Jump to topic:

Governemts Should Have Official Online Forums

pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 2:21:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think somehow all governments should have a forum in which all representatives are required to have an account, respond to at least one post a week, and all issues that wouldn't hurt national securities be discussed.
I also think any nation that sets up a forum like this should be interlinked so as to squash as many disputes as possible.

Any person in the world should have access to these forums and be able to post after creating an account. To create an account a person must register with a valid ID at a proper location. In America for example, a person could sign up at the BMV, post office, state accredited library, state college, etc.

Officials of the country would have obvious details that signify they are true representatives. Same as moderators and admins have obvious distinctions from normal members of a forum.

Just some thoughts.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 10:53:26 AM
I like this idea. Don't really see much of a negative to it, at the moment.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 11:22:30 AM
While I agree that all governments should have a means of open communications with the public, I don't think requiring one particular method is ideal. One reason being that it risks distorting the perceived political landscape. Online forums for one, are politically skewed towards younger people and generally more left libertarian. This can risk causing a "vocal minority" bias.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 11:53:09 AM
Teenagers with over active hormones? Or teenagers with dilusions of grandeur, thinking that real people give a fuk about what they are babbling on about?
SemperVI
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 1:25:53 PM
At 4/17/2014 2:21:06 AM, pozessed wrote:
I think somehow all governments should have a forum in which all representatives are required to have an account, respond to at least one post a week, and all issues that wouldn't hurt national securities be discussed.
I also think any nation that sets up a forum like this should be interlinked so as to squash as many disputes as possible.

Any person in the world should have access to these forums and be able to post after creating an account. To create an account a person must register with a valid ID at a proper location. In America for example, a person could sign up at the BMV, post office, state accredited library, state college, etc.

Officials of the country would have obvious details that signify they are true representatives. Same as moderators and admins have obvious distinctions from normal members of a forum.

Just some thoughts.

They have this - its called the internet