"putting money into clean energy sources such as solar and wind"

Win on the nuclear front though
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 1:36:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
What the hell do they think "economically sustainable" mean???

Also, lmao @ "create jobs".

What does he think he is, God?

OH WAIT.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2010 3:29:09 AM
Your guilty of generalization.!! Please elaborate..!

Are you talking about costing more money to. Produce bio fual then it save.? Then your right .! But if your talking about waste to energy this could be the selution to our financial problem.!!
It will erase our trade deficit and save us from exporting oil ..!! Waste to energy is something we should look forward too
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 8:01:19 AM
At 2/1/2010 9:17:00 PM, IEUkillertofu wrote:
Don't understand economics.

Lol you're assuming that people who favor green technology think it will fix the economy - meanwhile they probably just care about the environment.
President of DDO
Spaztoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 8:53:01 AM
Honesty, I don't think these people are overly concerned with economics, but rather environmental health. Regardless of if you believe in global warming or not, we are putting a lot of pollutants into the air, so people who are looking for alternatives solutions to our current pollution problems are moving in the right direction even though their ideas are not currently economically viable.
pork_chop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 8:58:27 AM
At 2/9/2010 8:01:19 AM, theLwerd wrote:

Lol you're assuming that people who favor green technology think it will fix the economy - meanwhile they probably just care about the environment.

Either way its done stupidly. If you want green energy just simply have a greenhouse gas tax instead subsidizing oil then wasting taxpayer dollars on companies for special interest purposes.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 12:50:11 PM
I'm not sure of the proposed measures.

That said, I am a opponent of wind, solar and nuclear energy, and basically any energy which is renewable and doesn't create pollutants.

Personally, I say greenhouse taxes, and use those to fund controllable Nuclear Fission.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 12:56:08 PM
At 2/9/2010 12:50:11 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

That said, I am a opponent of wind, solar and nuclear energy, and basically any energy which is renewable and doesn't create pollutants.

Personally, I say greenhouse taxes, and use those to fund controllable Nuclear Fission.

*blinks*

I lost something there, you are an opponent of wind, solar and nuclear, but you want to fund nuclear?

And did you mean that you say tax greenhouse gases?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 12:56:56 PM
At 2/9/2010 12:56:08 PM, PervRat wrote:

*blinks*

I lost something there, you are an opponent of wind, solar and nuclear, but you want to fund nuclear?

proponent*
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:19:46 PM

So you're saying "YOU LIE" to Obama?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
pork_chop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:37:13 PM

*blinks*

i meant to tax the forms of energy that produce greenhouse gases in the equivalent of the damage they cause per ton. Thus agriculture would be taxed (methane) etc.
pork_chop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:37:58 PM
At 2/9/2010 1:19:46 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

So you're saying "YOU LIE" to Obama?

Time to publicly censure them.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:41:53 PM
At 2/9/2010 1:37:13 PM, pork_chop wrote:

*blinks*

i meant to tax the forms of energy that produce greenhouse gases in the equivalent of the damage they cause per ton. Thus agriculture would be taxed (methane) etc.

Lol, animals that produce methane offer a different product, whilst all energy soursce produce the same thing - energy. Big dif.
pork_chop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:43:57 PM
At 2/9/2010 1:41:53 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Lol, animals that produce methane offer a different product, whilst all energy soursce produce the same thing - energy. Big dif.

Animals produce energy for humans. Especially cows who produce massive amounts of methane which is 28 more times potent then CO2.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:53:06 PM
At 2/9/2010 1:43:57 PM, pork_chop wrote:

Animals produce energy for humans. Especially cows who produce massive amounts of methane which is 28 more times potent then CO2.

And plants -reduce- CO2.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 1:59:27 PM
At 2/9/2010 1:53:06 PM, PervRat wrote:
At 2/9/2010 1:43:57 PM, pork_chop wrote:

And plants -reduce- CO2.

Thanks for the 5 year old science lesson gaiz.