Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Retards

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 7:48:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm pretty sure people have heard about this but I've been a little out of touch with the news recently (favoring ESPN over CNN... shame shame). Anyway The Colbert Report is actually responsible for bringing this one to my attention. Apparently Sarah Palin was outraged over White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel for calling some liberal groups "f-cking retarded." She said it was just as offensive as using the N word.

Then on Rush Limbaugh's show, he said, "Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who ARE retards, retards. I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks... I think their big news is he's out there calling Obama's number one supporters F-ing retards. So now there's going to be a meeting. There's going to be a retard summit at the White House. Much like the beer summit between Obama and Gates and that cop in Cambridge."

Uhh... WTF? First off, it wasn't liberal PCs who made this an issue - it was none other than Sarah Palin. So basically, he's taking a jab at his own and is too RETARDED to realize it. Second, why isn't Sarah Palin up in arms about Rush throwing around the word "retard" just as she was about Rahm Emannuel (even calling for him to be fired)? Rush very plainly used the term in a derogatory way to describe people who he disagrees with. So why shouldn't HE be fired? Everything that comes out of Republican's mouths is dripping with hypocrisy.

http://mediamatters.org...
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 8:03:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Because Sarah Palin is in a neo-con bubble, along with Rush, The Tea Party and the GOP. Anything outside that bubble is the work of the devil.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 8:39:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Why not just say Retarded is an okay insult? the only reason given for avoiding the term is that its derogetory to Mentaly challenged people. But isnt it a derogetory thing to be in the first place?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 8:41:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 8:12:19 AM, youhavejustlostthegame wrote:
I'll quote things people weren't implying

???
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 10:04:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 8:41:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/17/2010 8:12:19 AM, youhavejustlostthegame wrote:
I'll quote things people weren't implying because I actually have nothing to contribute to this discussion, to this site, or to the lives of anyone that I come in contact with

???

Fix'd.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 10:57:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 7:48:41 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm pretty sure people have heard about this but I've been a little out of touch with the news recently (favoring ESPN over CNN... shame shame). Anyway The Colbert Report is actually responsible for bringing this one to my attention. Apparently Sarah Palin was outraged over White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel for calling some liberal groups "f-cking retarded." She said it was just as offensive as using the N word.

Then on Rush Limbaugh's show, he said, "Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who ARE retards, retards. I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks... I think their big news is he's out there calling Obama's number one supporters F-ing retards. So now there's going to be a meeting. There's going to be a retard summit at the White House. Much like the beer summit between Obama and Gates and that cop in Cambridge."

Uhh... WTF? First off, it wasn't liberal PCs who made this an issue - it was none other than Sarah Palin. So basically, he's taking a jab at his own and is too RETARDED to realize it. Second, why isn't Sarah Palin up in arms about Rush throwing around the word "retard" just as she was about Rahm Emannuel (even calling for him to be fired)? Rush very plainly used the term in a derogatory way to describe people who he disagrees with. So why shouldn't HE be fired? Everything that comes out of Republican's mouths is dripping with hypocrisy.

http://mediamatters.org...

Rush says that because most of his listeners won't catch that and they'll just eat the sh*t he feeds them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 11:01:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 10:04:56 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/17/2010 8:41:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/17/2010 8:12:19 AM, youhavejustlostthegame wrote:
I'll quote things people weren't implying because I actually have nothing to contribute to this discussion, to this site, or to the lives of anyone that I come in contact with

Also, Volkov is f***ing bad@ss

Fix'd.

Fix'd extended
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
theaceb
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 11:01:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 8:39:28 AM, Marauder wrote:
Why not just say Retarded is an okay insult? the only reason given for avoiding the term is that its derogetory to Mentaly challenged people. But isnt it a derogetory thing to be in the first place?

Retarded should not be an acceptable insult because the more people use it as a synonym for stupid, closed minded, ignorant, weird, confusing, bad (etc.), the more people will associate stupidity/badness/weirdness (etc.) with actual retarded people. The difference is that most people who actually are ignorant or closed minded can change that to an extent, they have many more resources than a retarded person has to alleviating their ignorance which a retarded person does not have. That's why we should not look at them, or anyone else for that matter, in a derogatory way because they cannot control the way they are.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 11:05:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 11:01:18 AM, theaceb wrote:
At 2/17/2010 8:39:28 AM, Marauder wrote:
Why not just say Retarded is an okay insult? the only reason given for avoiding the term is that its derogetory to Mentaly challenged people. But isnt it a derogetory thing to be in the first place?

