Jump to topic:

Let's apply liberal ideas to Debate.org

Actionsspeak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 8:29:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. (Economic) Take the ELO from the people who put in effort like Mikal and give to those who don't try, and if those who put in effort and debate well complain ban them.

2. (Politically Correct) Politically incorrect comments are now automatically punished with a ban.

3. (Comedy) All jokes about anyone on the left wing are now automatically punished with a perma-ban.

4. (Campaigns) Support anyone on the left-wing and attack anyone on the right, remember that speech Ale Gore gave after he finished inventing the internet?

5. (Support Left) You must call any non-minority in the right-wing racist atleast twice a day.

6. (Support Left) You must call any minority in the right-wing an uncle tom atleast twice a day.

7. (Support Left) You must call any male in the right-wing sexist twice a day.

8. (Support Left) Every day you follow five through seven, you get a 100 point ELO boost.

9. (Support Left) If you follow rules five through seven, seven days in a row you are excluded from rule one.

10. (Support Left) If you make an argument for the right-wing it must be a parody argument.

11. (Religious Freedom) From now on you get to choose between being an atheist agnostic or an aitheist gnostic.

12. (Abortion) If you make a second account it will be closed.

13. (Libertarianism) Whenever you debate a Right wing Libertarian, only use ad hominem and bring up market deregulation.

14. (Authoritarianism) Whenever you debate a right wing Authoritarian, only use ad hominem and reference the holocaust.

15. (Bush) Remember, when in doubt blame Bush.
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 9:42:58 AM
At 4/25/2014 8:29:34 AM, Actionsspeak wrote:
1. (Economic) Take the ELO from the people who put in effort like Mikal and give to those who don't try, and if those who put in effort and debate well complain ban them.

2. (Politically Correct) Politically incorrect comments are now automatically punished with a ban.

3. (Comedy) All jokes about anyone on the left wing are now automatically punished with a perma-ban.

4. (Campaigns) Support anyone on the left-wing and attack anyone on the right, remember that speech Ale Gore gave after he finished inventing the internet?

5. (Support Left) You must call any non-minority in the right-wing racist atleast twice a day.

6. (Support Left) You must call any minority in the right-wing an uncle tom atleast twice a day.

8. (Support Left) Every day you follow five through seven, you get a 100 point ELO boost.

9. (Support Left) If you follow rules five through seven, seven days in a row you are excluded from rule one.

10. (Support Left) If you make an argument for the right-wing it must be a parody argument.

11. (Religious Freedom) From now on you get to choose between being an atheist agnostic or an aitheist gnostic.

13. (Libertarianism) Whenever you debate a Right wing Libertarian, only use ad hominem and bring up market deregulation.

14. (Authoritarianism) Whenever you debate a right wing Authoritarian, only use ad hominem and reference the holocaust.

I like it. When can we start.
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 12:28:55 PM
Hannity jumped ship on the Cliven Bundy issue way too soon and he's ruined all the fun the racist pigs could have got out of it.

They could have sided with Bundy and said that he had a right to express his opinions, as we must note is one of their hot buttons in this OP. But alas, when Hannity weasels out first it takes the wind right out of the racist pigs' sails!
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 1:59:43 PM
Oh comon man. You're smarter than this. I expected this from jimtimmy3 or someone like that, but not from you. You know that this is all hyperbolic dribble.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 2:06:44 PM
At 4/25/2014 1:59:43 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Oh comon man. You're smarter than this. I expected this from jimtimmy3 or someone like that, but not from you. You know that this is all hyperbolic dribble.

He's libertarian. What did you expect?
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 2:08:06 PM

Libertarian is not liberal, which I tried to explain to you. The libertarian party is conservative, the polar opposite of liberal. Right wing = conservative. left wing = liberal
Actionsspeak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 2:58:08 PM

Yes..... Obviously this is a serious topic, way to follow show support for rule 3 though (if you really understand what the point of this was, which is rather obvious then ignore it or laugh it's pretty simple. If for whatever reason you're upset then make a topic like "Let's apply conservative ideas to Debate.org".
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 2:59:37 PM
At 4/25/2014 2:58:08 PM, Actionsspeak wrote:

Yes..... Obviously this is a serious topic, way to follow show support for rule 3 though (if you really understand what the point of this was, which is rather obvious then ignore it or laugh it's pretty simple. If for whatever reason you're upset then make a topic like "Let's apply conservative ideas to Debate.org".

Libertarian = Conservative -_-
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 3:02:22 PM

I'm not upset man. To be honest, I've been on a tirade against "bad threads" for the past few days, and seeing one like this set off my radar. I didn't know that you intended it as a joke.
Actionsspeak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 3:05:49 PM
At 4/25/2014 3:02:22 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

I'm not upset man. To be honest, I've been on a tirade against "bad threads" for the past few days, and seeing one like this set off my radar. I didn't know that you intended it as a joke.

My bad, I should have said this is a joke before I posted, I tried to throw in some strong humor in 4, 12, and 15. Although I see how that wouldn't be funny to everyone.
Actionsspeak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 3:09:03 PM
At 4/25/2014 2:59:37 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

When it applies to the economy, typically yes (Think taxes). When it applies to social issues typically libertarianism differs from conservativism. (Think Abortion, Gay Marriage, Internet Censorship, Marijuana)
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 3:13:09 PM
At 4/25/2014 3:09:03 PM, Actionsspeak wrote:

When it applies to the economy, typically yes (Think taxes). When it applies to social issues typically libertarianism differs from conservativism. (Think Abortion, Gay Marriage, Internet Censorship, Marijuana)

You do realize that the GOP and Democrats hate libertarians? Actually, Rand Paul gets bashed on by the republicans per daily basis.

http://www.quickmeme.com...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 4:13:23 PM

Bahaha. False.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 4:22:25 PM

Except ELO scores have nothing to do with a social safety net...

This is one that always kind of makes me laugh. Conservatives think that when liberals disagree with them, they're saying that conservatives can't think freely or have their own opinions. This, I assume, is because when conservatives disagree with liberals, they don't want liberals to be able to think the way that they do. But projection doesn't work in politics like that. The reality is that liberals are perfectly content to let conservatives have whatever views they like, but modern American liberals are also equally apt to use government to ensure that individual's bad decisions don't harm society as a whole.

lol. Liberals don't seek to silence conservatives. We do have the occasional laugh at the likes of Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Bobby Jindal, Niki Haley, Ted Cruz, Jan Brewer, Rick Santorum, and the like... but that doesn't mean that we're in the business of censorship. In fact, we want you guys to talk about constitutional fantasies like the idea that the first amendment's guarantee of religious freedom gives socially conservative people who call themselves Christians the right to discriminate against gays and lesbians, or how the second amendment precludes any regulation on guns at all. And, the reason is simple... the more you guys talk, the more people leave your party and come over to our side.

lol

There are a lot of racist Republicans. Ever been to Alabama? Ever heard of that rancher out in California who let his cows graze on federal property? Yep. Those people.

Yeah, we don't do that... but it defies reason why any non-white person would be a member of the GOP.

Most socially conservative men are sexists. This is just a fact.

That's just absurd...

Very strange.

Yeah, conservatives give us a lot of material to work with. But we're not always mocking them... unless their name is Sarah Palin or Rick Santorum.

There are MANY liberal Christians.

This one just defies reason.

That doesn't even make sense....

Nope.

There are a lot of people who didn't like Bush. I'm not one of them, but w/e.

---

But, returning to a more serious point, I'd challenge any conservative to take any liberal out to lunch and get to know someone from the other side. The liberal archetype that many conservatives have of liberals just isn't the case. Unfortunately, most Republicans since Nixon's Southern Strategy are uneducated poor white evangelicals... i.e. rednecks, but that's beside the point. The idea that many republicans have of democrats is really just absurd.
HPWKA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 6:03:27 PM
YYW is a liberal? I would not have called that.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 6:09:42 PM
At 4/25/2014 6:03:27 PM, HPWKA wrote:

Homosexual = Liberal

Proof = Huffington Post
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 6:11:17 PM
At 4/25/2014 6:09:42 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Homosexual = Liberal

Proof = Huffington Post

http://www.reactiongifs.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 7:29:14 PM

A hawkish liberal...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 7:29:35 PM
At 4/25/2014 6:09:42 PM, Jifpop09 wrote:

Homosexual = Liberal

Proof = Huffington Post

lol, that's clever
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2014 2:37:21 AM

I'm libertarian and I refer to myself as a conservative. I think most educated Libertarians would refer to libertarianism as "classic liberalism".