Conservative mother explaining why legalization makes perfect sense ^
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:12:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Whoops - I screwed that up. Anyway, those 2 clips include successful women who don't see a big deal in smoking and who explain that the "stereotypical stoner" is just a bogus generalization glamorized by the media and entertainers who think they're so cool for doing something most people do. The first video is about successful women and changing attitudes; the second is a conservative mom explaining why legalization makes the most sense.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:12:44 AM
Why yes, some women are successful while smoking pot, that is proof that it doesn't hurt anyone!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:13:41 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:12:44 AM, OreEle wrote:
Why yes, some women are successful while smoking pot, that is proof that it doesn't hurt anyone!

Lmfao. Horrible "argument." Pot is practically harmless - not that it should matter.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:16:22 AM

Did you watch the video? Obviously not, so I don't care about your opinion.

Watch the conservative mom and then come talk to me.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:24:57 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:13:41 AM, theLwerd wrote:

Lmfao. Horrible "argument." Pot is practically harmless - not that it should matter.

That wasn't an argument, it was pointing out the fallacy of your argument. The effects of marijuana and THC are well documented. Though I typically don't debate it because those that I debate turn to conspiracy arguments about how the government is forging all these studies just to keep people under their thumbs and so on.

http://www.drugabuse.gov...

The best thing is that pot use is on the decline. And there are tons of studies that show the negative effects of it. And its positive effects can be reached by other drugs that don't have the plethora of negative effects.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:25:47 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:16:22 AM, theLwerd wrote:

Did you watch the video? Obviously not, so I don't care about your opinion.

Watch the conservative mom and then come talk to me.

As I've said in numorous threads, I don't get videos to come through. So I can't watch them.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:25:49 AM
MAH LUNGS. Keep your pot away. Magic brownies, though, go for it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:26:53 AM
Though I have no idea how far pot smoke spreads so if it isn't far enjoy in your home.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:28:23 AM
Ragnar, how can you be Con-Pot legalization if you are a libertarian? You can't argue that the smoke gets in your lungs because you'd have to apply that logic to fumes from cars and all other forms of pollution.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:28:59 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:27:44 AM, comoncents wrote:
All I got to say is.

WWJD, ya'll!

What Would Jesus Do!!!!!

Ummm...

Clarify. Are you trying to say he would or wouldn't smoke it?

Cause all this love thy neighbor and give away all your money **** sure sounds like he's smoked a LOT.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:29:04 AM

Of course it hurts people - everything can hurt people. Of course, what we are concerned is whether or not someone using it harms others without their consent.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:30:44 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:28:59 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/12/2010 11:27:44 AM, comoncents wrote:
All I got to say is.

WWJD, ya'll!

What Would Jesus Do!!!!!

Ummm...

Clarify. Are you trying to say he would or wouldn't smoke it?

Cause all this love thy neighbor and give away all your money **** sure sounds like he's smoked a LOT.

HaHaHaHa.

I am just a voice in the wind, calling for you guys to think WWJD!!!!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:31:57 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:28:23 AM, Nags wrote:
Ragnar, how can you be Con-Pot legalization if you are a libertarian? You can't argue that the smoke gets in your lungs because you'd have to apply that logic to fumes from cars and all other forms of pollution.

I do, to a lesser extent however because industry vastly raises everyone's standard of living. I'm in favor of atmospheric regulation you know.

And I'm not con pot legalization, just con smoking it. Basically, if an officer where he is supposed to be catches you lighting up-- i.e. an officer in a public place-- and you didn't specifically ask his permission and everyone's present-- they should probably fine you. No war on drugs, just a very minor war on smoking it within range of anyone who doesn't want it :P.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:31:59 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:29:04 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Of course it hurts people - everything can hurt people. Of course, what we are concerned is whether or not someone using it harms others without their consent.