Retarded should not be an acceptable insult because the more people use it as a synonym for stupid, closed minded, ignorant, weird, confusing, bad (etc.), the more people will associate stupidity/badness/weirdness (etc.) with actual retarded people. The difference is that most people who actually are ignorant or closed minded can change that to an extent, they have many more resources than a retarded person has to alleviating their ignorance which a retarded person does not have. That's why we should not look at them, or anyone else for that matter, in a derogatory way because they cannot control the way they are.

retarded people have made great strides in recent decades. Many of them are actually able to work to provide for themselves. Maybe they can't change the fact that they are retarded (be it born with a handicap or have something happen to them that caused it in their lives), but they can make the most of it and change their lives for the better.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sky_ace25
Posts: 190
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 12:17:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 7:48:41 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm pretty sure people have heard about this but I've been a little out of touch with the news recently (favoring ESPN over CNN... shame shame). Anyway The Colbert Report is actually responsible for bringing this one to my attention. Apparently Sarah Palin was outraged over White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel for calling some liberal groups "f-cking retarded." She said it was just as offensive as using the N word.

Then on Rush Limbaugh's show, he said, "Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who ARE retards, retards. I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks... I think their big news is he's out there calling Obama's number one supporters F-ing retards. So now there's going to be a meeting. There's going to be a retard summit at the White House. Much like the beer summit between Obama and Gates and that cop in Cambridge."

Uhh... WTF? First off, it wasn't liberal PCs who made this an issue - it was none other than Sarah Palin. So basically, he's taking a jab at his own and is too RETARDED to realize it. Second, why isn't Sarah Palin up in arms about Rush throwing around the word "retard" just as she was about Rahm Emannuel (even calling for him to be fired)? Rush very plainly used the term in a derogatory way to describe people who he disagrees with. So why shouldn't HE be fired? Everything that comes out of Republican's mouths is dripping with hypocrisy.

http://mediamatters.org...

He never calls anybody retarded; the joke is that their is going to be an assembly about the word retarded. The comparison with the beer meeting is very clear here, Gates and the cop and Obama got together over a couple of beers to settle the bs issue, in reality Gates was at fault, but meh that's my opinion. Anyway, Palin according to your summary was mad that the guy had directly insulted people by using the word "retards", but Rush never actually directly called a specific group retarded. Further more, Rush doesn't fully endorse or support Palin, he's neutral. If he is attacking his own group it only goes to show you his fairness in presenting both sides of the issue ,before, his analysis. So please don't just take a random shot at the Republican party, because Democrats are no diplomats to truthfulness either.
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 12:27:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 12:17:33 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:
Further more, Rush doesn't fully endorse or support Palin, he's neutral.

You don't really listen to Rush do you?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 1:08:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 12:17:33 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:

He never calls anybody retarded; the joke is that their is going to be an assembly about the word retarded. ... Rush never actually directly called a specific group retarded.

Ok, clearly you didn't read what he said very clearly. He said, "Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who ARE retards, retards. I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks." So right there you're wrong. He said the people who are having the retard summit ARE retards. However, clearly they're not actually retarded (mentally slow). Therefore he was using it in the same exact derogatory way as Rahm Emanuel. He was essentially agreeing with Rahm that they're retards. That's what he directly referred to them as. The difference is that Sarah Palin didn't call for him to be fired when he said it; only Rahm. Thus, hypocrite. Please learn how to read properly before accusing me of slandering someone unnecessarily.
President of DDO
youhavejustlostthegame
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 1:46:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 11:01:13 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/17/2010 10:04:56 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/17/2010 8:41:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/17/2010 8:12:19 AM, youhavejustlostthegame wrote:
I didn't properly read the discussion because I'm running on 5 hours of sleep

lol wut

IM GONNA BITE YO HEAD OFF FOR SOMETHING THAT I DO ON A REGULAR BASIS EXCEPT WHEN I DO IT I WRITE A BOOK ON THE TOPIC WHEN THE PERSON AGREED WITH MY POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE

hehe now i looks cool

You guys really need to learn how to fix things.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 1:52:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 1:46:39 PM, youhavejustlostthegame wrote:
At 2/17/2010 11:01:13 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/17/2010 10:04:56 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/17/2010 8:41:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/17/2010 8:12:19 AM, youhavejustlostthegame wrote:
I didn't properly read the discussion because I'm running on 5 hours of sleep

lol wut

IM GONNA BITE YO HEAD OFF FOR SOMETHING THAT I DO ON A REGULAR BASIS EXCEPT WHEN I DO IT I WRITE A BOOK ON THE TOPIC WHEN THE PERSON AGREED WITH MY POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE

hehe now i looks cool

You guys really need to learn how to fix things.

http://www.hawaii.edu...

this is how you "fix" things.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sky_ace25
Posts: 190
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 5:33:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 1:08:37 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/17/2010 12:17:33 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:


Ok, clearly you didn't read what he said very clearly. He said, "Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who ARE retards, retards. I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks." So right there you're wrong. He said the people who are having the retard summit ARE retards. However, clearly they're not actually retarded (mentally slow). Therefore he was using it in the same exact derogatory way as Rahm Emanuel. He was essentially agreeing with Rahm that they're retards. That's what he directly referred to them as. The difference is that Sarah Palin didn't call for him to be fired when he said it; only Rahm. Thus, hypocrite. Please learn how to read properly before accusing me of slandering someone unnecessarily.

