Jump to topic:

What if the US had Not Entered WW2?

jimtimmy3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2014 10:32:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I happen to think the US entering WW2 was a mistake. A mistake that, by the way, led to one of the greatest expansions of statism in history.

I am curious, however, to hear what people think would have happened had we not entered the war.

I would say, among other things:

1.) Allies still probably would've won (albeit less easily)

2.) No bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

3.) No internment camps domestically

4.) The US would have been in much better shape economically because there would have been less role in post war rebuilding and less productive resources would have gone to war goods

5.) Less sovereignty would have been given up by US to multinationals

6.) Less deaths of US soldiers

Overall. I think wed be better off not having entered that war.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 12:26:45 AM
At 4/29/2014 10:32:53 PM, jimtimmy3 wrote:
I happen to think the US entering WW2 was a mistake. A mistake that, by the way, led to one of the greatest expansions of statism in history.

I am curious, however, to hear what people think would have happened had we not entered the war.

The western front invasion would of been impossible. The allies were strained for men and resources. The Nazis would of easily consolidated control over west Europe in the estimated 6 years the war would of raged on without the US

We can probably say no nuclear bomb as well. At least for a while

The internment camps were not that bad in all honesty. They had no curfews, few rules, and even military activity directors. Honestly, I think they were necessary, but not constitutional in the slightest.

4.) The US would have been in much better shape economically because there would have been less role in post war rebuilding and less productive resources would have gone to war goods

This is a luagh. The US economy actually growed during WW2. We had a massive boom in industry and arms trading, which raised the econ0omy to a substantial level, making us the super power that we are today.

More civilian deaths as well. More people gassed. More Asians massacred. More war crimes committed. More terror and the fall of globalization.

Without WW2, we would still be subjected to massive colonial empires, less globlal cooperation, less power economically, and a whole lot more pain.
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 9:50:44 AM
Actually, even from an anarchist perspective such as yours; jim, the US entering WWII helped preserve more freedom and caused less statism. If the soviets would have stormed the western front instead of the US, Western Europe would have likely been under Soviet influence instead of American influence. Most of the UK's military was in shambles and the UK would have easily lost to the Soviet Union and Europe would have fell to Soviet Influence.

US was less statist than the soviet union

Therefore the US entering WWII was better than if they had not, because the soviet union was more statist than the USA.
jimtimmy3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:45:42 AM
At 4/30/2014 9:50:44 AM, Objectivity wrote:
Actually, even from an anarchist perspective such as yours; jim, the US entering WWII helped preserve more freedom and caused less statism. If the soviets would have stormed the western front instead of the US, Western Europe would have likely been under Soviet influence instead of American influence. Most of the UK's military was in shambles and the UK would have easily lost to the Soviet Union and Europe would have fell to Soviet Influence.

US was less statist than the soviet union

Therefore the US entering WWII was better than if they had not, because the soviet union was more statist than the USA.

But, another question is whether the war was even necessary. The Nazis were hardly as militarily equipped as popularly believed at the time
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 11:08:19 AM

Don't even try to go there. The US benefitted with a economic bonanza, mostly at the cost of the lives of their allies' soldiers. And the cost to the US was only a few million soldiers who have always been considered meat for the grinder by the controlling class. It was only a choice of whether the US would get it right on what side to take and after a lot of footdragging it finally got it right. Not to say there were a lot of tense moments while it danced the dance with the Nazis.
el_em_en_oh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 1:51:34 PM
At 4/30/2014 11:08:19 AM, monty1 wrote:

Don't even try to go there. The US benefitted with a economic bonanza, mostly at the cost of the lives of their allies' soldiers. And the cost to the US was only a few million soldiers who have always been considered meat for the grinder by the controlling class. It was only a choice of whether the US would get it right on what side to take and after a lot of footdragging it finally got it right. Not to say there were a lot of tense moments while it danced the dance with the Nazis.

"...the cost to the US was only a few million soldiers who have always been considered meat for the grinder by the controlling class..."

You sicken me.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:16:41 PM
At 4/30/2014 1:51:34 PM, el_em_en_oh wrote:

"...the cost to the US was only a few million soldiers who have always been considered meat for the grinder by the controlling class..."

You sicken me.

It was actually only 400,000. Ands his comments are stupid. Our whole army was deployed during WW2. The only reason the wstern front, or the liberation of Asia became possible, is due to the US. We all know how pathetic the Canadian offensive was. Marked in failure
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 2:24:25 PM

Not necessarily, and if they did it would've been Stalinist Russia dictating the terms of the peace. Do you want a red Europe? Especially after such a devastating war when they needed Capitalism the most?

No, just different atrocities. I'm not sure about the morality of those particular bombings, but had the U.S. remained completely neutral (that also means no oil embargo on Japan) they could've continued their reign of terror in China.

True.

That's simply not true. The war spending was arguably what jolted the US out of the depression and even if it didn't, the post war rebuilding of Europe certainly did. Ending the war quickly = allowing us to pick up the pieces and move on more quickly.

The UN is a joke. It's threat to US sovereignty is literally 0.

Yes. Many, many more deaths of people of other nationalities.

I'd probably debate you on that.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
monty1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 8:06:32 PM
At 4/30/2014 1:51:34 PM, el_em_en_oh wrote:

You sicken me.

Yes, when you hear me tell the truth I sicken you. But only stupid people would go as far as admitting that I have that much of an effect on them. And why would that be the case with you?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 8:25:04 PM
What if the US had Not Entered WW2? You would have written this in German.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 9:39:34 PM
At 4/30/2014 12:26:45 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

This is a luagh. The US economy actually growed during WW2. We had a massive boom in industry and arms trading, which raised the econ0omy to a substantial level, making us the super power that we are today.

That's a widespread myth.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Jifpop09
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 10:47:22 PM
At 4/30/2014 9:39:34 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 4/30/2014 12:26:45 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:

That's a widespread myth.

Why did you intentionally edit my spelling to include errors?