Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Liberalism is often Right-Wing

Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 9:31:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Seriously? Nobody knows why? All right then, I think I'll explain.

Ever since the early 20th century or sometime like that, immigrants to the United States have been required to go through a registration and examination process before being admitted as citizens. Yet many Liberals want one group of people, Central Americans crossing the US-Mexican border through illegal means, to have a free ride, in a sense. This is favoring one group above others. It is not equality.

Under Liberalism, Black pride is encouraged. Mexican pride is encouraged. Asian pride is encouraged. Muslim pride is encouraged. Yet white pride is racist. People may say that whites only do this to "spite minorities," but does that mean being able to do what others can do is spiteful?

In our culture you don't make Islamophobic remarks. You don't make anti-Semitic remarks (though for some reason it's considered okay if you're denouncing Israel). Yet Christianity safe fun of all the time, on movies and television.

Basically they don't just want equality for the minorities; they want to punish the current majority for past wrongs. Sounds pretty Right-Wing to me...
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 11:28:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Then, you don't mean liberalism (since liberalism is an ideology that is antithetical to the "right-wing", at least with how we use it nowadays in the U.S.).

You mean self-proclaimed "liberals".

In which case, you aren't criticizing any ideology, just a potential inconsistency in the practitioners.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 11:44:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 9:31:02 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Ever since the early 20th century or sometime like that, immigrants to the United States have been required to go through a registration and examination process before being admitted as citizens. Yet many Liberals want one group of people, Central Americans crossing the US-Mexican border through illegal means, to have a free ride, in a sense. This is favoring one group above others. It is not equality.

If we had a fvcking TARDIS we'd go back and fix Ellis Island. Do you have one? If no, then I suggest that you abandon that argument.

Under Liberalism, Black pride is encouraged. Mexican pride is encouraged. Asian pride is encouraged. Muslim pride is encouraged. Yet white pride is racist. People may say that whites only do this to "spite minorities," but does that mean being able to do what others can do is spiteful?

Power. Differentials.

It's also worth noting that "Asian pride" is not per se encouraged, what is encouraged is recognizing the accomplishments of one's own ethnic group. For a lot of people, this is basically to help recognize and affirm that their ethnic group has a list of history and accomplishments as long as any other. "Asian" is not an ethnic group ("black" is only if "black" means African-American).

White people such as myself are already quite aware that white people have done stuff. We are also quite aware that the people who do use the phrase "white pride" (which, again, makes no sense as "white" is not an ethnic group, Russian and Italian immigrant cultures are very different, and each are very different from Anglo-American culture) are usually using it as a dog-whistle word.

In our culture you don't make Islamophobic remarks. You don't make anti-Semitic remarks (though for some reason it's considered okay if you're denouncing Israel). Yet Christianity safe fun of all the time, on movies and television.

1. There is a difference between "making fun of a religion" and "anti-[insert religion here]." Making fun of Judaism, for instance, is done all the time, especially by Jews, because it's freaking hilarious to spin long stories about how we're lizard people taking over the bagel industry.
2. Christianity has traditionally been in a position of power. Thus, jokes about it will have less sting.
3. Denouncing Israel with anti-Semitism is frowned upon. Denouncing Israel itself is not.

Basically they don't just want equality for the minorities; they want to punish the current majority for past wrongs. Sounds pretty Right-Wing to me...

We don't want to "punish" everyone. However, only someone unaware of the current economic, political, and social realities would say that prejudice and its lingering effects have magically vanished. They haven't--there's a reason that minorities are more likely to be poor, and it isn't "their own fault." Moreover, scientific studies prove that unconscious prejudice still affects hiring and pay.

Actually getting rid of racism will take more work than passing a law to ban the most obvious forms.
Hematite12
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 11:49:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
With that point clarified, I'll address.

At 5/6/2014 9:31:02 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Seriously? Nobody knows why? All right then, I think I'll explain.

Ever since the early 20th century or sometime like that, immigrants to the United States have been required to go through a registration and examination process before being admitted as citizens. Yet many Liberals want one group of people, Central Americans crossing the US-Mexican border through illegal means, to have a free ride, in a sense. This is favoring one group above others. It is not equality.


Giving a path to citizenship is not the same as giving a free ride.

Under Liberalism, Black pride is encouraged. Mexican pride is encouraged. Asian pride is encouraged. Muslim pride is encouraged. Yet white pride is racist. People may say that whites only do this to "spite minorities," but does that mean being able to do what others can do is spiteful?


