Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

The USA in the next ten years

HPWKA
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 8:45:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There will be a lot more Hispanics in the country.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 9:07:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Universal/affordable health care will become more accepted.

Besides that, not much. Say, 40 years, on the other hand...

This century may decide the fate of humanity.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:32:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/15/2014 8:21:58 PM, EliasPredko wrote:
Tell me a little story about what you think will happen in the future of the United States of America.

I think the GOP will lose the next three presidential elections.
I think the cost of living in the United States is going to dramatically increase, and that wealth inequality gaps will widen even more acutely.
I think there will probably be at least one major economic crisis.
I think tuition prices are going to continue to soar.
I think that the Democratic Party will make progress towards a single payer system.
I think the Supreme Court will require universal recognition of gay marriage.
I think fewer people are going to go to church.
I think social conservatives will dwindle in numbers.
I think religious fundamentalism in Christianity, Judaism and Islam will become increasingly more difficult problems.
I think the Supreme Court will hear a case regarding mandatory vaccination, and they will uphold it in the compelling interest of public health.
I think that a generation of under educated formerly middle class high school and college dropouts will become dependent on federal and state assistance.
I think Democrats will increase in-state tuition subsidies in left-leaning states, and publicly funded colleges in right-leaning states will continue to struggle.
I think in ten years the Tea Party, campaign finance deregulation and increasing general populism within the Republican party are all going to either destroy the Republican Party, to the Libertarian Party's gain, or Republican candidates will remake themselves in the image of Libertarians of political necessity.
I think the fervently religious will continue to isolate themselves from the rest of the world, to the detriment of organized religion as a whole.
I think that anyone under the age of 30, now, who ever publicly opposed gay rights will find themselves increasingly culturally isolated from the rest of society.
I think that rap, hip hop, pop and country music will continue to converge, as they have been for the past ten years.
I think that abortion, immigration and contraception will continue to be wedge issue debates that isolate Republicans.
I think Rick Perry will be the GOP's nominee for 2016, and that he will lose to Hillary Clinton.
I think Chris Christie will run for president only after Hillary Clinton's second term.
Tsar of DDO
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 12:56:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What a great idea for a discussion and so much to speculate upon! But briefly:

The US will continue to prosper as a nation as the few at the top get richer. But the lot of the ordinary American people will continue to decline much more rapidly as China and other nations outproduce the US and flood it with cheap products. But not cheap in the sense that they are poorly made products because the quality is improving very rapidly and has already outsripped US quality in many ways.

The American worker will be forced to accept lower and lower wages in order to attempt to compete with China and other countries and that will lead to more and more poverty. The American bread basket will not have the labour to bake the bread so to speak.

There is so much to predict but these few facts are obvious. And it becomes obvious that we can contemplate the spinoff to the obvious. Look to the Mexican economy and the Mexican people for a view of the future for Americans. The American people have become powerless to prevent it from happening as they are stuck with the idea that they don't deserve a piece of the pie. They feel they have no right to take their piece as that in their minds would be stealing the property of the wealthy.

Go teabaggers! Your ignorant mindset has the power to bring down your country faster!
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:28:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 12:56:14 PM, monty1 wrote:
What a great idea for a discussion and so much to speculate upon! But briefly:

The US will continue to prosper as a nation as the few at the top get richer. But the lot of the ordinary American people will continue to decline much more rapidly as China and other nations outproduce the US and flood it with cheap products. But not cheap in the sense that they are poorly made products because the quality is improving very rapidly and has already outsripped US quality in many ways.

The American worker will be forced to accept lower and lower wages in order to attempt to compete with China and other countries and that will lead to more and more poverty. The American bread basket will not have the labour to bake the bread so to speak.

Umm... That's impossible. There's this thing called "minimum wage"...

There is so much to predict but these few facts are obvious. And it becomes obvious that we can contemplate the spinoff to the obvious. Look to the Mexican economy and the Mexican people for a view of the future for Americans. The American people have become powerless to prevent it from happening as they are stuck with the idea that they don't deserve a piece of the pie. They feel they have no right to take their piece as that in their minds would be stealing the property of the wealthy.

Go teabaggers! Your ignorant mindset has the power to bring down your country faster!
thett3
Posts: 14,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:32:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 12:32:54 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/15/2014 8:21:58 PM, EliasPredko wrote:
Tell me a little story about what you think will happen in the future of the United States of America.

