Jump to topic:

Obama might get the Banhammer

PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 8:21:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So, support of impeaching President Obama is growing rapidly. Multiple organizations supporting this cause are becoming ever more fierce. There have been numerous articles (many by reliable sources) concerning this issue. I personally think if there is a trial, he will be convicted and fired. So, the questions I ask you guys are:

1. Do you think these efforts are worthwhile?
2. Will President Obama actually get impeached?
3. ^If so, will he be acquitted or convicted?
4. Would you approve of Joe Biden being the new president?
5. Do you believe the president deserves impeachment?
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
PatriotPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 9:00:31 PM
At 4/16/2014 8:58:35 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
Impeach him for what exactly?

Benghazi, debt, gun rights, etc.

I don't really know, I'm not a politician.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 9:04:16 PM
Oh yeah I'm not trying to attack you, you just posted the topic for discussion. I'm just wondering what the justification people have who are in support of impeaching him.

The Constitution says that impeachment is for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

Basically, unlawful activity or conspiring against the country in some way. The NSA fiasco is the only impeachable offense in his presidency, as far as I know.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 9:13:39 PM
At 4/16/2014 8:21:43 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
So, support of impeaching President Obama is growing rapidly. Multiple organizations supporting this cause are becoming ever more fierce. There have been numerous articles (many by reliable sources) concerning this issue. I personally think if there is a trial, he will be convicted and fired. So, the questions I ask you guys are:

I'd give him about a B-

No.

Irrelevant.

haha fvck no.

No.
Tsar of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 9:23:52 PM
At 4/16/2014 9:00:31 PM, PatriotPerson wrote:
At 4/16/2014 8:58:35 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
Impeach him for what exactly?

Benghazi,
Maybe....I would like to hear the facts without the spin on this one.
Just because someone asked for more protection doesn't mean Obama 1) knew, or 2) should have automatically approved. Hindsight is always 20/20
This is akin to Bush having reports about Bin Laden on his desk days before 9/11.

The bigger issue is the handling of it, TBH.
If he directed others to lie about what happened, that is bad. As bad as Clinton lying under oath (was he under oath?) about his affair.

debt,
So, the president is on the hook for the budget he signs, but not the politicians who pass said budget?

gun rights
What exactly has he done?

etc.
The only other thing I can think of is the IRS scandal, which is hot air.
Why wouldn't the IRS target people who are more likely to abuse the tax-exempt status than others?
My work here is, finally, done.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 9:28:05 PM
You should take this: http://www.debate.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 10:07:39 PM
Are you aware that a president cannot be impeached for being a crappy president?

That takes out debt and gun rights (lol, gun control sin't even a violation of the second amendment)

and there isn't enough evidence of the Benghazi incident that could get Obama impeached.
Hematite12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 10:29:57 PM
At 4/16/2014 10:07:39 PM, Intrepid wrote:
Are you aware that a president cannot be impeached for being a crappy president?

That takes out debt and gun rights (lol, gun control sin't even a violation of the second amendment)

and there isn't enough evidence of the Benghazi incident that could get Obama impeached.

I agree.

Couldn't he be impeached for the NSA crap though? Since that does violate "no unreasonable search or seizure", I think.
Intrepid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:13:36 PM
At 4/16/2014 10:29:57 PM, Hematite12 wrote:

I agree.

Couldn't he be impeached for the NSA crap though? Since that does violate "no unreasonable search or seizure", I think.

Depends on whether Obama is at fault for that, whether or not there is enough proof that he is at fault for it to hold up in court, and what constitutes an "unreasonable search and seizure"
jzonda415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2014 11:45:54 PM

Yes and no. They aren't effective, but they are still important with this president.

Nope.

http://1.media.todaysbigthing.cvcdn.com...

Yes.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 1:27:33 PM
A total and complete waste of effort that is intended to fuel the racist hate against Obama. It's all too late as he's not going to be running for reelection.

Of course not! How could anybody in their right mind think he would be? It's got a lot to do with a lack of 'right minds'!

Flip a coin and if it doesn't come up right then do it again. Ignorant wankers!

Yes, if Obama is assassinated by a teabagger weirdo who goes off.

About as much as I think all you kids should be given an ice cream cone to stuff in your ignorant cakeholes to keep you quiet.
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 2:09:56 PM
At 4/16/2014 11:45:54 PM, jzonda415 wrote:

Yes.

Are you willing to debate this?
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 6:20:19 PM
My stance on this is a bit nuanced, I suppose. I'm very disappointed with Obama, and to be perfectly honest -- and I say this as a progressive myself -- he has done impeachable things: drone strikes killing civilians, NSA spying, taking action in Libya without a declaration of war, etc.

However, the right-wing, I don't think, will ever take up these causes, because they mostly agree with him on these issues. In fact, I think they may want to go even further on spying, on warfare, etc.