*sigh*

Whites aren't a minority, and racism against whites is nonexistent. The whole point of "black pride", say, is to counterbalance our ethnocentric culture and education with appreciation for what minorities have done.

Acting like whites are the ones being attacked is absolute BS.

In our culture you don't make Islamophobic remarks. You don't make anti-Semitic remarks (though for some reason it's considered okay if you're denouncing Israel). Yet Christianity safe fun of all the time, on movies and television.


No, actually tons of people make Islamophobic remarks. The amount of misunderstanding in our culture about Islam in general is disgusting.

Where are you getting this ridiculous idea that you "don't" make Islamophobic or anti-Semitic remarks in our society? People make such remarks all the time without consequence.

People who make such remarks get chastised by the half of the country that is sane, and this is a good thing. The other half sees no issue with such remarks.

Just look up some videos of disgusting remarks by Fox news hosts. There's a video I saw where one host honestly recommended that we capture all Muslims and force them to convert to Christianity. If they don't comply, we kill them.

That's the kind of bull**** that is self-reinforced by backwards whites in this country. If you honestly think that groups like Muslims get FAVORED, you are an idiot, simply.

Basically they don't just want equality for the minorities; they want to punish the current majority for past wrongs. Sounds pretty Right-Wing to me...

So, you aren't left-wing then. And if you have a problem with them being right-wing in some respect (or at least you think), then you also aren't right wing.

So.... what are you? A libertarian? I thought libertarians were generally in favor of easy immigration (I could be wrong).
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 4:03:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 11:49:07 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
With that point clarified, I'll address.

At 5/6/2014 9:31:02 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Seriously? Nobody knows why? All right then, I think I'll explain.

Ever since the early 20th century or sometime like that, immigrants to the United States have been required to go through a registration and examination process before being admitted as citizens. Yet many Liberals want one group of people, Central Americans crossing the US-Mexican border through illegal means, to have a free ride, in a sense. This is favoring one group above others. It is not equality.


Giving a path to citizenship is not the same as giving a free ride.

It is when you come over illegally first and then receive your citizenship.

Under Liberalism, Black pride is encouraged. Mexican pride is encouraged. Asian pride is encouraged. Muslim pride is encouraged. Yet white pride is racist. People may say that whites only do this to "spite minorities," but does that mean being able to do what others can do is spiteful?


*sigh*

Whites aren't a minority, and racism against whites is nonexistent. The whole point of "black pride", say, is to counterbalance our ethnocentric culture and education with appreciation for what minorities have done.

So you're denying the existence of Black racism? You don't have to be the majority to be a racist.

Acting like whites are the ones being attacked is absolute BS.

Is it, now? If Donald Sterling were black and he were caught on tape insulting White people, he would've been ignored most likely. Or at least the media coverage of the incident would be much, much less.

In our culture you don't make Islamophobic remarks. You don't make anti-Semitic remarks (though for some reason it's considered okay if you're denouncing Israel). Yet Christianity safe fun of all the time, on movies and television.


No, actually tons of people make Islamophobic remarks. The amount of misunderstanding in our culture about Islam in general is disgusting.

Yes, they are misunderstood; however, it shouldn't be all that surprising considering events like 9/11 and the Boston Marathon Bombing.

Where are you getting this ridiculous idea that you "don't" make Islamophobic or anti-Semitic remarks in our society? People make such remarks all the time without consequence.
People who make such remarks get chastised by the half of the country that is sane, and this is a good thing. The other half sees no issue with such remarks.
Just look up some videos of disgusting remarks by Fox news hosts. There's a video I saw where one host honestly recommended that we capture all Muslims and force them to convert to Christianity. If they don't comply, we kill them.
That's the kind of bull**** that is self-reinforced by backwards whites in this country. If you honestly think that groups like Muslims get FAVORED, you are an idiot, simply.

My my; resorting to name calling now, are we? Yes, Islamophobic comments are made by people, perhaps even by a few people in authority. The difference is that Hollywood does not make a habit of creating movies, TV Shows, and documentaries which insult Islam. What's the Muslim equivalent to the "Jesus Camp" film? As I recall, the last guy to make an anti-Muslim video was arrested. On miscellaneous charges, of course (anything to silence the "Islamophobe"). The difference is that non-Fox media outlets attack Christian fundamentalism while making no such attack on Islam. One News Organization does not make the rule; it is the exception.
And I can assure you that my education is just as good as that of the average Liberal.

