Jump to topic:

Private Armies (Militias) should be abolished

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:54:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Seriously, these guy's piss me off. There form of vigilante justice is silly, and I live in Michigan. I get it isn't bad for people in other states, but the Michigan Militia is the largest "defense group" in the United States. They crawl around the woods with military grade equipment extorting "security" (protection) money from citizens. These fools need to be restricted from congregated, or popped by my own form of vigilante justice.

Doesn't it worry you a little that citizens are legally allowed to formulate private armies in the US? This isn't allowed in other nations. They don't allow citizens to buy 100'000's in advanced weapon technology, buy bases in the middle of the woods, and start arming the populace. We're legally sanctioning this, and it makes me quite upset.

The average militia is about 20-40 people who bought a camp outside their trailer park, but I'm talking the big kind, like the Michigan Militia. 100's of tea party conservatives engaging in debauchery in the mountains, circle jerking each other over a beer. Tell me if I'm wrong, but is it not a little scary to know that there are 1000's of men living up in the mountains with mortars, sniper rifles, and fully automatic machinge guns, waiting for something to shoot?

There aren't many incidents involving militia's, as they tend to only concentrate in isolated areas, but we can't forget these are usually comprised of radical anti-government members. All it takes is one false interpretation of justice, before the military burns the whole damn north to the ground in retribution. These people are playing with fire, and citizens are the collateral damage.

We already have state millitia's, that are controlled by the state governments not subjected to congress. That is our self defense force. We don't need all these other idiots living us their non democratic form of justice, which is why I move for the abolition of all militia groups comprising more than 100 people.

Pictures of michigan millitia nut jobs

https://devoutinfidel.files.wordpress.com...
http://www.theepochtimes.com...
http://a.abcnews.com...
http://www.julianjackson.co.uk...
http://img.photobucket.com...
http://www.michiganmilitia.com...
http://www.mugsysrapsheet.com...

As you can see, the militia within my state isn't armed to fight criminals or protect protesters (They sometimes do), but are equipped to wage vicious guerrilla war. I know what the militia's look like down south, and they're not nearly as hard core as some of the ones we see up here. These people are a real danger to security and working citizens. Let's not forget the New Jefferson incident.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:45:24 PM
At 6/23/2014 10:54:12 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Seriously, these guy's piss me off. There form of vigilante justice is silly, and I live in Michigan. I get it isn't bad for people in other states, but the Michigan Militia is the largest "defense group" in the United States. They crawl around the woods with military grade equipment extorting "security" (protection) money from citizens. These fools need to be restricted from congregated, or popped by my own form of vigilante justice.

These guys are a joke, but they have the right to free assembly and -because of the Republican party- the right to bring their guns to their little commando parties. However, it gives me peace of mind knowing that these guys are probably under extreme governmental surveillance.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:52:08 PM
At 6/24/2014 5:45:24 PM, YYW wrote:

These guys are a joke, but they have the right to free assembly and -because of the Republican party- the right to bring their guns to their little commando parties. However, it gives me peace of mind knowing that these guys are probably under extreme governmental surveillance.

You should not feel to secure. These guy's hide off the grid, and unless you're living in Chicago, there are no cameras outside in the woods. Unfortunately, these people operate on private lands, and can't be put under surveillance. These militia's aren't usually comprised of bad people. A lot of them are nice family man conservative nut jobs with an illusion of societal realism. It's what that illusion could make them do that scares me.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 6:03:45 PM
At 6/24/2014 5:52:08 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

You should not feel to secure. These guy's hide off the grid, and unless you're living in Chicago, there are no cameras outside in the woods. Unfortunately, these people operate on private lands, and can't be put under surveillance. These militia's aren't usually comprised of bad people. A lot of them are nice family man conservative nut jobs with an illusion of societal realism. It's what that illusion could make them do that scares me.

If they have phones, ever use computers, drive cars made after the early 2000s, have tires made after the early 2000s, use credit cards, have bank accounts, receive mail, live above the ground, or any number of other things, they're not off the grid. They might think they are, but they're not. I'm not concerned.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 6:04:49 PM
At 6/24/2014 6:03:45 PM, YYW wrote:

If they have phones, ever use computers, drive cars made after the early 2000s, have tires made after the early 2000s, use credit cards, have bank accounts, receive mail, live above the ground, or any number of other things, they're not off the grid. They might think they are, but they're not. I'm not concerned.

You're definitely right. These people aren't a threat to national security. Yet, they still are liable to cause a major incident or two.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 6:07:09 PM
At 6/24/2014 6:04:49 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

You're definitely right. These people aren't a threat to national security. Yet, they still are liable to cause a major incident or two.

Yeah. The Department of Homeland Security released a briefing a while back that detailed the scope and extent of its estimation of home grown terror threats from right wing nationalists/extremists. The government is aware, and the government will handle it. That's kind of the benefit of living in the world we do now. In some sense it's pretty unsettlingly Orwellian, but in another there is a very real sense of security associated with it.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 6:10:55 PM
At 6/24/2014 6:07:09 PM, YYW wrote:

Yeah. The Department of Homeland Security released a briefing a while back that detailed the scope and extent of its estimation of home grown terror threats from right wing nationalists/extremists. The government is aware, and the government will handle it. That's kind of the benefit of living in the world we do now. In some sense it's pretty unsettlingly Orwellian, but in another there is a very real sense of security associated with it.

