Foreign political parties

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 8:05:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Here's an academic exercise that I often engage in:

If you lived in another country, but had more or less the same beliefs you have right now, what political party would you vote for? I always found it an interesting way to learn about not only the politics of another country, but the different ideas represent by the varying spectrums across the world. Does anyone else think about this stuff?

Obviously, this should be limited to democracies and multi-party states, but hey, whatever you want. Anyways, here is my list:

UK: Liberal Democrats
South Africa: Democratic Alliance
New Zealand: National Party (probably), Labour Party (maybe)
Germany: Social Democratic (probably), Free Democratic (maybe, if they were less classically liberal inclined)
Russia: Yabloko
Serbia: ZES (probably), Liberal Democrats (maybe)
Australia: Aussie Democrats

And more, but I want to see what others choose.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 8:37:51 PM
An individual vote in such large elections have never accomplished anything. It is a waste of time. Besides, even if I did live in these other areas, the state would not allow me to vote as I am 16.

UK: None
South Africa: None
New Zealand: None
Germany: None
Russia: None
Serbia: None
Australia: None
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2010 10:36:18 PM
At 2/1/2010 8:40:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
fvck the parties

They aren't very attractive.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.