Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Kind Dictator Obama

Chimera
Posts: 178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 8:47:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As an anarchist, i'm sick of people going around saying how Obama is so bad this, Obama is going to ruin this country that. That Obama is a dictator blah blah blah.

If anything, people need to realize that Obama isn't the problem, it's the idea of government in general that is the problem. It [government] is the catalyst that corrupts people in power to abuse that power.

Obama is a human being just like the rest of us, he shouldn't be blamed for what goes on. The stupid system that we have developed should be to blame.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 10:36:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 3:17:10 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Picture: http://imgur.com...

+ the numerous duplicates http://townhall.com...

If I recall correctly, the point was that the site was working well.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 1:02:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 8:47:09 PM, Chimera wrote:
As an anarchist, i'm sick of people going around saying how Obama is so bad this, Obama is going to ruin this country that. That Obama is a dictator blah blah blah.

If anything, people need to realize that Obama isn't the problem, it's the idea of government in general that is the problem. It [government] is the catalyst that corrupts people in power to abuse that power.

Obama is a human being just like the rest of us, he shouldn't be blamed for what goes on. The stupid system that we have developed should be to blame.

Preaching to the choir. It was just a funny meme that had a good message.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 10:27:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/18/2014 8:47:09 PM, Chimera wrote:
As an anarchist, i'm sick of people going around saying how Obama is so bad this, Obama is going to ruin this country that. That Obama is a dictator blah blah blah.

If anything, people need to realize that Obama isn't the problem, it's the idea of government in general that is the problem. It [government] is the catalyst that corrupts people in power to abuse that power.

Obama is a human being just like the rest of us, he shouldn't be blamed for what goes on. The stupid system that we have developed should be to blame.

I disagree completely. IRS? Fast and Furious? Stimulus? Benghazi? I think he's been in too many scandals not to take the blame.
Ashton
Chimera
Posts: 178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 5:33:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/19/2014 10:27:06 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 5/18/2014 8:47:09 PM, Chimera wrote:
As an anarchist, i'm sick of people going around saying how Obama is so bad this, Obama is going to ruin this country that. That Obama is a dictator blah blah blah.

If anything, people need to realize that Obama isn't the problem, it's the idea of government in general that is the problem. It [government] is the catalyst that corrupts people in power to abuse that power.

Obama is a human being just like the rest of us, he shouldn't be blamed for what goes on. The stupid system that we have developed should be to blame.

I disagree completely. IRS? Fast and Furious? Stimulus? Benghazi? I think he's been in too many scandals not to take the blame.

So, what your saying is, that we should blame Obama for what he's done because of a few scandals? Instead of blaming what actually causes people to commit to corruption and scandal (that being government and hierarchy) in the first place?

Every single president in the history of our country has abused their position of power. Now, i'm not saying that justifies the Obama's involvement in those scandals, but it's utterly pointless to all of a sudden be angry with the president when they commit a scandal. Because, in reality, you shouldn't be expecting them to obey the same laws as a regular citizen because if you give any human a position of power, they will obviously abuse it.

It isn't the person in power that's wrong with this country, the problem is that we have people in power in the first place.
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 6:16:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/19/2014 5:33:12 PM, Chimera wrote:
At 5/19/2014 10:27:06 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 5/18/2014 8:47:09 PM, Chimera wrote:
As an anarchist, i'm sick of people going around saying how Obama is so bad this, Obama is going to ruin this country that. That Obama is a dictator blah blah blah.

If anything, people need to realize that Obama isn't the problem, it's the idea of government in general that is the problem. It [government] is the catalyst that corrupts people in power to abuse that power.

Obama is a human being just like the rest of us, he shouldn't be blamed for what goes on. The stupid system that we have developed should be to blame.

I disagree completely. IRS? Fast and Furious? Stimulus? Benghazi? I think he's been in too many scandals not to take the blame.

So, what your saying is, that we should blame Obama for what he's done because of a few scandals? Instead of blaming what actually causes people to commit to corruption and scandal (that being government and hierarchy) in the first place?

Every single president in the history of our country has abused their position of power. Now, i'm not saying that justifies the Obama's involvement in those scandals, but it's utterly pointless to all of a sudden be angry with the president when they commit a scandal. Because, in reality, you shouldn't be expecting them to obey the same laws as a regular citizen because if you give any human a position of power, they will obviously abuse it.

It isn't the person in power that's wrong with this country, the problem is that we have people in power in the first place.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Scandals help lead us to the point we are at now. And how can us average Americans be blamed for a security breach at the hands of the government? How can we be blamed for putting extra taxes on certain political groups? How can we be blamed for the government's extortion of money?