I think the GOP will lose the next three presidential elections.

Way too early to tell

I think the cost of living in the United States is going to dramatically increase, and that wealth inequality gaps will widen even more acutely.

Sadly agree

I think there will probably be at least one major economic crisis.

Maybe
I think tuition prices are going to continue to soar.

For sure.
I think that the Democratic Party will make progress towards a single payer system.

Maybe.

I think the Supreme Court will require universal recognition of gay marriage.

For sure.

I think fewer people are going to go to church.

Sadly, yes.
I think social conservatives will dwindle in numbers.

Ehh. Social conservatives on current issues will dwindle as the "culture war" is in the endgame right now, and they've lost. New issues will bring new social conservatives.

I think religious fundamentalism in Christianity, Judaism and Islam will become increasingly more difficult problems.

Maybe.
I think the Supreme Court will hear a case regarding mandatory vaccination, and they will uphold it in the compelling interest of public health.

Possible but I'm not sure
I think that a generation of under educated formerly middle class high school and college dropouts will become dependent on federal and state assistance.

for sure.

I think Democrats will increase in-state tuition subsidies in left-leaning states, and publicly funded colleges in right-leaning states will continue to struggle.

Yup.

I think in ten years the Tea Party, campaign finance deregulation and increasing general populism within the Republican party are all going to either destroy the Republican Party, to the Libertarian Party's gain, or Republican candidates will remake themselves in the image of Libertarians of political necessity.

Yup.

I think the fervently religious will continue to isolate themselves from the rest of the world, to the detriment of organized religion as a whole.

Yup.

I think that anyone under the age of 30, now, who ever publicly opposed gay rights will find themselves increasingly culturally isolated from the rest of society.

Maybe in some places. I know plenty of people my age here who would still vote no on gay rights if there was a referendum. It will be interesting to see how history will view those people.

I think that rap, hip hop, pop and country music will continue to converge, as they have been for the past ten years.

Sadly, yes. It's all becoming crap.

I think that abortion, immigration and contraception will continue to be wedge issue debates that isolate Republicans.

Yup.

I think Rick Perry will be the GOP's nominee for 2016, and that he will lose to Hillary Clinton.

No way...Rick Perry? I certainly hope not.

I think Chris Christie will run for president only after Hillary Clinton's second term.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
EliasPredko
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:44:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What I think will happen is that China's economy will skyrocket, while the USA dwindles. Our economy right now is a ticking time bomb. The national debt is at a critical point. I am very serious about this. the dollar will collapse in as little as five years.
EliasPredko
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:46:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I agree with you on that one. As a matter of fact, it is already happening! I have several neighbors who hire Mexican immigrants to do yard work.
EliasPredko
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:52:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/15/2014 8:21:58 PM, EliasPredko wrote:
Tell me a little story about what you think will happen in the future of the United States of America.
And what makes me suspicious is that the government is throwing out scholarships for college. Just let the job market decide. Perhaps they know that economic disaster is coming and are going to use our generation to pay off the debt. Flee to the woods, fellows, to escape the potential slavery.
Of course, the value of gold will skyrocket. That's why I am going to work on YouTube. I need gold. It may as well go up to 5,000 dollars an ounce!
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:53:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 2:32:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/16/2014 12:32:54 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/15/2014 8:21:58 PM, EliasPredko wrote:
Tell me a little story about what you think will happen in the future of the United States of America.

I think the GOP will lose the next three presidential elections.

Way too early to tell

I don't think so. Look at the divergent voting blocs within the GOP, compare their contrasting interests (or, at least what they think are their interests) and translate that into electoral outcomes. Absent the rise of some neo-fusion conservatism (which I think will eventually emerge, but only after the GOP loses the next three elections) which will take the political form, more or less, of a loose libertarianism, they're hopeless.

I think the cost of living in the United States is going to dramatically increase, and that wealth inequality gaps will widen even more acutely.

Sadly agree

The more the GOP cuts education on all levels, shoots holes in the social safety net and continues to fail to create the kinds of policies which utilize human capital, the more people will fall out of the middle class and never find their way back.

I think there will probably be at least one major economic crisis.

Maybe

Even being as liberal as I am, what I see is not stable growth, but an economy on life support and the fiscal equivalent of adderall...

I think tuition prices are going to continue to soar.