What about Alcohol or cigs?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:34:40 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:31:57 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/12/2010 11:28:23 AM, Nags wrote:

I do, to a lesser extent however because industry vastly raises everyone's standard of living. I'm in favor of atmospheric regulation you know.

And I'm not con pot legalization, just con smoking it. Basically, if an officer where he is supposed to be catches you lighting up-- i.e. an officer in a public place-- and you didn't specifically ask his permission and everyone's present-- they should probably fine you. No war on drugs, just a very minor war on smoking it within range of anyone who doesn't want it :P.

"public place" being anywhere where people who haven't clearly consented to pot smoke are present.

People being places they have no right to be are clearly consenting to everything that might be done to them of course.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:36:35 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:31:59 AM, comoncents wrote:

Alcohol doesn't get in mah lungs. Not mah problem.

Cigs, and anything else you smoke, same rules as pot.

If you chew tobacco, not my problem :P.

Now, if the owner of a road wants to forbid driving under the influence, he can-- on his road. Someone else can permit it. If you don't like the latter, don't be on that road.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:36:42 AM
I do, to a lesser extent however because industry vastly raises everyone's standard of living.

It's still a contradiction regardless how much you believe industry helps.

I'm in favor of atmospheric regulation you know.

Lol. Libertarian environmentalist? Eww. Very against free market.

That's ridiculous. Cars wouldn't be able to run without everyone's permission using that logic.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:37:10 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:36:35 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Now, if the owner of a road wants to forbid driving under the influence, he can-- on his road. Someone else can permit it. If you don't like the latter, don't be on that road.

And if you live on that road?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:41:25 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:36:42 AM, Nags wrote:
I do, to a lesser extent however because industry vastly raises everyone's standard of living.

It's still a contradiction regardless how much you believe industry helps.
The purpose of rights is to aid one's life.

I'm in favor of atmospheric regulation you know.

Lol. Libertarian environmentalist? Eww. Very against free market.
You have a better solution to the atmosphere? Any means to privatize it? Until you do I'll continue to treat it as an arbitrary, probably scientifically informed, threshold matter.

That's ridiculous. Cars wouldn't be able to run without everyone's permission using that logic.
Cars wouldn't be able to run without the road owner's permission, and car's wouldn't be able to run completely regulation free. Those on the road consent to getting the brunt of it by being there, the point is making sure it doesn't dissipate into an excessive threshold outside it.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:44:17 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:37:10 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Who the hell is retarded enough to live ON a road?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:47:00 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:41:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The purpose of rights is to aid one's life.

That's the purpose of rights? Using that definition, rights can be applied to pretty much anything one sees fit. And rights are non-contradicting.

You have a better solution to the atmosphere? Any means to privatize it? Until you do I'll continue to treat it as an arbitrary, probably scientifically informed, threshold matter.

Neither public nor private. No need to do anything with it.

Cars wouldn't be able to run without the road owner's permission, and car's wouldn't be able to run completely regulation free.

Transportation wouldn't be all that great when some rich guy decides he wants to buy all the roads and transportation in a fifty miles radius and just use it for himself.

Those on the road consent to getting the brunt of it by being there

Just like those on the sidewalk consent to the fumes from the car? And the fumes from marijuana?

the point is making sure it doesn't dissipate into an excessive threshold outside it.

Are you Pro Cap and Trade as well? lawlz
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 11:51:30 AM
At 2/12/2010 11:44:17 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

You live on the street which is next to the road, meaning your starting point of transport is that road.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 12:20:08 PM
At 2/12/2010 11:51:30 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/12/2010 11:44:17 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

You live on the street which is next to the road, meaning your starting point of transport is that road.

I don't suppose R_R support 4x4ing over the neighbor's property to avoid that road?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 12:23:42 PM

No, that is what you are concerned with, not me.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 12:30:49 PM
I've maybe posted this a couple times already, but a Liberal MP from British Columbia, Keith Martin, convinced me of the need for legalization of marijuana: