Jump to topic:

Obama Administration plans on...

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 7:32:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
using the Fort Hood shooting as a means for more gun control...

http://www.c-span.org...

http://townhall.com...

(Of course I know this ^^ was the Navy Yard shooting)

Now, I already know many of you may not agree with me on this, but that is to be expected. Anyways, in my informative opinion, it is obvious the Obama Administration plans on using the Fort Hood shooting as a means to put more gun control legislation into place.

http://www.foxnews.com...

(It is important that I point out in the article above, there is also an interview which was recorded of a soldier explaining he felt "defenseless" and is only able to carry his firearm off base. Keep in mind, he was shot 6 times, and if he had his gun, he would have been able to stop the gunman.)

http://www.newsmax.com...

Here is my reasoning behind this; a timeline of events leading up to this issue and gun control legislation that was put into place after the Sandy Hook shooting.
http://www.pewstates.org...

Furthermore, Obama's personality type.

Now anyone who knows about personality types knows about ENFJ's..

For those who don't know, here is a link..

http://www.16personalities.com...

"ENFJs are usually very charismatic and eloquent and find it natural and easy to communicate their ideas and opinions, especially in person. It does not really matter whether they are presenting cold facts or expressing raging emotions; the ENFJ will not be afraid to stand up and speak, regardless of the audience.

This is one of the reasons why ENFJs can be so convincing and mesmerizing when they speak: they instinctively know how to combine passion and rational arguments, drawing the audience"s attention and reaching every mind. People with this personality type can be great leaders, and they do not necessarily have to get into politics to make a difference. An ENFJ teacher or coach can have a strong positive effect on many people"s lives as well."

In Conclusion, this is nothing new. We all should've known he was going to politicize this memorial and will continue to do so with every shooting he can. All this administration wants to do is take away the rights of gun owners. As this has been proved time and time again.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 9:39:52 PM
At 4/11/2014 7:38:37 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
You lose all credibility when you source fox news.

No, but he very well may lose it for Newsmax.

Seriously though, one shouldn't dismiss the story out of hand based solely on the source. Just be aware of the bias and spin, which one can usually see, IMO.
My work here is, finally, done.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 9:50:29 PM
At 4/11/2014 7:38:37 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
You lose all credibility when you source fox news.

The people they interview are real people, right? Also, it doesn't matter how biased a news outlet is.. there still can be truth to it. In this case there is. It is ridiculous people simply dismiss someone just because of their views or opinions. It is simply ridiculous.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 10:03:12 PM
They aren't "using" it as a means to more gun control.

Obama and Biden are for gun control BECAUSE of shootings like this. They aren't "using" this specific shooting in any worse a way than anyone who backs up their argument with evidence. Stop vilifying your opponents.

Unless, of course, you think that Obama's leaning towards gun control is a massive conspiracy to disarm the citizens and begin a Hitler-esque takeover. But if you think that, I can supply you some tinfoil hats and build you a bomb shelter.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 10:49:51 PM
At 4/11/2014 10:03:12 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

Obama and Biden are for gun control BECAUSE of shootings like this. They aren't "using" this specific shooting in any worse a way than anyone who backs up their argument with evidence. Stop vilifying your opponents.

Unless, of course, you think that Obama's leaning towards gun control is a massive conspiracy to disarm the citizens and begin a Hitler-esque takeover. But if you think that, I can supply you some tinfoil hats and build you a bomb shelter.

Oh, I didn't know politicizing a ceremonial event was appropriate to do... ( smh)
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2014 11:50:38 PM
At 4/11/2014 10:49:51 PM, Haroush wrote:

Oh, I didn't know politicizing a ceremonial event was appropriate to do... ( smh)

Please tell me how Obama "politicized" it?