For sure.

That fault for increasing tuition prices, though, is two fold: (1) Republicans cut higher ed funding and (2) universities waste money on frivolous things.

I think that the Democratic Party will make progress towards a single payer system.

Maybe.

Obamacare was a stepping stone. A single-payer system will come next, though that's probably, actually, more than a decade away.

I think the Supreme Court will require universal recognition of gay marriage.

For sure.

*raises glass for a toast*

I think fewer people are going to go to church.

Sadly, yes.

It is sad, and the fault for that lies with radical religious leaders and middle to upper middle class, self-righteous Christians who have no sense of charity or duty and for whom church is nothing more than a social experience.

I think social conservatives will dwindle in numbers.

Ehh. Social conservatives on current issues will dwindle as the "culture war" is in the endgame right now, and they've lost. New issues will bring new social conservatives.

The culture warriors have not made their last stand, and most of them are just getting started. It's going to get much worse before it gets better, because socially liberal policies are going to be blamed for angry, uneducated white people being left behind (socially, politically and economically). You're right that younger people (Millennials) who identify as conservative don't really care about legislatively imposed old-testament morality to the same extent as their parents and many are widely skeptical of it. But, the boomers and Gen-X have to start dying off before their political significance is a thing of the past. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), the public health trends for lower middle class white people aren't promising: life expectancy for lower middle and lower class Americans has taken a dive... so the political outcome of that might be favorable for the DNC.

I think religious fundamentalism in Christianity, Judaism and Islam will become increasingly more difficult problems.

Maybe.

Oh, yeah. Religious fundamentalism kicks off in response to those who perceive that they were left behind by social progression -and America is becoming more progressive, so religious fundamentalism is going to increase, especially among Christians, and it's going to continue to be a problem.

I think the Supreme Court will hear a case regarding mandatory vaccination, and they will uphold it in the compelling interest of public health.

Possible but I'm not sure

It's going to happen; though I grant you this is a long shot on my part.

I think that a generation of under educated formerly middle class high school and college dropouts will become dependent on federal and state assistance.

for sure.

That's what's so sad about this tea-bagging bullsh!t. The tea partiers, who think that balancing the budget is what's going to secure their kid's economic futures, are literally killing any chance any of us under 30 have to retire before we're in our 70s.

I think Democrats will increase in-state tuition subsidies in left-leaning states, and publicly funded colleges in right-leaning states will continue to struggle.

Yup.

I think in ten years the Tea Party, campaign finance deregulation and increasing general populism within the Republican party are all going to either destroy the Republican Party, to the Libertarian Party's gain, or Republican candidates will remake themselves in the image of Libertarians of political necessity.

Yup.

I think the fervently religious will continue to isolate themselves from the rest of the world, to the detriment of organized religion as a whole.

Yup.

I think that anyone under the age of 30, now, who ever publicly opposed gay rights will find themselves increasingly culturally isolated from the rest of society.

Maybe in some places. I know plenty of people my age here who would still vote no on gay rights if there was a referendum. It will be interesting to see how history will view those people.

Give it time.

I think that rap, hip hop, pop and country music will continue to converge, as they have been for the past ten years.

Sadly, yes. It's all becoming crap.

I think that abortion, immigration and contraception will continue to be wedge issue debates that isolate Republicans.

Yup.

I think Rick Perry will be the GOP's nominee for 2016, and that he will lose to Hillary Clinton.

No way...Rick Perry? I certainly hope not.

I'd bet money on it. He's just 'establishment' enough that the Karl Rove types will be willing to compromise, and just 'movement conservative' enough to appease the tea bagging loons. This latest scandal he's found himself in where he -in all likelihood- withheld funding until some Democratic AG resigned will blow over. It might even win him points with some of the movement conservatives. He's most likely the nominee.

I think Chris Christie will run for president only after Hillary Clinton's second term.
Tsar of DDO
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 3:03:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
-Gay Marriage will be legalized in half or more of all existing states, if not all (by order of the Federal Government and the SCOTUS)

-The National Debt will increase exponentially, with still neither party willing to take the needed measures to pay it off; Republican membership will decline

-The US will be involved in more wars abroad, mostly in regions like the Middle East

-US-Israeli relations will sour further

-The US will get involved in Mexico against the Cartels

-Social Conservative organizations will be listed as hate groups and discriminated against by the Federal Government. groups like the AFA being compared to the Ku Klux Klan or Westboro Church

-30% or more of households will be on Federal Aid Programs (Food Stamps, for instance) by the end of the decade

-Church Membership will decline to a record low, especially among youths

-The Traditional Family will decline even further (if that's even possible) while the number of people who identify as LGBT will increase, perhaps up to 15% or 20% of Americans by the end of the decade.

