Jump to topic:

Organized Mass Shootings

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:28:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Don't mean to invoke conspircay theories, but the Las Vegas shooting is the fifth mass attack in a month span. Why exactly is this happening? We have never had a mass shooting wave like this.

Hell, the US media talks about one shooting for two years. Now 5, and in one month? Unbelievable! They're obviously being organized by the conservatives.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 11:50:48 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:28:26 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Don't mean to invoke conspircay theories

Not at all.

They're obviously being organized by the conservatives.

My thoughts exactly.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 7:58:45 AM
Don't mean to invoke conspircay theories, but the Las Vegas shooting is the fifth mass attack in a month span. Why exactly is this happening? We have never had a mass shooting wave like this.

Hell, the US media talks about one shooting for two years. Now 5, and in one month? Unbelievable! They're obviously being organized by the conservatives.

Why would conservatives organise them? It would make more sense for a liberal to organise them, that way they can use the events to try to pass gun control.
CarterWale
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 1:59:07 PM
Neither party nor belief is evolved in mass shootings. It's foolish to even think like that, what we need to be doing is figuring out ways to stop them.
"A man who stands for nothing, will fall for anything." - Unknown
"Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians, you are not like him." - Gandhi
CarterWale
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:01:44 PM
Foolish again. Neither belief would want anything like this to happen, and you know that. This forum topic is stupid.
"A man who stands for nothing, will fall for anything." - Unknown
"Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians, you are not like him." - Gandhi
Installgentoo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 11:15:54 PM
The only mass shooting I think was organized was the Port Arthur Shooting. Some retard manages to get a rifle and kill 35 people through shooting them around their heads? Seems incredibly unlikely.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 7:01:50 AM

Why conservatives?
It's not obvious to me. What do they get out of it?
My work here is, finally, done.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 7:02:41 AM
At 6/29/2014 7:01:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Why conservatives?
It's not obvious to me. What do they get out of it?

I was be facetious
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 7:05:20 AM
At 6/29/2014 7:02:41 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

I was be facetious

Got it.
Do you think that these could be orchestrated by the government, though?
Both sides would benefit, after all, and it serves as a wonderful distraction.

I don't, but it makes me wonder sometimes.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 7:07:44 AM
At 6/29/2014 7:05:20 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I was be facetious

Got it.

Not by the government. That would be insanely silly. Although I wouldn't put it beyond me that a dirty politician could of done something like this, although I doubt the 6 mass shootings last month were connected to the government. Did anyone really even give a $hit about any of the shootings? Seems most people can't even name one.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 7:13:38 AM
At 6/29/2014 7:07:44 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

I was be facetious

Got it.

Not by the government. That would be insanely silly. Although I wouldn't put it beyond me that a dirty politician could of done something like this, although I doubt the 6 mass shootings last month were connected to the government. Did anyone really even give a $hit about any of the shootings? Seems most people can't even name one.

I'm sure the victims cared :P
Is it silly, though?
Repbublican get distraction from Benghazi leader saying it was sporadic.
Dems get distraction from IRS and VA scandals. Not the scandals per se, but the horribly outdated day-to-day BS they have.
And, obvious points for gun control talking points and 2nd amendment ones as well.

And, of course, Iraq seems to be falling apart with ISIS....or is it?

Who knows, maybe the summer lull of no new TV shows like Idol and Can you Dance or whatever people are obsessed with causes an emptiness inside some that must be expressed by death and destruction.
Let's blame CBS, ABC, FOX, and NBC for this orchestrated emptiness in people's lives.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 7:15:25 AM
At 6/29/2014 7:13:38 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/29/2014 7:07:44 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

I was be facetious

Got it.

I'm sure the victims cared :P
Is it silly, though?
Repbublican get distraction from Benghazi leader saying it was sporadic.
Dems get distraction from IRS and VA scandals. Not the scandals per se, but the horribly outdated day-to-day BS they have.
And, obvious points for gun control talking points and 2nd amendment ones as well.

And, of course, Iraq seems to be falling apart with ISIS....or is it?

Who knows, maybe the summer lull of no new TV shows like Idol and Can you Dance or whatever people are obsessed with causes an emptiness inside some that must be expressed by death and destruction.
Let's blame CBS, ABC, FOX, and NBC for this orchestrated emptiness in people's lives.

I really am skeptical about conspiracy theories, but I agree that both parties could use a break. Each party is throwing mud at each other until our whole nation collapses.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 8:05:52 AM
For a developed country, the US has more shootings resulting in death than any other developed country. It's pretty much the only thing that deters me from going on holidays there.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 8:52:48 AM
At 6/29/2014 8:05:52 AM, Smithereens wrote:
For a developed country, the US has more shootings resulting in death than any other developed country. It's pretty much the only thing that deters me from going on holidays there.

To be fair, were the only developed country with 300,000,000 million people. Hell, New York Metro has more people than Australia has in total. If gun nut nations like Ukraine and Switzerland were our size, there would be some bloodshed. With that said, I do appreciate the status America has earned against some of the nanny laws that Europe and Australia (Sorry, but it's true) put into effect, but there should be a fine limit on gun control.

I don't think the problem is as bad as my fellow liberal nations seems to think, but gun culture is certainly understated.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 8:55:39 AM
At 6/29/2014 8:52:48 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

To be fair, were the only developed country with 300,000,000 million people. Hell, New York Metro has more people than Australia has in total. If gun nut nations like Ukraine and Switzerland were our size, there would be some bloodshed. With that said, I do appreciate the status America has earned against some of the nanny laws that Europe and Australia (Sorry, but it's true) put into effect, but there should be a fine limit on gun control.

I don't think the problem is as bad as my fellow liberal nations seems to think, but gun culture is certainly understated.

As a percentile, the states have the highest shootings resulting in deaths too. I didn't mean to be picking on the states. I don't associate people with certain countries like you would do to me. The US is just another country in my mind. Saves the prejudice I might have against Islamic states, just for consistency.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 8:59:22 AM
At 6/29/2014 8:55:39 AM, Smithereens wrote:

As a percentile, the states have the highest shootings resulting in deaths too. I didn't mean to be picking on the states. I don't associate people with certain countries like you would do to me. The US is just another country in my mind. Saves the prejudice I might have against Islamic states, just for consistency.

Like I would do to you? I don't generalize Australians. I praise them for half beating the British accent out. Although there are still some hints at that sound when you guy's talk. Urgh.

Anyways, tell me if I'm wrong, but I made a claim that most Australians are from British descent. It started over a talk I had with someone about America's ethnic heritage, which is mostly German and French, with only a 5% British heritage. Now, just to make sure, Australia has mainly British background. Correct?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 9:14:39 AM
At 6/29/2014 8:59:22 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Like I would do to you? I don't generalize Australians. I praise them for half beating the British accent out. Although there are still some hints at that sound when you guy's talk. Urgh.
Lol, look at me failing to convey my intentions over and over again. I didn't mean this they way it was taken either. I meant it's completely normal to associate people with their countries on DDO, but if I did it I would be a hypocrite, since I have prejudices against some political systems for no reason.

Anyways, tell me if I'm wrong, but I made a claim that most Australians are from British descent. It started over a talk I had with someone about America's ethnic heritage, which is mostly German and French, with only a 5% British heritage. Now, just to make sure, Australia has mainly British background. Correct?
Aus is made up of everyone. There is a big debate on national identity. I don't know figures, but I'd guess there are more European descendants than any other.
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 10:33:11 AM
At 6/29/2014 8:59:22 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Australian accents are about as similar to British accents as American accents are, and come on, most American accents are as annoying as any accent from Manchester or Birmingham.
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 11:21:48 AM

What fine limit would that be?