Jump to topic:

US attention for war on terror

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 7:42:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am just wondering, why is the US always the main scapegoat for starting wars on terror? I only say this, because there are several conflicts the US is not involved in (We have command over some), but have got almost no attention at all. First of which is Mali. This is one of the most violent conflicts in Africa after CAR, and France has been fighting terrorists there since 2002. In addition, in a story that had almost no media attention, a year a go, the EU sent 20,000 troops to the Central African Republic, who are now living in the jungle fighting coups.

Don't even get me started with the other nations. Germany for example, is the largest supporter of Free Syria. They provide support, logistics, and command to the Syrians. Hell, the army is led by a German Staff Sergeant. Yet when we talk about Syria, we reference the US -_-. There's also the Philippines, in which Australia is training, arming, and fighting terrorists on the lower isles. (The US has command, but mostly through Australia). Has anyone ever brought this up in the media?

Then there are the conflicts that only get attention for a week, before being ignored by the world. Like Azerbaijan and Turkey, who are both European nations (Azerbaijan is, and Turkey's considered a part of Europe), fighting the Armenian backed Apocalyptic cult. China? Whoever talks about the monthly massacres we here about? East Turkestan terrorists get a buller a day.

My point, is that the war on terror has been internationally one sided. Every single European country has participated in some form of war on terror, that didn't involve the US, yet people completely ignore these? For fvcks sake, there are armies occupying the nations of CAR and Mali, yet most people don't even know this.

Americans are uneducated due to the media situation. Take the 2008 Russo-Georgian war for example. I would argue that 8/10 american's don't even know what I'm talking about. The conflict in which Russia illegally invaded georgia, 10,000 ethnic Georgians wound up dead, and the US sent their whole regional fleet to the baltic and aimed missiles at Russia. Seriously? No one remembers this catastrophe that happened 4 years a go?

The US funds free media in other nations. I think its time we fund free, non partisian media like we are in those nations for our own citizens. I was thinking radio free Europe, as that's the universal non-partisian source we extend to countries at the moment. Anyways, I am also interested in doing a debate on Mali or CAR if you have a resolution.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 1:23:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/25/2014 7:42:59 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am just wondering, why is the US always the main scapegoat for starting wars on terror? I only say this, because there are several conflicts the US is not involved in (We have command over some), but have got almost no attention at all. First of which is Mali. This is one of the most violent conflicts in Africa after CAR, and France has been fighting terrorists there since 2002. In addition, in a story that had almost no media attention, a year a go, the EU sent 20,000 troops to the Central African Republic, who are now living in the jungle fighting coups.

Don't even get me started with the other nations. Germany for example, is the largest supporter of Free Syria. They provide support, logistics, and command to the Syrians. Hell, the army is led by a German Staff Sergeant. Yet when we talk about Syria, we reference the US -_-. There's also the Philippines, in which Australia is training, arming, and fighting terrorists on the lower isles. (The US has command, but mostly through Australia). Has anyone ever brought this up in the media?

Then there are the conflicts that only get attention for a week, before being ignored by the world. Like Azerbaijan and Turkey, who are both European nations (Azerbaijan is, and Turkey's considered a part of Europe), fighting the Armenian backed Apocalyptic cult. China? Whoever talks about the monthly massacres we here about? East Turkestan terrorists get a buller a day.

My point, is that the war on terror has been internationally one sided. Every single European country has participated in some form of war on terror, that didn't involve the US, yet people completely ignore these? For fvcks sake, there are armies occupying the nations of CAR and Mali, yet most people don't even know this.

Americans are uneducated due to the media situation. Take the 2008 Russo-Georgian war for example. I would argue that 8/10 american's don't even know what I'm talking about. The conflict in which Russia illegally invaded georgia, 10,000 ethnic Georgians wound up dead, and the US sent their whole regional fleet to the baltic and aimed missiles at Russia. Seriously? No one remembers this catastrophe that happened 4 years a go?

The US funds free media in other nations. I think its time we fund free, non partisian media like we are in those nations for our own citizens. I was thinking radio free Europe, as that's the universal non-partisian source we extend to countries at the moment. Anyways, I am also interested in doing a debate on Mali or CAR if you have a resolution.

No one thinks Malians are coming to blow us up, therefore its not in the interests of the establishment to disseminate such information to the people seems to be what's happening, unless you have any other ideas? I don't really know what you think disseminating information about Mali would help anyway.

Also, the US funds pro-US media in other nations. Why would it fund media which might oppose it? Furthermore, I think you would benefit from hearing what Chomsky has to say about the media, and how it basically cannot be 'free' in our current society, essentially due to factors such as the need for profit, that the media is controlled by wealthy individuals with powerful friends, that the most convenient source for information is the establishment, etc.