Basically they don't just want equality for the minorities; they want to punish the current majority for past wrongs. Sounds pretty Right-Wing to me...

So, you aren't left-wing then. And if you have a problem with them being right-wing in some respect (or at least you think), then you also aren't right wing.

I prefer to consider myself and many other Conservatives to be moderate, though most people would disagree.

So.... what are you? A libertarian? I thought libertarians were generally in favor of easy immigration (I could be wrong).

I am also a Moderate when it comes to going up and down on the Spectrum. I think we've gone too much Up and we need to go back Down. That is, if we consider Authoritarianism to be Up and Libertarianism to be Down.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2014 6:46:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 9:31:02 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Seriously? Nobody knows why? All right then, I think I'll explain.

Ever since the early 20th century or sometime like that, immigrants to the United States have been required to go through a registration and examination process before being admitted as citizens. Yet many Liberals want one group of people, Central Americans crossing the US-Mexican border through illegal means, to have a free ride, in a sense. This is favoring one group above others. It is not equality.

Under Liberalism, Black pride is encouraged. Mexican pride is encouraged. Asian pride is encouraged. Muslim pride is encouraged. Yet white pride is racist. People may say that whites only do this to "spite minorities," but does that mean being able to do what others can do is spiteful?

In our culture you don't make Islamophobic remarks. You don't make anti-Semitic remarks (though for some reason it's considered okay if you're denouncing Israel). Yet Christianity safe fun of all the time, on movies and television.

Basically they don't just want equality for the minorities; they want to punish the current majority for past wrongs. Sounds pretty Right-Wing to me...

Modern liberalism isn't a philosophy; it's a political movement. As such, it shouldn't come as a surprise that it is incoherent.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Adam2
Posts: 1,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2014 5:25:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 9:31:02 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Seriously? Nobody knows why? All right then, I think I'll explain.

Ever since the early 20th century or sometime like that, immigrants to the United States have been required to go through a registration and examination process before being admitted as citizens. Yet many Liberals want one group of people, Central Americans crossing the US-Mexican border through illegal means, to have a free ride, in a sense. This is favoring one group above others. It is not equality.

Under Liberalism, Black pride is encouraged. Mexican pride is encouraged. Asian pride is encouraged. Muslim pride is encouraged. Yet white pride is racist. People may say that whites only do this to "spite minorities," but does that mean being able to do what others can do is spiteful?

In our culture you don't make Islamophobic remarks. You don't make anti-Semitic remarks (though for some reason it's considered okay if you're denouncing Israel). Yet Christianity safe fun of all the time, on movies and television.

Basically they don't just want equality for the minorities; they want to punish the current majority for past wrongs. Sounds pretty Right-Wing to me...

Actually you are allowed to make anti-Semitic remarks in this liberal day and age.
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 11:01:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/6/2014 8:02:29 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Let's see if anybody can guess why; if nobody gets why then I'll explain.

What type of liberalism are you talking about. Economic or religious.

The term liberalism does have different meanings in different regions of the world.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 3:20:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/7/2014 4:03:08 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 5/6/2014 11:49:07 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
With that point clarified, I'll address.

At 5/6/2014 9:31:02 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Seriously? Nobody knows why? All right then, I think I'll explain.

Ever since the early 20th century or sometime like that, immigrants to the United States have been required to go through a registration and examination process before being admitted as citizens. Yet many Liberals want one group of people, Central Americans crossing the US-Mexican border through illegal means, to have a free ride, in a sense. This is favoring one group above others. It is not equality.

Giving a path to citizenship is not the same as giving a free ride.

It is when you come over illegally first and then receive your citizenship.

And if they have to go through the same processes, then what is the difference?

Under Liberalism, Black pride is encouraged. Mexican pride is encouraged. Asian pride is encouraged. Muslim pride is encouraged. Yet white pride is racist. People may say that whites only do this to "spite minorities," but does that mean being able to do what others can do is spiteful?

*sigh*

Whites aren't a minority, and racism against whites is nonexistent. The whole point of "black pride", say, is to counterbalance our ethnocentric culture and education with appreciation for what minorities have done.

So you're denying the existence of Black racism? You don't have to be the majority to be a racist.

Acting like whites are the ones being attacked is absolute BS.

Is it, now? If Donald Sterling were black and he were caught on tape insulting White people, he would've been ignored most likely. Or at least the media coverage of the incident would be much, much less.

Usually, when a group is pushed hard enough, they tend to despise those who oppress them. You can expect what goes around to come around.

In our culture you don't make Islamophobic remarks. You don't make anti-Semitic remarks (though for some reason it's considered okay if you're denouncing Israel). Yet Christianity safe fun of all the time, on movies and television.


No, actually tons of people make Islamophobic remarks. The amount of misunderstanding in our culture about Islam in general is disgusting.

Yes, they are misunderstood; however, it shouldn't be all that surprising considering events like 9/11 and the Boston Marathon Bombing.

And, of course, the stereotyping -- because if some Muslims commit terrorist acts, they all do. Since I see some Christians bombing abortion clinics, can I assume that all Christians do this or desire to do this?

Where are you getting this ridiculous idea that you "don't" make Islamophobic or anti-Semitic remarks in our society? People make such remarks all the time without consequence.
People who make such remarks get chastised by the half of the country that is sane, and this is a good thing. The other half sees no issue with such remarks.
Just look up some videos of disgusting remarks by Fox news hosts. There's a video I saw where one host honestly recommended that we capture all Muslims and force them to convert to Christianity. If they don't comply, we kill them.
That's the kind of bull**** that is self-reinforced by backwards whites in this country. If you honestly think that groups like Muslims get FAVORED, you are an idiot, simply.

My my; resorting to name calling now, are we? Yes, Islamophobic comments are made by people, perhaps even by a few people in authority. The difference is that Hollywood does not make a habit of creating movies, TV Shows, and documentaries which insult Islam. What's the Muslim equivalent to the "Jesus Camp" film? As I recall, the last guy to make an anti-Muslim video was arrested. On miscellaneous charges, of course (anything to silence the "Islamophobe").

I think we can both agree that that film was an abomination for reasons beyond simple islamophobia.

The difference is that non-Fox media outlets attack Christian fundamentalism while making no such attack on Islam. One News Organization does not make the rule; it is the exception.

Probably because these news networks are national news networks, meaning they are concerned with national news more so than world news (unless it is something rather big). There is a reason why people say Americans live in a bubble. If you look at any worldwide news outlet, though, you'll still see stories about things like Saudi Arabia being absolutely stupid in ways that make you check to make sure you aren't reading The Onion:
http://www.independent.co.uk...
And you'll also see some slightly more depressing stories about them:
http://www.dailyzone.com...

However, when focusing on national news, Christianity is the dominant religion, and the US has a fairly poor track record on separation of church and state. The criticism of Christian fundamentalism is a byproduct of the resistance against efforts to strengthen separation of church and state. If a group of Muslims took a case to the Supreme Court demanding that we burn at the stake all who would dare criticize Islam, they would get laughed out of the courtroom and people would likely not care, since Muslims are such a small minority that any demands they make can be considered completely unbacked.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 3:47:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I mean, philosophical liberalism (e.g. Robert Nozick) is very much what we'd consider "right-wing." Political liberalism (e.g. Michael Sandel) is very much what we'd consider "left-wing."
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2014 9:06:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/10/2014 3:20:27 PM, drhead wrote:
At 5/7/2014 4:03:08 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 5/6/2014 11:49:07 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
With that point clarified, I'll address.

At 5/6/2014 9:31:02 PM, Crescendo wrote:
Seriously? Nobody knows why? All right then, I think I'll explain.

Ever since the early 20th century or sometime like that, immigrants to the United States have been required to go through a registration and examination process before being admitted as citizens. Yet many Liberals want one group of people, Central Americans crossing the US-Mexican border through illegal means, to have a free ride, in a sense. This is favoring one group above others. It is not equality.

Giving a path to citizenship is not the same as giving a free ride.

It is when you come over illegally first and then receive your citizenship.

And if they have to go through the same processes, then what is the difference?

How could you pay taxes if you're not a registered citizen? Why would you? And no, I'm not referring to you in particular. Here I'm using "you" as a general term to refer to illegal immigrants.

Under Liberalism, Black pride is encouraged. Mexican pride is encouraged. Asian pride is encouraged. Muslim pride is encouraged. Yet white pride is racist. People may say that whites only do this to "spite minorities," but does that mean being able to do what others can do is spiteful?

*sigh*

Whites aren't a minority, and racism against whites is nonexistent. The whole point of "black pride", say, is to counterbalance our ethnocentric culture and education with appreciation for what minorities have done.

So you're denying the existence of Black racism? You don't have to be the majority to be a racist.

Acting like whites are the ones being attacked is absolute BS.