-There will be laws passed preventing Pro-Life demonstrators from protesting on the property of or near abortion clinics (that is, if such laws do not already exist)

-It will no longer be a taboo for women to admit or even flaunt the fact that they've had an abortion, mostly in states on the Northeast Coast.

-The Government's surveillance programs and defense spending will escalate

-Hillary Clinton will win the Presidential Election in 2016, and then a second time in 2020; the media will blindly praise her as the first woman president

-The quality of American healthcare will decline, most notable in the elderly, disabled, and those with a terminal illness

-Laws will be passed allowing illegal Mexican immigrants (who often aren't even citizens) to run for public office

-LGBT Awareness Day (or something with a similar name) will be made a school holiday.

-All churches will be required by law to perform same-sex weddings or risk losing their nonprofit status (or even being shut down)

-By law, all guns will be required to have a tracking device on them; criminals will simply remove or break the trackers, of course

-The crime rate will increase, and shootings will become more common

-America's growing Islamic population will result in more terror attacks

-Birth rates in blacks and whites will be at a low

So basically, from a Conservative's point of view, everything will get worse. Way worse.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 3:23:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 3:03:41 PM, Crescendo wrote:
-Gay Marriage will be legalized in half or more of all existing states, if not all (by order of the Federal Government and the SCOTUS)

-The National Debt will increase exponentially, with still neither party willing to take the needed measures to pay it off; Republican membership will decline

-The US will be involved in more wars abroad, mostly in regions like the Middle East

-US-Israeli relations will sour further

-The US will get involved in Mexico against the Cartels

-Social Conservative organizations will be listed as hate groups and discriminated against by the Federal Government. groups like the AFA being compared to the Ku Klux Klan or Westboro Church

-30% or more of households will be on Federal Aid Programs (Food Stamps, for instance) by the end of the decade

-Church Membership will decline to a record low, especially among youths

-The Traditional Family will decline even further (if that's even possible) while the number of people who identify as LGBT will increase, perhaps up to 15% or 20% of Americans by the end of the decade.

-There will be laws passed preventing Pro-Life demonstrators from protesting on the property of or near abortion clinics (that is, if such laws do not already exist)

-It will no longer be a taboo for women to admit or even flaunt the fact that they've had an abortion, mostly in states on the Northeast Coast.

-The Government's surveillance programs and defense spending will escalate

-Hillary Clinton will win the Presidential Election in 2016, and then a second time in 2020; the media will blindly praise her as the first woman president

-The quality of American healthcare will decline, most notable in the elderly, disabled, and those with a terminal illness

-Laws will be passed allowing illegal Mexican immigrants (who often aren't even citizens) to run for public office

-LGBT Awareness Day (or something with a similar name) will be made a school holiday.

-All churches will be required by law to perform same-sex weddings or risk losing their nonprofit status (or even being shut down)

-By law, all guns will be required to have a tracking device on them; criminals will simply remove or break the trackers, of course

-The crime rate will increase, and shootings will become more common

-America's growing Islamic population will result in more terror attacks; this growing Islamic population will also contribute to souring relations with Israel as news stations like Al-Jazeera will grow in viewer base.

-Birth rates in blacks and whites will be at a low

-Despite the increase government regulations, corporatism will actually increase

-Quality of the treatment of injured (physically or psychologically) soldiers will decline (due in part to the ACA), and conditions in the military will grow worse; expect more incidents on army bases; more Mexicans (many of them illegals) will join the army

So basically, from a Conservative's point of view, most things will get worse. Way worse.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:07:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 2:28:56 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 4/16/2014 12:56:14 PM, monty1 wrote:
What a great idea for a discussion and so much to speculate upon! But briefly:

The US will continue to prosper as a nation as the few at the top get richer. But the lot of the ordinary American people will continue to decline much more rapidly as China and other nations outproduce the US and flood it with cheap products. But not cheap in the sense that they are poorly made products because the quality is improving very rapidly and has already outsripped US quality in many ways.