In my state though, 15 counties have declared themselves as apart of the militia, or in other words, actively use the militia for defense, police, and protection. In addition, these counties, and some other one's, pay "security fees". For the towns that don't want America's largest non PMC army occupying their county, this seems like an equivalent of extortion/racketeering.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 6:13:25 PM
At 6/24/2014 6:10:55 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/24/2014 6:07:09 PM, YYW wrote:

In my state though, 15 counties have declared themselves as apart of the militia, or in other words, actively use the militia for defense, police, and protection. In addition, these counties, and some other one's, pay "security fees". For the towns that don't want America's largest non PMC army occupying their county, this seems like an equivalent of extortion/racketeering.

"Security fees"? That does sound like racketeering.... and perhaps a law suit should be filed to deal with that.
Tsar of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 6:19:57 PM
At 6/24/2014 6:13:25 PM, YYW wrote:

"Security fees"? That does sound like racketeering.... and perhaps a law suit should be filed to deal with that.

Knowing next to nothing on the subject, I'd wager it isn't racketeering, since it is a private police force. I am guessing they are hiring themselves out instead of the cops.
Perhaps these counties are known for poor police response times and/or corruption.

Tell me about these tires being surveiled?
My work here is, finally, done.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 6:23:34 PM
At 6/24/2014 6:19:57 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Knowing next to nothing on the subject, I'd wager it isn't racketeering, since it is a private police force. I am guessing they are hiring themselves out instead of the cops.
Perhaps these counties are known for poor police response times and/or corruption.

All tires made after the early 2000s have RFID chips that can be tracked on the highways with ease.
Tsar of DDO
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 11:53:18 PM

Technically these millitia's are non profit, as they don't function as PMC's. Yet they collect $?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 7:11:22 AM
At 6/24/2014 11:53:18 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Technically these millitia's are non profit, as they don't function as PMC's. Yet they collect $?

Non-profits do collect money. Name one charity that doesn't. Name one not-for-profit business that doesn't.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 7:14:02 AM
At 6/25/2014 7:11:22 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/24/2014 11:53:18 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Non-profits do collect money. Name one charity that doesn't. Name one not-for-profit business that doesn't.

Not true. Truly non-profit businesses, by law, are required to abide by certain laws to maintain that status. All the money they make, in the US at least, needs to be maintained as assets or liquid tied into corporate accounts. Or, in layman's terms, all money needs to go towards the development of the organization.

One group that is under scrutiny for being a false non-profit is FIFA, who pays its employees and maintains a billion in the bank.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 7:18:12 AM
At 6/25/2014 7:14:02 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Not true. Truly non-profit businesses, by law, are required to abide by certain laws to maintain that status. All the money they make, in the US at least, needs to be maintained as assets or liquid tied into corporate accounts. Or, in layman's terms, all money needs to go towards the development of the organization.

One group that is under scrutiny for being a false non-profit is FIFA, who pays its employees and maintains a billion in the bank.

What does that have to do with collecting money?
By collecting money, I assume you meant revenues. Be more clear in your word use.

If you are saying they are profiting:
1. I'd like to know how you know this
2. money in the bank = violations (it's kind of hard to build a new outreach center if you can't save the money for a few years)

Also, clearly, non-profits can pay their employees.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 7:20:44 AM
At 6/25/2014 7:18:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/25/2014 7:14:02 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

What does that have to do with collecting money?
By collecting money, I assume you meant revenues. Be more clear in your word use.

If you are saying they are profiting:
1. I'd like to know how you know this
2. money in the bank = violations (it's kind of hard to build a new outreach center if you can't save the money for a few years)

Also, clearly, non-profits can pay their employees.

Here are the rules if you want to dig through them. I'm making a thread now about something more intresting. http://www.usa.gov...
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Juris_Naturalis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 7:56:49 AM

Doesn't it worry you a little that citizens are legally allowed to formulate private armies in the US? This isn't allowed in other nations. They don't allow citizens to buy 100'000's in advanced weapon technology, buy bases in the middle of the woods, and start arming the populace. We're legally sanctioning this, and it makes me quite upset.

The average militia is about 20-40 people who bought a camp outside their trailer park, but I'm talking the big kind, like the Michigan Militia. 100's of tea party conservatives engaging in debauchery in the mountains, circle jerking each other over a beer. Tell me if I'm wrong, but is it not a little scary to know that there are 1000's of men living up in the mountains with mortars, sniper rifles, and fully automatic machinge guns, waiting for something to shoot?

There aren't many incidents involving militia's, as they tend to only concentrate in isolated areas, but we can't forget these are usually comprised of radical anti-government members. All it takes is one false interpretation of justice, before the military burns the whole damn north to the ground in retribution. These people are playing with fire, and citizens are the collateral damage.

We already have state millitia's, that are controlled by the state governments not subjected to congress. That is our self defense force. We don't need all these other idiots living us their non democratic form of justice, which is why I move for the abolition of all militia groups comprising more than 100 people.

Pictures of michigan millitia nut jobs

https://devoutinfidel.files.wordpress.com...
http://www.theepochtimes.com...
http://a.abcnews.com...
http://www.julianjackson.co.uk...
http://img.photobucket.com...
http://www.michiganmilitia.com...
http://www.mugsysrapsheet.com...

As you can see, the militia within my state isn't armed to fight criminals or protect protesters (They sometimes do), but are equipped to wage vicious guerrilla war. I know what the militia's look like down south, and they're not nearly as hard core as some of the ones we see up here. These people are a real danger to security and working citizens. Let's not forget the New Jefferson incident.

Could you post a couple of links that show them doing anything at all detrimental to the well being of Michigan? Not to be rude, but I can't find anything that matches what you state as far as the "extortion" goes. Or anything else for that matter.