Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 4:29:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.foxnews.com...

Win!

Discuss.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 4:41:51 PM
I believe that the reason that Paul was never seen as a serious contender was that nobody thought he had a chance. I know a great deal of people that would love for him to be president, but wouldn't vote for him because "he doesn't really stand a chance". I had gotten similar responses from just about everybody I asked.

I know I'd vote for him. I'll be able to vote in the primaries next cycle.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 4:42:16 PM
It means nothing. Didn't Romney win the last straw poll?

Paul will never be a good candidate for the GOP. He's too fringe, and I question his sanity on some occasions. Maybe they did this to lift his spirits a little - he does seem kind of depressed all the time.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 4:45:28 PM
I think that if the party gets enough support behind him and make him a serious contender, he'll win.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 4:46:24 PM
At 2/20/2010 4:42:16 PM, Volkov wrote:
Paul will never be a good candidate for the GOP. He's too fringe, and I question his sanity on some occasions. Maybe they did this to lift his spirits a little - he does seem kind of depressed all the time.

You can't just go around questioning someones sanity and not give an example of what he has done to make you think so.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 4:46:34 PM
At 2/20/2010 4:42:16 PM, Volkov wrote:
It means nothing. Didn't Romney win the last straw poll?

Man, he is getting old?

How old will he be... into his 80's as president?
Wow that is old.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 4:48:29 PM
This is great news. That means the conspiratorial movement has grown rapidly.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 4:57:33 PM
At 2/20/2010 4:48:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Is he really a truther? I didn't think he was.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 5:00:00 PM
At 2/20/2010 4:57:33 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Is he really a truther? I didn't think he was.

"Paul does not believe the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks were a government conspiracy and has explicitly denied being a 9/11 "truther", arguing that the issue is not a conspiracy but a failure of bureaucracy." - Wikipedia[1]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 5:06:46 PM
Oh, I didn't realize that 911 is the only attribute of the conspiratorial movement. 911 is just but one tiny aspect of it.

You know, Ron Paul is a regular guest on the Alex Jones show and they tend to agree on just about everything. Alex Jones being one of the leading figures in the conspiratorial movement.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 5:27:19 PM
At 2/20/2010 5:06:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Oh, I didn't realize that 911 is the only attribute of the conspiratorial movement. 911 is just but one tiny aspect of it.

You know, Ron Paul is a regular guest on the Alex Jones show and they tend to agree on just about everything. Alex Jones being one of the leading figures in the conspiratorial movement.

Well, what consipracy do they agree on then? If they disagree on conspiracies, then your argument holds no weight.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:25:13 PM
At 2/20/2010 5:38:52 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Wow, this awesome. Imagine if he was actually president.

I don't think he could actually win for PotUS any time soon. Since the makeup of the population would not fully support him. However, I've always liked his integrety and he was my favorite of the GOP in 2008 (I don't agree with him on hardly anything, but I love his conviction in his beliefs).

I think the best he can do is help unify the party and change its direction back toward libertarianism and away from the neoconservatism that it has been going the last few decades. He could be the new Berry Goldwater, but not Reagen (IMO).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:33:36 PM

No it doesn't...I thank GOD for that (and I'm an atheist).
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:36:20 PM
At 2/20/2010 6:33:36 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Well, as far as I'm concerned, almost all of his supporters are part of the conspiratorial movement. If he lost their support, he'd be nothing.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:37:49 PM
At 2/20/2010 6:25:13 PM, OreEle wrote:
I think the best he can do is help unify the party and change its direction back toward libertarianism and away from the neoconservatism that it has been going the last few decades. He could be the new Berry Goldwater, but not Reagen (IMO).

Ron Paul is a man of principle and a true libertarian radical. Do not compare him to Barry Goldwater or Reagan.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:38:53 PM
At 2/20/2010 6:36:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Well, as far as I'm concerned, almost all of his supporters are part of the conspiratorial movement. If he lost their support, he'd be nothing.

Good for you. I support him. I'm not a conspirator. I'm just a secessionist.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:41:16 PM
At 2/20/2010 6:38:53 PM, mongoose wrote:

Hence, why I said "almost all." Obviously there are exceptions. I can also tell you that 99% of the conspiratorial movement supports Ron Paul, or at the very least, favors him above all other candidates.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:43:23 PM
At 2/20/2010 6:41:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/20/2010 6:38:53 PM, mongoose wrote:

Hence, why I said "almost all." Obviously there are exceptions. I can also tell you that 99% of the conspiratorial movement supports Ron Paul, or at the very least, favors him above all other candidates.