The American worker will be forced to accept lower and lower wages in order to attempt to compete with China and other countries and that will lead to more and more poverty. The American bread basket will not have the labour to bake the bread so to speak.

Umm... That's impossible. There's this thing called "minimum wage"...

There is so much to predict but these few facts are obvious. And it becomes obvious that we can contemplate the spinoff to the obvious. Look to the Mexican economy and the Mexican people for a view of the future for Americans. The American people have become powerless to prevent it from happening as they are stuck with the idea that they don't deserve a piece of the pie. They feel they have no right to take their piece as that in their minds would be stealing the property of the wealthy.

Go teabaggers! Your ignorant mindset has the power to bring down your country faster!

Hahaha, you dope. Even if Obama is able to get the min wage up to ten bucks do you think that's going to enable families to feed their children on anything better than rice by the 100 pound bag and beans? No more ice cream for you for sure. Your country is going to be lucky to have enough water to go around in ten years!
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:55:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 2:44:30 PM, EliasPredko wrote:
What I think will happen is that China's economy will skyrocket, while the USA dwindles. Our economy right now is a ticking time bomb. The national debt is at a critical point. I am very serious about this. the dollar will collapse in as little as five years.

This is IMHO unduly alarmist. It would have been appropriate in 2009 but not today. The deficit is getting under control and the seeds have been sown for pronounced inflation to deal with the outstanding debt.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 8:02:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 3:03:41 PM, Crescendo wrote:
-Gay Marriage will be legalized in half or more of all existing states, if not all (by order of the Federal Government and the SCOTUS)

-The National Debt will increase exponentially, with still neither party willing to take the needed measures to pay it off; Republican membership will decline

-The US will be involved in more wars abroad, mostly in regions like the Middle East

-US-Israeli relations will sour further

-The US will get involved in Mexico against the Cartels

-Social Conservative organizations will be listed as hate groups and discriminated against by the Federal Government. groups like the AFA being compared to the Ku Klux Klan or Westboro Church

-30% or more of households will be on Federal Aid Programs (Food Stamps, for instance) by the end of the decade

-Church Membership will decline to a record low, especially among youths

-The Traditional Family will decline even further (if that's even possible) while the number of people who identify as LGBT will increase, perhaps up to 15% or 20% of Americans by the end of the decade.

-There will be laws passed preventing Pro-Life demonstrators from protesting on the property of or near abortion clinics (that is, if such laws do not already exist)

-It will no longer be a taboo for women to admit or even flaunt the fact that they've had an abortion, mostly in states on the Northeast Coast.

-The Government's surveillance programs and defense spending will escalate

-Hillary Clinton will win the Presidential Election in 2016, and then a second time in 2020; the media will blindly praise her as the first woman president

-The quality of American healthcare will decline, most notable in the elderly, disabled, and those with a terminal illness

-Laws will be passed allowing illegal Mexican immigrants (who often aren't even citizens) to run for public office

-LGBT Awareness Day (or something with a similar name) will be made a school holiday.

-All churches will be required by law to perform same-sex weddings or risk losing their nonprofit status (or even being shut down)

-By law, all guns will be required to have a tracking device on them; criminals will simply remove or break the trackers, of course

-The crime rate will increase, and shootings will become more common

-America's growing Islamic population will result in more terror attacks

-Birth rates in blacks and whites will be at a low

So basically, from a Conservative's point of view, everything will get worse. Way worse.

Ha, most of the conservatives have already admitted this in defeat. MUHAHAHAHA, phase 1 of liberal domination complete.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 12:25:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 7:07:50 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 4/16/2014 2:28:56 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 4/16/2014 12:56:14 PM, monty1 wrote:
What a great idea for a discussion and so much to speculate upon! But briefly:

The US will continue to prosper as a nation as the few at the top get richer. But the lot of the ordinary American people will continue to decline much more rapidly as China and other nations outproduce the US and flood it with cheap products. But not cheap in the sense that they are poorly made products because the quality is improving very rapidly and has already outsripped US quality in many ways.

The American worker will be forced to accept lower and lower wages in order to attempt to compete with China and other countries and that will lead to more and more poverty. The American bread basket will not have the labour to bake the bread so to speak.

Umm... That's impossible. There's this thing called "minimum wage"...