The direct connection is that the meeting over the issue of the word "retard" was being held, because of the controversy inspired by the calling of liberal activists as retards. (Hence the analogy to the beer meeting with the Gates) While I will agree with you that it is pretty clear he is referencing the liberal activists as retards, thus yes he is agreeing, he is never actually calling the meeting itself retarded. He is making a joke about it that is a comparison to the beer meeting which was also a funny idea. Essentially, poking fun at the white house, but not calling them all retarded. Again, the same people hosting the retarded convention are not the same people who were directly targeted. So yes I'll agree with you he is calling some group retards, but please don't jump to conclusions and make your own argument based on how you want to skew his words, and please don't insult me just because somebody disagrees with your ideology. It makes you look like a little kid, which honestly is kind of pathetic.

If you wanna look at Palin, sure yes by your logic she should also be charging against Rush, but Rush is not necessarily calling his own group retarded, because he is poking fun at the community reaction, which although started by Palin, has grown to include other groups of people. So don't call Rush instantly a retarded hypocrite, and further more Rush again never endorsed Palin; while he stated he wouldn't mind her as a president he never necessarily took a strong Pro or Con choice. Your instantly inferring that a party is not allowed to critique themselves which even you must agree is not true. I'm not going to say Palin is the greatest person to represent logic, but to be fair I pity her more, because of how much the liberal media slandered her unfairly using a lot of elitism just because she's from Alaska. Seriously, why is it a woman who is arguably attractive is not capable of being logical and having a diverse background that is not the typical norm? Well that's society for you...
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?
Sky_ace25
Posts: 190
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 5:35:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 12:27:03 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/17/2010 12:17:33 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:
Further more, Rush doesn't fully endorse or support Palin, he's neutral.

You don't really listen to Rush do you?

If he's suddenly changed his mind then I apologize as I have been busy recently, however as of last I heard him on Palin. He said he wouldn't mind her as a president, but he didn't go so far as to say that she would be the preferred choice or that he would endorse him. Rush hasn't seem to taken a Pro or Con choice vs. Palin, yet you are free to instantly label him as Pro since he's conservative, though don't always assume that's correct..
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 5:38:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 5:35:32 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:
At 2/17/2010 12:27:03 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/17/2010 12:17:33 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:
Further more, Rush doesn't fully endorse or support Palin, he's neutral.

You don't really listen to Rush do you?

If he's suddenly changed his mind then I apologize as I have been busy recently, however as of last I heard him on Palin. He said he wouldn't mind her as a president, but he didn't go so far as to say that she would be the preferred choice or that he would endorse him. Rush hasn't seem to taken a Pro or Con choice vs. Palin, yet you are free to instantly label him as Pro since he's conservative, though don't always assume that's correct..

It's true that he doesn't support her, but he is far from "neutral." He originally lashed out against McCain in the primaries, and favored Romney (he never actually "supports" anyone). But when McCain won, he turned his attacks against the Left and defended McCain on numerous occasions.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sky_ace25
Posts: 190
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 5:48:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/17/2010 5:38:52 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/17/2010 5:35:32 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:
At 2/17/2010 12:27:03 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/17/2010 12:17:33 PM, Sky_ace25 wrote:
Further more, Rush doesn't fully endorse or support Palin, he's neutral.

You don't really listen to Rush do you?

If he's suddenly changed his mind then I apologize as I have been busy recently, however as of last I heard him on Palin. He said he wouldn't mind her as a president, but he didn't go so far as to say that she would be the preferred choice or that he would endorse him. Rush hasn't seem to taken a Pro or Con choice vs. Palin, yet you are free to instantly label him as Pro since he's conservative, though don't always assume that's correct..

It's true that he doesn't support her, but he is far from "neutral." He originally lashed out against McCain in the primaries, and favored Romney (he never actually "supports" anyone). But when McCain won, he turned his attacks against the Left and defended McCain on numerous occasions.

Regardless of my own opinion on the matter you must not forget that he is also a media icon and whatever he says is always taken and interpreted in some shape/form. I do believe Rush is a very smart man in the sense that he knows how to work his enterprise and his audience. Further more too be fair he has a largely Conservative audience, so when it was Romney and McCain it would make sense that he would make a stance; many people did believe Romney was going to win. However, after the clear conservative was picked it's safe to assume that he would start attacking the liberal left, I mean he IS a conservative. I don't expect him to all of a sudden start rushing to the aid of liberals. My main point about Palin, was I don't like when people instantly assume Rush endorses and supports her. While yes he may have some more bias to her, (I believe this is mostly, because of mutual resentment of Obama administration) their is no actual full out support or endorsement.
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?