That actually means nothing then.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:44:04 PM
At 2/20/2010 6:37:49 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 2/20/2010 6:25:13 PM, OreEle wrote:

Ron Paul is a man of principle and a true libertarian radical. Do not compare him to Barry Goldwater or Reagan.

Only meaning what he could do as far as ignite the party, not comparing actual ideals. We can argue the ideals of Goldwater or Reagan, but I think the spark that they caused in the GOP is undeniable. But I could be wrong.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:47:41 PM
At 2/20/2010 6:43:23 PM, mongoose wrote:

That actually means nothing then.

That was an additional point (as noted by use of the word "also"), not the sole reason behind my earlier statements.

Just look at Ron Paul's support base. Plus, if his supporters support his views, and Ron Paul's views align closely with Alex Jones, then it follows that the supporters support Alex Jones' views as well.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:51:32 PM
Ron Paul's base is college students. Still, sharing a view, and being an advocate for conspiracy are two different things (the aims of smaller government may be the same, the reasoning for it, not).

It's like saying Yaron Brook is likely to be a Christian fundy because he speaks regularly on Glenn Beck's show..
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:54:52 PM
At 2/20/2010 6:51:32 PM, Puck wrote:
Ron Paul's base is college students. Still, sharing a view, and being an advocate for conspiracy are two different things

Yes, but if that view itself is the advocation of a conspiracy, then yes, they're the same.

It's like saying Yaron Brook is likely to be a Christian fundy because he speaks regularly on Glenn Beck's show..

As I said before. Ron Paul goes on the Alex Jones show often and generally AGREES with him on everything. I never once said that being a guest on a show means you agree with the host.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 6:59:34 PM
A base of college students is better then a base of 65+ year olds. Atleast they'll live longer and keep the movement going longer.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 7:01:15 PM
At 2/20/2010 6:54:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/20/2010 6:51:32 PM, Puck wrote:
Ron Paul's base is college students. Still, sharing a view, and being an advocate for conspiracy are two different things

Yes, but if that view itself is the advocation of a conspiracy, then yes, they're the same.

As I said before. Ron Paul goes on the Alex Jones show often and generally AGREES with him on everything. I never once said that being a guest on a show means you agree with the host.

Does he agree with conspiracy theories?
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 7:10:19 PM

No they're not (see: pretty much all the libertarians/paleocons/conservatarians on this site).

Obviously that's not representative of the general population, but...YAL is pretty big nowadays. It's growing, too, and not with conspiracy theorists. Paul may have started out as the favorite of the nutjobs, and they did A LOT to undermine his credibility, but, I think it's safe to say he has broken away.

If anything undermines his mainstream support, it'll be the same thing that did in Medina...his association with the crazies.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 7:12:39 PM
At 2/20/2010 7:01:15 PM, mongoose wrote:

"Conspiracy" is a very misleading term with connotations of misunderstanding.

I know that Ron Paul supports the New World Order conspiracy "theory," which is really an all encompassing network of multiple "conspiracies." He advocates the global currency conspiracy, the NAU conspiracy, the CIA conspiracy (he is even quoted saying the "CIA runs everything"), the Federal Reserve conspiracy, U.S. created Al Qiada conspiracy, etc.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 7:19:57 PM
At 2/20/2010 7:12:39 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/20/2010 7:01:15 PM, mongoose wrote:

"Conspiracy" is a very misleading term with connotations of misunderstanding.

I know that Ron Paul supports the New World Order conspiracy "theory," which is really an all encompassing network of multiple "conspiracies." He advocates the global currency conspiracy, the NAU conspiracy, the CIA conspiracy (he is even quoted saying the "CIA runs everything"), the Federal Reserve conspiracy, U.S. created Al Qiada conspiracy, etc.

Just to be fair, could you provide some sources for these?
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 7:25:52 PM
At 2/20/2010 7:19:57 PM, OreEle wrote:

Just to be fair, could you provide some sources for these?

"There's been a coup, have you heard? It's the CIA coup. The CIA runs everything, they run the military. They're the ones who are over there lobbing missiles and bombs on countries. … And of course the CIA is every bit as secretive as the Federal Reserve. … And yet think of the harm they have done since they were established [after] World War II. They are a government unto themselves. They're in businesses, in drug businesses, they take out dictators … We need to take out the CIA." - Ron Paul[1]

""The first President Bush said the New World Order was in tune-- and that's what they were working for. The U.N. is part of that government. They're working right now very significantly towards a North American Union. That's why there's a lot of people in Washington right now who don't care too much about our borders. They have a philosophical belief that national sovereignty is not important. It's also the reason I've made the very strong suggestion the U.S. need not be in the U.N. for national security reasons." - Ron Paul[2]

[1] http://www.infowars.com...
[2] http://www.prisonplanet.com...