There is so much to predict but these few facts are obvious. And it becomes obvious that we can contemplate the spinoff to the obvious. Look to the Mexican economy and the Mexican people for a view of the future for Americans. The American people have become powerless to prevent it from happening as they are stuck with the idea that they don't deserve a piece of the pie. They feel they have no right to take their piece as that in their minds would be stealing the property of the wealthy.

Go teabaggers! Your ignorant mindset has the power to bring down your country faster!

Hahaha, you dope. Even if Obama is able to get the min wage up to ten bucks do you think that's going to enable families to feed their children on anything better than rice by the 100 pound bag and beans? No more ice cream for you for sure. Your country is going to be lucky to have enough water to go around in ten years!

Lol so cute.
HuntRA
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 9:22:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/17/2014 1:41:09 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I reckon you guys are going to have a nuclear war with china tbh. But that probably won't be within this decade.

I doubt that would happen, considering the amount of debt that is contributed to them. I think America will still try and have good relations with them.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 12:40:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/16/2014 7:55:15 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 4/16/2014 2:44:30 PM, EliasPredko wrote:
What I think will happen is that China's economy will skyrocket, while the USA dwindles. Our economy right now is a ticking time bomb. The national debt is at a critical point. I am very serious about this. the dollar will collapse in as little as five years.

This is IMHO unduly alarmist. It would have been appropriate in 2009 but not today. The deficit is getting under control and the seeds have been sown for pronounced inflation to deal with the outstanding debt.

You're right! but you still missed the point. The US economy is solid enough to survive but that doesn't mean the quality of life for the American people can survive it. What in the world makes you think that a miraculous turn around is going to happen in the near future when it's obvious that the quality and standard of life for the people continues to decline even as the economy begins to boom.

Or, in other words, has the teabagger insanity sealed the deal for the very wealthy? I think it's going to be a very hard uphill climb to get back out of what they have created.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 12:47:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/17/2014 12:40:58 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 4/16/2014 7:55:15 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 4/16/2014 2:44:30 PM, EliasPredko wrote:
What I think will happen is that China's economy will skyrocket, while the USA dwindles. Our economy right now is a ticking time bomb. The national debt is at a critical point. I am very serious about this. the dollar will collapse in as little as five years.

This is IMHO unduly alarmist. It would have been appropriate in 2009 but not today. The deficit is getting under control and the seeds have been sown for pronounced inflation to deal with the outstanding debt.

You're right! but you still missed the point. The US economy is solid enough to survive but that doesn't mean the quality of life for the American people can survive it. What in the world makes you think that a miraculous turn around is going to happen in the near future when it's obvious that the quality and standard of life for the people continues to decline even as the economy begins to boom.

Or, in other words, has the teabagger insanity sealed the deal for the very wealthy? I think it's going to be a very hard uphill climb to get back out of what they have created.

Your comment doesn't make any sense and grossly distorts what I originally wrote. I will leave it at that, as I have no wish to converse with you.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 1:07:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/17/2014 12:47:39 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 4/17/2014 12:40:58 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 4/16/2014 7:55:15 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 4/16/2014 2:44:30 PM, EliasPredko wrote:
What I think will happen is that China's economy will skyrocket, while the USA dwindles. Our economy right now is a ticking time bomb. The national debt is at a critical point. I am very serious about this. the dollar will collapse in as little as five years.

This is IMHO unduly alarmist. It would have been appropriate in 2009 but not today. The deficit is getting under control and the seeds have been sown for pronounced inflation to deal with the outstanding debt.

You're right! but you still missed the point. The US economy is solid enough to survive but that doesn't mean the quality of life for the American people can survive it. What in the world makes you think that a miraculous turn around is going to happen in the near future when it's obvious that the quality and standard of life for the people continues to decline even as the economy begins to boom.

Or, in other words, has the teabagger insanity sealed the deal for the very wealthy? I think it's going to be a very hard uphill climb to get back out of what they have created.

Your comment doesn't make any sense and grossly distorts what I originally wrote. I will leave it at that, as I have no wish to converse with you.

But I have a wish to converse with you. Or more correctly, 'at' you.

I'm suggesting that the US economy is strong enough to survive China's enterprising efforts but the American way of life for the people is, and has been endangered for a long time now. It's all going to go to the wealthy as income inequality grows larger and larger. Facts my friend, dispute the facts. Of fukking well don't, whatever suits you.