Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 9:28:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/4/2010 9:23:47 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Why do people hate the republicans?

People, as a whole don't. Individuals do, just as individuals hate pretty much anything.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2010 10:59:04 PM
Why do you care Progressive?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
banginonatrashcan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 4:22:05 AM
At 2/5/2010 4:11:29 AM, Volkov wrote:
Because Republicans generally make people work instead of letting them laze around on others money.

I agree
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 4:25:30 AM
At 2/5/2010 4:22:05 AM, banginonatrashcan wrote:
Because Republicans generally make people work instead of letting them laze around on others money.

I agree, because I actually have never read the policies or platforms or looked up the actual legislation passed by the GOP, because if I did, I'd note that they have not once bothered to actually pass things like welfare reduction or get-off-your-arse work programs, and are generally ideologically inept.

Oh ok.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 5:52:36 AM
At 2/5/2010 5:46:14 AM, comoncents wrote:
Because Republicans generally hate people.

Come on Vol!

Come on what? I've yet to see a GOP action on a policy that is actually designed to help the average citizen. At least with the Democrats you have follow through on policies that are designed to help people, even if that follow through tends to be slow, cumbersome, and reluctant.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 5:58:27 AM
At 2/5/2010 5:52:36 AM, Volkov wrote:

Come on Vol!

Come on what? I've yet to see a GOP action on a policy that is actually designed to help the average citizen. At least with the Democrats you have follow through on policies that are designed to help people, even if that follow through tends to be slow, cumbersome, and reluctant.

Bob McDonnell?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:01:57 AM
At 2/5/2010 5:58:27 AM, comoncents wrote:
Bob McDonnell?

McDonnell hasn't been in office for a month yet. Its a little hard to judge a man's follow through when he's yet to actually have a chance to do much.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:02:16 AM
Here's my twopennoth (3.2 cents) worth:

Being British, I won't comment on the Republicans from a personal point of view and I don't know why they are hated, but I do know why they are liked because most of my family live in the US and they all vote for the GOP as far as I know.

There is one primary reason: they believe that wealthy people pay less tax under Republican administrations and they all want to be even richer than they already are.

Unfortunately, my family have no sense of noblesse oblige and people less fortunate than they are can go to hell in a handcart as far as they are concerned, just so long as they can afford to buy ever more luxurious houses, yachts and cars!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:02:52 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:01:57 AM, Volkov wrote:
Bob McDonnell?

McDonnell hasn't been in office for a month yet. Its a little hard to judge a man's follow through when he's yet to actually have a chance to do much.

But has done a lot for a month.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:03:36 AM

Come on Vol!

Ron Paul?
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:04:37 AM

Come on Vol!

Gary Johnson?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:05:50 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:02:52 AM, comoncents wrote:

He hasn't been in office three weeks. And what has he done so far? Please, lets hear it.

And for the record, I don't relate the state parties with the federal GOP. This might be because I'm used to seeing parties deviate wildly from federal to regional levels, but different state chapters of the GOP, and the Democrats, from my reading tend to be different from the federal party.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:07:19 AM
Ron Paul has no power to do anything, and I somehow doubt he'll ever get such a power, so he doesn't count. We're talking administrations, not lone wolf congressmen.

Gary Johnson is just an a-hole.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:12:06 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:01:57 AM, Volkov wrote:
Bob McDonnell?

Things he had done as Attorney General.
Take Dangerous Drug Dealers off our Streets - With the help of Delegate Rob Bell and Sen. Ken Stolle, McDonnell created a new "mini-kingpin" statute that imposed a 5-year mandatory minimum sentence and a fine of up to $1 million on these mid-level drug dealers.