Is it, now? If Donald Sterling were black and he were caught on tape insulting White people, he would've been ignored most likely. Or at least the media coverage of the incident would be much, much less.

Usually, when a group is pushed hard enough, they tend to despise those who oppress them. You can expect what goes around to come around.

Huh? Are you saying that White people everywhere somehow deserve to be insulted because of things that happened in the past?

In our culture you don't make Islamophobic remarks. You don't make anti-Semitic remarks (though for some reason it's considered okay if you're denouncing Israel). Yet Christianity is made fun of all the time, on movies and television.

fixed

No, actually tons of people make Islamophobic remarks. The amount of misunderstanding in our culture about Islam in general is disgusting.

Yes, they are misunderstood; however, it shouldn't be all that surprising considering events like 9/11 and the Boston Marathon Bombing.

And, of course, the stereotyping -- because if some Muslims commit terrorist acts, they all do. Since I see some Christians bombing abortion clinics, can I assume that all Christians do this or desire to do this?

Christians bombing abortion clinics isn't something that happens often; perhaps it happens once every two years or so? Meanwhile, every other week you hear about a Muslim terror attack somewhere in the world, such as the recent Boko Haram kidnapping.

Where are you getting this ridiculous idea that you "don't" make Islamophobic or anti-Semitic remarks in our society? People make such remarks all the time without consequence.
People who make such remarks get chastised by the half of the country that is sane, and this is a good thing. The other half sees no issue with such remarks.
Just look up some videos of disgusting remarks by Fox news hosts. There's a video I saw where one host honestly recommended that we capture all Muslims and force them to convert to Christianity. If they don't comply, we kill them.
That's the kind of bull**** that is self-reinforced by backwards whites in this country. If you honestly think that groups like Muslims get FAVORED, you are an idiot, simply.

My my; resorting to name calling now, are we? Yes, Islamophobic comments are made by people, perhaps even by a few people in authority. The difference is that Hollywood does not make a habit of creating movies, TV Shows, and documentaries which insult Islam. What's the Muslim equivalent to the "Jesus Camp" film? As I recall, the last guy to make an anti-Muslim video was arrested. On miscellaneous charges, of course (anything to silence the "Islamophobe").

I think we can both agree that that film was an abomination for reasons beyond simple islamophobia.

Is the filth constantly spewed out by Hollywood and the Media which attacks Christianity also an "abomination?" And we're both talking about that video "Innocence of Muslims," right?

The difference is that non-Fox media outlets attack Christian fundamentalism while making no such attack on Islam. One News Organization does not make the rule; it is the exception.

Probably because these news networks are national news networks, meaning they are concerned with national news more so than world news (unless it is something rather big). There is a reason why people say Americans live in a bubble. If you look at any worldwide news outlet, though, you'll still see stories about things like Saudi Arabia being absolutely stupid in ways that make you check to make sure you aren't reading The Onion:
http://www.independent.co.uk...
And you'll also see some slightly more depressing stories about them:
http://www.dailyzone.com...

I don't get what your point is here.

However, when focusing on national news, Christianity is the dominant religion, and the US has a fairly poor track record on separation of church and state. The criticism of Christian fundamentalism is a byproduct of the resistance against efforts to strengthen separation of church and state. If a group of Muslims took a case to the Supreme Court demanding that we burn at the stake all who would dare criticize Islam, they would get laughed out of the courtroom and people would likely not care, since Muslims are such a small minority that any demands they make can be considered completely unbacked.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 2:04:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/10/2014 9:06:59 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 5/10/2014 3:20:27 PM, drhead wrote:
At 5/7/2014 4:03:08 PM, Crescendo wrote:
At 5/6/2014 11:49:07 PM, Hematite12 wrote:
With that point clarified, I'll address.
Giving a path to citizenship is not the same as giving a free ride.

It is when you come over illegally first and then receive your citizenship.

And if they have to go through the same processes, then what is the difference?

How could you pay taxes if you're not a registered citizen? Why would you? And no, I'm not referring to you in particular. Here I'm using "you" as a general term to refer to illegal immigrants.

Let's see...

a) Sales Tax - no way to avoid it.
b) Income Tax - if your employer is obeying the law, you still have part of your paycheck deducted for tax purposes. In addition, illegal immigrants do not receive Social Security benefits, even though they still pay into it. This includes welfare.
c) Property Tax - again, no way to avoid this one.

So not only do illegal immigrants still pay taxes, they get less out of paying taxes since they have no access to any benefit programs.

Usually, when a group is pushed hard enough, they tend to despise those who oppress them. You can expect what goes around to come around.