As for the reasons the OP cited: I don't think you would get anywhere with those, other than a primetime position on Fox News when you're older, perhaps. He hasn't done a single thing on "gun rights"; "Benghazi" isn't a scandal, and not to mention, the GOP was responsible for cutting embassy security, anyway; the annual federal deficit has fallen substantially, etc. If you wanted to impeach a president for debt, why didn't you call for Bush's impeachment for handing Obama such a large deficit? And Bush inherited a surplus, might I add.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:04:02 PM
At 4/17/2014 6:20:19 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
My stance on this is a bit nuanced, I suppose. I'm very disappointed with Obama, and to be perfectly honest -- and I say this as a progressive myself -- he has done impeachable things: drone strikes killing civilians, NSA spying, taking action in Libya without a declaration of war, etc.

However, the right-wing, I don't think, will ever take up these causes, because they mostly agree with him on these issues. In fact, I think they may want to go even further on spying, on warfare, etc.

As for the reasons the OP cited: I don't think you would get anywhere with those, other than a primetime position on Fox News when you're older, perhaps. He hasn't done a single thing on "gun rights"; "Benghazi" isn't a scandal, and not to mention, the GOP was responsible for cutting embassy security, anyway; the annual federal deficit has fallen substantially, etc. If you wanted to impeach a president for debt, why didn't you call for Bush's impeachment for handing Obama such a large deficit? And Bush inherited a surplus, might I add.

Nuanced? Here's some noooawce for you. Not only should Bush2 been impeached, he should have been perp walked to the Hague in chains, tried for murder of the Iraqi people, and then when found guilty hung by his heels from the nearest lamppost so the people of the world could stone him to death for his crimes against humanity.

However, that's the ugly truth that Americans must keep hidden in their subconscious minds because the truth is just too unacceptable to them.

And then they try to condemn Russia for providing the people of the Crimea a referendum so they could voice their free choice? Bloodless?

What's wrong with this picture America?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:06:44 PM

1. No.
2. No.
3. Even if he somehow was impeached, acquitted.
4. I'm already not a fan of the Obama administration, so probably not.
5. No.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:04:18 PM
At 4/18/2014 12:06:44 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

1. No.
2. No.
5. No.

If you don't approve of Biden taking over then you don't approve of the people's democratic choice. That's not surprising and it comes across as the agenda of teabaggery.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 12:24:53 PM

I agree.

It would be hilarious if that happened.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 6:40:17 PM
At 4/18/2014 1:04:18 PM, monty1 wrote:
At 4/18/2014 12:06:44 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

1. No.
2. No.
5. No.

If you don't approve of Biden taking over then you don't approve of the people's democratic choice. That's not surprising and it comes across as the agenda of teabaggery.

The "people's democratic choice" has been irrelevant for decades. It was irrelevant since the last 1970s when the Supreme Court deemed corporations people, and money speech, and recent cases affirmed and expanded this. It was irrelevant since GOP gerrymandering allowed them to maintain the U.S. House even though they got fewer votes. It was irrelevant when, even though over 90% of the American people supported gun background checks, about 80% want an increase in the minimum wage, a majority want not only healthcare reform, but a public option in addition the ACA, a majority want taxes, etc., it never actually happened.

The US doesn't have a democracy. There's even been recent research on this, that I think was posted on DDO in a poll (most productive poll ever, by the way): when very affluent people want a policy, it's implemented upwards of 40% of the time. When non-affluent people want it, it's implemented about 18% of the time.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2014 9:56:57 PM

I agree.

I don't think so, since the recordings and meta data aren't private to ourselves.
I cannot have an expectation of privacy if my communication is through a third party (i.e. email).

Now, strongarming the companies to give the data is not cool, but I am not sure if it is illegal.
My work here is, finally, done.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 9:57:59 AM

I agree.

Probably not, thanks to the Patriot Act.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 10:11:59 AM
Let's just get one thing straight. The congress gave the President wide ranging powers to combat terrorism. Anything regarding terrorism that Bush and Obama has done is untouchable.

There is 0% chance that Obama will be impeached. There is nothing that is known about that is outside the law because the Patriot Act is rather vague in certain areas which gives latitude.

Let see what we have done:

- countless drone attacks which have been denied, covered up, and killed civilians. We have proof that we as a country lie about our drone attacks all the time and rarely take responsibility.
- A drone strike against a US citizen oversees who has never been proven to be an actual combatant other than rhetoric and speech.
- After decade, we still hold people without any representation or trial or declaration that they are POW's.
- We collect phone and email data of all Americans with a promise that we only look at them if you are related to terrorism. Ironically as all the programs trickled out they lied every time by either denying there were other programs or lies of omission. Who knows what else will come out of Snoden's data.

If all this and more can't get one impeached than nothing other than sleeping with the intern will.

Let's face it. Those are speaking about impeachment hate all Democrats and always hated Obama and always were looking for fodder to cry impeachment. Unfortunately they really don't understand what impeachment is.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:52:39 AM
The best reason to impeach Obama is for the colour of his skin. If you can find an honest teabagger then just ask one. Their civil war wounds have been reopened.

Obama is the final big insult to the haters of the south!