Defend Virginians against 21st Century Crimes like Identity Theft - McDonnell imposed heavier restrictions on identity fraud by expanding some penalties to felony cases. Concerning this issue, McDonnell has expressed, "Virginia has a reputation as a national leader in combating 21st Century crimes. We pledged to continue to improve our laws." [11]

Combat Gang Violence - McDonnell passed legislation adding to the list of crimes that make someone eligible for prosecution under Virginia's gang participation laws.McDonnell has stated that keeping children out of gangs is a priority: "In south side Richmond communities our innovative GRIP program is keeping young people gang-free by giving them positive opportunities, and has led to a significant decline in the crime rate in Richmond." [11]

Strengthen Virginians' Property Rights - Combined with the efforts of many delegates and state senators, McDonnell strict enacted legislation that called for limitations regarding any taking of private property, and forbids the taking of private land when the primary purpose is private financial gain, private benefit, an increase in tax base or revenues, or an increase in employment.[12]

Governor

Transportation
McDonnell's campaign also addressed transportation, a major issue in heavily congested areas of Virginia. His plan includes issuing $3 billion in transportation bonds that had been approved by the Virginia General Assembly in 2007; modernizing the Virginia Department of Transportation; and encouraging public-private partnerships to improve infrastructure.[31] He wants to widen I-66, improve I-95, and finish Metro to Dulles.

Energy
McDonnell wishes to make Virginia the Energy Capital of the East Coast.[32]. He supports drilling for oil off of the coast of Virginia while simultaneously developing new technologies for wind, solar, biomass, and other renewable energy resources.[33] Opponents of McDonnell's drilling proposal say that drilling for oil would risk Southern tourism, rare wildlife, and fisheries for what the U.S. Department of the Interior's Minerals Management Service estimates would be only enough oil for six months, and require seven to ten years to bring online.[34] He intends to expand investments in renewable energy sources and incentivize green job creation.[32]

Abortion
McDonnell is pro-life. As a state legislator, he introduced legislation that would have banned late-term abortions, as well as other legislation requiring parental consent before a minor has an abortion and informed consent for all women.[35] He opposes government funding for elective abortions.

He is trying to pass leg. to allow small businesses to sell alcohol. We have ABC stores right now, he is going to allow it to be sold everywhere.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:13:14 AM
some hate republicans others hate libs..!!
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:13:25 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:05:50 AM, Volkov wrote:

He hasn't been in office three weeks. And what has he done so far? Please, lets hear it.

And for the record, I don't relate the state parties with the federal GOP. This might be because I'm used to seeing parties deviate wildly from federal to regional levels, but different state chapters of the GOP, and the Democrats, from my reading tend to be different from the federal party.

I could understand that.

But he hit the ground running.
He also put a cap on the energy comp. hiking up the prices.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:13:54 AM
At 2/5/2010 4:22:05 AM, banginonatrashcan wrote:
At 2/5/2010 4:11:29 AM, Volkov (bangingonatrashcan) wrote:

I think most people hate Republicans for their hypocrisy in social policy. They think the government has no incentive to help people economically or regulate corporations, yet apparently they have an incentive to socially police people. Also, the idea that people are poor because they are lazy has been proven so wrong and outdated over and over again. I can't believe you're in college and believe that limited and ridiculous theory lol read a book on the matter...
President of DDO
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:14:21 AM
Comon... those are campaign promises and his history as AG, not governor. There is a big difference from promising something and actually doing it.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:15:12 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:07:19 AM, Volkov wrote:

Gary Johnson is just an a-hole.

Why?

Who do you think "hate people"

(I am sure that you really do not believe that all rep. hate people)
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:17:39 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:14:21 AM, Volkov wrote:
Comon... those are campaign promises and his history as AG, not governor. There is a big difference from promising something and actually doing it.

They are promises that he has been fulfilling.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:18:49 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:15:12 AM, comoncents wrote:
Why?

Liberal bias.

Who do you think "hate people"

Dick Cheney. He hates people, without a doubt. And when I say "hate people," I don't literally mean "he hates people." I mean, "this person has no drive to either help their constituents or those that elected them to office, minus those that helped them out monetarily."

With that in mind, the list gets endless. You could probably start listing off most Senate and Congressional members.

(I am sure that you really do not believe that all rep. hate people)

Of course not. I might not like my Member of Parliament, but I'm far from thinking he hates people.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:19:24 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:17:39 AM, comoncents wrote:
They are promises that he has been fulfilling.