I do not government, and what government does, because people like Barack Obama, and especially Barack Obama have lead us to an economic crisis.

"Every single president in the history of our country has abused their position of power."

While everyone has had their own issues as president, name me another president that has had more than 5 scandals, this low an approval rating, and lowered our relationship with Israel. Barack Obama deserves all the criticism he has gotten, and in no way, shape, or form, should he be allowed off the hook. We went full steam at George Bush after all, we went after Nixon (rightfully so), but only after one scandal. This guy has tons similar and in some cases, worse scandals under his belt. Therefore, he does deserve blame, and I do not see at all why you think we should just stop pitying about what he's done.
Ashton
Chimera
Posts: 178
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 7:26:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/19/2014 6:16:33 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 5/19/2014 5:33:12 PM, Chimera wrote:
At 5/19/2014 10:27:06 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 5/18/2014 8:47:09 PM, Chimera wrote:
As an anarchist, i'm sick of people going around saying how Obama is so bad this, Obama is going to ruin this country that. That Obama is a dictator blah blah blah.

If anything, people need to realize that Obama isn't the problem, it's the idea of government in general that is the problem. It [government] is the catalyst that corrupts people in power to abuse that power.

Obama is a human being just like the rest of us, he shouldn't be blamed for what goes on. The stupid system that we have developed should be to blame.

I disagree completely. IRS? Fast and Furious? Stimulus? Benghazi? I think he's been in too many scandals not to take the blame.

So, what your saying is, that we should blame Obama for what he's done because of a few scandals? Instead of blaming what actually causes people to commit to corruption and scandal (that being government and hierarchy) in the first place?

Every single president in the history of our country has abused their position of power. Now, i'm not saying that justifies the Obama's involvement in those scandals, but it's utterly pointless to all of a sudden be angry with the president when they commit a scandal. Because, in reality, you shouldn't be expecting them to obey the same laws as a regular citizen because if you give any human a position of power, they will obviously abuse it.

It isn't the person in power that's wrong with this country, the problem is that we have people in power in the first place.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Scandals help lead us to the point we are at now. And how can us average Americans be blamed for a security breach at the hands of the government? How can we be blamed for putting extra taxes on certain political groups? How can we be blamed for the government's extortion of money?

I do not government, and what government does, because people like Barack Obama, and especially Barack Obama have lead us to an economic crisis.

"Every single president in the history of our country has abused their position of power."

While everyone has had their own issues as president, name me another president that has had more than 5 scandals, this low an approval rating, and lowered our relationship with Israel. Barack Obama deserves all the criticism he has gotten, and in no way, shape, or form, should he be allowed off the hook. We went full steam at George Bush after all, we went after Nixon (rightfully so), but only after one scandal. This guy has tons similar and in some cases, worse scandals under his belt. Therefore, he does deserve blame, and I do not see at all why you think we should just stop pitying about what he's done.

You misunderstand. I'm not blaming a person or a group of people for the problems in this country, i'm blaming the system within which we live that enables corruption and scandal in the first place. I am in no way blaming the American people.

'I do not government, and what government does, because people like Barack Obama, and especially Barack Obama have lead us to an economic crisis.'

That would make sense if Obama was the one in control of the economy, which of course the president isn't. Nor has any president in our history. Obama is only one member of the entire system, the president can only control so much to begin with. Also, if you think other candidates were going to be just perfect and would never commit to corruption, then you don't understand why people run for elections in the first place. That being for the pure sake of obtaining power.

As for your scandal argument, it doesn't matter how many scandals were committed, nor the magnitude of them. It's the sheer fact that there are scandals to begin with that is the problem. I think Obama is a good human being, as are/were Bush and Nixon (though I can't say much about that since I haven't met them, nor may I ever. So i'm not going to assume who they are.).

However, there is no such thing as a human being who makes a good politician. In the sense that 'good' is an actual consideration for the welfare of the people, and acknowledgement that you're not above the law. The problem isn't the proletariat, the bourgeoisie, or even the politicians. The problem is the entire idea of government to begin with, because government itself enables corruption.

This endless cycle of corrupt leaders isn't going to stop unless we change the system, instead of hoping for some perfect person who is incorruptible and won't commit scandals. Such an idea is overtly Utopian.

My point isn't that Obama doesn't deserve criticism, my point is that just criticizing Obama instead the whole entire system isn't going to change anything.