Because as far as I can tell, all the event is doing is lending further credence to gun control, and Obama's administration isn't ignoring that. Politicizing it would be giving a speech at a funeral or ceremony about why the event supports gun control. Taking advantage of the situation to do something to PREVENT things like it happening in the future is reasonable and moral.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 12:05:48 AM
At 4/11/2014 11:50:38 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

Because as far as I can tell, all the event is doing is lending further credence to gun control, and Obama's administration isn't ignoring that. Politicizing it would be giving a speech at a funeral or ceremony about why the event supports gun control. Taking advantage of the situation to do something to PREVENT things like it happening in the future is reasonable and moral.

It's obvious if you watch the speech that he is politicizing it. Also, events like this one in particular doesn't support his view on gun control because many soldiers there were able to carry their guns on them outside of the base. Furthermore, as I noted about that guy in the interview for Fox News, he was shot 6 times and carried a gun outside of base. Therefore, if he had been able to carry his gun on base, this scenario could have been much different.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 12:49:58 AM
At 4/11/2014 7:32:42 PM, Haroush wrote:
using the Fort Hood shooting as a means for more gun control...

http://www.c-span.org...

http://townhall.com...

(Of course I know this ^^ was the Navy Yard shooting)

Now, I already know many of you may not agree with me on this, but that is to be expected. Anyways, in my informative opinion, it is obvious the Obama Administration plans on using the Fort Hood shooting as a means to put more gun control legislation into place.

http://www.foxnews.com...

(It is important that I point out in the article above, there is also an interview which was recorded of a soldier explaining he felt "defenseless" and is only able to carry his firearm off base. Keep in mind, he was shot 6 times, and if he had his gun, he would have been able to stop the gunman.)

http://www.newsmax.com...

Here is my reasoning behind this; a timeline of events leading up to this issue and gun control legislation that was put into place after the Sandy Hook shooting.
http://www.pewstates.org...

Furthermore, Obama's personality type.

Now anyone who knows about personality types knows about ENFJ's..

For those who don't know, here is a link..

http://www.16personalities.com...

"ENFJs are usually very charismatic and eloquent and find it natural and easy to communicate their ideas and opinions, especially in person. It does not really matter whether they are presenting cold facts or expressing raging emotions; the ENFJ will not be afraid to stand up and speak, regardless of the audience.

This is one of the reasons why ENFJs can be so convincing and mesmerizing when they speak: they instinctively know how to combine passion and rational arguments, drawing the audience"s attention and reaching every mind. People with this personality type can be great leaders, and they do not necessarily have to get into politics to make a difference. An ENFJ teacher or coach can have a strong positive effect on many people"s lives as well."

In Conclusion, this is nothing new. We all should've known he was going to politicize this memorial and will continue to do so with every shooting he can. All this administration wants to do is take away the rights of gun owners. As this has been proved time and time again.

Yay, at something good came out of the shooting :D
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Kanti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 2:30:30 AM
At 4/12/2014 12:05:48 AM, Haroush wrote:

It's obvious if you watch the speech that he is politicizing it. Also, events like this one in particular doesn't support his view on gun control because many soldiers there were able to carry their guns on them outside of the base. Furthermore, as I noted about that guy in the interview for Fox News, he was shot 6 times and carried a gun outside of base. Therefore, if he had been able to carry his gun on base, this scenario could have been much different.

Republican in the house have politicized this event too. It's the name of the game.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 8:37:36 AM
At 4/12/2014 2:30:30 AM, Kanti wrote:
At 4/12/2014 12:05:48 AM, Haroush wrote:

Republican in the house have politicized this event too. It's the name of the game.

Were they the ones who had to do the speech for the memorial?...

I am not saying Obama shouldn't be allowed to politicize the issue in general, just not at the ceremonial speech. It's just not right. That's what you call playing on people's emotions, though I am used to quite a few Democrats doing this.

In particular, Obama has a knack for this. The problem is, he uses his manipulation tactics to deceive the people. This in my personal opinion, is not right and politics should have never turned into a game about who could lie the best, but who could be the most honest.

Unfortunately, many people think you have to lie purposely in order to be a politician. I vehemently disagree with this and believe this is immature reasoning. Why can't people just explain how the Pro's outweigh the Con's, instead of saying under your breath to people,"There is nothing bad about these policies. They are all good and nothing is wrong with them."

Which if someone was a good politician, they'd be able to go over all the Pro's and Con's and explain how the Pro's outweigh the Con's. Though according to some people keeping up with politics, this is impossible. Though is it really? No. As I have stated and proved so.

You may say,"How?". Well, should I give few examples of this? Or have I said enough for you to understand without me bringing up some examples?
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 11:34:45 AM
Ha, let all the soldiers in fort Hood pack a pistol! Best idea I've heard for years on the gun issue in the land of the gun. After the first few days of the shootup of the place it would surely calm down to no more than one dead cowboy a day!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 1:31:18 PM
Is monty suggesting that military cannot be trusted with a gun?
Isn't that, you know, kinda their thing?
Perhaps next he'll suggest cops shouldn't have them either, or the police stations will be shot up.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 1:46:26 PM
At 4/12/2014 1:31:18 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Perhaps next he'll suggest cops shouldn't have them either, or the police stations will be shot up.

Yes, he says stupid things like that all the time. I made a thread today, and once again he uses it as an opportunity to randomly insult me out of no where. This fool needs to be banned. We don't want Canadians on our American website.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 2:00:09 PM
At 4/12/2014 1:46:26 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Yes, he says stupid things like that all the time. I made a thread today, and once again he uses it as an opportunity to randomly insult me out of no where. This fool needs to be banned. We don't want Canadians on our American website.

I'm aware, which is why I don't address him anymore.
It is even more annoying, because he is capable of intelligent dialogue, I've seen it, but he doesn't choose to engage with most in this way. Almost like he has to deem you worthy to engage respectfully...or he is jerk who just likes to insult others for little reason except for disagreement. Quite pathetic actually.

And, I like Tulle.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 4:19:48 PM

Agreed.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 4:42:52 PM

Don't acknowledge him. He's honestly an idiot.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 11:09:32 PM

Not just your website but you want people of all countries that are critical of US crimes against humanity silenced. Hitler tried it and failed but he didn't have all the bombs to rain down on people in small countries that the US has.

Know thy enemy!
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 11:11:27 PM
At 4/12/2014 4:42:52 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:

Don't acknowledge him. He's honestly an idiot.

Lol, he's been completely shunned it seems. I'm petitioning for Airmax to ban him.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 11:13:13 PM

Yes, killing people is their thing and that's why they are so dangerous with a lethal weapon in their hands. They'll probably get it right with few bullets. And as I suggested, that wouldn't be all a bad thing. Natural selection!
Kanti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 11:23:07 PM
At 4/12/2014 11:13:13 PM, monty1 wrote:

Yes, killing people is their thing and that's why they are so dangerous with a lethal weapon in their hands. They'll probably get it right with few bullets. And as I suggested, that wouldn't be all a bad thing. Natural selection!

Come on Monty. You can't afford to be this obtuse. Killing people is not the central function of the military. Maybe you could make an argument on excessive force of the military in foreign countries over the past 60 years.

But who should have a gun, Monty? Let's just start there.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 12:06:56 AM
At 4/12/2014 11:09:32 PM, monty1 wrote:

Not just your website but you want people of all countries that are critical of US crimes against humanity silenced. Hitler tried it and failed but he didn't have all the bombs to rain down on people in small countries that the US has.

Know thy enemy!

There are thousands of people on this site Monty. Of which at least half are "critical of the US" (I won't finish with your crimes against humanity part) and people like jif and I don't say anything about them needing to be banned or that they are a plague on this site. Why? Because it isn't the message your preaching that makes you such a freaking piece of utter human **** that should have been ****** *** into a sock. It's YOU. Specifically YOU. We hate you. I could care less about what your political beliefs are. The knowledge that you are a human being alone is enough to infuriate most normal people.