong was listed as the most free in the latest report and I doubt their a nation you had in mind as "most liberal"...

This one. Out of all the nations in the G-20, only 3 have a conservative majority in power. The other 16 are liberal. But since were talking about economic freedom, that as well. The three right wing g-20 nations I know of are Russia and Saudi Arabia. I don't know the other 2.

http://www.heritage.org...

My man Hong Kong and Singapore are 1 and 2 on that list. (By the way The Heritage foundation is a very right leaning group itself) HK and Singapore are 2 of the most economically conservative/classically liberal nations in the world, heck Singapore doesn't have a minimum wage.

Hong kong is not a country though, and singapore is just a city. Socialism has less reason to apply. As for real countries, my point still remains.

With that said, it is understandable for a city state to have more economic freedom. In actuality, nearly every country is left wing now, and the standards for which is which have narrowed. If we were living in the 1800's, everyone in america would be considered left wing.

Hong Kong and Singapore are independent from any other nation..(tho yes small) How do you figure every nation is left wing? Socially maybe, but that's a murky thing to say. Would you consider Classic Liberals left wing? -Most wouldn't, but they may seem left wing when it comes to issues of liberty- Many of the nations your calling liberal in some regard are and in some regard aren't. As for socialism, most of the nations you have listed are at their core market economies. You think Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and the UK are primarily socialist? If it is all about socialism then where is the great Venezuela on our list? It is not as clear cut as you would like to think.