Jump to topic:

WWIII? nac...

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 1:53:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As the Ukraine deteriorates into a civil war, Russia is moving and grabbing more strategic points in the region. NATO, the EU and the United States have two options, either allow Russia to retake the Ukraine and then possibly more land in the Baltic or Polish regions of Europe or we make a military stand and defend them.

If we don't do anything Russia is going to swallow the Ukraine. If we do something, we risk a military escalation that could erupt into WWIII.

This summer is the 100th anniversary of WWI. Have we not learned anything in the last 100 years?

Aggression needs to be put to a stop early or it leads to war.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:32:36 PM
At 4/16/2014 1:53:44 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
As the Ukraine deteriorates into a civil war, Russia is moving and grabbing more strategic points in the region. NATO, the EU and the United States have two options, either allow Russia to retake the Ukraine and then possibly more land in the Baltic or Polish regions of Europe or we make a military stand and defend them.

If we don't do anything Russia is going to swallow the Ukraine. If we do something, we risk a military escalation that could erupt into WWIII.

This summer is the 100th anniversary of WWI. Have we not learned anything in the last 100 years?

The EU and NATO are not going to fight a war over the Ukraine. Further diplomatic options and economic sanctions will be and should be pressed apon but not military options. Now if such a war or further Russian aggression threatens a NATO nation like Poland or Lithuania then this is a different story and will immediately lead to ww3
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:41:56 PM
At 4/16/2014 2:32:36 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:

The EU and NATO are not going to fight a war over the Ukraine. Further diplomatic options and economic sanctions will be and should be pressed apon but not military options. Now if such a war or further Russian aggression threatens a NATO nation like Poland or Lithuania then this is a different story and will immediately lead to ww3

So we follow in the same footsteps Britain did in the mid 1930s? Take what you want just don't attack a country that really matters?

Nice. We all know how that turned out.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:51:30 PM
At 4/16/2014 2:41:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

So we follow in the same footsteps Britain did in the mid 1930s? Take what you want just don't attack a country that really matters?

Yeah. It sucks and I totally disagree with it. But I'm also a realist and it's painful obvious that's the way this is going to pan out. Sucks for Ukraine.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 2:55:21 PM

WWI isn't the best parallel, but WWII. Not severely punishing Putin for seizing crimea was tantamount to symbolic appeasement.

Tsar of DDO
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 3:13:29 PM

Another Cold War? Maybe. WW3? I highly doubt it.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 3:57:15 PM
At 4/16/2014 3:13:29 PM, Crescendo wrote:

You're very optimistic. Then again, no one ever sees war coming until its on their doorstep.
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 4:05:07 PM
At 4/16/2014 3:57:15 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

You're very optimistic. Then again, no one ever sees war coming until its on their doorstep.

I know this because there have been countless conflicts or international incidents which people thought would turn into WWIII. Here's a few:

-Cuban Missile Crisis

-War on Terror
http://www.bilderberg.org...
(yeah, I know this link is nuts, but it shows that some people think this)

-Syrian Civil War
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com...
My View of the World:

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 4:06:36 PM

Finally someone comes out and says that those "rebels" are russian troops. We know this because they were the exact same as the ones in Crimea. Soviet Fatigues, masks, no insignia, and Russian weapons/armor. These attacks are obviously being coordinated and planned by a well informed intelligence agency.

Its been hard enough dealing with these idiots who accuse me of being brainwashed by the US, but now they have the audacity to say that the government of Ukraine is ordering genocide/democide. Absolutely ridiculous.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 4:10:46 PM

Its interesting to note though that no there is no realistic way that Russia could win a war with NATO though. From the few times engagement has happened, NATO has dropped a unprecedented amount of bombs and firepower on its enemies.

Now, I'm not saying we should go to war (worst possible thing we could do), but Russia must have a trump card to be playing it so close to the edge with NATO. That should at least be taken into account.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 4:15:34 PM
At 4/16/2014 2:41:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

No one is denying that what Russia did is wrong in every way possible, but what can we really do. War will only cause more pain, and ideological government isn't always worth dying for. Ararmer's right though, any attempt to move in on the Baltic would provoke WW3.

Anyways, we can note two things from this experience. Countries in the Balkans and the Caspian coastline need to be better prepared by the west for Russian incursions, and that Russia can not be fought, but strangled. Its been hard though since Germany and other countries have been very light on the sanctions. Which is another precursor to WW3. The pathetic attempt by the league to sanction Italy for invading Ethiopia was disappointing.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 4:17:09 PM
At 4/16/2014 4:05:07 PM, Crescendo wrote:

I know this because there have been countless conflicts or international incidents which people thought would turn into WWIII. Here's a few:

-Cuban Missile Crisis

-War on Terror

-Syrian Civil War

Sunk Cost Ploy on both Cresendo and CP. You are both basing hypothetical's with what happened in the past. Arguments should be made in analysis to the present and current factors.
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 4:19:19 PM
At 4/16/2014 4:17:09 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

-Cuban Missile Crisis

-War on Terror

-Syrian Civil War

Sunk Cost Ploy on both Cresendo and CP. You are both basing hypothetical's with what happened in the past. Arguments should be made in analysis to the present and current factors.

