ombacar is evul

jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 6:39:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
obmacar is evul becuz there gonna add death panel to hospital

juts ask anyone living in a socilits healtcar contry lik canada witch is commuist athiestc natoin,

we wil hav liong watting tim in hopital fi obmacar, as teh poors dont deserve to get care if tey get hear attak or sumting. Nature and godd do nort lik poor pepel.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 7:43:33 PM
Don't forget that doctors might get payed less.

But, I don't see any doctors switching jobs, or aspiring medical professionals change professions.

Don't some doctors make upwards of 500,000 a year? I really don't think lowering that to 490,000 will cut incentives or destroy America.
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2014 8:31:23 PM
At 4/10/2014 7:43:33 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

But, I don't see any doctors switching jobs, or aspiring medical professionals change professions.

Don't some doctors make upwards of 500,000 a year?

Loooooool

I really don't think lowering that to 490,000 will cut incentives or destroy America.

No, surgeons may make about 150000-200,000 a year with a standard doctor making quite a bit less.

Regardless, that is still a lot of money.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 4:58:33 PM

Don't some doctors make upwards of 500,000 a year? I really don't think lowering that to 490,000 will cut incentives or destroy America.

General Practitioners make around $120,000 on average in the United States. The problem with the A.C.A., besides the fact that it costs over $1 trillion (over the next decade), is the fact that it (1) forces people to buy a product that they may or may not want or need, (2) expands the currently broken Medicaid system (fewer and fewer doctors are accepting Medicaid), (3) it punishes businesses which grow and expand, and hire more employees. Why would we ever want to do such a thing?! Also, (4) it doesn't serve to significantly reduce health care costs, and (5) it cartelizes the insurance market, making health insurance a stratified market in most of the states.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 6:09:57 PM
At 4/10/2014 6:39:52 PM, jh1234l wrote:

juts ask anyone living in a socilits healtcar contry lik canada witch is commuist athiestc natoin,

we wil hav liong watting tim in hopital fi obmacar, as teh poors dont deserve to get care if tey get hear attak or sumting. Nature and godd do nort lik poor pepel.

Illiterate idiots that spell words that way are evil. So let me guess? Living in the US south? fukkin hillbilly?
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 6:42:15 PM
At 4/11/2014 6:09:57 PM, monty1 wrote:

Illiterate idiots that spell words that way are evil. So let me guess? Living in the US south? fukkin hillbilly?

Lol he's obviously joking, calm down.

Unless YOU are joking as well, which I suppose is a possibility...
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 6:47:57 PM
At 4/11/2014 4:58:33 PM, Contra wrote:

General Practitioners make around $120,000 on average in the United States. The problem with the A.C.A., besides the fact that it costs over $1 trillion (over the next decade), is the fact that it (1) forces people to buy a product that they may or may not want or need, (2) expands the currently broken Medicaid system (fewer and fewer doctors are accepting Medicaid), (3) it punishes businesses which grow and expand, and hire more employees. Why would we ever want to do such a thing?! Also, (4) it doesn't serve to significantly reduce health care costs, and (5) it cartelizes the insurance market, making health insurance a stratified market in most of the states.

1) So does social security.

2) It isn't broken.

3) It honestly doesn't hurt businesses that much. There's just a few loudmouth business owners who act like its the freaking apocalypse for domestic industry. They are really just trying to push their political agenda, and don't want to pay a few extra pennies for their employees, even though it's very, very affordable.

4) From what I've heard it does. I don't claim to be educated on the matter, I'm only 16, but as far as I've heard, and in personal experience, it significantly reduces medical costs.

Your 5th point confuses me, tbh.

I don't know if the ACA is a net good thing or bad thing, but if not the ACA then we NEED to get some kind of universal/affordable health care system. I'm only willing to get rid of the ACA if it's replaced by what Europe/Canada do. But I doubt that the GOP will allow that to become the system, since Obama tried for that unsuccessfully, so it seems to me that the ACA is the best we've got.

It certainly seems better than how it was before.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 7:04:13 PM

Eggszactly, tuk the wrds rit out of my mowth.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 9:49:33 AM

I've no idea why somebody would sign up to a debating forum if all they do is support one POV by constructing giant strawman threads.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 1:27:19 PM
Zealotry aside...one could make the argument that the government ought not have the "death panel" and keep it to the corporations.
There is always a "death panel". Someone decides what and when services are terminated.

Pretty sure if you are having a heart attack, even before Obamacare, you'd get admitted to the hospital. The issue is, it would bankrupt them. A separate issue, isn't it.
My work here is, finally, done.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 2:29:27 PM
At 4/12/2014 9:49:33 AM, Installgentoo wrote:

I've no idea why somebody would sign up to a debating forum if all they do is support one POV by constructing giant strawman threads.

He's joking.....
etherealvoyager
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 7:20:36 PM

"obmacar"
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 6:35:49 PM
At 4/11/2014 6:47:57 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
At 4/11/2014 4:58:33 PM, Contra wrote:

1) So does social security.

True-- but this doesn't validate your point.

2) It isn't broken.

Millions upon millions are dependent on the system for health insurance, you don't see this as a problem? It is stretching state budgets to the breaking point as well.

3) It honestly doesn't hurt businesses that much. There's just a few loudmouth business owners who act like its the freaking apocalypse for domestic industry. They are really just trying to push their political agenda, and don't want to pay a few extra pennies for their employees, even though it's very, very affordable.

The mandate on businesses (50+ employees) who have full-time workers (defined as anyone who works more than 30 hours a week) is another crushing regulatory burden. Well, it might not be "crushing", but it adds costs and reduces profits, and therefore contributes to higher consumer prices, as well as discouraging business growth.

4) From what I've heard it does. I don't claim to be educated on the matter, I'm only 16, but as far as I've heard, and in personal experience, it significantly reduces medical costs.

Health care costs are still growing " health care inflation is still a present reality. We really need to cut health care costs and strike at the core of this monstrosity, which is caused by our third party payer system.

Your 5th point confuses me, tbh.

I'm saying here that the ACA serves to make the health insurance market a monopolized market. Most states only have a couple health insurance companies. For instance, Michigan's health insurance market is dominated (80%) by Blue Cross Blue Shield. With the individual mandate, people will have very few choices. However, since there are only several businesses, and therefore a lack of competition, it will really help the big health insurance companies get higher profit margins!

I don't know if the ACA is a net good thing or bad thing, but if not the ACA then we NEED to get some kind of universal/affordable health care system. I'm only willing to get rid of the ACA if it's replaced by what Europe/Canada do. But I doubt that the GOP will allow that to become the system, since Obama tried for that unsuccessfully, so it seems to me that the ACA is the best we've got.

How about we allow individuals to purchase health insurance across state lines, and we provide a tax credit that allows all families to have access to adequate health insurance?

That's the approach I favor.

It certainly seems better than how it was before.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan