Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Tea Party Republicans need to work with Obama

Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 11:24:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
on immigration reform.

http://www.schumer.senate.gov...

Despite some of the things I don't necessarily fully agree with in this bill, Tea Party Reps. need to get their act together and start learning to compromise at least a little on some of these political issues.

Honestly, these Tea Party Reps. are just making themselves look worse than they already do and at this rate they will be extinct if they continue not working with others on these important political issues.

Really these Tea Party Reps. Aren't even Reps., but Libertarians in disguise.

It's not cool to say the least and if Democrats want things to get done they at least need to help Establishment Republicans regain their footing in congress.

I mean Democrats and Establishment Republicans really need to start targeting these Libertarians. They are the ones causing all this mayhem domestically. I just wished others could see this problem.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:53:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why shouldn't Obama work with them?
Why is compromise held in such high esteem in politics, when compromise almost always has a victor?

You want X and Y, I want neither, we compromise and get X. Who wins?
My work here is, finally, done.
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 11:51:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/30/2014 11:24:53 PM, Haroush wrote:
on immigration reform.

http://www.schumer.senate.gov...

Despite some of the things I don't necessarily fully agree with in this bill, Tea Party Reps. need to get their act together and start learning to compromise at least a little on some of these political issues.

Honestly, these Tea Party Reps. are just making themselves look worse than they already do and at this rate they will be extinct if they continue not working with others on these important political issues.

Really these Tea Party Reps. Aren't even Reps., but Libertarians in disguise.

It's not cool to say the least and if Democrats want things to get done they at least need to help Establishment Republicans regain their footing in congress.

I mean Democrats and Establishment Republicans really need to start targeting these Libertarians. They are the ones causing all this mayhem domestically. I just wished others could see this problem.

What a silly argument. You make it sound like the Tea Party is a majority. It is obvious you really do not understand what you are even saying. Do you realize there are only about 25 Washington elected officials who claim to be part of the Tea Party movement? Most of whom are congressmen?

Do you really believe that this minority (most of who are freshmans with no power) of the minority is preventing the President from doing his job. Let me offer you this piece of advice. STOP BELIEVING THE RHETORIC YOU ARE TOLD TO THINK. The tea party movement is a very small minority with zero influence in governing this country. They are a patsy and the excuse for reasons why the Dems and Reps can't get anything done.

Don't be suckered in to the lies you are told. And just as an FYI - I am not a Tea Party supporter. I took my dog out of the fight because it is rigged - it is about as legitimate as World Wrestling Federation.
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2014 12:08:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 11:51:08 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 6/30/2014 11:24:53 PM, Haroush wrote:
on immigration reform.

http://www.schumer.senate.gov...

Despite some of the things I don't necessarily fully agree with in this bill, Tea Party Reps. need to get their act together and start learning to compromise at least a little on some of these political issues.

Honestly, these Tea Party Reps. are just making themselves look worse than they already do and at this rate they will be extinct if they continue not working with others on these important political issues.

Really these Tea Party Reps. Aren't even Reps., but Libertarians in disguise.

It's not cool to say the least and if Democrats want things to get done they at least need to help Establishment Republicans regain their footing in congress.

I mean Democrats and Establishment Republicans really need to start targeting these Libertarians. They are the ones causing all this mayhem domestically. I just wished others could see this problem.

What a silly argument. You make it sound like the Tea Party is a majority. It is obvious you really do not understand what you are even saying. Do you realize there are only about 25 Washington elected officials who claim to be part of the Tea Party movement? Most of whom are congressmen?

Do you really believe that this minority (most of who are freshmans with no power) of the minority is preventing the President from doing his job. Let me offer you this piece of advice. STOP BELIEVING THE RHETORIC YOU ARE TOLD TO THINK. The tea party movement is a very small minority with zero influence in governing this country. They are a patsy and the excuse for reasons why the Dems and Reps can't get anything done.

Don't be suckered in to the lies you are told. And just as an FYI - I am not a Tea Party supporter. I took my dog out of the fight because it is rigged - it is about as legitimate as World Wrestling Federation.

If you say so. Though, it's obvious the Tea Party is gaining ground in Congress and the Senate.

By the way, remember the government shutdown? Remember who voted for that on the Republican side? The Tea Party officials. At FIRST, mainly all REPS voted for it, but as soon as it was obvious the plan wasn't working, moderate REPS backed away, but guess who didn't and kept trying to push this agenda? The libertarians (A.K.A Tea Party)

If anything, you are the one believing propaganda, not me.