I'm just saying...many, many WW3 predictions have turned out to be wrong.
My View of the World:

Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 4:20:52 PM
At 4/16/2014 4:19:19 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 4/16/2014 4:17:09 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

-Cuban Missile Crisis

-War on Terror

-Syrian Civil War

I'm just saying...many, many WW3 predictions have turned out to be wrong.

And I'm saying that arguing with the sunk cost tactic is like putting a rock in water and hoping it will float...............................*bad analogy*
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 4:24:14 PM
So what you guys are saying is that when 'we' are imperialistic, that's business as usual, but when 'they' are imperialistic, we must consider whether we want to start a world war over it?
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:46:03 PM

We sure have learned something since WW1. It's that the US will continue to start wars of aggression every time an opportunity arises. Over 30 US wars of aggression since WW1 had to teach us something.

And it sure the fuk isn't that the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming. They never were coming!
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:51:32 PM
At 4/16/2014 6:46:03 PM, monty1 wrote:

We sure have learned something since WW1. It's that the US will continue to start wars of aggression every time an opportunity arises. Over 30 US wars of aggression since WW1 had to teach us something.

And it sure the fuk isn't that the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming. They never were coming!

Lol, even though they are responsible for 100% of the aggression.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:53:03 PM

Wut?

Can you name all 30+ "wars of aggression"? Kthanx.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:56:03 PM
At 4/16/2014 6:53:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Wut?

Ignore him, he is a raging anti-american troll. He has been caught making BS statistics and fabricating sources. He denied Russian troops in Crimea and the east, thinks a genocide is going on, and keeps going straw man by arguing unrelevant topics like NATO bombing Kosovo.

He also holds the record for the most personal attacks and ad-hominens after Imabench.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:57:21 PM
At 4/16/2014 6:56:03 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Wut?

Ignore him, he is a raging anti-american troll. He has been caught making BS statistics and fabricating sources. He denied Russian troops in Crimea and the east, thinks a genocide is going on, and keeps going straw man by arguing unrelevant topics like NATO bombing Kosovo.

He also holds the record for the most personal attacks and ad-hominens after Imabench.

Oh yikes. Thanks for the warning.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 6:59:03 PM

1) Not the only two options in reality.

2) We can't let that happen.

3) We can't go to war.

4) What should we have learned? I think we should of made the consequences for aggression harder. This whole thing would of been avoided if we reformed the security council to abolish the veto.

5) Maybe I'm mistaken, but are you saying we need to attack to avoid war?!
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:00:38 PM

1) Not the only two options in reality.

2) We can't let that happen.

3) We can't go to war.

4) What should we have learned? I think we should of made the consequences for aggression harder. This whole thing would of been avoided if we reformed the security council to abolish the veto.

5) Maybe I'm mistaken, but are you saying we need to attack to avoid war?!

I think we need to sign the Ukraine Support Act immediately, and save what we can. I'll write my theory on the Russian attacks in a new forum.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:01:29 PM

Wut?

Here's a list of about 90 so see if you can find a good 50 or 60 that qualify as wars of aggression. I underestimated.

https://answers.yahoo.com...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:17:45 PM
At 4/16/2014 7:01:29 PM, monty1 wrote:

Wut?

Here's a list of about 90 so see if you can find a good 50 or 60 that qualify as wars of aggression. I underestimated.

Trolololololololol...

Yahoo Answers pfffft.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:26:35 PM
At 4/16/2014 7:17:45 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Wut?

Trolololololololol...

Yahoo Answers pfffft.

Are you people insane? When was the last time that the US engaged in a defensive war? What you seem to be implying, which is that the US 'does not commit acts of aggression', is staggeringly divorced from reality.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:33:06 PM
At 4/16/2014 7:26:35 PM, Wocambs wrote:

Wut?

Trolololololololol...

Yahoo Answers pfffft.

Are you people insane? When was the last time that the US engaged in a defensive war? What you seem to be implying, which is that the US 'does not commit acts of aggression', is staggeringly divorced from reality.

Who said the US doesn't commit acts of aggression?
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:37:15 PM
At 4/16/2014 7:33:06 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Wut?

Trolololololololol...

Yahoo Answers pfffft.

So you're just disputing that it's 30+ wars? I'm just trying to keep it real haha.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 7:41:02 PM
At 4/16/2014 7:37:15 PM, Wocambs wrote:
At 4/16/2014 7:33:06 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Wut?

Trolololololololol...

Yahoo Answers pfffft.

So you're just disputing that it's 30+ wars? I'm just trying to keep it real haha.

30+ wars of aggression sounds excessive, yes.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 8:50:32 PM
At 4/16/2014 4:15:34 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:
Anyways, we can note two things from this experience. Countries in the Balkans and the Caspian coastline need to be better prepared by the west for Russian incursions, and that Russia can not be fought, but strangled. Its been hard though since Germany and other countries have been very light on the sanctions.
A reminder - The EU is an organization of cowards and disorganized lunatics. It was not willing and brave enough to prevent the massive bloodshed in the Yugoslav wars, let alone a Russian full-scale invasion of anything it pinpoints on the map.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 8:52:41 PM

Idiot, please write something similar to that in your uni paper and fail your semester.