Show me proof that he has, within this short a time span.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:24:53 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:12:06 AM, comoncents wrote:

Things he had done as Attorney General.
Take Dangerous Drug Dealers off our Streets - With the help of Delegate Rob Bell and Sen. Ken Stolle, McDonnell created a new "mini-kingpin" statute that imposed a 5-year mandatory minimum sentence and a fine of up to $1 million on these mid-level drug dealers.

Terrible, terrible policy. I'd debate anyone on whether or not this was good haha who's up for it?

Defend Virginians against 21st Century Crimes like Identity Theft - McDonnell imposed heavier restrictions on identity fraud by expanding some penalties to felony cases. Concerning this issue, McDonnell has expressed, "Virginia has a reputation as a national leader in combating 21st Century crimes. We pledged to continue to improve our laws." [11]

Just as with the drug thing, McDonnell hasn't actually DONE anything except increase penalties. He's working off of the assumption that increasing penalties always acts as a deterrent, which most definitely isn't the case.

Combat Gang Violence - McDonnell passed legislation adding to the list of crimes that make someone eligible for prosecution under Virginia's gang participation laws.McDonnell has stated that keeping children out of gangs is a priority: "In south side Richmond communities our innovative GRIP program is keeping young people gang-free by giving them positive opportunities, and has led to a significant decline in the crime rate in Richmond." [11]

Once again, he's just increasing penalties! LOL all he's doing it making it easier to arrest and punish people for minor offenses.

Strengthen Virginians' Property Rights - Combined with the efforts of many delegates and state senators, McDonnell strict enacted legislation that called for limitations regarding any taking of private property, and forbids the taking of private land when the primary purpose is private financial gain, private benefit, an increase in tax base or revenues, or an increase in employment.[12]

I don't really understand this bc I don't know who's supposedly trying to do the taking. Explain?

Governor

Transportation
McDonnell's campaign also addressed transportation, a major issue in heavily congested areas of Virginia. His plan includes issuing $3 billion in transportation bonds that had been approved by the Virginia General Assembly in 2007; modernizing the Virginia Department of Transportation; and encouraging public-private partnerships to improve infrastructure.[31] He wants to widen I-66, improve I-95, and finish Metro to Dulles.

... Okay ...

Energy
McDonnell wishes to make Virginia the Energy Capital of the East Coast.[32]. He supports drilling for oil off of the coast of Virginia while simultaneously developing new technologies for wind, solar, biomass, and other renewable energy resources.[33]

Every politician says the same exact thing. This is nothing new.

Opponents of McDonnell's drilling proposal say that drilling for oil would risk Southern tourism, rare wildlife, and fisheries for what the U.S. Department of the Interior's Minerals Management Service estimates would be only enough oil for six months, and require seven to ten years to bring online.[34]

Lol so he wants to go ahead with the drilling anyway?

Abortion
McDonnell is pro-life. As a state legislator, he introduced legislation that would have banned late-term abortions, as well as other legislation requiring parental consent before a minor has an abortion and informed consent for all women.[35] He opposes government funding for elective abortions.

I'm against government funded abortions, but I think the other stuff is BS.

He is trying to pass leg. to allow small businesses to sell alcohol. We have ABC stores right now, he is going to allow it to be sold everywhere.

That's the one thing I agree with him on here, I guess...
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:26:53 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:18:49 AM, Volkov wrote:
"this person has no drive to either help their constituents or those that elected them to office, minus those that helped them out monetarily."

But you surly do not think that every GOP falls in this definition, right?

EVERYONE?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2010 6:28:25 AM
At 2/5/2010 6:24:53 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Opponents of McDonnell's drilling proposal say that drilling for oil would risk Southern tourism, rare wildlife, and fisheries for what the U.S. Department of the Interior's Minerals Management Service estimates would be only enough oil for six months, and require seven to ten years to bring online.[34]

Lol so he wants to go ahead with the drilling anyway?

Yeah, I saw that too. I didn't know this before, and I intend to do some research on it. If this is true, then my quasi-support for Bob McDonnell has just dried up. I liked him for his energy and environment plans. :(