By the way, I never said the Tea Party was wrong on all topics of discussions. All, I am addressing when it comes to the Tea Party is their ability to communicate with others and make compromises.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 6:11:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/30/2014 11:24:53 PM, Haroush wrote:
on immigration reform.

http://www.schumer.senate.gov...

Despite some of the things I don't necessarily fully agree with in this bill, Tea Party Reps. need to get their act together and start learning to compromise at least a little on some of these political issues.

Honestly, these Tea Party Reps. are just making themselves look worse than they already do and at this rate they will be extinct if they continue not working with others on these important political issues.

Really these Tea Party Reps. Aren't even Reps., but Libertarians in disguise.

It's not cool to say the least and if Democrats want things to get done they at least need to help Establishment Republicans regain their footing in congress.

I mean Democrats and Establishment Republicans really need to start targeting these Libertarians. They are the ones causing all this mayhem domestically. I just wished others could see this problem.

Yeah I agree. Tea party people are bananas
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 9:36:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:08:08 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:51:08 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 6/30/2014 11:24:53 PM, Haroush wrote:
on immigration reform.

http://www.schumer.senate.gov...

Despite some of the things I don't necessarily fully agree with in this bill, Tea Party Reps. need to get their act together and start learning to compromise at least a little on some of these political issues.

Honestly, these Tea Party Reps. are just making themselves look worse than they already do and at this rate they will be extinct if they continue not working with others on these important political issues.

Really these Tea Party Reps. Aren't even Reps., but Libertarians in disguise.

It's not cool to say the least and if Democrats want things to get done they at least need to help Establishment Republicans regain their footing in congress.

I mean Democrats and Establishment Republicans really need to start targeting these Libertarians. They are the ones causing all this mayhem domestically. I just wished others could see this problem.

What a silly argument. You make it sound like the Tea Party is a majority. It is obvious you really do not understand what you are even saying. Do you realize there are only about 25 Washington elected officials who claim to be part of the Tea Party movement? Most of whom are congressmen?

Do you really believe that this minority (most of who are freshmans with no power) of the minority is preventing the President from doing his job. Let me offer you this piece of advice. STOP BELIEVING THE RHETORIC YOU ARE TOLD TO THINK. The tea party movement is a very small minority with zero influence in governing this country. They are a patsy and the excuse for reasons why the Dems and Reps can't get anything done.

Don't be suckered in to the lies you are told. And just as an FYI - I am not a Tea Party supporter. I took my dog out of the fight because it is rigged - it is about as legitimate as World Wrestling Federation.

If you say so. Though, it's obvious the Tea Party is gaining ground in Congress and the Senate.

By the way, remember the government shutdown? Remember who voted for that on the Republican side? The Tea Party officials. At FIRST, mainly all REPS voted for it, but as soon as it was obvious the plan wasn't working, moderate REPS backed away, but guess who didn't and kept trying to push this agenda? The libertarians (A.K.A Tea Party)

If anything, you are the one believing propaganda, not me.

By the way, I never said the Tea Party was wrong on all topics of discussions. All, I am addressing when it comes to the Tea Party is their ability to communicate with others and make compromises.

They are a tiny minority - no one needs them to compromise. They are not that influential regardless if you or I believe in some of the things they propose. The dems are the majority - more republicans support the democrats agenda than the tea party agenda. I guess I don't see what your point is. They are a patsy, I pay no attention to people blaming the tea party
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 1:34:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/5/2014 9:36:08 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:08:08 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:51:08 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 6/30/2014 11:24:53 PM, Haroush wrote:
on immigration reform.

http://www.schumer.senate.gov...

Despite some of the things I don't necessarily fully agree with in this bill, Tea Party Reps. need to get their act together and start learning to compromise at least a little on some of these political issues.

Honestly, these Tea Party Reps. are just making themselves look worse than they already do and at this rate they will be extinct if they continue not working with others on these important political issues.

Really these Tea Party Reps. Aren't even Reps., but Libertarians in disguise.

It's not cool to say the least and if Democrats want things to get done they at least need to help Establishment Republicans regain their footing in congress.

I mean Democrats and Establishment Republicans really need to start targeting these Libertarians. They are the ones causing all this mayhem domestically. I just wished others could see this problem.

What a silly argument. You make it sound like the Tea Party is a majority. It is obvious you really do not understand what you are even saying. Do you realize there are only about 25 Washington elected officials who claim to be part of the Tea Party movement? Most of whom are congressmen?

Do you really believe that this minority (most of who are freshmans with no power) of the minority is preventing the President from doing his job. Let me offer you this piece of advice. STOP BELIEVING THE RHETORIC YOU ARE TOLD TO THINK. The tea party movement is a very small minority with zero influence in governing this country. They are a patsy and the excuse for reasons why the Dems and Reps can't get anything done.

Don't be suckered in to the lies you are told. And just as an FYI - I am not a Tea Party supporter. I took my dog out of the fight because it is rigged - it is about as legitimate as World Wrestling Federation.

If you say so. Though, it's obvious the Tea Party is gaining ground in Congress and the Senate.

By the way, remember the government shutdown? Remember who voted for that on the Republican side? The Tea Party officials. At FIRST, mainly all REPS voted for it, but as soon as it was obvious the plan wasn't working, moderate REPS backed away, but guess who didn't and kept trying to push this agenda? The libertarians (A.K.A Tea Party)

If anything, you are the one believing propaganda, not me.

By the way, I never said the Tea Party was wrong on all topics of discussions. All, I am addressing when it comes to the Tea Party is their ability to communicate with others and make compromises.

They are a tiny minority - no one needs them to compromise. They are not that influential regardless if you or I believe in some of the things they propose. The dems are the majority - more republicans support the democrats agenda than the tea party agenda. I guess I don't see what your point is. They are a patsy, I pay no attention to people blaming the tea party

The tea party does in fact have a strong influence on Congress that goes far beyond the numbers. In order for things to get done in Washington republicans have to be able to settle with moving to the left at times to compromise, however thanks to the tea party they now have to worry about their right as well. If you give a politician a choice between getting things done and keeping their seats, most of them choose their seats. And so for the moderate republican, the tea party challenger running to their right tends to be their bigger concern and the elected tea party officials in congress set the tone for them.
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 1:45:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/6/2014 1:34:04 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 7/5/2014 9:36:08 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:08:08 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:51:08 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 6/30/2014 11:24:53 PM, Haroush wrote:
on immigration reform.

http://www.schumer.senate.gov...

Despite some of the things I don't necessarily fully agree with in this bill, Tea Party Reps. need to get their act together and start learning to compromise at least a little on some of these political issues.

Honestly, these Tea Party Reps. are just making themselves look worse than they already do and at this rate they will be extinct if they continue not working with others on these important political issues.

Really these Tea Party Reps. Aren't even Reps., but Libertarians in disguise.

It's not cool to say the least and if Democrats want things to get done they at least need to help Establishment Republicans regain their footing in congress.

I mean Democrats and Establishment Republicans really need to start targeting these Libertarians. They are the ones causing all this mayhem domestically. I just wished others could see this problem.

What a silly argument. You make it sound like the Tea Party is a majority. It is obvious you really do not understand what you are even saying. Do you realize there are only about 25 Washington elected officials who claim to be part of the Tea Party movement? Most of whom are congressmen?

Do you really believe that this minority (most of who are freshmans with no power) of the minority is preventing the President from doing his job. Let me offer you this piece of advice. STOP BELIEVING THE RHETORIC YOU ARE TOLD TO THINK. The tea party movement is a very small minority with zero influence in governing this country. They are a patsy and the excuse for reasons why the Dems and Reps can't get anything done.

Don't be suckered in to the lies you are told. And just as an FYI - I am not a Tea Party supporter. I took my dog out of the fight because it is rigged - it is about as legitimate as World Wrestling Federation.

If you say so. Though, it's obvious the Tea Party is gaining ground in Congress and the Senate.

By the way, remember the government shutdown? Remember who voted for that on the Republican side? The Tea Party officials. At FIRST, mainly all REPS voted for it, but as soon as it was obvious the plan wasn't working, moderate REPS backed away, but guess who didn't and kept trying to push this agenda? The libertarians (A.K.A Tea Party)

If anything, you are the one believing propaganda, not me.

By the way, I never said the Tea Party was wrong on all topics of discussions. All, I am addressing when it comes to the Tea Party is their ability to communicate with others and make compromises.

They are a tiny minority - no one needs them to compromise. They are not that influential regardless if you or I believe in some of the things they propose. The dems are the majority - more republicans support the democrats agenda than the tea party agenda. I guess I don't see what your point is. They are a patsy, I pay no attention to people blaming the tea party

The tea party does in fact have a strong influence on Congress that goes far beyond the numbers. In order for things to get done in Washington republicans have to be able to settle with moving to the left at times to compromise, however thanks to the tea party they now have to worry about their right as well. If you give a politician a choice between getting things done and keeping their seats, most of them choose their seats. And so for the moderate republican, the tea party challenger running to their right tends to be their bigger concern and the elected tea party officials in congress set the tone for them.

What does a conservative base have to do with getting the Te Party needing to comprimise. I fully agree with what you said but again - I am not talking about some filthy politician keeping his seat. I am talking about actual legislation. The Tea Party could not legislate a single bill into law by themselves or be the sole cause of the death of a bill. So again I ask - why should they compromise? What political reason is there for them to do this?

The real point I am making is that this whole topic of discussion is a distraction. We are debating an issue with a false premise. This is exactly what your career politician wants every democrat and republican drone to do. They create a nonsense issue, spin it to thier liking on both sides and say - here, chew on this to pacify yourself. Nevermind the man behind the curtain. This is done on a daily basis in our political world. It gives people with interest in politics something to argue about and renders any new ideas or competing interests frivolous. I hope the Tea Party does kicks some but, I just don't think the will. What attention they do get is largely negative and people believe what news readers tell them to believe
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 2:34:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/6/2014 1:45:45 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 7/6/2014 1:34:04 AM, Double_R wrote:
The tea party does in fact have a strong influence on Congress that goes far beyond the numbers. In order for things to get done in Washington republicans have to be able to settle with moving to the left at times to compromise, however thanks to the tea party they now have to worry about their right as well. If you give a politician a choice between getting things done and keeping their seats, most of them choose their seats. And so for the moderate republican, the tea party challenger running to their right tends to be their bigger concern and the elected tea party officials in congress set the tone for them.

What does a conservative base have to do with getting the Te Party needing to comprimise. I fully agree with what you said but again - I am not talking about some filthy politician keeping his seat. I am talking about actual legislation. The Tea Party could not legislate a single bill into law by themselves or be the sole cause of the death of a bill. So again I ask - why should they compromise? What political reason is there for them to do this?

The role a politician plays in actual legislation is how they keep their seat. Or more specifically how the base responds to their role, and thanks to the tea party their roles are being scrutinized in a way they never were before. That changes the way any modern day establishment republican approaches legislation, which affects actual legislation.

I am really not sure why this is so difficult. If you vote republican and you have a choice between a republican who compromises with democrats and a democrat, you are going to choose the republican who compromises. But if you have a choice between a republican who compromises and one who doesn't, you may just choose the latter. Therefore any republican who compromises sets themselves up for an immediate primary challenge by the tea party. Without that threat democrats and republicans might actually work together to get things done, but that won't happen as long as republican voters have the option of choosing the party that wont compromise.

You can squabble all you want about the filthy politicians who are more concerned about doing what's best for themselves then doing what's right for the country but guess what... that's human nature. And like it or not it will always play a large roll in our government or any government for that matter.

The real point I am making is that this whole topic of discussion is a distraction. We are debating an issue with a false premise. This is exactly what your career politician wants every democrat and republican drone to do. They create a nonsense issue, spin it to thier liking on both sides and say - here, chew on this to pacify yourself. Nevermind the man behind the curtain. This is done on a daily basis in our political world. It gives people with interest in politics something to argue about and renders any new ideas or competing interests frivolous. I hope the Tea Party does kicks some but, I just don't think the will. What attention they do get is largely negative and people believe what news readers tell them to believe

I have no clue what you are talking about. Are you a conspiracy theorist?
SemperVI
Posts: 294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 3:29:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
conspiracy theorist? seriously. No I am not - I pay attention... Are you naive?

At 7/6/2014 2:34:53 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 7/6/2014 1:45:45 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 7/6/2014 1:34:04 AM, Double_R wrote:
The tea party does in fact have a strong influence on Congress that goes far beyond the numbers. In order for things to get done in Washington republicans have to be able to settle with moving to the left at times to compromise, however thanks to the tea party they now have to worry about their right as well. If you give a politician a choice between getting things done and keeping their seats, most of them choose their seats. And so for the moderate republican, the tea party challenger running to their right tends to be their bigger concern and the elected tea party officials in congress set the tone for them.

What does a conservative base have to do with getting the Te Party needing to comprimise. I fully agree with what you said but again - I am not talking about some filthy politician keeping his seat. I am talking about actual legislation. The Tea Party could not legislate a single bill into law by themselves or be the sole cause of the death of a bill. So again I ask - why should they compromise? What political reason is there for them to do this?

The role a politician plays in actual legislation is how they keep their seat. Or more specifically how the base responds to their role, and thanks to the tea party their roles are being scrutinized in a way they never were before. That changes the way any modern day establishment republican approaches legislation, which affects actual legislation.

I am really not sure why this is so difficult. If you vote republican and you have a choice between a republican who compromises with democrats and a democrat, you are going to choose the republican who compromises. But if you have a choice between a republican who compromises and one who doesn't, you may just choose the latter. Therefore any republican who compromises sets themselves up for an immediate primary challenge by the tea party. Without that threat democrats and republicans might actually work together to get things done, but that won't happen as long as republican voters have the option of choosing the party that wont compromise.

You can squabble all you want about the filthy politicians who are more concerned about doing what's best for themselves then doing what's right for the country but guess what... that's human nature. And like it or not it will always play a large roll in our government or any government for that matter.

The real point I am making is that this whole topic of discussion is a distraction. We are debating an issue with a false premise. This is exactly what your career politician wants every democrat and republican drone to do. They create a nonsense issue, spin it to thier liking on both sides and say - here, chew on this to pacify yourself. Nevermind the man behind the curtain. This is done on a daily basis in our political world. It gives people with interest in politics something to argue about and renders any new ideas or competing interests frivolous. I hope the Tea Party does kicks some but, I just don't think the will. What attention they do get is largely negative and people believe what news readers tell them to believe

I have no clue what you are talking about. Are you a conspiracy theorist?
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2014 3:39:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/6/2014 3:29:06 PM, SemperVI wrote:
conspiracy theorist? seriously. No I am not - I pay attention... Are you naive?

At 7/6/2014 2:34:53 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 7/6/2014 1:45:45 PM, SemperVI wrote:
At 7/6/2014 1:34:04 AM, Double_R wrote:
The tea party does in fact have a strong influence on Congress that goes far beyond the numbers. In order for things to get done in Washington republicans have to be able to settle with moving to the left at times to compromise, however thanks to the tea party they now have to worry about their right as well. If you give a politician a choice between getting things done and keeping their seats, most of them choose their seats. And so for the moderate republican, the tea party challenger running to their right tends to be their bigger concern and the elected tea party officials in congress set the tone for them.

What does a conservative base have to do with getting the Te Party needing to comprimise. I fully agree with what you said but again - I am not talking about some filthy politician keeping his seat. I am talking about actual legislation. The Tea Party could not legislate a single bill into law by themselves or be the sole cause of the death of a bill. So again I ask - why should they compromise? What political reason is there for them to do this?

The role a politician plays in actual legislation is how they keep their seat. Or more specifically how the base responds to their role, and thanks to the tea party their roles are being scrutinized in a way they never were before. That changes the way any modern day establishment republican approaches legislation, which affects actual legislation.

I am really not sure why this is so difficult. If you vote republican and you have a choice between a republican who compromises with democrats and a democrat, you are going to choose the republican who compromises. But if you have a choice between a republican who compromises and one who doesn't, you may just choose the latter. Therefore any republican who compromises sets themselves up for an immediate primary challenge by the tea party. Without that threat democrats and republicans might actually work together to get things done, but that won't happen as long as republican voters have the option of choosing the party that wont compromise.

You can squabble all you want about the filthy politicians who are more concerned about doing what's best for themselves then doing what's right for the country but guess what... that's human nature. And like it or not it will always play a large roll in our government or any government for that matter.

The real point I am making is that this whole topic of discussion is a distraction. We are debating an issue with a false premise. This is exactly what your career politician wants every democrat and republican drone to do. They create a nonsense issue, spin it to thier liking on both sides and say - here, chew on this to pacify yourself. Nevermind the man behind the curtain. This is done on a daily basis in our political world. It gives people with interest in politics something to argue about and renders any new ideas or competing interests frivolous. I hope the Tea Party does kicks some but, I just don't think the will. What attention they do get is largely negative and people believe what news readers tell them to believe

I have no clue what you are talking about. Are you a conspiracy theorist?

Thanks for the meaningless response, would you now care to add something useful to the discussion?

You stated that whatever is going on in your mind is exactly what "your career politician" wants, and that people simply believe what they are told. That is the exact same rhetoric conspiracy theorists spout. Beyond that I have no idea what you are talking about. So would you care to explain it, or is this the point where we just start throwing insults back and fourth?
Raff242
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 7:08:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/4/2014 12:08:08 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:51:08 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 6/30/2014 11:24:53 PM, Haroush wrote:
on immigration reform.

http://www.schumer.senate.gov...

Despite some of the things I don't necessarily fully agree with in this bill, Tea Party Reps. need to get their act together and start learning to compromise at least a little on some of these political issues.

Honestly, these Tea Party Reps. are just making themselves look worse than they already do and at this rate they will be extinct if they continue not working with others on these important political issues.

Really these Tea Party Reps. Aren't even Reps., but Libertarians in disguise.

It's not cool to say the least and if Democrats want things to get done they at least need to help Establishment Republicans regain their footing in congress.

I mean Democrats and Establishment Republicans really need to start targeting these Libertarians. They are the ones causing all this mayhem domestically. I just wished others could see this problem.

What a silly argument. You make it sound like the Tea Party is a majority. It is obvious you really do not understand what you are even saying. Do you realize there are only about 25 Washington elected officials who claim to be part of the Tea Party movement? Most of whom are congressmen?

Do you really believe that this minority (most of who are freshmans with no power) of the minority is preventing the President from doing his job. Let me offer you this piece of advice. STOP BELIEVING THE RHETORIC YOU ARE TOLD TO THINK. The tea party movement is a very small minority with zero influence in governing this country. They are a patsy and the excuse for reasons why the Dems and Reps can't get anything done.

Don't be suckered in to the lies you are told. And just as an FYI - I am not a Tea Party supporter. I took my dog out of the fight because it is rigged - it is about as legitimate as World Wrestling Federation.

If you say so. Though, it's obvious the Tea Party is gaining ground in Congress and the Senate.

By the way, remember the government shutdown? Remember who voted for that on the Republican side? The Tea Party officials. At FIRST, mainly all REPS voted for it, but as soon as it was obvious the plan wasn't working, moderate REPS backed away, but guess who didn't and kept trying to push this agenda? The libertarians (A.K.A Tea Party)

If anything, you are the one believing propaganda, not me.

By the way, I never said the Tea Party was wrong on all topics of discussions. All, I am addressing when it comes to the Tea Party is their ability to communicate with others and make compromises.

You do realize that is was the democrats that shut down the government
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 9:55:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/12/2014 7:08:03 PM, Raff242 wrote:
At 7/4/2014 12:08:08 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 7/4/2014 11:51:08 AM, SemperVI wrote:
At 6/30/2014 11:24:53 PM, Haroush wrote:
on immigration reform.

http://www.schumer.senate.gov...

Despite some of the things I don't necessarily fully agree with in this bill, Tea Party Reps. need to get their act together and start learning to compromise at least a little on some of these political issues.

Honestly, these Tea Party Reps. are just making themselves look worse than they already do and at this rate they will be extinct if they continue not working with others on these important political issues.

Really these Tea Party Reps. Aren't even Reps., but Libertarians in disguise.

It's not cool to say the least and if Democrats want things to get done they at least need to help Establishment Republicans regain their footing in congress.

I mean Democrats and Establishment Republicans really need to start targeting these Libertarians. They are the ones causing all this mayhem domestically. I just wished others could see this problem.

What a silly argument. You make it sound like the Tea Party is a majority. It is obvious you really do not understand what you are even saying. Do you realize there are only about 25 Washington elected officials who claim to be part of the Tea Party movement? Most of whom are congressmen?

Do you really believe that this minority (most of who are freshmans with no power) of the minority is preventing the President from doing his job. Let me offer you this piece of advice. STOP BELIEVING THE RHETORIC YOU ARE TOLD TO THINK. The tea party movement is a very small minority with zero influence in governing this country. They are a patsy and the excuse for reasons why the Dems and Reps can't get anything done.

Don't be suckered in to the lies you are told. And just as an FYI - I am not a Tea Party supporter. I took my dog out of the fight because it is rigged - it is about as legitimate as World Wrestling Federation.

If you say so. Though, it's obvious the Tea Party is gaining ground in Congress and the Senate.

By the way, remember the government shutdown? Remember who voted for that on the Republican side? The Tea Party officials. At FIRST, mainly all REPS voted for it, but as soon as it was obvious the plan wasn't working, moderate REPS backed away, but guess who didn't and kept trying to push this agenda? The libertarians (A.K.A Tea Party)

If anything, you are the one believing propaganda, not me.

By the way, I never said the Tea Party was wrong on all topics of discussions. All, I am addressing when it comes to the Tea Party is their ability to communicate with others and make compromises.


You do realize that is was the democrats that shut down the government

To a certain extent it was the Democrats, but it was partly the Tea Party too.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 1:56:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This one's a really tough challenge. Right now, there are 52,000 unaccompanied minors who have been apprehended at the border and 39,000 women with children. On the one hand, if they're not deported then far more will come... but if they are deported, then we expose them to varying levels of danger once they're back at the expense of US taxpayers. This is what's referred to as a "no-win situation" for Democrat, and it's precipitously close to becoming a human right's crisis.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,256
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 10:21:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 1:56:06 AM, YYW wrote:
This one's a really tough challenge. Right now, there are 52,000 unaccompanied minors who have been apprehended at the border and 39,000 women with children. On the one hand, if they're not deported then far more will come... but if they are deported, then we expose them to varying levels of danger once they're back at the expense of US taxpayers. This is what's referred to as a "no-win situation" for Democrat, and it's precipitously close to becoming a human right's crisis.

We can take in border hoppers no problem but we cant bring Afghan refugees here?

http://www.cbsnews.com...
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:29:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 10:21:41 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:56:06 AM, YYW wrote:
This one's a really tough challenge. Right now, there are 52,000 unaccompanied minors who have been apprehended at the border and 39,000 women with children. On the one hand, if they're not deported then far more will come... but if they are deported, then we expose them to varying levels of danger once they're back at the expense of US taxpayers. This is what's referred to as a "no-win situation" for Democrat, and it's precipitously close to becoming a human right's crisis.

We can take in border hoppers no problem but we cant bring Afghan refugees here?

http://www.cbsnews.com...

It's the other way around. I watched your video. It talks about a State Department program where an Afghan translator was brought to the United States and promised three month's rent, furniture and help finding a job. Apparently, he (the translator the story focuses on) only got help with rent, and can not find a job. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, though...
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,256
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:39:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 12:29:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/13/2014 10:21:41 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:56:06 AM, YYW wrote:
This one's a really tough challenge. Right now, there are 52,000 unaccompanied minors who have been apprehended at the border and 39,000 women with children. On the one hand, if they're not deported then far more will come... but if they are deported, then we expose them to varying levels of danger once they're back at the expense of US taxpayers. This is what's referred to as a "no-win situation" for Democrat, and it's precipitously close to becoming a human right's crisis.

We can take in border hoppers no problem but we cant bring Afghan refugees here?

http://www.cbsnews.com...

It's the other way around. I watched your video. It talks about a State Department program where an Afghan translator was brought to the United States and promised three month's rent, furniture and help finding a job. Apparently, he (the translator the story focuses on) only got help with rent, and can not find a job. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, though...

I posted the wrong link. I think there is some info out there where the State Dept only grants 3000 or so visas but there are 7000-9000 applicants as translators? Sorry YYW!
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:44:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/13/2014 12:39:51 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/13/2014 12:29:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/13/2014 10:21:41 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/13/2014 1:56:06 AM, YYW wrote:
This one's a really tough challenge. Right now, there are 52,000 unaccompanied minors who have been apprehended at the border and 39,000 women with children. On the one hand, if they're not deported then far more will come... but if they are deported, then we expose them to varying levels of danger once they're back at the expense of US taxpayers. This is what's referred to as a "no-win situation" for Democrat, and it's precipitously close to becoming a human right's crisis.

We can take in border hoppers no problem but we cant bring Afghan refugees here?

http://www.cbsnews.com...

It's the other way around. I watched your video. It talks about a State Department program where an Afghan translator was brought to the United States and promised three month's rent, furniture and help finding a job. Apparently, he (the translator the story focuses on) only got help with rent, and can not find a job. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, though...

I posted the wrong link. I think there is some info out there where the State Dept only grants 3000 or so visas but there are 7000-9000 applicants as translators? Sorry YYW!

Ok.
Tsar of DDO