Huh? Are you saying that White people everywhere somehow deserve to be insulted because of things that happened in the past?

No. I am explaining why it happens, though. P!ss off a group of people, and you can't expect them to like you.

In our culture you don't make Islamophobic remarks. You don't make anti-Semitic remarks (though for some reason it's considered okay if you're denouncing Israel). Yet Christianity is made fun of all the time, on movies and television.

fixed

No, actually tons of people make Islamophobic remarks. The amount of misunderstanding in our culture about Islam in general is disgusting.

Yes, they are misunderstood; however, it shouldn't be all that surprising considering events like 9/11 and the Boston Marathon Bombing.

And, of course, the stereotyping -- because if some Muslims commit terrorist acts, they all do. Since I see some Christians bombing abortion clinics, can I assume that all Christians do this or desire to do this?

Christians bombing abortion clinics isn't something that happens often; perhaps it happens once every two years or so? Meanwhile, every other week you hear about a Muslim terror attack somewhere in the world, such as the recent Boko Haram kidnapping.

And are these actions reflective of every Muslim?

Where are you getting this ridiculous idea that you "don't" make Islamophobic or anti-Semitic remarks in our society? People make such remarks all the time without consequence.
People who make such remarks get chastised by the half of the country that is sane, and this is a good thing. The other half sees no issue with such remarks.
Just look up some videos of disgusting remarks by Fox news hosts. There's a video I saw where one host honestly recommended that we capture all Muslims and force them to convert to Christianity. If they don't comply, we kill them.
That's the kind of bull**** that is self-reinforced by backwards whites in this country. If you honestly think that groups like Muslims get FAVORED, you are an idiot, simply.

My my; resorting to name calling now, are we? Yes, Islamophobic comments are made by people, perhaps even by a few people in authority. The difference is that Hollywood does not make a habit of creating movies, TV Shows, and documentaries which insult Islam. What's the Muslim equivalent to the "Jesus Camp" film? As I recall, the last guy to make an anti-Muslim video was arrested. On miscellaneous charges, of course (anything to silence the "Islamophobe").

I think we can both agree that that film was an abomination for reasons beyond simple islamophobia.

Is the filth constantly spewed out by Hollywood and the Media which attacks Christianity also an "abomination?"

Usually the films are of a higher standard of quality, yes. "Jesus Camp" was a good quality documentary, while "Innocence of Muslims" was a horrible low-budget mess. However, I'd wager that if you looked, you could find some documentaries on Muslim countries and the impact that the often theocratic governments have on their citizens, as well as the impact of the culture itself. "Jesus Camp" was popular because it showed an often unseen side of our own society and did a good job of doing so while not interfering with what was going on, while documentaries about Muslim-controlled countries would probably be less popular because, as Americans, we already automatically see those places as @ss-backwards hellholes, and a documentary would only leave the viewer unsurprised. If you're watching a documentary, odds are you want to learn something new.

And we're both talking about that video "Innocence of Muslims," right?

Yes.

The difference is that non-Fox media outlets attack Christian fundamentalism while making no such attack on Islam. One News Organization does not make the rule; it is the exception.

Probably because these news networks are national news networks, meaning they are concerned with national news more so than world news (unless it is something rather big). There is a reason why people say Americans live in a bubble. If you look at any worldwide news outlet, though, you'll still see stories about things like Saudi Arabia being absolutely stupid in ways that make you check to make sure you aren't reading The Onion:
http://www.independent.co.uk...
And you'll also see some slightly more depressing stories about them:
http://www.dailyzone.com...

I don't get what your point is here.

My point is that you are only looking at news networks that are focused on things that affect the US locally, or on significant worldwide events. Since Muslims do not have enough power in this country to make a very significant impact (think things like implementing Sharia), and Christians do (such as banning practices like abortion and gay marriage on mainly grounds of religious objection), you will most likely see things relating to Christians doing things. However, if you look at other news sources concerned with worldwide news, you'll find plenty of stories that attack the actions of Muslims.

However, when focusing on national news, Christianity is the dominant religion, and the US has a fairly poor track record on separation of church and state. The criticism of Christian fundamentalism is a byproduct of the resistance against efforts to strengthen separation of church and state. If a group of Muslims took a case to the Supreme Court demanding that we burn at the stake all who would dare criticize Islam, they would get laughed out of the courtroom and people would likely not care, since Muslims are such a small minority that any demands they make can be considered completely unbacked.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian